Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 28, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, October 28, 2019

Guess Salem is back in their dome, as despite it being end of October, they do not need jacket, coats, etc. John & Marlena sit on a park bench, he has to answer an e-mail, Marlena notes a discarded cigarette on the ground, gets up, remarking how not only a bad habit, is disgusting to dispose of this way. Wonders who did it, Haley comes along, says it was Ciara's mother. But she doesn't smoke. Yada, yada. Haley leaves, John & Marlena talk of Hope, maybe Haley mistaken. They are hungry, figure to go to Pub to eat.

Ciara is feeling much better, is actually very hungry, decide to go to Pub. And they all meet there, talk again of Hope, and Ciara noting her mom has been so tired, so much going on, weighing on her, etc. But her mom doesn't smoke, but Marlena notes how adamant Haley was that it was her. Marlena wishes Hope had come to her if she was feeling overwhelmed.

A good portion of the show has Gabi with her phone, threatening Lani with how she can cause problems for Julie. Same conversation is over and over again. Julie's heart is racing, Eli calls for help, Haley comes in, Eli leaves room, fills in Gabi & Lani, and more of the same. Gabi with her innuendo remarks, Lani just staring. Gabi stops the attack, Eli has gone back in, all is o.k. Now, medics say pacemaker working fine. Julie wants to see her. Gabi goes in, Julie apologizes for her past behavior towards Gabi, thanks her profusely, etc. etc. Gabi leaves, threatens Lani some more, who doesn't know what she could possibly tell Eli as to why she would not marry. Gabi not worried, that is Lani's problem. You took my husband, I am taking yours.

Replay of Rafe collapsing, Jordan getting frantic, she sees the cupcake wrapper, flashes back to poisoning the one cupcake, cannot believe that maybe Rafe got it instead. She has called 911, JJ is one of the EMTs to come. She suggests must have been something he ate, and believe it or not, they appear to be outside, Rafe on gurney, comes to, what happened, JJ says we pumped your stomach, Jordan tries deflecting going to hospital, JJ insists. Rafe tells her to stay with David, he will be o.k. Rafe is in a bed there, talking to JJ, Jordan rushing in, Rafe is o.k., she wants to take him home, trying to avoid him having any testing. But they already took the blood. Eventually, Haley comes in, has his test results, doctor will be in to talk to you. But...you were poisoned.

Ciara & Ben are back home, ready to get hot and heavy, kissing, but Ben has to go make security rounds. No, doesn't need his coat, will make it quick. He goes out, Ciara picks up something on floor, fell from his coat. The vial of poison.

Hope is all Princess Gina, asking how Stefano's portrait got there. Rolf says he arranged it. She goes on about ruling Salem with Stefano, but Rolf tells of Stefano disappearing, no longer around. Which is fine, because she wants to rule Salem alone. Except John, she has missed him. Rolf says he is there in Salem, but is married to Marlena. Princess Gina frowns, cannot believe she is still around. She decides she wants chocolates, Belgian kind. And some tea. Rolf goes to get it. She ponders about John, intends to get Marlena out of the way.

Over at John & Marlena's apt., they are sitting on sofa, yes, tray of strawberries & whipped cream, having a love fest. As they kiss, he leans her down on the sofa. Over at Gina's, Rolf returns, the Princess is gone. And outside John & Marlena's door stands the Princess, first adjusting her tiara, then about to knock.

I have to say I don't need a jacket or coat today. It is 62 in NW Indiana. Of course it might snow tomorrow! Sadly that is in the forecast!

I thought it was weird that John said "I've never seen Hope wear that shade of lipstick". Really? He pays that much attention to her lipstick? It's not like it was blue or something crazy. So far not crazy about this Princess Gina garbage. I was glad when she said no she doesn't want Stefano. I'm getting worried they are going to recast. While having Stefano back would be cool, I really liked Joe Mascolo and don't want to see anyone else playing his role.

Gabi is just pure evil now!! I am not liking that.

Stupid Jordan. First thing she says is maybe Rafe was poisoned? And when the doctors find out that indeed he was, won't that throw suspicion right at her? I know that's why she didn't want him to going to hospital, but still. Of course it is Salem doctors, they will probably miss it!!

Edited to add: Well obviously I posted before the episode was over.Wow, the doctors. did catch it! How is Jordan gonna explain that??!

LOL, but John remembered that Hope did not use that color lipstick......*(on the cig stub).
I know some are looking forward to the Gina story...whatever it is.....not me.
And Gabi's revenge is too ridiculous, and dragging to care about it.....yes, Camila Banus (Gabi) is doing a good job of conveying Gabi's wrath and revenge......just hate the repetition conversations with Lani. But mostly that Lani, a cop, has not done a thing. hasn't recorded the threats, arrested Gabi, confiscating her phone, told Eli in particular........just awful, in my opinion.

Stupid Jordan. First thing she says is maybe Rafe was poisoned? And when the doctors find out that indeed he was, won't that throw suspicion right at her? I know that's why she didn't want him to going to hospital, but still. Of course it is Salem doctors, they will probably miss it!!
She's stupid all right. Anywhere but Salem, Jordan would be on the fast track to a prison cell or Bayview.

Jordan isn't the only one who isn't thinking straight.

Lani: She continues to lead the league in cluelessness. Instead of arresting Gabi, she continues to reason with her and beg her play nice. (Would Bo Brady have ever asked Stefano to be a good boy?) And why isn't she tipping off Kayla about the lethal pacemaker?? A secret, midnight operation that implants a new, conventional pacemaker is all Julie needs to be free of psycho Gabi's threats, but apparently goat-phobic Lani can't figure that out.

Kayla: After Steve's misadventures with a Visionary Bionics eye, why would she choose one of its pacemakers for poor Julie? Its products should be permanently banned from University Hospital. As I said in a previous post, Julie would be better off with a pacemaker crafted by a Salem High science class.

Princess Gina: She may enjoy mocking Hope as her "dismal doppelganger" and "pale imitation," but if she ever acts on any of her batty plans, her royal highness (and Hope) may be taking up residence in Bayview where she can listen to crazy Claire's babble 24/7.

Finally, Ciara has come up with a new Pub ad campaign with her reference to going there for "serious chow." Roman could use this term when pushing a triple Brady Burger special, the bottomless chowder bowl, and the all-you-can-eat Wanchai Ferry taste sensation.

Jordan is going explain the poisoning by saying (where is JS??), "Ben did it!" since she planted the poison in his jacket. I am already seeing that I won't be watching much more - I can't deal with Princess Gina, Gabi is too far gone, I need Sarah to go away, and I just HATE that they are making John and Marlena the resident, "Let's talk about all the other people and stories we aren't in," couple. It is sad and disrespectful.

Edited to add- speculation only, but come on. . .do you think we will find out that Ciara is pregnant ...or will we see a surprise baby?

deleted spoiler info - P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh, LisaK, you can't stop watching, cuz if I can do it, and then write it up, you can. Hey, it's great to make fun of the stupid things characters do & say!
To tell the truth, I did not think much about Ciara's tummy problems..except as a red herring. But, yep, surprise pregnancies seem to be on sale in Salem now. Kristen, Sarah, Ciara, Gabi.........the next generation is popping up all over. (yes, I know, Gabi/Ciara strictly speculation)

This is not a spoiler thread so there should be no mention of future events in here

Gina's tiara is too small for her head and it was annoying me more than her inconsistent accent in each scene. I'm a long time royal watcher so I notice things like this lol.

Why was Ciara ill? Did she actually get physically ill? Is she pregnant? Heaven forbid someone has a simple case of the flu on this show.

I felt bad for Rafe. He looked like he was really in pain. Kudos to Galen Gering (Rafe). I hope he figures out the truth quickly.

Why is Gabi spending the entire episode threatening Lani when her brother was brought in as an emergency case??? Come on! As I said elsewhere, a Gabi/Lani rivalry was not on my 2019 Days wish list. What happens if Abby returns to Salem one day? Will there be rivalries with both women?

Eli played the role of naive cop today. Neither he nor Lani should be letting Gabi walk all over them.:rolleyes:

Marlena's jacket matched the Halloween decor. But why are Marlena and John being wasted on Haley, Ben and Ciara? They could have had a quick scene with Ciara and that's it.

I like how they redressed the old loft set into Gina's lair.

Yep, no spoilers in non-spoiler threads! And Heather, I confess....you and others notice things in background that I evidently don't pay attention to. Maybe because I have to write it up, maybe I just am not that observant. Kudos to everyone. Honestly, I do appreciate it.
Agree on John & Marlena.......hate how Ron has been using them, also how little. Guess he figures he gave them that wedding drama, so that was enough.
Gotta say, it shocked me that Gabi was right there in the hospital, with all the HIPAA violations, & just kept harping at Lani, faking niceness to Eli & Julie........and Rafe was brought in, put in a room, she had to see it, be aware! Heck, Haley knew Gabi was there.........tsk, tsk.

And Heather, I confess....you and others notice things in background that I evidently don't pay attention to. Maybe because I have to write it up, maybe I just am not that observant. Kudos to everyone. Honestly, I do appreciate it.

Post 8 on this page contains spoiler info

Well, every excuse I've made to keep liking Gabi and understanding her is out the window. Another character completely ruined by downright psychotic behavior. But, I will say, this plotline is better than Jordan's poison cupcakes. I don't understand Jordan's motivation for poisoning Ciara instead of trying to kill Ben. I don't get it.

I hate doppelganger storylines. The only ones who are fun are Susan Banks and Bonnie Lockhart (Adrienne's double).

and since we have no idea what you are referring to....will just accept the compliment

Thanks, @Poirot and as much as I do complain, I haven't stopped yet. But, I do count on your summaries to determine if I will watch that day. So far, I am already tired of Princess Gina and the pretend accent, and too small tiara. I do hope that tomorrow we will actually see John or Marlena open the door and see her, but I bet that Rolf will figure out where she is and grab her. I would actually like it (SPECULATION) if Gabi would find out that she is pregnant. That might calm her down, but since she hardly spends time with the child she already has, that's probably too much to ask.

Sorry about the spoiler earlier. I kind of thought that was common knowledge by now.

And, yes, @JasonDíSpeech, I do, too. I am not sure what the purpose would be, but since there are no coincidences with these writers, I would be shocked if it didn't happen.

Thanks, Poirot.

It's the same night from last Friday, but somehow it's now Halloween.

I thought it was interesting that Ciara and Rafe both said they didn't have anything
to eat besides the cupcake. I wondered if Ciara got slightly sick because the some
of her original cupcake was stuck to her stick with her name.

Will Princess Gina stop smoking because Rolf told her it was unhealthy?

I'm glad Marlena thinks the same way I do about smokers throwing their butts
on the ground. Nasty.

DrBakerFan, I wondered myself today how someone would think Julie's pacemaker would
be ok after what happened to Steve's eye. If his eye could be manipulated, why couldn't
someone do it do the pacemaker?

Haley told Rafe, JJ and Jordan that Rafe was poisoned. Shame on her.

It was interesting they put the blind down in Julie's room so we wouldn't notice
there wasn't a doctor on today's show.

Last edited:
I have probably said it before, but all the sci-fi stuff is what I can't stand. And I sure wish somebody would tell Gabi to put a sock in it. Please let Rafe do something beside babysit Jordan. He is still a cop, isn't he? Watching today, I felt like why am I wasting my time on this garbage.

Back