Days of Our Lives - Mon., Sept. 26, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of our Lives
Monday, September 26, 2016

John, Marlena & Paul sit in the apt., talking of the escapees, Steve, Kayla, the dangers, how to keep safe, but Claire is paying no attention, just perusing her tablet. John queries her, she claims she is listening, but gets all uptight when told they have to stay in the apt. After all, there is no electricity, and her tablet will soon need to get charged up. John decides to go check on Steve & Kayla, orders all to stay put there, but Marlena gets a call from the hospital, they want her to come calm some nerves. She takes Claire with her, John has arranged for a body guard to follow them.

Chloe & Phil cannot get over Kate's change of heart, her agreement to help, talk it over, Chloe still worried, Phil calms her down, they will be this child's parents, raise him together, no Deimos.

That man is lunching with Nicole, who is giving him a hard time about getting the court order for a paternity test. They argue about it, he tries defending himself, but Nicole relates some of Chloe's health history, and how Deimos is adding to her stress.

Later, Nicole meets up with Chloe, talk of this test, Nicole figures out that Chloe has managed somehow to make sure the results are not favorable to Deimos. Chloe denies, then admits this is true. They talk of the baby, Nicole keeping the secret, and of Nicole being godmother for it, which pleases Nicole tremendously. Chloe asks Nik to go with her to the clinic for the test results.

Meanwhile Deimos & Phil are arguing about the paternity, Deimos going on about all the time he was with Chloe, day & night, got so close, & she never once mentioned Philip, or a break up, etc. Phil sluff it off, that baby is not yours, sorry.

Marlena & Claire are in the square, evidently having asked the bodyguard to help some woman who was lost. Claire brightens up as the hospital has a generator, she can use her tablet. Marlena says hospital is close, they should hurry.

Kate is on the phone to Dr. Wright, has a favor, wants to see him now, will be right over. As she hangs up, Clyde comes up, grabs her arm, wants to finish their conversation. She tries to leave, to no avail. He is not going to let her go, though, but she manages, eventually, to pull away, and pull out her gun, pointing it at him. He backs off, but Orpheus pops up, wrests her gun away, giving it to Clyde, telling him to finish her off. Just then Marlena & Claire come up, too late, Orpheus grabs them. Marlena tries to pretend Claire is a stranger, but Orpheus did his homework, knows this is granddaughter, Claire. We go back & forth between Clyde/Kate, Orpheus/Marlena/Claire, the men threatening the women. Kate is pleading, Marlena defying Orpheus, who soon tires of it all, telling Clyde it was time to finish them all. And here comes John, yayyyy, gun drawn, going after Clyde, Orpheus coming to help Clyde, a shot rings out. Commercial.

We are back, the diabolical duo is gone, John thinks he hit Orpheus, but no blood there. Tells that the "lost" woman was a set up, calls Roman to fill him in. And it seems John installed a panic button on Marlena's phone, she managed to press it, Kate wants one, he promises to get her on. He has to go check on something, tells them all to stay put, bodyguard is coming, he will be right back. When he returns, Kate has vanished.

Steve comes home, Kayla is frantic, glad he is o.k., both are worried about Joey. She wants to go with Steve,. no dice, she protests, they argue. Steve feels he wasn't there for Joey's important growing years, Kayla says taking the fall for Joey to save him going to prison more than made up for it. He has a lot of your characteristics, strength, determination, etc. Steve is going to check a few places, will stop at hospital to make sure the tempt. Chief of staff is doing o.k. Will be back. Kisses, love you. etc.

Orpheus is giving Joey a hard time about his dad being dad, Joe is silent. Orpheus leaves, Xander is left watching Joey, brags about shooting him maybe, but eventually falls asleep. Joey wrestles with his ropes that tie his hands, eventually getting them loose. But Xander wakes up, Orpheus returns, is bleeding, Xander tries to staunch the blood flow, goes out to steal from a pharmacy. Orpheus gives Joey a hard time, more threats, but Joey reminds him that once he kills Joe, no more leverage. Orpheus keeps threatening, talks of shooting out Joey's eye, so he will be half blind like his old man. Joey spits in his face.. Orpheus is not happy about that.

John has already checked on Steve & Kayla, is now back home getting filled in by Marlena. Claire is evidently in her room, perhaps understanding the danger now. Marlena tells how Claire is concerned about her tablet. John is rolling eyes, says Claire doesn't get it. Marlena thinks she is beginning to do so.

Kate is at the clinic, wondering where Dr. Wright is, the place is empty. Then, later, Phil, Chloe & Nicole have arrived, Philip wondering why Nicole is there, Deimos walking in, saying he is wondering the same thing. Nicole explains she is Chloe's friend, Chloe asked her to come, and she is there to support her. The Doctor comes in, figures they are all there for the lab results. Yep, how much longer do we have to wait. I have them right here, he announces.

Thank you for the summary. I think I could enjoy a show where Claire would have to stay closed up in a room with no cell phone service for 24 hours. On second thought, I guess she would be so hysterical and raving and ranting, I wouldn't be able to stand it. But seriously, this cell phone obsession of hers is getting to me! She needs a big dose of reality.

We are back, the diabolical duo is gone, John thinks he hit Orpheus, but no blood there.

This is the 2nd episode in a row where we get an action scene, go to commercial, and then we return, the villains are gone. I don't like it. Are the scenes being edited or are they purposely done this way? I was really confused on Friday when Steve was shot and then all of a sudden Joey was gone. How?! Same thing today with John's gun going off.

I was rooting for Clyde in the Kate scenes.:)

I liked the family scenes at the townhouse. Too bad Brady "Black-Kiriakis" wasn't there too. :rolleyes: I also really hate that Claire and the teens have been aged to 18. They should have kept them at 15-16 because that is exactly the way they act. I really need to see Hope and Claire's parents involved at some point too.

I was rooting for Orpheus in the Joey scenes.:)

Was amazing, wasn't it. John comes along, fires his gun, Clyde is holding one but doesn't fire it, both guys evidently run off, but John fires no more shots? And all that shooting did not attract any cops who are supposedly on "high alert"?

Well, tis fun to watch, so not gonna get too picky. But even in old, ancient westerns, even Roy Rogers or Gene Autry fired shots at the retreating cowboys. LOL

What it is, they don't want us to know how the bad guys get away.

When Steve and Kayla were talking about how smart Joey is and what good instincts he has I thought "Wait a minute I thought the Unholy Three kidnapped their son, is there another Joey on the show we don't know about?" LOL

I will give him credit for making sure Xavier truly was taking really asleep before working on his bonds and for standing up to Orpheus. True that probably wasn't very smart but he's got spunk I like that. This is the first time I've actually liked the kid in a long time.

As far as Orpheus and the Hillbilly getting away goes, well I've come to the conclusion that they have somehow come into possession of teleportation technology that only works during commercial break. It's as good an explanation as any right?

If anybody thinks Claire actually woke up after the experience in the alley and will stop acting like such a twit I have some absolutely stunning ocean-front property in Arizona I'll willing to part company with at a reasonable price. LOL

Good point, Poirot. The hapless trio of escapees always seem to flee at the first sign of trouble. If and when they are recaptured and sent back to prison, they will be the object of derision from the other convicts. E.g., Convict No. 1: "Hey, Weston, tell us again how you lost your gun and then ran away from the likes of little Chad DiMera :rotfl:," Convict No. 2: "Mr. Popular Bluff, tell us again how you fled the scene after Milo Harp was shot. A big help you were. :rotfl:" Of course Salemites aren't exactly clicking on all cylinders either. What would possess Kate, Marlena, and the insufferable Claire to walk down an alley in some sketchy part of town? Finally, when this is all over, John might want to try to improve his cash flow by selling his panic buttons. (Why not? He seems to have remarkably few paying clients.) E.g,, Titan TV ad: "Hi, I'm Doctor Marlena Evans. When I was trapped in a deserted alley by members of the deadly Orpheus Gang, I was able to summon immediate help with my Black Patch panic button. My button saved my life and it could save yours too."

Gotta tell ya, those women....o.k. Marlena was shortcutting thru the alley to the hospital. Kate was there so no one would hear her on the phone making plans to visit Dr. Wright. .......Stupid? yep.

But.....I want to know how the heck Clyde (and Orpheus) even knew WHERE Kate was? Or did they just get lucky as they skulked thru back alleys?

Did Dr Wright send Kate to exam room for an exam? Will she find the correct room
before the baby daddy results are said?

Did anyone else notice Philip's hair? It was parted two different ways today. Maybe
he found time to get a haircut.

Is this the first time Joey has been kidnapped? Just wondering.

Can Claire be added to the villain to do list? Maybe Claire is afraid and instead of
showing it she's showing concern about her tablet not working.

Were the Salem officers protecting Kate? I thought she had her own security team.
Why weren't they protecting her?

Why was Deimos surprised Nicole was at the clinic? Isn't his security team watching her?

Ooooh, Kat, loved all the notes. Good questions.

Don't you love commercIals? Makes it easy to edit, bridge, etc. Then again, easy for the show, not the viewers.

Am guessing now.......Deimos was informed Nicole was at clinic with Chloe, so went there, too.

Hmmm, Joey. He did run away from school on his own, Steve found him, brought him back home. Do not recall any other kidnapping as baby/little one.

Yep, I thought there was a change in Phil's hair in the scenes. But thought it was just in the combing??

Thanks for the summary. Despite having the same complaints/queries as many of you, I did think it was a good one overall. But yes, Claire's obsession with social media is so childish! Why did they even bother aging her, or the other teens, for that matter, if their behavior wouldn't mature? Then again, many young adults are also obsessed with social media.

I think the Deimos/Chloe/Nicole/Philip stuff was actually the more entertaining part of the episode. Don't get me wrong, I love the villains storyline, but this is holding my interest quite a bit. Do I like that it's a rehash of Nicole's 2012 pregnancy? No. But I like all of the character interactions, and giving Kate something else to do besides worry about Clyde is a good move.

Claire is still a twit. What is it going to take for her to pull her head out of her butt and pay attention to what's going on around her?

I don't care about Deimos but I enjoy Chloe with Philip, and Nicole is generally good (don't dig her with Deimos though) but add Kate into that mess and its suddenly interesting to me. Also, Chloe blathering on about Nicole's dead babies seems like an anvil to me. Please God, no egg babies from a dead egg baby! (speculation only).

I laughed and laughed and then tweeted about Joey being "smart with good instincts." Where were they when he was murdering Ava and getting sucked into a cult with Jade?? :rotfl:

Back