Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 3, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, November 3, 2014

JJ is drinking at the keg party in the park, a couple of cute gals begin flirting with him, each grabbing one arm, and Bev is in the bushes watching. "Perfect", she says as she snaps a couple of pics. Meanwhile Paige is in the Pub, mulling over what she just learned, that it was JJ's father, Jack, who had raped Kayla. No wonder he was acting the way he was. She texts him to meet her.
JJ gets the text, ditches the girls, pushing Rory for them, agrees to meet with Paige, she says Daniel's apartment. He tells Rory that is where he is going to meet Paige, Bev hears and takes off. JJ gets to apartment first, paces a bit aimlessly, opens the frig, decides to have a beer, Daniel will never miss it. He sits and drinks from that bottle. Meanwhile, Bev has waylaid Paige, chatters all about JJ being at he keg party, talking of JJ being a player, and that he probably lied to Paige last time, showing her the pictures, and promising to send them to her. Paige goes to Daniel's place, ponders a bit in the hall, but goes in. And there sits JJ, drinking a beer. Her face falls, she asks what he has been doing all day. He claims she knows....he has been texting her constantly, every 10 minutes or so. This is not sitting well with Paige.

Bree talks to Aiden, in the square, she is just taking care of some business, visiting with a few friends, used to live here. A surprise to Aiden. She says she is on her way to the airport, but then mentions him leaving Portland, and then Meridith, being her friend, missing her, but now she is gone. Hope sees them talking, but doesn't interrupt. Aiden is becoming uncomfortable, Bree has to go and leaves. Hope comes up, mentions him talking to Bree, does he know her. He did not realize Hope knew her. Yes, was in her Mommy & me class. Aiden tells of Bree being a friend of his wife, and then begs out of the family movie night, claiming Chase really doesn't like scary movies. Hope is understanding, maybe some other time. Aiden now has to go take a witness deposition, and takes off.

At Eve's apartment, she & Kayla are facing off. Kayla defends Jack big time, talking of how he felt after, went to therapy, spent years, turned his life around, was a good man. Eve is not buying it, is sarcastic, trashing Jack, and then JJ. She talks of how Paige is so smart, a 4.4 grade point average, scholarship, intern, while JJ has done drugs, mischief, has a police record. Kayla reminds Eve she has a record herself. Now Eve picks on Stephanie, mentioning her being mixed up with a lowlife, but Kayla is right back at her, telling her this is not really about JJ, but about Jennifer. Frankie loved Jennifer, Eve says he married her.......yes, then dumped you because he still loved Jennifer. You are still the same jealous vindictive person you were when I first met you. Kayla even brings up Eve trying to break up Shane & Kim, but Eve claims her daddy & Kim were already separated. They go back & forth, Kayla says she knows this is all really about Jennifer. She takes off, Eve figures she got the best of Kayla.

Theresa sits with Anne who today is non-stop talking in every scene. And it is funny, give the actress credit, memorizing all that had to be a challenge. Anne is trying to make Theresa realize that it is over for her and Brady, but Theresa is a bit worked up, wants to get out of there.
Meanwhile Marlena & Eric are trying to find Brady, have talked over what happened, how John figured Theresa was the lesser of the two evils, the bigger threat being Kristen. Marlena wants to talk to Theresa, spots her getting into the elevator with Anne, rushes over but the girls quickly push the button to close the door. Marlena is not to be deterred, she & Eric go after Theresa.
The gals are running thru the park, breathless as they sit on a bench. Anne is non-stop talking, Theresa finally telling her to SHUT UP. Anne is insulted, been her friend, talked her out of so many pity parties, blah,. blah. Along comes Marlena & Eric, who really doesn't have much to say. Now Anne is in Marlena's face, lol, with marlena telling her to butt out. Anne is not to be stopped, though, and while Marlena tries to reason with Theresa, talking of how she whacked John which Theresa still denies, claiming John is confused still. Marlena assures her he is not confused, has perfect recall, even talks of Theresa going to jail. Oh, no, a jury would never convict her says Theresa, she mentions how Eric should understand about splicing recordings, look what she did to him. No, he says, the recording is true. Anne keeps interjecting, even Theresa tells her to stop, Marlena asking if ANYONE can just shut her up. LOL. Marlena & Eric leave, but not before Eric tells Theresa he is not mad at her, but very disappointed. They are alone, Anne warns Theresa that she has to realize, Brady is out of reach now, and there are other rich guys around. But Theresa has a secret, insists they go where they won't be interrupted.

Brady is at Kristen's, she is all sweetness, surprised to see him after their last conversation. He notes she was right, and the only person who had not lied to him. He is pretty calm, telling her how he went back to the hospital, overheard John telling Theresa he knew it was her who hit him, not Brady. Oh, this pleases Kristen no end, they can have a fresh start, a new beginning. She hugs him, is so happy and thankful for him to know she was telling the truth. He is listening quietly, even turns partially away from her, as she babbles about starting all over. He turns back......well, sounds good, except for one small problem. I saw you having sex with my best friend. Oooh, Kristen's face changes, and Brady goes on a real rant, at how she has done it over and over, just to hurt him. He talks of her trying to seduce John, then raping his brother, constantly targeting his family, just to hurt him. She is denying trying to explain that nothing happened, but he saw her! She tells of them stopping, that both were upset, Daniel just had big fight with jennifer and he had told Kristen he wanted nothing to do with her. Brady is disbelieving, but tells her that even if it is true, she got into Daniel's bed. Why? She talks of them comforting each other, Brady isn't having any of it. He never wants to see her again, storms out. She is tearful, throwing things around the room, smashing a vase She decides she needs to get out, grabs her purse, leaves.

Eve is visiting her Dr. Chung, all rarin' to go for her surgery tomorrow, and excited she can get back to her singing career. But Dr. Chung has to talk to her about a roadblock.He has her pre-op results.

Kristen is sitting on a bench, crying a bit, hears voices, Anne & Theresa. She jumps up, goes behind some bushes, out of the way. Anne tells Theresa "o.k., so tell me, what is your secret:"? And Theresa grins from ear to ear, as she announces "I'm pregnant...with Brady's child".

I need a moment alone with Brady -

What does he care who Kristen sleeps with, even if it's filthy Doc, if he'd had no intentions of reconciling with her. He is forever painting himself as the victim. He and Kristen are actually perfect for each other.

And just how many people in this town consider this man to be their bestie. Eric asked him to be his best man, JJ confides to him his darkest secrets, and now Brady is horrified because his bestie isn't above almost having sex with his ex. I'm so glad Lucas couldn't give a flying tomato about Daniel Jonas. (Even when he isn't on he gets on my nerves.)

I hope that Hope investigates the Aiden-Bree connection.

I was disappointed that JJ appears to be going down the alcohol path after working so hard to turn everything around. It's realistic, especially given the stress he's under, but meh. I was kind of hoping Daniel would come home and catch him with that beer before this goes any further. What Eric said to Theresa about being disappointed, minus the last sentence about staying away from Brady and whatnot, would be an appropriate thing for Daniel to say to JJ (as would taking back the key until he proves himself again since he decided to drink Daniel's beer.) Anyway, is there a law in Salem that only one person can be sober at a time? Now Brady is finally on the wagon so JJ has to get off it again? :beat:

Actually, Kristen did say that to Brady, that he had said he wanted nothing more to do with her. But Brady was insistent that of all people, she goes to Daniel. anyone else would have been fine, but no, she picks his best friend for a shoulder to cry on. He thinks she did it purposely, she always has a plan, and this one was to stick the knife in his back (brady's)

Which further proves he's an idiot Poirot. In case Brady hasn't noticed, Kristen and Daniel have been attached at the hip since she got back in Salem but he hadn't accused her before now of trying to use Daniel in some revenge twist. His ego is bruised, that's all.

Oh, definitely. In fact......I forgot to add that he goes home, finds Marlena & Eric there, is grateful, and understands their concern for him. Promises he is not going to drink, do drugs, just wants to be alone.
He also told Kristen.....who is next now for you....Victor? LOL

What I don't get is why Brady assumes it was consensual anyway. I mean, we know it was (assuming there weren't any drugs on Kristen's lip gloss, of course), but given that Brady feels Daniel is his best friend and knows that Kristen raped Eric, why wouldn't he question whether what he saw was freely chosen by Daniel to begin with?

I don't like how Brady said this to Kristen: “You moved from my immediately family to my best friend.” because he makes it sound like it was all her fault. It takes two to tango, Brady. Daniel is just as responsible for what happened as Kristen is. Some best friend, huh? But I'll wait until I see him talk to Daniel about it. I'm interested in seeing how Daniel will explain himself...

Anyway, Marlena telling Anne to "SHUT. UP." was my favourite thing about today's episode.

Gosh, I'm glad JJ and Paige didn't arrive to Daniel's apartment earlier or they would have been the ones to catch Daniel and Kristen in the act. :sick: JJ drinking wouldn't bother me if not for his past drug use or this basically being used for a plot point. All it's going to do is further cement into Paige's head the drivel that Bev was feeding her earlier.

Can't wait for Kristen's head to explode at the news of Theresa's pregnancy. :rolleyes: Brady was actually considering taking Kristen back because she was telling him the truth about Theresa and John. Wonders never cease. This guy is a dolt of epic proportions. Only finding her in bed with Daniel changed his mind. I'm pretty sure that Kristen could come back to town every 6 months and Brady would take her back. End the nightmare already.

Why aren't people more upset at Theresa about what she did to John?!?!? I don't get this at all. Everyone is just letting Theresa talk her way out of things. Sure, she's trying to cover her own butt by saying John changed his story, doesn't really remember what happened, blah, blah, blah. But why isn't Marlena laying into her about it?! Why is Eric so cavalier about it? "I'm disappointed in you, Theresa" Disappointed?? How about disgusted, revolted, etc??

What I don't get is why Brady assumes it was consensual anyway. I mean, we know it was (assuming there weren't any drugs on Kristen's lip gloss, of course), but given that Brady feels Daniel is his best friend and knows that Kristen raped Eric, why wouldn't he question whether what he saw was freely chosen by Daniel to begin with?
You make a really good point. The only reason I can come up with is because Brady is an idiot.

JJ drinking wouldn't bother me if not for his past drug use or this basically being used for a plot point. All it's going to do is further cement into Paige's head the drivel that Bev was feeding her earlier.

That's why it bothers me too. Plenty of 19-year-olds drink and it's no big deal, but the combination of JJ being depressed, Rory pressuring him to drink, his deciding he needs to borrow another beer as soon as he gets to Daniel's because he's nervous and Paige having jumping-to-conclusionitis is a terrible one.

Why aren't people more upset at Theresa about what she did to John?!?!? I don't get this at all. Everyone is just letting Theresa talk her way out of things. Sure, she's trying to cover her own butt by saying John changed his story, doesn't really remember what happened, blah, blah, blah. But why isn't Marlena laying into her about it?! Why is Eric so cavalier about it? "I'm disappointed in you, Theresa" Disappointed?? How about disgusted, revolted, etc??

I love this Sparks! They'd all but given up on John. He was literally knocking on death's door. Brady's dad, Marlena's love, Eric's step-dad, ALMOST DIED and they're brushing it off as if Theresa stepped on his feet and scuffed his good shoes. She walked around for months referring to him as a vegetable, giddy over the fact that he wouldn't recover. Her actions after hitting John are why I will never sympathize with this character. The woman should be sharing her baby news with Anne from behind the bars of a jail cell.

I agree. And you know what else? Not only is Theresa responsible for almost killing John (which in Eric's eyes appears to be more forgiveable than Nicole shredding the papers he claimed not to care about), but she also was indirectly responsible for Eric's choice not to testify against Kristen.

I don't understand why Theresa isn't in jail yet either, nor why Anne has not been, at the very least, called on the carpet at the hospital for helping Theresa cover up this crime.

I am betting Marlena would probably do so, but Anne repeatedly stated she was not an accomplice to anything. She is a friend, tho she used a lot more words. LOL

Back