Days of Our Lives - Mon., Sept. 4, 2023

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
Harris comes in to see Ava, who missed breakfast. He tells her that he spoke with Marlena, who agreed to help her. Ava changed her mind, however, and doesn't want to discuss Susan Banks. Harris thought she wanted this, Ava believes it could be a waste of time and perhaps her visions are over because she didn't see Susan since yesterday. Then she flashes to Susan, who thinks she needs to tell the truth about the accident, how she drove the car off the road, Ava says she has. Harris asks if she sees Susan? Ava says yes and informs Harris what happened. Harris says she can't do this alone, needs to call Marlena.

EJ is reading his tablet and sees Susan walk in. He hugs her, missed her so much, she doesn't think so because he is curled up on the couch sleeping. EJ wakes up, confused and disturbed, as it was all a dream. Xander leaves a message for Chloe, who's meeting with Nicole. Wants to talk about setting a wedding date, but reminds her that Philip isn't invited. He opens the door to EJ, who pulls a gun on him. He misses his mother, never got proper revenge, Xander apologizes and says it's all Ava's fault.

EJ agrees and wants Xander to kill her. Xander is shocked, EJ is willing to pay handsomely for such risky move, and Xander can redeem himself. EJ asks if all of these Euros he has can alleviate his concerns? Xander crumples up the check, no money is worth another death, they're both plagued by nightmares. EJ is determined to get revenge on Ava, and Xander too if necessary.

Theresa walks in on Brady, who is confused as to why she's here. She states it's obvious, to pay her respects to Victor, although Tate is back home at school. Brady reminds her that she and Victor hated each other, but he sort of came around. She flashes back to Victor comforting her as she left to take down Mateo, supporting her mission.

Brady mentions how Victor only wanted him away from Eve, she says it was all Xander's fault for what happened to Chloe. Brady holds her accountable and reminds her how Victor turned on her again after she sued for full custody of Tate. She says even he knew that they were perfect for each other, Brady has moved on even as Theresa tries convincing him that they can reunite and kisses him.

Brady stops her even as Theresa reminds him that he's done with Kristen, and Chloe has moved on, it's time to move forward if Brady is single. He reminds her they were toxic together and he has no interest in a reunion, asks her to leave and she does. Brady flashes back to marrying Theresa and times together, reminds himself that he and Theresa always were wrong for each other. Outside the pub on the bench, Theresa is crying looking at a photo of Brady and her on her phone when Xander happens upon her, surprised. In the park, EJ is on the phone, with someone saying he wants the person to kill Ava.

Marlena is telling John at the pub about a patient in his 90s that Kayla referred to her. Steve is there too, realizes the patient wants them to figure out who he is and where his long-lost son is. Marlena mentions that he has memories of a farm, of a lot of fighting at the time, his son when he was trying to get back to him. John thinks perhaps he was in a war. John and Steve suggest they run the man's prints through the military database.

Marlena gets Harris' call about Ava, must leave. Black Patch will deal with this, the police have no match for him. John and Patch discuss what to do, perhaps search VA hospital records. They meet with someone at the VA hospital later, the man is believed to be Joseph Bell, who suffered a head injury in Korea. It's been going on for some time, but hard to reach him. The man gives the two of them records to look at in private, John starts reading and is surprised by something he finds. Bell served in the same unit as his biological father.

Marlena arrives at Ava's room, says they can work with Ava's subconscious, Harris is asked to leave and agrees. Ava is being hypnotized, recalls the accident, tells Marlena how she ran away after the flames were everywhere. Marlena asks about Susan. Later, Harris returns, Marlena is going to consult with Ava's doctors here, wishes she could've helped more. Ava really appreciates her help. Later, Harris is back from walking Marlena out. Ava tells him that it wasn't a bust, she lied to Marlena. Now she remembers everything, including how Susan is really alive.

Julie is sitting next to the mystery man (Dick Van Dyke), she introduces herself, but he isn't sure who he is. Julie talks about the history of her Uncle Tommy. Mystery man thinks it sounds familiar and suggests perhaps that's him? Julie says her uncle died many years ago. Mr. Doe (Dick's character) gives his condolences, mentions his son he is trying to find. Julie has pull at the hospital, is going to see what she can do for him while she checks on Doug.

Later, she brings Doug to meet Mr. Doe, who realizes he is married. Doug is amused that Mr. Doe can't remember his wife, though he remembers her face and thinks they were in love. Talk shifts to the devil and the crazy stuff that's happened in the town, Julie's relationship with Doug. Doug and Mr. Doe discuss singing. Mr. Doe and Julie start singing and dancing as the nurses look on amused. They speak about all the fun they had, Julie and Doug must return home and wish him the best, he says it was nice meeting them, thinks soon he'll have answers.

I joked about that in another thread (Dick Van Dyke being John's father).

John couldn't be a Horton since Belle is married to Shawn-Douglas, who is a blood Horton (via Hope), and Paul had sex with Will (who is also a blood Horton (via Lucas). Incest is pretty much taboo on the daytime soaps (excluding Passions).

I noticed the closed-captions did not match up with what we actually saw. The closed-captions had Chloe and Philip talking to each other. But we are seeing Brady and Theresa. I wonder if this is the September 4 (Labor Day) episode?
DaysDegrassi noted at the bottom of the summary that it looks like the wrong Monday episode was streamed today.
Peacock has up the wrong Monday episode, but I wrote it up anyway. Not sure if it'll be back to normal today or not, or if I'll have time later to do the proper summary before work (if it is). But it was an interesting show, and I figured I'd write it up anyway, despite the confusion.

Thank you, DaysD!

I will comment more later, but I did notice something was off/missing scenes.

When Xander's message to Chloe referenced Philip not being invited, she had to have already told him about Philip being alive and in Salem. We never saw Chloe interact with Philip outside of opening the door and seeing him on Friday. So now this makes sense, it was the wrong show for today.

Also, wasn't Dick Van Dyke's first appearance going to be on Friday, 9/1?

Please note that DaysDegrassi stated at the bottom of the summary that it appears Peacock streamed September 4th's episode.
Peacock has up the wrong Monday episode, but I wrote it up anyway. Not sure if it'll be back to normal today or not, or if I'll have time later to do the proper summary before work (if it is). But it was an interesting show, and I figured I'd write it up anyway, despite the confusion.
I just added his note to the top of the summary to help people who are confused by the mix-up.

Well, put on Peacock, it was doing end of Friday, when Chloe opens the door....then all the credits. NO other Days episodes available. In fact, when I tried, not even the Friday episode was available. So they took off Days entirely now, am guessing trying to fix whatever the mistake was

Somehow next Monday's episode was accidentally uploaded to Peacock this morning. I'm guessing they're in the process of fixing the problem and the regular episode will be posted later, once everything is taken care of.
JS, does that mean that I don't have to do anything on my end?

I just checked my Peacock and for some reason I'm not getting Season 59 Episode 1. Does anyone know how to update to the new season or do they have to do it on their end?
You mean Season 58, Episode 1? We are still in Season 58, and it is available if you click on All Episodes for Season 58, you will note there are 245 Episodes available. I hope this helps!

1693231152471.png

1693231082047.png

@WW..............Season 258 ended last Friday. Today is supposed to be Season 59, episode 1. But, as DaysD noted, he got episode 6 early this a.m.
Currently there are NO Days episodes available at all, last I tried. Maybe by noon???

Back