Days of Our Lives - Mon., Sept. 17, 2018

MPM

Reaction score
Hope is on the phone with Rafe and she realizes he took Sami to hospital to see Marlena. Hope has to sit down at the news that Marlena is being taken off the ventilator. She tells Rafe to tell John and Sami that she is praying Marlena.

Tripp tells Shawn about Hope finding new evidence and Ciara heading out try and see Ben. Shawn and Tripp go back and forth talking about how they want both girls to be safe. Shawn goes to see Hope. He’s happy that his mom found evidence against Ben. He’s not sure that will be enough to keep Ciara from Ben though.

Ciara visits Ben in the holding room at police station. He wants to know why she’s there. She says to see if it’s true. He begs her not to believe it. He tries to convince her that the lab made a mistake and that someone wants to make it look like he set the fire. Hope barges in and makes Ciara leave. Ben accuses Hope of planting evidence. Ciara then asks her mom how she found it and what made her go back. Hope tells her just to be sure arson investigators didn’t miss anything. Shawn steps in and defends his mom saying she’s doing her job.

Ben makes one more plea to Ciara. Hope does as well saying she respects the law. Ciara says she doesn’t know what to believe. After all the back and forth Ciara declares she doesn’t believe Ben and walks out. Then she faces her mother and tells her to look her in the eye and swear she didn’t plant evidence. Hope swears on her life.

Belle, Sami, Eric and John are gathered around Marlena. Eric says a prayer. Lots of tears. Eric holds his sisters, John gives Kayla the nod to turn off ventilator. They wait. Belle tells Marlena it’s ok to let go. Sami flips. She goes to Marlena and tells her to fight with everything she has. Belle makes a snarky remark to Sami and a verbal fight breaks out. Eric tries to make peace between the two and suddenly Marlena opens up her eyes and tells them all to “keep it down” with a frown on her face.

Claire comes home and sees Tripp. She tells him about Marlena. She thinks that by now her Grandma has passed and she misses her so much. They hug. He’s sorry. Claire speaks warmly about Marlena. She says she feels alone. Tripp says she’ll never be alone as long as he’s around. She asks, “Do you promise?” Tripp says, “Absolutely.” Tripp tells Claire Ben was arrested. Claire says Ciara was so sure Ben was innocent. Tripp says evidence doesn’t lie. Claire is surprised that Ciara still wants to defend him. She tells Tripp he deserves better than Ciara.

Back at the hospital John is beside himself saying “Doc, Doc” and she says “John”. Smiles all around. Kayla can’t explain it. She needs to examine her but says she has a strong pulse and breathing on her own. Marlena tells Kayla to wait – she wants to see her children first. They all crowd around her and Sami says “Mom, you’re going to be OK!” to which Marlena responds, “I am. No thanks to you.” Cue commercial. Sami tries to explain to her mom what happened. Marlena looks at John and says “get her out of here before she finishes me off.” Marlena motions with her hands to get Sami away. Eric says they’ll fix it. They make Sami leave the room for now. Marlena closes her eyes and says much better.

Sami tells Rafe that her mother hates her and that she thinks she tried to kill her. Sami tells Rafe and Eric that she deserves to be punished. She asks to go back to her cell. Eric tells her he loves her and he promises they will all get through this and the important thing is that their mom is alive.

Belle wants a minute with her mom. John tries to convince Belle to wait but Marlena says she is ok now that Sami is gone. John says you don’t mean that and Marlena says yes, I do. Belle tells her that she is one that took her off the ventilator. Marlena says “What?” Belle asks if she understands and Marlena says, “I understand you’re the person that tried to pull the plug on your mother!” Belle apologizes and says she thought she was doing the right thing. Marlena asks why she would think she would want to die. John has Belle go outside. He pulls up a chair and says “What the hell is a matter with you? Was that really necessary?” and Marlena smiles a HUGE smile.

Rafe brings Sami in to the police station and Hope coldly says take her to her cell. Rafe tells Hope it doesn’t have to be like this and Hope says they’ll talk later. Sami tells Hope to cut Rafe some slack and that her mother was dying. Rafe says there is a good news. Sami tells Hope that Marlena rallied. Hope then says it’s fantastic news and she’s happy for the whole family. Rafe takes her back to her cell.

Ben and Shawn are talking. Ben plants a seed of doubt in Shawn that his mother planted evidence.

Hope says Rafe broke protocol. Rafe says he’ll accept the consequences because he feels it was the right thing to do. Hope drops it and tells him about Ben/Ciara. She tells him that Ben tried to convince Ciara that she planted evidence. Rafe looks at her oddly and she says, you think I did.

Claire gets the news that Marlena is alive. In her joy, she kisses Tripp as Ciara walks in.

John tells Marlena the way she treated Belle and Sami was uncalled for. Marlena retorts that those two selfish cows deserve a good tongue lashing and that good looking Eric deserves one too, of a different kind. She goes saying that Eric’s almost as good looking as his daddy and asks if Roman is single? John says this isn’t what we agreed too. “Marlena” says too bad. Next time you want to save your Dr. Marlena Evans you call on someone else, don’t call on Hattie Adams!

END

Last edited:
Hattie: How did John get her out of prison so easily? Why ask why? This is Salem. And after she got done ripping Sami and Belle, she should have unloaded on Bad Twin Eric. This guy has been getting a free pass for his role in Marlena's shooting.

Ciara: She thinks that the Salem police lab doesn't make serious mistakes? She hasn't been paying attention. It couldn't tell the difference between tomato juice and human blood.

Ben: He asked today the same question viewers have been asking about Commissioner Hope: "What kind of cop are you?" Easy, she's the kind of cop who broke the law regularly with archfelon Bo Brady and then murdered Stefano and got away with it. If Ben knew about this, he'd be yelling even louder about being framed than he is now.

Hope: She has the nerve to say that she respects the law and follows protocol? This is rich. She really needs some sessions with a recovered Marlena about the perils of self-deception.

Claire: She may be right that Little Trippy deserves somebody better than Ciara, but that someone definitely isn't herself.

Oh, thank you, bless your heart MPM......
To me, it sounds like John put this all in motion the minute he heard about the DNR. Although Hattie can be a bit much, was actually glad she was able to mouth off to Sami & Belle the things many viewers were thinking/saying. Yes, everyone feels they were doing the right thing, but are they?
We will probably see John's plan developed via flashbacks...

P.S. Am guessing that some kind of deal was made with the warden, to even allow them to offer the deal to Hattie. Maybe they got Shane & ISA involved?? But obviously, John got everyone out of the way, so Roman & Kayla could take care of the switch. Am thinking there MIGHT be another couple medical people in on this........since Kayla cannot be sitting in her room constantly.
John just may regret choosing Hattie, as she doesn't follow orders very well, never has. So now, does he threaten her with "back to prison" or toe the line?

Well the show held out til the end to say that was Hattie and not Marlena but closed captioning ruins it from the start. I knew cause I read spoilers but still. Why does closed captioning do that? Was funny when she was giving it to Sami and Belle. John and Kayla tried so hard to get everyone out. They knew Hattie would do something crazy. Though I almost thought Belle was questioning it being Marlena. I hope Marlena isn't on the ventilator too much longer.

I am questioning if Ciara has really turned on Ben. Seemed pretty quick. And I don't care if your mother did look you in the eye and swear she didn't do it!! She did do it!! Maybe Ciara is trying to catch her in a lie? I can't wait until she is caught and I am glad that Shawn and Rafe are doubting her. It was laughable when she said she respects the law and doing things right. Ya know, like hiding Stefano's body after killing him!! I cannot wait til she gets hers!!!

Thanks MPM.

macgyverswife, you're right they shouldn't have had closed captioning show
"Hattie as
Marlena". They should have waited until the end when Hattie said her name.

It was nice to laugh watching the show today. Hattie is a hoot. It was funny when she talked
about giving Eric a tongue lashing, but not like the way she did his sisters. Then she asked
John if Roman was single.

How long will it take for Marlena's kids figure out it's not Marlena?

I kept watching Kayla. She kept her emotions in check and trying not to pay attention to Hattie.

Meanwhile, Ciara finds Claire kissing Tripp.

Both Shawn and Rafe have suspicions about Hope and the evidence again Ben. Rafe knows
Hope will do anything to protect Ciara.

MPM, thank you for filling in with the good summary. I read earlier, as usual, and didn't get to watch until later this evening.

Hattie telling off Sami and Belle made watching through this whole ordeal worthwhile. I thought they were going to have to knock Sami in the head to get her out of there. Belle has become even more unappealing to me than Sami, but then I haven't really cared for Belle since she got out of her teens. Another case of a character change when a new actor takes over a role. She has seemed snobbish and self-centered since then. She doesn't come across as a bulldozer like Sami does, but she's just as determined to have her way. I'm just now starting to realize how Claire comes by it naturally.

Speaking of Claire, they might as well go ahead and put her and Tripp together and spare us of all the unpleasantness leading up to it. She clearly wants him, and he doesn't do anything to discourage her. I used to like Tripp a lot but not anymore. He could still be okay if they'd get him away from Claire and Ciara.

Thanks MPM!

Shawn steps in and defends his mom saying she’s doing her job.
Seems like an overreach and a conflict of interest to me, but...
Tripp says evidence doesn’t lie.
What a dolt. Gil Grissom he's not.

Uf. Again I'd watch Hattie and Bonnie in webisodes, but not on my screen during Days anymore, please. The implausibility factor is too much to take!

I love that Shawn has gotten involved with the Ben story. He seems to be the only person in Salem who realizes he is related to both Ciara and Claire and shows equal concern for both girls. I've wanted this for a very long time. This is the missing link in Hope's family tree and is why I need Shawn in Salem full time.

Hope is EXTREMELY unstable. I really don't want another doppelgänger or mental illness story but today was the first day I questioned whether this was really Hope. I think it is her but she is acting off and I can't figure out why. This is now beyond concern for a child. I like that Shawn and Rafe are starting to doubt her.

The Hattie stuff was funny but I too am sick of the doppelgängers. Why not just write story for Marlena and Adrienne instead? I'd like to see Marlena spend some actual time with her kids before they leave town again. And when was the last time Justin and Adrienne shared a scene?

John's entire demeanor changed after the family went to the chapel. He was way too calm when Kayla disconnected the machine. I'm sure we will get flashbacks of how it went down should be fun to watch.

Thanks MPM

I feel pretty sure Roman is the brains behind the Marlena/Hattie switch bring
John and Kayla as accomplices in on this scathingly brilliant plan.
But due to her cockiness, big mouth, and rogue irritate behavior they are going to have their hands full.

Last edited:
Back