Days of Our Lives Monday Jan 12 2009

DJM

Reaction score
Rafe is a sleep dreaming of the attack. Hilda is with the killer. He wants to know where Sami is. Hilda says she has no clue as to what he is talking about. That he is making a big mistake. He has a knife to her neck and tells her to let him know where Sami is or she will die. She tells him she does not know who he is talking about. Her purse falls and he sees the pictures and knitting that she has. Says that family must be important to her. He will leave her family alone is she tells him where Sami is. She again tells him she does not know. He says she is of no use to him then. Later you see the killer and he says Sami I will find you and when I do you will be just as dead as our friend here. You see Hilda’s body on the ground.

Sami and Sister Theresa are together. Sami is crying and saying that everything is wrong. The baby is ok and that Rafe is looking after her, but once the baby is born all that will change and she does not know what to do. The father of the baby does not know that she is pregnant and can not find out. Lets the Sister know that she is going to do what is best for the baby. Says she needs to get back before Rafe wakes up. Sister is worried about her and says she wants to give her something before she goes. She returns with a cell phone. Her number is programmed in. Sami thanks her and leaves.

Kate and Chelsea are talking. Kate is worried that Lucas and Chloe are not down yet. Chloe and Dan are on the bed making out. Clothes are off. Lucas is about to open the door. The door is locked. Lucas calls through the door. Chloe says oh my god. Chloe says she will be right out is not ready yet. Lucas wants to know what she is doing. Chloe and Dan jump off the bed. Kate is downstairs saying she feels like everyone is disappearing. Back upstairs Lucas wants into the room Chloe refuses saying she is not ready yet and does not want him to see her the way she is. Tells him that her mom called and she started to cry needs to redo her makeup. Lucas leaves to go back downstairs. Chloe and Dan talk and Chloe tells Dan that she wants him to go and that Lucas must not find out. Dan says he can leave, but she will still have the problem of Lucas. She should not settle for anything less than love. Chloe says it will never happen again, that she hates him and can not stand him touching her. Everyone is downstairs waiting for Chloe to come. Lucas says that she is ok, just emotional. When Chloe arrives Lucas tells her how pretty she looks and makes a toast.

EJ and Stefano are at the hospital. EJ wants Stefano to leave as Lexie has asked him to do. Saying he will keep him informed about Theo, it has been a bad day. Stefano agrees that it has been a bad day. He does not take orders from EJ it is the other way around. Says he will keep his distance and wait until Lexie is ready to be with him again. He gives EJ a job to do. EJ refuses saying that it is busy work and that he has a call to make. He calls Nicole and leaves. Stefano says to himself that EJ’s devotion to Nicole is admirable.

Nicole is coming down the stairs looking for EJ. Tony is there to say that he is the messenger of bad news and worst news. The bad news is that EJ is working for Stefano and the worst news is that it is just beginning. Says that she is not upset about EJ being late for the party. Knows that he has to work. Tony says something about Theo and Nicole had no idea about the accident. Tony points out that Stefano is taking more and more of EJ’s time. Does she want he to get a call and be miles away when she gives birth. Tony leaves and Nicole says yes that is what she wants. EJ calls and she lets him know that it is ok she can go to the party alone. EJ says no Chloe is her best friend and that he will be there soon to pick her up. When EJ arrives she tells him that her and the baby are ok. She does not need him all the time and that he needs to trust her. He says he trusts her completely.

Stephanie and Philip are kissing when Max arrives at the party. Stephanie is a little upset that Max saw them. Says it is one thing for him to know, but worst for him to see it. Chelsea is surprised to see Max there. He said he was invited and came. Chelsea is happy that he is there. They talk about New Year’s Eve. Max says that it meant something to him. They agree to hang out and see what happens. They are about to leave the party when Philip and Stephanie arrive in the room. Max and Philip have a man to man talk and Max warns Philip that if he hurts Stephanie him will beat him up. Stephanie and Chelsea also have a talk and Stephanie admits that when you break up with someone you want the other one to be shattered, and Max is not shattered. Chelsea tells Stephanie that her and Max are not sure where it is going. Philip and Stephanie talk and she tells Philip that everything is going to be ok. Chloe comes down and Lucas tells her how pretty she is and makes a toast.

Sami returns to the safe house. Rafe wakes up and wants to know how long he was out. Sami tells him a while. He smiles says you are in one piece and still here. We are going to be ok because I can trust you.

Thanks DJM... I appreciate your write up! Poor Lucas...I wish he could catch a break with a good woman for once.
I love Philip & Stephanie together!
And what can I say about Sami....up to her old deceiving tricks!
I wish Nicole would just tell the truth!! Sheesh!

Oh, no, not poor Hilda. I love Hilda.
Lucas just can't catch a break, can he. Shame on Chloe for deceiving him like this. Isn't she the one who isn't ready to settle down, was not into the diapers, baby feeding, etc. And where the heck is Allie?

Poor, poor Hilda!! I liked her!!! Chloe SHOULD be ashamed of herself!! That is disgusting. Poor gullable Lucas. You'd think after years of dealing with Sami, he'd know when a woman is up to something by now.

Thanks for the write up.

Interesting note. When Tony is filling in Nicole on EJ's whereabouts, he is smoking a cigar, a thin one. We really, as far as I can remember, have never seen Tony smoking, not that he might not do so. But Andre did. Back in Aremid days, Thaao commented once, that when Tony was gonna die, he purposely smoked a cigarette, something Tony never did, which eventually the show was able to use to show it was Andre who died, not Tony.
And Hilda, she had to know that she could I.D. the guy, and her life was not worth a thing. (she evidently takes him somewhere, wild goose chase, then claims they must have moved Sami, so she doesn't know where she is). I am truly upset they killed her off, and just hope TPTB have a change of heart.

Thanks for the recap DJM.
Can't wait to see Monday (except for Chloe & Dan).
I think I'd rather see Melanie than the other two and I can't stand her.

Speaking of Melanie, we've had a nice little respite from her since New Year's. It's been very refreshing. Wish it could last for the rest of the year.

Thanks for the summary DJM!

Yeahhh........right! LOL

Can't wait for you all to see the ping pong paddles that Stephanie is wearing dangling from her ears. I guess they are supposed to be earrings.......but?????

The earrings were a bit big. Hard to miss that she was wearing them. I did think that they looked ok, but could have chosen a better pair.

Fingernails, earrings, bosums hanging out, men without shirts. Heck, who needs to hear dialogue???? LOL

DJM, thanks so much for the preview. I always save it to read on Sunday so it breaks up the weekend and seems like an unexpected treat! :)
Phooey, I am so disappointed they are killing Hilda!
I hope, I hope they are NOT bringing back Andre. But what are the odds?
Ping pong paddle earrings. TeeHee.
It's hopeless to say, "Poor Lucas." Now I'll say, "Poor Rafe." He trusts her?????

Thanks so much for the write up..... It's a wonder Dr. Scuz doesen't have a nasty, as much as he jumps from 1 bed to another. I can not stand him, and they just blew it for me with Chloe. Send them both out on the next wave.

And neither went into the bathroon to freshen up, they just threw their clothes on, yuck.

Oh, no, not poor Hilda. I love Hilda.
Lucas just can't catch a break, can he. Shame on Chloe for deceiving him like this. Isn't she the one who isn't ready to settle down, was not into the diapers, baby feeding, etc. And where the heck is Allie?

Amen Poirot! Very well said!

I can't believe I fast forward so much these days. I usually never do that. But now I am FF most of the Daniel/Chloe scenes and today I just couldn't bear to watch Hilda get killed, so I skipped that.

Everytime I looked at Stephanie's earrings, the old Johnny Horton folk tune, "Snow Shoe Thompson (packed the mail on through)" kept going through my mind. :)

But I really like Stephanie's hair pulled back the way she's worn it the past couple of days. And I thought Max and Chelsea were cute today, except for her hair.

ROTFL........SNOWSHOES.......yep. Exactly! Actually, if Stephanie wants to wear her hair back, she should have it in a bit of a twist in the back, not that abbreviated ponytail.

Old Cowgirl, I did the exact same thing. Fast forwarded through Daniel and Chloe and through Hilda because it really bothered me that she got killed. She is a very good actress because I felt her quiet terror.

Stephanie's earrings looked to me like stained glass ping pong paddles. I get the feeling that these are really hers and not from wardrobe. Who knows? Maybe Shelley is developing her own line of jewelry and clothing.

Favorite line of the day: When Chloe looked in the mirror and called herself a name that we were all thinking. Loved it.

About Stef's earrings...I just read an article about the Golden Globe Awards and they mentioned all the women's big jewelry and a couple of actress's big earrings....heck, maybe that's the trend...??

I just looked at Stephanie's earrings. They look like faded petrified freeze dried citrus slices that were created during the ice age. She could have used them for coasters for the champagne.

The hair is not very becoming either. I saw the same "Do" on another soap star when I was visiting a patient today and thought to myself that it looked pretty lame for someone that was dressed up. If she was playing Cinderella and scrubbing fireplaces it would be apropos.

I wish Chloe would have slapped Daniels face off today. He makes pigs and pond scum both look good. I have to say that she tried to come to her senses.

I am really thinking Tony is really Andre. He is snarky and mean, not like Tony at all.

RIP Hilda

Back