Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 3, 2014

Interesting that Aiden's dead wife's name is Meredith, the same name as Emily Hudson's (Rafe's dead fiancee) nutburger sister.

Agreed ... too much to hope this is more than a coincidence? LOL

Loved the Kayla scenes today, and the discussion of Salem history - but WOW how much more stupid and boring can Paige & JJ become? I shudder to think of it...!

Anne was in top form, I love her dialogue. She, Nicole, and Victor need to have a snark-off (future fantasy episode?).

What does he care who Kristen sleeps with, even if it's filthy Doc, if he'd had no intentions of reconciling with her. He is forever painting himself as the victim....
I had the same thought. I mean, would he have CONSIDERED getting back with her if "ALL" she had done was rape his brother? *vomit*

That's why it bothers me too. Plenty of 19-year-olds drink and it's no big deal, but the combination of JJ being depressed, Rory pressuring him to drink, his deciding he needs to borrow another beer as soon as he gets to Daniel's because he's nervous and Paige having jumping-to-conclusionitis is a terrible one.
Just another terrible car in the trainload...LOL.

I'm on Anne's side in this one - she had no factual knowledge beyond Jeannie T's confession to her (which directly contradicts the victim's statement). She has in no way furthered Jeannie T's attempts to cover up the crime (via tampering of evidence, etc). And she gets such great dialogue - "Two weeks ago the man had the IQ of a salad bar," LOL. Marlena wouldn't really have a leg to stand on (at least in the real world, where Salem is not located, LOL).

Speaking of stupid plot devices - let's go somewhere private, like this slightly-more-bushy clearing. DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB.

Why aren't people more upset at Theresa about what she did to John?!?!? I don't get this at all. Everyone is just letting Theresa talk her way out of things. Sure, she's trying to cover her own butt by saying John changed his story, doesn't really remember what happened, blah, blah, blah. But why isn't Marlena laying into her about it?! Why is Eric so cavalier about it? "I'm disappointed in you, Theresa" Disappointed?? How about disgusted, revolted, etc??
Apparently nearly killing John isn't as bad as Nicole shredding the papers, since everyone is still treating Nicole like dog poo. :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly, Cryin. Even the last time Kristen was in Salem, she and Daniel talked often. This isn't new news.

He's probably going off the assumption that Kristen wouldn't use her failed drug/rape plan again, since it was exposed and she lost Brady. Also, he's seen her and Daniel interacting, hasn't he? Given what a tramp Daniel is and how Kristen keeps going after people he's close to (as he said today), he probably put two and two together--which is surprising for Brady. I'm just glad they didn't go the rape route and have Daniel be her next victim. Enough of the rape stories--tragic and sad, and not necessary all the time, especially given the recent ones we've had.

JS, it would be interesting if the Meredith from Aiden's marriage was also Rafe's dead's fiancee's sister. But Rafe and Aiden, I don't think they interacted. And knowing these writers, they probably just forgot about Rafe's past and used this name thinking nobody on the show ever had that name.

Some great lines today: "Who's next, Victor?" by Brady. And Anne: "John's IQ two weeks ago was equal to a salad bar!":rotfl::rotfl: She made a similar joke about Abigail a few months ago.

I just finished watching the show. Very good acting. Kristen was right in saying that Brady shouldn't care if she was moving on, since he rejected her. But, I loved seeing Brady ambush her with that Daniel stuff. I will say that I'm also disappointed that Marlena isn't seeming all that *bleep* at Theresa, and that it's easier for Eric to forgive Theresa for almost killing his stepdad and blaming his stepbrother for that, than it is for him to forgive Nicole for shredding some paper...stupid. I think Eric needs to leave. And can he take Paige with him? She was beyond annoying today, so much so that I was rooting for Bev and actually kind of hoping he would end up making love with Bev or one of the girls at the party so as to destroy that farce of a relationship he was with Miss Boring. And while JJ drinking Daniel's beer isn't a good thing to do, I think Paige was being too judgmental. Sure it's wrong; that said, why can't she ever stop acting like a 70 year-old woman (actually, I'm sure many 70 year olds would be far less uptight as Paige!)? Rory was right on when he said "Is she going to meet you at the library?"

The Hope-Aiden and Eve-Kayla stuff was filler, even though it was nice to see all of them. OK, all of them but Eve. And the scenes with Anne was hilarious!

Speaking of stupid plot devices - let's go somewhere private, like this slightly-more-bushy clearing. DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB.
I know! It's like a hidden testament to Theresa's stupidity. "We have to go some place where we can't be interrupted again.. so.. let's move about three blocks to the left." :rotfl:

The look on Kristen's face at the end made me laugh really hard. She just looks like a total maniac, especially with her hair going crazy. Maybe she's born with it, Maybe it's Maybelline...
Screen_Shot_2014_11_03_at_23_24_45.png

I'm starting to think that Paige is less intelligent then a container holding minerals (yes that 's a slightly more sophisticated way of saying she's dumber then a box of rocks). First she takes the word of Jill who is a complete stranger over the word of J.J. the guy she's supposedly madly in love with and she does the same thing with Bev.

Correct me if I'm wrong because happened just before I started watching (but I heard it talked about) but didn't Bev arrange for Paige to see a test showing Bev had contracted an STD to make it look like she got it from J.J? So you would think she would know anything Bev would have to say on the topic of J.J. would be highly suspect at best.

At least you would think that but this is Paige we're talking about. To be fair I can see how walking in on J.J. drinking a beer wouldn't help his case. But I'm starting to suspect that a lot of her "attraction" to J.J is because she has Marybeth and Eve constantly drilling how worthless J.J. is into her. Other then that she seems all to willing to believe the worst of him.

I'm not happy with how this Brady/Theresa/John/Kristen thing is shaping up but I did find the scenes with Marlena, Theresa and Anne were priceless. From Marlena's plea: "Oh my God is there no way to make this woman STOP TALKING" to this little gem:

Marlena *I"m paraphrasing*: Theresa I don't know if you're going to jail but it's over between you and Brady.

Anne: That remains to be seen.

Theresa: Will you let me speak for myself?

Anne: Fine

Theresa *to Marlena*:That remains to be seen.

I got a good chuckle out of that.

Paige is smart...book smart. But she is definitely common sense dumb.

@Troy.......what Bev did was to make sure Paige saw the STD test results.....that she did NOT have an STD, but she insinuated to Paige she had it done because JJ was such a player in London, and one has to be careful. :rolleyes:

But I'm starting to suspect that a lot of her "attraction" to J.J is because she has Marybeth and Eve constantly drilling how worthless J.J. is into her. Other then that she seems all to willing to believe the worst of him.
Sadly, this is the only thing the writers know how to do to "endear" couples to us.

This show has great dialogue writers that really make gold out of the...less than stellar raw materials. :)

Forgot to mention: Didn't like Hope looking fitfully over at Aiden & Bree, nor the way Paige reacted to JJ hanging out with other girls. Dumb, repetitive, unrealistic writing.

Anne was my favorite today with all the good lines about John's IQ and "are we still
in Salem" walking in the woods. Anne also said "Danny and Jenny"

Theresa's going to upset when she finds out she didn't go further since
Kristen is there listening.

Speaking of woods, doesn't anyone think it's strange the kegger party in the
woods is in the daytime? So far, the Salem PD hasn't found it like the last one.

I thought it was interesting Paige didn't believe Bev with the picture until
she found JJ drinking a beer in Daniel's apartment. Time to take JJ's key away.

It was nice to hear Kayla referring to Frankie as her brother (when she was talking to Eve). Seems like the writers usually forget that Frankie and Max were legally adopted by Pop Shawn and Caroline back in the 80's.

I think the last time any of the Brady siblings mentioned Frankie and Max was when Caroline was first diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Kayla and Roman were talking and one or the other mentioned calling Frankie and Max to fill them in on the situation.

Kayla looked all kinds of fabulous in this episode! She needs to have a storyline--I wish they'd bring Steve back.

It was really odd hearing Eve say "Daddy and Kimberly"

Since when did Eric become Marlena's bodyguard? Because all he did in those scenes searching for Brady was stand there silently. :rolleyes:

I'm obviously a little behind but:

I agree that the exchange between Marlena, Theresa, and Anne was funny - especially the "That remains to be seen." "Let me speak for myself. That remains to be seen." Ha!

The looks between Brady and Marlena at the Kiriakis mansion were funny, too. They sort of cut away from Brady right as his eyes got huge, and they cut to Marlena just after she began her reaction to him. I would have liked to have seen slightly different camera placement there to capture all of those looks, but it was still enjoyable.

And this is rather silly, but I guess it's kind of funny to see real life issues pop up as folks are filming a story. We probably don't notice most of them, because we'd never know if someone flubbed a line, or walked to the wrong spot. But when Anne and Theresa ran to the bench after the elevator incident, and Anne sat down beside of Theresa, her dressed got all messed up. It was kind of funny to see the actress struggle with it, and impressive that, with ALL THAT TALKING (LOL!), she was still able to complete the scene in spite of the dress! You can see it here, if you are interested, at around the 2:00 mark:

Back