Days of Our Lives - Monday, July 21st, 2008

Kayla

There is a lot more to Steve & Kayla conversation........I was rather impressed that the show finally has them dealing with this issue....long overdue, as many of us noted.

I'm know this will probably make some people mad but I for one am sick of Kayla. First she is all nervous about Joe being home and the fact that he has to have the apnea monitor, she is a doctor for goodness sake..........get over your self. She should be happy he's even home, monitor or not:(

And as for her blaming everything on Ava and Steve, hey who was out prancing all over the country side when she was told to stay on bed rest?:cool:

She needs to look in the mirror when it comes to blaming someone for everything that has to do with Joe.

I like Kayla, I like her with Steve and have from day one...but I was thinking some of the same things as Old Time Days Fan.....
I would think that a doctor would be more understanding and confident about her son's situation than a regular person, but then I'm not a doctor and also being a doctor doesn't make her less of a mom scared for the life of her son.... so who knows.....
But why she just doesn't tell Steve how scared she is for the baby is beyond me...when she accuses Steve of not trusting her (cause he didn't tell her about Ava) I was thinking, man, look who's talking...doesn't she trust Steve enough to tell him of her fears...????

And you are correct about who put the baby's life in danger....she was told over and over and over by practically everyone in town not to get out of bed and go galavanting around, but she did anyway.....

And lastly...I can't believe she never just came right out and asked, "Did you have sex with her?" and I can't believe if he didn't, why Steve never said, "I didn't have sex with her!" Hmmm, so I don't understand, did he or didn't he...????

It was only "Almost Sex", Steve did NOT have sex with Ava

And lastly...I can't believe she never just came right out and asked, "Did you have sex with her?" and I can't believe if he didn't, why Steve never said, "I didn't have sex with her!" Hmmm, so I don't understand, did he or didn't he...????

Barb, I think they're leaving that open for another time.

I do wish Days would be a little more clear on issues that make us wonder. Perhaps that's why they keep us in the dark, so that we'll keep speculation and watching, hoping the truth will be revealed during an episode.

If they did the deed or not we really don't know as Kayla came in. Ava says they did, but you can not believe her. Steve did not really say just that he was frightened and that Ava was going to kill them all and he would do anything to keep them safe.

I thought the scene was pretty clear that they did not sleep together because Steve hopped right out of bed with his black underwear on - and it was clear that they were still initiating the act. lol Also, as far as when he woke up in the bed with Ava after being drugged, Ava makes it clear that they did not have sex while he was drugged.

This article clearly calls it "almost-sex"

http://thebiz.fancast.com/2008/07/deep_soap_same_story_different.html#mor

Believe it or not I have always been a big Lumi fan........until Chloe came along. I kind of like that pairing, too! :confused: Go figure.....

i dont like this pairing one bit it just another angst for them til they reunite for good.

Steve hopped right out of bed with his black underwear on...

I think he had the underwear on because this is a daytime show. Kayla mentioned in Monday's show that Steve was naked in bed with Ava and he didn't correct her. He also did not say that nothing happened.

I think he had the underwear on because this is a daytime show. Kayla mentioned in Monday's show that Steve was naked in bed with Ava and he didn't correct her. He also did not say that nothing happened.

I think that for Kayla, for all practical purposes, whether Steve had his underwear on or not, she is still going to call it as him being naked in bed. Whether the act was completed or not, it still feels like a betrayal because the intent was there. If I found my husband in that situation, I would do the same thing. I am sure Steve did not correct her because he knows that Kayla understands the act was not completed and frankly she was pretty upset so it was not the time to jump in with a clarification.

From hearing both Stephen and Mary Beth at their fan event in June - they definitely understood that Steve and Ava did not have sex and Kayla understood that also. But they also understood that it would have happened if Kayla had not walked in.

I think the article above titled "Steve and Kayla Finally Talk About His Almost-Sex With Ava" and the wording in the article "his nearly cheating on her with Ava " shows that is the understanding of the show also. I also recall an SOD article that came out a few months ago about the incident described Steve as being nearly naked.

For many S&K fans, though, whether Steve completed the act or not was not terribly relevant. The point that he was willing to was enough to make them upset about the whole set up and to sympathize with Kayla getting no voice or reaction afterward. For me, the only relevance is that we know Ava will not show up with Steve's baby somewhere down the road. :D

Excellent post!!!

I'm sure the understanding of the actors is that "it" did not happen; however, it could be a case such as the recent revelation that Kate and Dan had sex. The actors said they were both surprised when they got their scripts and found out about it. So, it could still happen and I believe it will somewhere down the road.

Back