Days of Our Lives--Monday, 5/22/17

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
Ciara is crying, upset that Theo and Wyatt were lying the whole time. She feels betrayed, Claire is shocked that Theo has done this and knew Wyatt. Claire hugs Ciara, Wyatt tells Ciara that he does really like her, blames Theo for everything, Theo protests. Ciara doesn't think any of it was real, Theo says Ciara doing his homework and having money is all that mattered to him.

Ciara stops their arguing, never wants to see Wyatt again, leaves, with Theo following. He meets her in the Square, apologizes, tried to help her. Ciara is upset, he set her up with a slimy skeeze. Back and forth arguing about what happened and his motivations. He wanted her to have what Theo & Claire share, Ciara is insulted, thinks Theo didn't think she could get a guy on her own, or be happy single. Theo says he was upset because none of the dudes on the dating app were good enough for her. More back and forth (really boring and pointless scenes here---this whole storyline is incredibly dull and stupid).

At the apartment, Claire tells Wyatt he can leave, but he wants to wait for Ciara. They argue over what he did, but Wyatt targets Claire, saying she's jealous because deep down she knows Theo loves not her, but Ciara. Claire denies it, knows Theo, Wyatt disagrees, tells her of how Theo talks to him about Ciara, so often, puts her on a pedestal. Claire continues protesting, says he's a liar and a misogynist that isn't worth listening to, she continues to rip him for what he did, kicks him out. Wyatt says she is in denial.

Back at the park, Ciara talks about writing the letter to Theo, but he has no idea what she means. She explains, he's shocked, thinks it got mixed up with schoolwork or accidentally threw it out. More back and forth about it. Ciara trusted Wyatt as she did with Chase, feels she's back where she began, Theo says he never would've let anything happen to her. Ciara doesn't know him anymore, is crying. Theo holds her hand, repeats he wouldn't ever intentionally hurt her, Ciara gets up and is upset.

Again, more back and forth (this is getting so old, just like Nicole yelling at Eric). Ciara tells Theo he doesn't know her, leaves. Theo is near tears. He comes back to Claire, they are crying, talk about what happened, she's upset he didn't even tell her. He screwed up, she may never forgive him. Ciara walks tearfully through the Square.

In Greece, the thug who robbed Chad brings Deimos the amulet. Deimos is furious, as the box is empty. Turns out it wasn't a total loss, as some microchip with extra information is in there. Deimos tells the goon to forget about the amulet, they have to focus on their main agenda. In the locked room, Nicole yells at Eric how they were almost free, but she blames Eric for being trapped. She tells him that she didn't come back for him, but for Brady, as he'd be devastated if Eric was left behind. She tells Eric how she's madly in love with Brady, but hates Eric with every fiber of her being. E

ric tries to comfort her, asks how Brady is, but she doesn't know. Nikki does say that she sent the pilot and Holly away, and thinks she won't see her again. Eric tells her of the conversation he had with Chloe about shared custody, but Nicole doubts it, will probably go to jail for kidnapping, lose everything. Eric tries to stay positive. Conversation turns back to Daniel's death, Eric wanted to serve the whole term, Nicole mocks "St. Eric", can't believe he's out early, he did a mortal sin with murdering Daniel. He lets Nicole know he's working at the Horton Center. Nicole is furious, won't forgive him the way Maggie has, he has no right to be a counselor, she doesn't need his help.

Eric claims he can help people, but Nicole says she'll somehow find a way back to Brady and Holly and never will see Eric again. More back and forth about Daniel, what Eric did, Eric apologizing, yada yada. Eric finally says the conversation isn't getting them anywhere, they have to work together, but she says they're tried and failed at that. He says he has an idea but needs her to trust him, begs her to try.

Xander is getting dressed, hears Nicole and Eric arguing about Daniel, heads into the room to see them fighting, tries to restrain Nicole. But Eric tricked him, begins beating up on Xander. A goon with a gun shows up and threatens Eric. Xander begins beating the former priest. Xander's phone falls to the floor, Nicole picks it up and reads Deimos' text saying he'll be around to pick up Nicole soon. He takes back the phone, gives it to Xander. Eric and Nicole are left in the room as Xander reads the message. (Jeez, Eric is setting the record for the most failed rescue/escape attempts in Days history!)

Nicole tells Eric about the text (she doesn't know who sent it), Eric does think it's strange that he hasn't been hurt more or killed. Nicole and Eric come to the realization that Deimos let Xander go, and is behind all of this. They discuss Deimos' motivations, figure out his plan. Deimos calls Xander, asking if he got the text, will be coming for Nicole tonight. Xander asks what he wants done with Eric, Deimos says nothing: he'll have the pleasure of dealing with him by himself.

On the plane, JJ is getting off the phone with Jennifer, telling Lani she's worried because she hasn't heard from Eric. Eli says Eric should've cooperated, blames them still being there on him, leaves. Lani has a feeling things didn't go well with Gabi, explains to JJ that she encouraged Eli to speak with her. JJ says they have no time to worry about his love life, they have to nail Xander and Deimos, Lani agrees.

Somewhere else, Paul is taking photos, tells Sonny they're gonna have to call for some help, gives JJ a ring. Paul sends over photos to get an ID on the thug who robbed Chad. Eli is back on the computer, got a match. Turns out it's someone named Guy Manzoukis, who specializes in arson, burglary, assault and murder. Sonny is called and briefed, Sonny is gonna take him by himself. He pretends to be a tourist, Guy comes up trying to help, but then Paul sneaks up behind and strikes him, handcuffing him. Sonny tells him he knows that Guy is working for Deimos, and wants information.

JJ is off somewhere, Eli gets Lani a water as they wait to hear about Sonny and Paul. Their hands touch as he hands her the water, awkward moment. Lani brings up Gabi, Eli tells her he ended it, makes the conversation brief as Lani continues inquiring. Elsewhere, Sonny threatens Guy, is about to sock the dude when JJ arrives and stops Sonny. JJ drags him away as Paul looks concerned about Sonny's behavior. Later, Sonny is talking about wanting to take control of Titan more than anything--except Paul, can't wait to nail Deimos, kiss (and somehow Paul knows more Greek language than Sonny, who actually is Greek). On the plane, JJ and Lani interrogate Guy

Oh good lord, overreact much? I think Ciara is totally overreacting. I know Wyatt has taken advantage of her financially a little but I think he really did like her. She's acting like it is the most horrible thing that her friend would want to set her up.

Detective JJ still makes me smile. He has grown up so much.

I guess I can see Ciara's point, though. She cared for and trusted Chase, and he raped her. So she was already vulnerable. Theo was her best friend since they were little and she trusted him. If he had told Ciara there was a nice guy in one of his classes that he thought she'd click with, it would've been fine. But to her, it came off as a pity thing. She felt stupid and ugly, like a charity case who couldn't attract a nice guy on her own. Theo's intentions were good, but it backfired, making Ciara feel like loser.

Thanks for the summary, Degrassi. I don't like any of the teen stuff but at least maybe the Ciara/Wyatt thing has come to a close. I haven't watched yet but I already know I'm going to want to shake the daylights out of Claire. She's got a lot of nerve, accusing Theo of messing up, not even telling her, and saying she may never forgive him. He may have messed up unintentionally, but she deliberately sneaked around and took Ciara's letter of of Theo's backpack and didn't even tell him. I think Claire may be the most unlikable character on the show, now and maybe ever. I really can't stand her. Whiny little self-centered brat!

If there was a theme today, it was that no (attempted) good deed goes unpunished as hapless, would-be rescuer, sourpuss Eric, was subjected to a heavy torrent of truly nasty abuse from Nicole, and the woebegone Theo got an major earful from self-pitying drama queen Teen Ciara. If Theo had decided to defend his actions, he might have cited the line from the old Dusty Springfield song, Wishin' and Hopin', in which the singer advises aspiring girlfriends to "do the things he likes to do," which was essentially what the perpetually-broke Wyatt was doing with Ciara. Elsewhere, Bo Brady would have been beaming with pride as JJ, who has absolutely no jurisdiction in Greece, dragged Deimos's man, Guy, back to the jet and threatened that unless he talked, he was "going down." for his crimes, both real and imagined. It would serve Jenny's son, Lani, and Eli, right if the cops on Xander's payroll stormed the jet and dragged the whole bunch of them to the nearest local prison, where they would be held for kidnapping a Greek national. (Imagine Jenny's reaction if she heard that JJ was in a Greek jail.)

Thanks, DaysD.

A sad day in Salem. Ciara and Theo are probably no longer best friends.

Claire was upset with Theo because he kept the secret about Wyatt. She has
a secret too. She read the letter Ciara gave to Theo.

I wonder how long it will be before we find out what's on the flashdrive that
was in the box?

I'm glad Eric and Nicole figured out Xander is probably working for Deimos.

Line of the day goes to Eric "So he can ride in on his little horse and rescue you"
I had to listen it to it twice because I laughed.

Would Deimos look like this?

man pony.jpg

:rotfl: Cute little horse, Kat. I laughed too, when Eric said Deimos wanted to ride in on his little horse.

Now that I've watched this episode, I have to say Claire didn't act so bratty as I had expected. In fact, she was pretty nice, for Claire. I still don't care for her though. I felt sorry for Theo. This was kind of a lose-lose situation for everybody. Even Claire had fuel added to her fear that Theo still has feelings for Ciara.

I liked the brief "moment" between Eli and Lani. I think they could be good together.

Nicole could quit beating up on Eric any time now. I've had enough of it.

I still say the Ciara/Theo/Claire story would have been meatier had Shawn stayed in Salem and been in the middle of it. I've given up on Hope at this point. Otherwise, I like seeing self-aware and protective Claire. I do think she'll probably scheme to hold on to Theo but hopefully not Sami level. Nice to see Ciara call her brother.

I'm beyond done with Nicole. We are now on a repetitive loop with her going off on Eric. I don't know what to expect anymore but I'm sad that this once upon a time promising couple with destroyed by Daniel. I really hope the show does a retcon to Deimos arranging the accident. I hate how they don't even address all of Nicole's past crimes or the fact that Eric was depressed and drinking because Nicole was with Daniel. It's all one note of Eric being the bad guy and killing Daniel. The whole story is just a big mess.

JJ has jurisdiction in Greece? So does Paul? Sonny needs to go back to owning a restaurant.

Sonny really needs to get himself a Big Boy hamburger franchise. His efforts at being Mr. Tough Guy were almost comical. It's surprising that Guy didn't start laughing at him. As for JJ, apparently the writers never saw the French village scene in Catch Me if You Can where FBI agent Carl Hanratty (Tom Hanks) had to wait for the French Surete to arrive to arrest Frank Abagnale, Jr. (Leonardo DiCaprio). He couldn't do it himself. Of course, Hanratty was only a mere FBI agent. JJ's Salem P.D. badge must be a sort of super credential that gives him instant jurisdiction world-wide -- London, Paris, Rome, Moscow, Beijing, anywhere. Imagine if Xander was selling counterfeit art at a London gallery and JJ swoops in and tells Scotland Yard, "Stand back, I'm with the Salem P.D. I'm taking jurisdiction here."

I remember in years back, the same was said of Bo....who seemed to have super powers to arrest no matter the country. I used to cringe when he would say "Salem PD" in some foreign country...... No state, no country, no mention of United States...just "Salem PD".

Makeup & Hair dept. also watched GodFather too many times. That greased down hair is their doing, not his. But guess if the director has told him to get tough, etc. ....??? But again, I think it is the writing. Sonny could want to nail Deimos, do it quietly, seriously, without the change in looks.

Back