Days of Our Lives - Mon. Oct. 15, 2012

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, October 15, 2012

Rather slow moving show today, as Nicole continues to mourn the loss of her baby. Daniel comes to see her, consoles her, asks what happened, Nicole repeats her version of the events leading to her fall down the stairs, again blaming Jennifer for pushing her down the stairs. She thinks Daniel doesn't believe her, but he assures her he has talked to others who say the same thing she does. He leaves her to get some rest, and calls Rafe to comes to the hospital.

Billie comes up behind Daniel, asking about Nicole. He notes she is taking this all very hard, then asks Billie what happened, since she was there. Billie doesn't want to, but Dan is insistent, and she tells of hearing Jen & Nicole argue, and seeing Nicole tumble down the stairs.

Rafe & Sami are going hot & heavy on the sofa, she's unbuttoning his shirt, he is unzipping her dress. They stop a bit, so Sami can tell Rafe that in spite of all that happened, all she did, she never stopped loving him...not for one minute. He tells her it took a while for him to get over being so mad, and some other stuff happened, but in spite of it all, he never stopped loving her, not for a single minute. Cue them to start hot & heavy again, only to have the phone ring with Daniel on the other end, urging Rafe to come to the hospital, he is there with Nicole. Rafe leaves.

EJ sits somewhere at his desk, in the dark, getting drunk, toasting his father who made him what he is; love, tho Samanther might say something about that; and then misery, which makes him smirk.
After Rafe leaves his apartment, Sami is trying to get her dress zipped up, and telling herself she has to be there at the hospital for Rafe. She grabs her keys and opens the door, to find a drunken EJ there, ready to knock. She wants him to leave, but he ducks under her arm, wanting to have a talk with Rafael. When he realizes Rafe is not there, he begins taunting Sami about failing to keep Rafe interested, can't even finish their lst date. Sami keeps telling him to leave, he blabs on, she is going to call her dad, Uncle Bo, the police, and is dialing her cell, as EJ notes the caller ID on Rafe's phone and it was from the hospital. He walks out, smirking as he enters the elevator, smiling as he notes the baby is coming.

Jennifer is pacing in her cell, as Hope brings a puzzled Abby in, who wants to know what happened. Jen hesitantly tells her daughter that Nicole's baby is dead, and it is her fault. She explains, giving her version, running over in her mind the events, talking of pulling her arm away, but then Nicole was at the bottom of the stairs, it was all so fast, but she just would not do that, as angry as she was. Hope suggests they contact Justin, who will arrange for a bail hearing right away, and they leave.

Stefano sits with Kristen, pleading with her to come help heal his family, bring them back together. He claims everything he has done all his life has been for the family, for the children...(guess that includes imprisoning and torturing John, drugging Marlena into his "queen of the night", brainwashing Hope into becoming Princess Gina, ah, yes, Stefano, all for your family. Ha.). Kristen is refusing, but finally relents, since it means so much to him, and agrees to come to Salem. A delighted Stefano has taken the liberty of having "this" made up for her, handing her a passport. (Am assuming it is fake). She notes he thought of everything.

John & Marlena are ready to leave Common Grounds when Will & Sonny come in. Greetings all around, John is staring at Sonny, asking Marlena if...when she said Will was seeing someone, is this who she meant. Marlena says yes, everyone is looking uncomfortable, when John breaks out in a big grin, telling Sonny that he could do better than this big lug, wrapping his arm around Will's neck. Everyone laughs at the joke, all 4 sit having coffee, talking of going to Chicago to take in a Bears' game. Marlena & Will go for more coffee, John compliments Sonny on the business, which seems to be doing well. Sonny says he keeps looking for new ways to improve it, is thinking of having a speaker come in occasionally, telling stories of their life, etc. John thinks it a good idea, until Sonny wants him to be lst guest. Nope, no way, John is a man of few words. Sonny goes on, thinking it would all be interesting, they know some of story, but the hows and whys.Like when he went after Stefano while married to his daughter. No, no no. John refuses. Later, he & Marlena leave, with her asking what he & Sonny were talking so intensely about. John only says it was about some of Sonny's ideas for the place.

Hope tries to soothe Abby, who is very upset. Her father is dead, her mother may go to prison, things just cannot get any worse.

Sami calls Rafe, all bubbly, leaving a message, saying she called the nurses' station, but they have not seen him, so guess he is still there at the hospital. Please call and let her know how it all went.

Rafe arrives, Daniel fills him in, Rafe goes to see Nicole, who is sleeping, but wakes up. He holds and comforts her, is sorry, etc. He then says they have to talk...about him being the father of the baby. Nicole thanks him, but they both realize what EJ would do if the truth came out, so they will have to continue with the charade. They cannot let EJ know that Rafe is not the father of the baby. And outside the door, which was left ajar, stands EJ, drinking it all in.

Daniel goes to see Jennifer, telling her he just left Nicole. He wants to know what happened, has heard other people, but now wants to hear from her. Jen is rather questioning, but again claims she just wanted to get away from Nicole, just would never push her. Daniel says he believes her. Why, asks Jen. Because you never lie, replies Daniel.

Heart break all around. I writers have done a terrific job in having Nicole be so despondent about the loss of the baby while retaining the where with all to maintain the idea Jenn pushed her. Then Jennifer sits (or better yet paces) in jail unsure of what happened until Daniel arrives and then she just knows should couldn't have done it (which has not been that obvious with the vicious fights Nikki and Jenn have been in lately). And so does he, because she never lies (that would be almost never lies). It's going to be interesting how Daniel reconciles his belief in Jenn and his devotion to Nicole.

Nope. Nicole deserved her miracle baby. If Sami can have 4 freaking kids then Nicole can have her one miracle child! Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!! There was NO excuse for them to kill this baby. I have not liked how Nicole has been acting lately but I would never say that she deserved to lose her baby.

OH ya...that baby deserves a mother who is going to let an innocent woman be sent to prison for the death of a baby that was already dead. Ya....she would make a great mother!!!

rascals43mom....I guess the same old argument can be used for EJ and Sami...why should they have beautiful children after all the things they have done equally as horrible (if not more so) as what Nicole has done. As a fan from the beginning of Days and fan of General Hospital and Love is A Many Spendor Thing it has always been the abuse, kidnapping, death etc. of children or unborn children that goes to the bone of my being when writers choose these story lines. Personally I think Nicole would make a wonderful mother, now the other things that go on with this character that's a whole other story.

EJ all alone? YAY! Now someone give him the gun Sami threw in the river, so he can finish what he started!!
Jen/Dan/Nicole - again, this would be so much better if she'd actually lost the baby in the accident. Now we're just watching her build a paper house on a volcano.
John/Marlena and Sonny/Will - hahahahaha. Not.
I think Justin purposefully set up Carrie to look bad so he could be the only lawyer in town. Suddenly he's busier than all get out with EJ, Gabi, Jennifer. LOL
Rafe/Sami-wow Sami's dress really was terrible.
Still wondering what Kristen's been up to, and how she escaped the harem. And Stefano's buttering up has not gotten any better.
Crazy idea: Maybe the guest star doctor was a DiMera plant, and she has enacted a nefarious plot to get the baby away from Nicole? Less plausible things have certainly happened.
Good to see Billie again. Good to see Dan in scenes not involving his smarming or macking on a female.
"What would happen if we were all happy at the same time?" Your show would be cancelled.
WHO told Sonny about Kristen? I call foul. Wouldn't it have been more interesting to have him talk about rebuilding Basic Black, or the pension funds case?
Nicole's pain is real. But it will all be negated when the truth comes out.
Drunk EJ, please DO wrap your car around a tree. I won't feel bad when you find out about the baby. Not for you you smug scumbag.
I hope Abby's going somewhere or doing something. It seems her only purpose is to lament her parents' situation - don't get me wrong, I love the 40+ getting story...but Kate Mansi can act, and she's being underutilised.
Lots of name drops for Parker - I don't like it. Keep Dr Jonas away from any more kids, please.
Jen is finally back to her old self - I love it. Melissa Reeves is doing a great job. BUT I still hate this storyline as it's playing out.
Exactly what was Stefano's winning argument to get Kristen to come back? You're no longer needed in Genoa City? I'm baffled.
Here's what I'd love - even though I hate the DiMera scifi shenanigans, I wouldn't mind if Kristen and John's miscarried baby were somehow resurrected by Stefano - that could cause a lot of natural drama (finding their child conceived out of their love, trying to raise him, etc) and would avoid the (what I fear we'll see) unnecessary threesome of Marlena/John/Kristen.
Daniel believes Jen - how sweet.
So EJ overhears the truth. Am I supposed to feel victorious for him? I still want him to shoot himself.

Back