Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 1, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, October 1, 2018

Most of show pre-empted for presidential news conference, last 15 minutes only. John & Hattie are arguing big time, he says there will be no consummation of this marriage, it is fake. Hattie says she was only joking, but the marriage is legal, despite John saying it is a sham. The mayor left to file the paperwork, with MY name, Hattie Adams on it. John warns her to behave, (she makes some comment to the effect that all of this (designating her body) belongs to Roman Brady!). She is admiring her “rock”, John says he will leave her to that and go check on Mrlena. Hattie now says she knows he has had someone keeping an eye on Marlena, but wants him to know, since they are married with no secrets, that Kristen was here. John is alarmed, wants details, Hattie finally just spits out Kristen was looking for Marlena, has a gun.

Hope and Rafe are talking over her decision to keep Ben locked up, despite the evidence being false. She knows he is guilty. Rafe thinks she is opening herself up to a lawsuit, and possible loss of her job. He figures they can prove Ben’s guilt some other way, and if it was him, he would let Ben go, continue to work on the case. Later, she has done just that.

At the loft, Tripp & Ciara are both in bed, evidently in afterglow, both feeling safe & happy. He says he loves her, she loves him, too. Kiss. Later, in kitchen, she has made some sort of pie (quiche?), he is only wearing shorts, she is evidently wearing what appears to be his white shirt. He tastes, approves, yum, tis good. Kiss……..and in walks Ben. Cue surprised looks on Ciara & Tripp’s face.

Sami gets up from sofa, tells Stefan he can think about her generous offer, starts to leave, warns him she is never giving up on this.

Kristen is pointing gun at Kayla, who is standing next to Marlena, still hooked up to machines, looking scared. Roman is behind Kristen, half hidden by the door. Kayla wants to say goodbye to Marlena, Kristen gives her 30 seconds. Kayla turns, tells Marlena all will be o.k., she is promising her that, Roman rushes in, grabs Kristen hand with gun. Struggle, they go down, a yell, a shot…Marlena looks shocked…..The end.

Thanks for what you got of the summary. I haven't watched but it appears my recorder got the entire episode or at least the beginning. Comes on at 12:30 here.

I'm still :rolleyes: that Abe wouldn't notice Hattie's name on the marriage license.

Maybe Stefan didn't know, without Sami telling him, but for most of us it goes without saying that she will never give up on finding the love of her life. (I didn't see that "beating the dead horse" thing to use at this point).

I can't decide if I want Marlena shot again (just because it would be interesting to be shot in a hospital bed while recovering from a gunshot wound) or what. I haven't added the show back to my DVR yet (had to take it off during my trip or the memory would collapse) so I can't add anything.
If this happened, it might just be a new low for University Hospital, especially since the Doc was supposed to have been taken off her life support some time ago. As for other characters:

Hattie: She's living in dreamland. Because her marriage to John was coerced, it can be annulled in a Salem second paperwork or no paperwork.

Kristen: When will Kristen ever learn? Long-winded Salem baddies who just have to make speeches before carrying out their plans usually come to grief.

Hope So she originally didn't want to free Ben? Somewhere archfelon Bo Brady must have been smiling and saying: "Way to go Fancyface, we don't need no stinkin' due process."

Roman; He seemed a trifle slow in taking action against Kristen when she seemed about to shoot both Kayla and Marlena. Doesn't he know that he who hesitates is lost?

Stefan Zero: This guy must be some kind of masochist. He could save himself a lot of grief if he'd just tell screechy Sami that EJ is somewhere, anywhere, and then get some blessed peace as she rushes off in search of her rapist lover.

Last edited:
Methinks Stefan likes to pretend to have a hold, an Ace in the hole, etc. I mean, he would not tell Sami whatever, but if she gets hold of Kristen, say perhaps drugs her, hypnotizes her, yada yada, Kristen would spill whatever, and his so called Ace is no more.

How did Hattie get a marriage license with her name and John's name on it? Doesn't he have to be there too? And certainly Abe will look at what he's handing over!!!

@Mtnmom That's exactly what I think too!!!

I like Rafe with Hope - well you're the commish so it's up to you but . . .(I think you're an idiot if you keep Ben locked up). And she is something. On what grounds is she keeping him locked up. It's seeming like she didn't plant the evidence but god I wish she did!!

I hope Marlena didn't get shot again. But it's crazy that she seriously seems like she is going to be just fine. From death door to just fine in the blink of an eye.

Thanks, Poirot.

Hattie had Abe sign the marriage license and her hand over her name. I hope
Abe takes the license out of the envelope when he gets to the court house and
sees Hattie's name.

Hattie had Belle take a picture when she kissed John. What a kiss it was. Belle
and Abe were embarrassed. I'm embarrassed neither one can figure out
it's not Marlena.

Tripp and Ciara had a long talk before they "made love". I still call it having
sex. They did tell each other at the end they loved each other.

I was surprised Ciara didn't burn the quiche and it didn't taste bad because
Tripp liked it.

Did Tripp put the evidence in the cabin to put Ben away since Ciara might
have feelings for Ben?

I think Rafe finally found some hair dye. It didn't look as grey as it did a couple
of weeks ago.

Was Roman able to save Marlena and Kayla since he and Kristen fell with
the gun?

Thanks for the write-ups as I watched my Cubs lose to the Brewers. Do not like hearing Tripp put the fingerprint on the can. The bunch that couldn't tell Hattie from Marlena better have their heads examined!

I found this show ludicrous in regard to all things Marlena. Hattie is annoying and needs to shut up. Marlena wakes up but the struggle for the gun was ridiculous. This incarnation of Kristen sounds more like Susan. Her speech is like Susan's but toned down. The original Kristen was more sultry.

Ciara, Tripp and Ben. Ummm snooze city.

I agree, I'm over the Hattie nonsense. I know the writers are trying to inject some humor into the show, but Hattie is just not entertaining to me. She's way too hammy and over the top.

I know that Eric was upset with Jennifer, but the way he treated her was pretty shabby, in my opinion.

edited to write out text speak - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Eric for you though!! When he's angry he lashes out and becomes more like his sister in that it is all about him. He'd do well to start remembering all of the forgiveness he has been shown for killing Daniel! People make mistakes, right Eric?!?!

Deidre Hall is having a lot of fun playing Hattie, so she says, but I do agree that Marlena's daughters & friends should note something odd. She is saying some outlandish unMarlena things to them all, which, of course, Marlena would never say. If they attribute it to the coma & meds, then perhaps they should have considered she was not really in any condition to say I do.......

Back