Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 17, 2016

I'm hoping (and I'm sure Heather is, too) that it will be revealed that Xander is really Deimos's son and this will help people forgive him for letting him live. I'm also totally OK with him not icing Xander because Xander has not yet done anything that is so bad he couldn't be redeemed (at least not on Days).

Yup my thoughts exactly and as I watched the scenes with Deimos and Xander, that is the first thing that popped in my head. I hope Deimos is protecting him because he is really his son. It never made any sense to me that Victor would have 2 bad seed brothers. Make Titus end up being Deimos somehow. That said, I was so happy to see Deimos hasn't changed completely! Hopefully this will lead to Nicole leaving him down the line. Shall we take wagers now on how long it takes Xander to return?

I normally HATE it when they redress sets but I thought using the Pier set for Pier 9 and Pier 17 today was very clever and a great way to work with a small budget.

Jeannie T looked extremely out of place in the KMansion scenes. And don't get me started on John getting along with her as if nothing happened. Please end this farce of a relationship and send Brady back to his parents for a while.

John's hair: NOPE

Jennifer's hair: NOPE
Nice to see Claire's grandmothers showing much concern for her in the aftermath of her kidnapping.:sarcasm:

Hope's problems as always are more important than everybody else's. I liked that she showed concern for Abby but no mention of Jen's drug problem. And she didn't even bother to ask Marlena how she was doing. And it's laughable that she doesn't want to go jail on account of Ciara yet she never spends time with either one of her kids or her grandkid. How does Jennifer know that Hope loves Rafe or vice versa if they haven't shared scenes in months?

I enjoyed the Gabi and Chad scenes very much. I thought the dialogue was well written and realistic. I wasn't aware of Gabi having a rough childhood but that's for another day. In any event, they need to stay friends. Lots of anvils dropping today about JJ. I hope that if something happens to him, it brings him and Gabi closer.

I need a GIF of the 3 ladies staring at John while he was on the phone at the end.

Poor Roman, he didn't catch his man.
That's not surprising since he doesn't seem to be able to catch a woman either.

You do have to wonder how the bomb got there with everyone in the pub lately.
Orpheus slipped Ex-Lax into Caroline's vat of chowder and.....the rest is history.

That thug was waiting for John to arrive. The bomb had already been planted.....and being it was attached to the underside of the table, .......just seems it would be hard to do with so many people coming in and out. The tables are wooden, so definitely cannot be easily attached via a magnet. The guy would have had to be on the floor under the table to do that. Just very odd.

Then again, perhaps the bomb was placed when all the other bombs were placed, but they were set to explode around the same time, but the Pub one was not set, but could be activated later on????

I enjoyed today. While this confirms my belief that Deimos is a dodgy so-and-so, I'm happy that Xander isn't dead, because he's hot, I mean, he's a good character. Clyde can go forever but I've always said that I'm happy to have Xander back for periodic reigns of terror to keep things interesting.

And as much as Deimos annoys me, he's clearly being set up to be 1980's Victor so that John Aniston can start to retire. Which is fair enough, if that's what he wants. Now they just need to organise a new Brady to take over the pub and fill the matriarch role there. But since this show can't even get Julie to be Horton matriarch semi-consistently I don't know how they are going to achieve that.

I'm ok with Chad and Gabi. It didn't read to me as straight up romance, more like friends who could be more, if the stars were aligned. It was a cute scene when they were all snoozing in the lounge.

Back