Days of Our Lives - Monday, July 21st, 2008

Go, Ava (away, that is)

I don't know how anyone else feels, but, I really don't like what is happening with John and Ava. .... I don't like the way he's treating Marlena.
JMO

It makes me sick too to see John with Ava. I hate the fact that they are going to allow him to sleep with her.

I agree with both of you, Lisa and AnnieBelle. When Ava first got clean from drugs, I liked her. But once she started getting cozy with John she started to become evil again.:( I'll be glad when (if) she leaves the show.:)

Barb, thanks for all your work bringing us these summaries. :smile:

I saw the show. I was watching when Steve and Kayla where coming home from the hospital. A blanket was over the car seat, but you could tell there was no baby in the seat. I think they did a good job talking about what happened with Ava. I remember that Steve was druged when Ava first got into bed with him. When he woke up he was a bit confused. They talked for a while and he agreed to stay with Ava and give her a baby if she would let the rest of them go. If they did the deed or not we really don't know as Kayla came in. Ava says they did, but you can not believe her. Steve did not really say just that he was frightened and that Ava was going to kill them all and he would do anything to keep them safe.

I do wish Days would be a little more clear on issues that make us wonder. Perhaps that's why they keep us in the dark, so that we'll keep speculation and watching, hoping the truth will be revealed during an episode.

Chloe and Lucas

First off I think Nadia needs some better lines. For those of you who remember Chloe back in the day she did some AMAZING work!! It just seems off somehow but I dont think it is the actress' abilities.

I Love Lucas and Chloe together!! Didnt think I would but I really think they could do some great things with this couple.

I am actually to the point where I would like to see BOTH twins be EJs. Lucas needs to have someone who is not holding crap over his head all the time.

Dont get me wrong, I love Sami. However I feel that everything coming down the way it has, her and Lucas need to part.

She should be alone with her kids for a while. Maybe go stay with Will in Switz. for a while. She could always have a flirtation with Pete(from the pub) or the other guy from the (cheatin heart/gladiator) They are HOT HOT HOT!!!!!

I'm so glad that Ava is going to be gone next month, so why does she need an apt.? I don't like John & Ava either. I just wish Marlena would give John some space and quit pushing so hard. She is pushing John father away by her constant badgering of restoring his memory. She just may lose him forever if she doen't stop.
As for Lumi I too am a big fan of them, but I think Sami needs a break from ALL men for awhile.

Regarding whether or not Steve and Ava did the deed, that's up for speculation at this point since they didn't show it. Personally, I believe they did.

What I don't understand in Barb's summary is Steve's comment to Kayla that he had been drugged and woke up in Ava's bed. I don't remember his being drugged but admit I didn't pay much attention. He certainly didn't seem drugged when he was getting it on with her.
Steve was drugged, and came to in the bed. Ava was naked next to him. (Reminding me of Billie crawling into bed with a passed out Bo). They had not yet had sex, and have the conversation about everyone else, and her wanting a baby. Steve promises to give her a baby, and had just begun to kiss her as Kayla came in, Steve jumps out of the bed, Ava purrs that she wanted Kayla to see her & Steve together, Steve realized Ava set the whole thing up so Kayla would come in on them. There is a flashback of when Kayla came in the room, so you will see that part.

??

Does anyone else feel several of the women are being awfully pushy with the man in the life? On the other hand---some the men are being monsters.

I'm confused as to why Steve and Kayla suddenly have a problem with Ava. After all, it was Kayla who realized that Ava was being drugged, which led to her helping Ava become sane again. With this episode, it just seems like that's all been forgotten about.

Old Stephanie

Has anyone else seen the actress who was the first (grown) Stephanie, on Swingtown?

I think you may be thinking the actress that plays Melinda is the old Stephanie, Shayna Rose, but it's not. That's Rachelle Lefevre. She used to be in What About Brian and Boston Legal. They do look a lot alike though.

I love Ava and John together. I think they have great chemistry and as for as the way John is treating Marlena, I dare say it is Marlena who is treating John badly and he is just giving a portion of what he is getting from her.

I'm confused as to why Steve and Kayla suddenly have a problem with Ava. After all, it was Kayla who realized that Ava was being drugged, which led to her helping Ava become sane again. With this episode, it just seems like that's all been forgotten about.
No matter she was on drugs, she was responsible for the death of Kayla's father, and 2 other innocent men. plus the kidnapping of Hope (who Ava thought ws Kayla), and then Steve, Bo & Kayla, too.......all held against their will.

But Kayla here, has the the problem with Steve....tho Ava is a part of it. And this is not sudden, all parties have managed to stay away from each other.

In my opinion, Nadia is just as good as actress as most any of the others on the show....you can only say the lines you are given and do your best to shine...
Color me different, but I like the character of Chloe lots better than now than when she was on before....I didn't like her from the day she came on all in black and weird and up to and including marrying Brady (who I couldn't stand either) and leaving town.....
I'm very curious as to how they are going to have Ava leave the show....it's not that far away and we still see her subletting an apartment and getting more and more involved with Jon....hmmmmmm......
Can't wait to see Steve and Kayla's scenes....I hope the two get involved in an interesting s/l before too much longer....they are both such good actors and have really put it out there with what they have been given since they came back to the show....

Thank God they finally have Kayla and Steve dealing with what happened at the mansion. It really irritated me that they went on as if nothing happened. In my opinion, this should have been brought up long before now. I am no Ava fan but I certainly hope she can find some class in herself and not take Sami's apartment. Actually something tells me she doesn't take it because I read that Daniel is going to sublet an apartment next week.

Sami is seriously getting on my nerves. I have always been a big fan of hers and I love Sami and Lucas, but seriously stop with the whining already. She is sounding more like her mother everyday. I still wish Eric would come back because he is the only one that she ever actually listened to. And as for Chloe, isn't there an opera house somewhere in the world that will take her cause I would rather watch grass grow than watch her.

Thanks for the write up, the Kayla/Steve scenes sound great!

The one thing that made no sense to me is that when John ordered Sami to show Ava the apartment she says she will not hurt her mother that way. She never says anything about hurting Kayla (her aunt) In my opinion Kayla would be more hurt as Ava has done a lot worst to Kayly and the apartment is next door. It only looks like she thinks about Kayla when she sees the balloons on the door and goes to see them. They think she is there to see Joe. When she tells them about Ava and the apartment they let her have it and then she seems upset to be upsetting them and tries to explain.

Most of the time they are so self involved that unless it is someone they have been intimate with, sired, or have been sired by, they just don't think of others feelings. Sometimes they just don't think at all.

@DJM - I think at the time she was talking to John, having just seen her mother, who had promised to find out about why Lucas was going to Max Security..., Sami only was thinking about her mom. And knew her mom would be very hurt to learn that Sami was thinking of subletting her place to the woman who is trying to move in on her husband.
And yes, I think when she saw the balloons, the realization hit about Aunt Kayla & Uncle Steve...and made it all the worse.
It would have made sense for her to right then say"I cannot show you the apt. I forgot who is living across the hall now"...........but then we would not have had the Steve/Kayla confrontation.

Believe it or not I have always been a big Lumi fan........until Chloe came along. I kind of like that pairing, too! :confused: Go figure.....

no to ch loe with lucas lol lumi all the way baby

thank you barb for the write uyp

@ Poirot. Could be that Sami was only thinking about her Mom at the time as she had just seen her. But I think her Mom would have understood when she explained that it was her apartment or John's place. I think it would be Kayla and Steve hurt more.

Back