Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 24, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, November 24, 2014

Not too much going on today. Marlena & Roman come to see Eric's new apartment, she admires his Africa photos, thinks they will sell well for him, while Roman is happy he is staying in Salem, was worried when he got the "am moving" e-mail that he was leaving town. He understands why Sami wanted to leave, is sure glad Eric stayed.

Daniel & Nicole are horsing around in the park, he goes unconscious, she gets worried, but he is pulling another fast one, hits her with the ball. They are laughing and joking, but get serious when their faces get so close, she notes he is on top of her, he gets off, and says they have to talk. She says anywhere, not his apartment, but he talks her into it anyway. They sit on his sofa, talk about being friends again, how glad they are, both need the other, etc. etc. Daniel has brought them each a cup of tea, and Nicole manages to spill hers all over herself. Later, her phone rings, she figures it is her boss, reaches in her purse, somehow the phone slips out of her hands, sort of towards Daniel's lap, she dives for it, and now his tea spills. She decides to leave, she is wet, but may go shopping. Dan has some errands, tells her to stay, take a shower, use his washer & dryer, just lock up when she leaves. Off he goes.

Kate is talking on her phone in the square, occupying a table of course, with no food or drink on it. Clyde comes along, hears her, figures something is up, probably has to do with the guy his stepdaughter is dating. Kate tries sidestepping, not admitting anything, but Clyde persists. Later, she gets a phone call from Chad, and though Clyde steps away to give her privacy, he can tell she is not a happy camper. When she hangs up, she tells of now having a co-CEO, so much for how she thought she would get through the glass ceiling.

Over at the DiMera house, Sonny is confronting Chad about others knowing what he was up to, but not his partner. They go back and forth, Chad mentions Tad knowing, then Jordan, Sonny is really upset that others knew and not him. But Chad gives him a folder, he has been working on this this since he figured he would be in the new position, has an agreement in there for Sonny to get an even larger percentage, since Chad knew he would have to really step back, and Sonny has been handling the new south side place, and all the rest. Still wants to be partners, Sonny is his best friend, they are good, yada yada. Now Sonny tells him that Victor was the one who had hinted at this coming up for Chad, but smiles when he said Victor did not really tell him, it was Chad himself, when Sonny came there. Chad tells him that was well played. Big grins. But this is when Chad calls Kate, tells her Victor knows.Kate is having a fit, who else, he tells her. She is beside herself, telling Chad he did a lousy job his first day.

Kate calls Mr. Merkle doing some damage control. talks to Clyde a bit, Sonny returns, and she talks to him. He is trying to reassure her, that nothing about DiMera's business will be affecting their partnership, but Kate warns him back that Chad is showing more and more that he is definitely a DiMera. And while Sonny feels he does not need to heed his uncle's warnings, Kate tells him that Victor is a survivor, may be old, but is very wise, and got that way by staying aware.
Clyde runs into Chad, offers his congratulations, Kate told him the good news, suggests that maybe he & Kate, Clyde & Jordan could all go out to dinner some time. Clyde indicates that is never going to happen, but Clyde talks of how he is trying to make amends with the kids, has made some inroads with Ben, wants to do so with his stepdaughter. Clyde says nothing has ever been said, but he can tell by the way Jordan looks at Clyde, she doesn't like him.

Maggie sits and happily talks with Melanie, who lets her in on a secret, she is moving back to Salem for good. Maggie tells her Chad is back, but Melanie claims that does not bother her, talks of how she finally realized that others in her past did, Nick, Chad, Gabi should not keep her from being with those she loved. She notes Parker is getting so big and she is missing all that. She also talks of a friend who is moving to Salem, too, and while Maggie thinks it is a guy, nope, is a gal, met her in Europe, awesome person. She wants to surprise Brady, her dad, swears Henderson to secrecy, and just lots of hugs between her & Maggie.

Jennifer sits talking with JJ, wanting him to tell her what the heck is bothering him. Yep, another one of those interminable never ending flashbacks of the roll in the hay by Eve & JJ. She talks with him, he says he will tell her everything. Doorbell, tis Paige. Yes she would give him his space, and will, but had to see him. He convinces her to leave, he will talk to her later, sits back down on the sofa, looking dejected. Jen returns from the kitchen, offers to talk to Paige, JJ absolutely refuses to agree to her doing that, so then she talks about his dad, finally noting that his father owned up to what he did, made amends, it was how Aunt Kayla was able to move on, and for Jack himself to move on.

Daniel goes to see Eric, is his friend, and gotten back on track with Brady, is the same with Eric, and as his friend, wants to talk to him about this first. It is Nicole.

Jennifer is out in the square, calling Marlena, wants to talk to her right away, is important, please call her back.

JJ calls Paige, tells her that he wants to continue seeing her, will explain everything to her when he sees her, but it is important that neither of their moms know.

Nicole is just coming out of the shower, wrapped in a towel, frantic knocking on the door. (anyone else would put a robe on at least, or ask who is there, but...this is a soap, right?). She opens the door, a shocked Melanie sputters "what are YOU doing here?"

The best thing for JJ now is to be honest and tell Paige about him and her mom and hope for the best. This way Eve will get what she has coming from Paige.

I see a new generation of Kiriakas/DiMera fueding. Glad Sonny told Chad how he felt. Sonny do not be fooled; Chad is not to be trusted.

Maggie sits and happily talks with Melanie, who lets her in on a secret, she is moving back to Salem for good. Maggie tells her Chad is back, but Melanie claims that does not bother her, talks of how she finally realized that others in her past did, Nick, Chad, Gabi should not keep her from being with those she loved. She notes Parker is getting so big and she is missing all that. She also talks of a friend who is moving to Salem, too, and while Maggie thinks it is a guy, nope, is a gal, met her in Europe, awesome person. She wants to surprise Brady, her dad, swears Henderson to secrecy, and just lots of hugs between her & Maggie.
Maggie got up and went to find Henderson to tell him not to mention to Brady that Melanie was home (because Melanie wanted to surprise Brady herself). Once Maggie left the room, Melanie got up and walked over to the coffee pot, then went back to the couch, grabbed her purse and unzipped it to grab her phone. They did a close-up of the inside of her purse to show a bunch of money stuffed inside.

Henderson came in to warmly welcome Melanie, then left the room. Maggie said she noticed Melanie was rushed when she came back into the room and asked if she needed to talk. Melanie said there was something she didn't want Daniel or anyone else to know.

And we never got closure to that scene because the very next scene was Melanie at Daniel's door confronting Nicole. She does seem scared though.

I thought it was hilarious how Roman brought Eric a brand new toaster oven. MISSED PRODUCT PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITY! That apartment sure cleans up quickly and suddenly looks very modern! So they took the 2nd bedroom and the bathroom door from Austin's old apartment and took away the master bedroom. I think the master bedroom is in Ben's apartment. :rolleyes: And where were these African art pieces and photos when Eric had an office at the church, lived at the rectory and lived above the Pub???????? My how convenient the foreshadowing is on this show!

I wish Rafe would have brought the hammer instead of Daniel but I guess he and Eric were never really close since he and Sami were already divorced when Eric came to Salem. Plus TIIC eliminated Rafe from the whole Chyka storyline. :angry:

I did enjoy the Chad and Sonny scenes but I don't trust Chad any more than I trust Clyde.

I fast forwarded Jen/JJ/Paige/Nicole/Daniel. Just seems like more of the same conversation being drawn out repeatedly.

Line of the day to Maggie when she said "Sure I can keep a secret"

A few messages for some of those involved in today's episodes:
Clyde -- you're only now realizing that Kate is an accomplished liar. You're a bit slow on the uptake aren't you.
Kate -- so now you're making sarcastic remarks about T. This isn't surprising since T is a decent, honest guy and your taste in people runs to homicidal, drug-dealing rapists.
Melanie -- What's with the attitude about Nicole? Life has moved on since you left for Europe to live with your mother, Carly the Hag. You should also keep in mind that your sainted, scruffy daddy is a grown man and doesn't need the likes of you interfering in his relationships with women.

And to Nicole (and other Salemites as well).....you do NOT open your door to anyone, wearing only a towel. NO ONE should ever do that.
Heck, Melanie would have had the same reaction if Nicole had been wearing baggy jeans and a sweatshirt.

Sorry, was not impressed with Melanie's visit with Gramma Maggie, with anything she had to say, or did. That whole farce with henderson was hogwash.

To tell the truth, the only scenes that were interesting today were between Sonny & Chad.
But, what the heck, the actors have work, right? And it was easy memorizing lines, because they have said them all before, several times.

My thoughts on today's episode: I sat and stared at the screen for an hour while the show was on then I got up turned the TV off. That's it if you would have asked me to give a summary of the show two seconds after I did that I would have drawn a blank. Nothing made any impact because there's no movement everything just feels like it's moving in a continuous circle.

I will say the only scene that did stand out was Melanie opening her purse filled with money and I think that's just because she hasn't been on the show for months having pretty much the same conversations with the same people over and over again.

Let me just say that I am soooo over this Eve/JJ/Jennifer/Paige crud. The writers have basically turned Eve into a raging loon, Jennifer into a bitter hag, JJ into a neutered puppy and Paige into a Mensa-qualified moron. Can we move this along...PLEASE???

LOL, you know, when Melanie was digging in her purse, I thought maybe she was digging out some drugs.........that WAS the impression I was getting, but then it was the phone, and she was trying to text. (why not do that BEFORE she entered the house? ??

Did Melanie fly back from Europe? Don't they check everything when
you're flying in and out of foreign countries? Did someone ask about
the money or did it just appear in her bag after she got to Salem :)

I wonder how many people Eric told he was moving. I can
understand telling his parents. Surprised to see Daniel with
the two in one tool as a house warming gift.

This is the first time (I think) we've seen Roman since Sami left.

Anyone else notice more pictures at The Horton house? There
was one with Abby with a dog right by JJ.

I'm glad Sonny and Chad talked. I hope they can stay friends.

I agree the best scenes today were with Sonny and Chad. Usually I find business discussions to be as dull as dishwater but today they were really the only ones that clicked.

And I have to say that today continued something that better not become a trend: That's the totally unwarranted abuse of T! Last week we had Chad raise his voice at T and threaten to fire him when he just happened to be busting a table while Chad was conducting private business out in the open. Today we had Kate badmouth him for no reason whatsoever.

I don't know about anybody else but I say this is an outrage and I for for one will not stand for it, No Sir!:angry:

Did Melanie fly back from Europe? Don't they check everything when you're flying in and out of foreign countries? Did someone ask about
the money or did it just appear in her bag after she got to Salem :)
I can't say anything about the procedures for those leaving foreign countries, but the U.S. rule for persons entering the country is that amounts of $10,000 or more must be declared on a special form. If the Premier Party Girl failed to do this and her cash was discovered, her little treasure trove could have been seized. Imagine if this had happened and dear Melanie had to confess to Daddy McScruffy that she was now dead broke because she tried to smuggle a large amount of cash into the country and those meanies at Customs took it away.

I actually enjoyed Jen's scenes with JJ, to my surprise. Too bad she can't be like this with him more often. Of course then she had to go ruin it by calling Marlena; it looked to me like she's gonna try to set up help for him behind his back. I would love to see JJ have some session with Marlena--because HE wants it. Will Jen ever realize her son is not a little boy anymore???

Nicole and Daniel were great as usual. I really think Daniel does not owe Eric any explanation of anything whatsoever.

Jen might be trying to get some help for herself....in how she can better help her son????

Coming from a foreign country, would that money Melanie has be in Euros? or other currency? I mean American dollars? Odd. Then again, maybe she cashed a huge check after she arrived.
I do seem to remember having to open my carryon (purse and small bag) at Heathrow (London) and remember my purse going though a scanner in the U.S. And that was years ago, so am guessing that inspections are much more thorough these days.

Back