Days of Our Lives--Monday, July 6, 2015

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
PART 1

Hope and Aiden are still at the table, back and forth about Clyde. Rafe shows up and Aiden wonders if he's pushing Hope on this. Suddenly, gets a phone call from Daniel and leaves. Rafe and Hope discuss the tension over Clyde. Aiden returns, reveals that Daniel wants him to cover the Xander case, kisses Hope and promises to talk later before leaving. Rafe and Hope chat about Aiden and Hope's fight over Clyde, Hope's investigation, talk of Victor possibly putting a hit on Clyde. They put 2-and-2 together about Victor putting a hit on Clyde in the winter before Sonny's stabbing. Rafe thinks they should stop investigating, they have families to worry about after Clyde's threats. Hope gets a call from Doug, Rafe goes to Club TBD to order something "sweet" for Hope and himself, and ends up running into Clyde. Small talk about Kate, 4th of July, Rafe gets a text, hates being rude, but Clyde doesn't expect anything better. Rafe lets Hope know that Clyde is inside via text as Clyde leaves. Hope wonders if Clyde saw them together, but Rafe doubts it.

Kyle is on the phone in the park, flashes back to inviting Bev and JJ to the party. At the Horton House, JJ is drinking a beer and chatting with Bev, talks of drinking. Elsewhere, Paige is chatting with someone on her iPad about meeting up, something about being what she's looking for, perfect guy for her.
In the Square, Clyde is on the phone (this is before Clyde meets Rafe), telling someone to "sign him up". It's revealed that Kyle is working for Clyde, and they are speaking on the phone. Kyle's job is to expand the business, nobody can know they work together. Kyle talks of hooking a few people coming to his party on something, and Clyde gives him a few warnings before they hang up. Clyde wipes the phone with his hanky and throws it away. JJ and Bev are talking more, JJ finishes his beer and Bev's. JJ invites Bev to the lake, they decide to get some fresh air.

Paige is sitting in front of the fan (is there a heatwave in Salem?), flashing back to being with JJ by the lake a year ago and confessing her love for him. She throws something, thinks JJ isn't worth thinking about, calls him a name.

JJ and Bev are at the kegger in the park, Kyle is there, one of Bev's friends pulls her away for a private chat. JJ talks of being a busboy at Club TBD now, Kyle offers him a dealing job. Behind the shrubbery, someone is listening in (looks like a man). Paige shows up at the kegger, sees JJ drinking, and gets the Eeyore face she does so well. JJ rejects the dealing job Kyle offers, goes to get another drink with Bev. Paige comes up and starts flirting with Kyle. Suddenly, JJ sees Paige talking to Kyle. Paige says she's an RA and lives in the dorms for free because of that (so that's where she's been staying). Small talk, but Kyle asks her to wait, he has to go take care of something. She glances back at JJ, who looks upset. JJ gets into a fight with some guy who bumps into him, Bev trying to get him to stop. Paige watches from afar, covering her mouth. Bev calls Paige a "witch with a b" before leaving after knowing who upset JJ. Kyle returns and Paige has to suddenly leave. The dude behind the bushes is watching.

PART 2

Eric is in the clearing outside the Square still thinking of kissing Nicole in the boiler room. Serena happens upon him, apologizing, he yells at her. She lets Eric know that Xander walked free (even mentions how it's weird that Roman didn't tell his own son). Eric can't believe it, Serena is sorry it's true, mentions Xander coming by her hotel to tell her himself, "proof" he was in Chicago. Eric can't believe it, thinks Serena gave him his alibi and that she betrayed him again. Next we see Eric on the phone leaving a message for Nicole, accuses Serena of helping Xander. Serena explains to Eric what she told the cops. More arguing over the "proof" Xander has. He thinks she should have turned herself and Xander in for smuggling weapons. Eric tells Serena that he and Daniel informed the police about the diamond-smuggling, wonders why she didn't back it up. She explains that Xander got rid of the evidence, and that he threatened to go after Eric if she revealed the truth. He lambasts her for not telling the truth, but she says she could care less about her fate but loves Eric and wants to save him. He tells her to leave Salem and leave him alone before leaving.

At the hospital, Nicole says bye to Daniel, and sees Xander, who greets her. Nicole thinks Xander should be in jail, but he lets her know that he "wasn't the guy they were looking for", got away. Daniel arrives and beats up Xander. Nicole cheers him on until a nurse calls security and Anne comes in, lambasting Nicole and Daniel. Nicole calls her a stupid cow, doesn't know what Xander did to her, Anne wants to "contain the locker room language". She starts to call the police and Nicole tells her to do it, since Xander is wanted for attempted murder. Xander argues, talks of Nicole making a mistake. Everyone is arguing, Nicole attacks Xander, but the security restrains her. She and Daniel want to leave and Anne makes a snide remark. Nicole wants to attack her (she flinches) but Daniel holds her back, Xander won't get away with this. Daniel tells Xander that he'll kill him if he ever touches Nicole again. Anne is kissing butt with Xander, telling him to make a lawsuit and make Daniel's life miserable, but Xander claims he doesn't want to make them more miserable, Daniel's almost like family. Anne laments he gets away with everything, then Xander gets a phone call and it brings him away from the babbling Anne, who wants to give him her number or home address. He picks up and it's Eric (who's in the Square), saying he wants to meet Xander: now. At the Pub booth, Nicole and Daniel are meeting with Aiden, who has the details on the case. He says a few reputable people confirmed that Xander was with them that night in Chicago. Aiden says there is no case because there's simply no proof against Xander. Nicole is upset, Daniel wonders if there is anything to keep Aiden away, but he says nope, and if the cops come up empty the DA won't press charges. Eric meets Xander in the Square, they start having the same conversation about Xander "not being there". Eric says he was naive in Africa to believe that Xander was a good guy, knows the real him. Eric says that Xander is gonna pay. Xander starts threatening Eric, brags to Eric about how Serena apparently told Xander he was better in bed than Eric. Eric is upset, Xander mocks him and leaves. Eric mutters thanks, has an idea to make him pay for good. At Daniel's, he wants to make her a bath, but Nicole is just standing there looking stressed, worried about Xander and how he got away. Daniel wants them to think of how this is their first night together, so glad she's there with him. They hug. But she remembers her and Eric in the boiler room and kissing him. She suddenly pulls away, saying "no".

At a Pub booth, Marlena is talking to Roman of how crazy it is that the police couldn't hold Xander. She asks if Roman is going to let him get away with it. Roman is on the phone with someone, ends, tells Marlena that someone used Xander's phone in Chicago, and they're going to find and arrest that person. Roman gets a message and has to leave, and asks Marlena to give the Department of Homeland Security some time and be grateful that Eric is alive. Next, Marlena is chatting with Hope about everything with Xander and then Stefano, lets Hope know that Chad helped her out once with Stefano, Hope thinks its about Kristen but Marlena says it's old news. Hope notes that Xander's alibi is solid, meaning it's probably pre-planned. Marlena thinks this isn't fair, thinks there must be some way to trap Xander before walking off to buy a coffee. Hope thinks it can be Victor.

Paige is back in her room, thinking she shouldn't have flirted with that guy because JJ was watching, but then realizes he always goes off on people. She sees a message about meeting up with some guy tonight.

JJ is in the clearing outside the Square, the guy who was watching comes and rips into JJ for fighting, JJ tells him to take a hike, but the guy just puts him on the ground and handcuffs him. In the Square, Rafe spies Clyde and Aiden having a meeting.
Eric shows up at Serena's place, wants to know if she still will help him. She says yes, he'll give her a chance to prove it. At Daniel's, Nicole flashes back to telling Eric to keep the boiler room kisses a secret. Daniel wants to know why Nicole backed off. Is it about Xander? Daniel notes that the police are watching him, so tonight they'll be safe. Nicole thinks its a mistake to move in tonight with Daniel.

Yeah, I live on the East Coast, so we get it at noon here.

Kind of an irritating episode, between Eeyore--I mean Paige--and Xander. I enjoyed the rest of the show, though.

Oh, boy, loved Daniel going after the bigger, beefier Xander, and nailing him, but good. LOL. And then JJ gets into the fight game as well, when another drunk idiot bumps into him, spilling his drink on JJ???
So now why is JJ being arrested? Or are the handcuffs to keep him contained for a bit?

Folks, we are getting set up....well, not us. Well, yes we are. Can you just see all the murder suspects being lined up? Kyle, Victor, Stefano, Hope, Rafe,That was upsetting to know that Clyde is urging Kyle to spread the product around the campus, get more on the dealing end, etc. etc. Too bad Ben could not see or hear him now.
And of course, Xander has his prospective murderers lined up as well.....Nicole, Daniel, Eric, Serena, Uncle Vic, Marlena, maybe even Roman.
So, Clyde took something out of his phone, threw the phone itself away. What the heck is all that about. Xander did it on Friday.

P.S. I am only speculating about a murder and suspects. It just looks that way to me. And this is July, a sweeps month. As you know from my name, I read a lot of Agatha Christie novels. LOL

Daniel briefly redeemed himself and for once I was on his side rooting for Dr. Dan the Man who Can that Tans. Excellent scene, and was kinda hot (just saying) lol.

I'm still curious about that man in the bushes....is he somehow connected to Clyde and Kyle? deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

Maybe a way to get revenge on JJ that Paige thought of to get him thrown in jail have him deal drugs again. Seems like the petty evil female Donovan gene is showing its ugly face in Paige, was a matter of time before she went down the path of Theresa and Eve.

JJ sure will end up with lots of enemies and I'm sure Bev will turn on him Jan Spears style once she gets hurt and she will.

Hmmm, see, I have thought the guy is a cop, or Federal agent. Maybe wants JJ to go undercover in order to get to the person who is bringing all the drugs into Salem.

Now, granted, he could be a bad guy of some kind. But he was always reporting back to someone, that JJ was talking to Kyle, etc. etc. He has seen JJ refusing to deal, to partake, etc.
And as far as Bev goes....she is dating JJ with eyes wide open. She knows he is still hung up on Paige, is o.k. with it. She only wants to hang with JJ, and seems willing to take whatever scraps she can get.

Marlena's comment to Roman at the start of show: "This is insane," could be applied to much of today's episode. This includes more endless blather from the professional sourpuss, the Love Doctor risking his magic surgical paws to punch out Xander, Nicole doing yet another complete 180 away from Dr. McScruffy, the oh-so-smug Xander protesting his innocence, JJ's party brawl with Mr. Wasted and him then getting cuffed by the grey-haired mystery man. As for Anne Milbauer, she really needs to get a life. Helping Jeannie T. with her idiotic plots to stay in the K-mansion or siding with a slimeball like Xander after his one-sided battled with the mighty Love Doctor is the road to nowhere. Perhaps, she needs a vacation back home in Highland Park where people may remember her as the former queen of the local stage.

This is not a nice thing to say, but I laughed out loud when Daniel attacked Xander - looked like a chimp jumping on a gorilla. Of course, since Daniel is the so-called hero, he was able to knock the gorilla to the floor and make bushmeat out of him.

What a ridiculous episode today. The only highlights for me were Roman and Marlena and getting to see Rafe for a minute.

It should be noted that Rory was not in attendance at that lame kegger. Funny, looks like he had better things to do than his "friends". Good for him.

I was actually rooting for Xander while Daniel was beating him up. That's how sick of Daniel I am!:) And I loved when Anne came in--it was an appropriate use of her role until she started name calling. Daniel should be disciplined for that but he won't be.

I've been saying for weeks now that Clyde is going to be murdered and we will have a murder mystery. Looks like we are headed down that path. I also think Ben will end up as a suspect. I think Xander will end up dead too(though I hope not) but we will know who did it. Serena may also end up in the crossfire.

I completely tuned out the teen crap though I don't think the guy cuffing JJ was a cop.

What is Almighty Jonas hiring a lawyer for if no charges were filed against Xander? And yet again, Daniel calls and a character drops everything to go see him.:rolleyes:

I'm glad Nicole had flashbacks of Eric today. I wish they would have had at least one scene together though I suspect they will tomorrow.

I liked Hope's outfit, especially that blouse. And Rafe was on the entire episode. Hallelujah!

I thought Anne was cute the way she was throwing herself at Xander and desperate. We need to get her a man so she stays out of everyone's business.

I agree. I'd love to see her & Lucas date, just in case Jennifer & Daniel get back together. Imagine the Thanksgiving spectacle that would be!! :)

Hmmm, see, I have thought the guy is a cop, or Federal agent. Maybe wants JJ to go undercover in order to get to the person who is bringing all the drugs into Salem....

I suspect this as well. And, I suspect that JJ will go to work for him undercover, trying to be a hero for Paige...but soon Clyde will find him out, and it will put a target on JJ (and add a suspect or two to the Clyde murder list).

...I've been saying for weeks now that Clyde is going to be murdered and we will have a murder mystery. Looks like we are headed down that path. ...
I'm ready for Clyde to leave and for his killer to be awarded a medal. (See above.) :)

...And as far as Bev goes....she is dating JJ with eyes wide open. She knows he is still hung up on Paige, is o.k. with it. She only wants to hang with JJ, and seems willing to take whatever scraps she can get.

See, this may be the first honest relationship in Salem since Tom & Alice!! LOL...I actually like Bev when she's not scheming, but I think ultimately she deserves better than JJ. But for now, neither one of them is lying to, covertly using, or mistreating the other. Which is more than can be said about any other couple in Salem!!

So it appears that the guy following JJ may be a cop. I seem to remember a poster mentioning that very possiblity last week. A rather perceptive poster, who has shown himself to witty and humble. And I'm just hazarding a guess here but I suspect he may be a rather handsome devil as well, I wish I could remember his name. :wink:

Hope and Rafe: I'm going to say something that I have a feeling may be rather controversial around here; indeed may prove to be very unpopular. I am not totally opposed to the idea of something happening between these two. Ouch, come on, if you're going to throw cans at least make sure they no longer have soup in them, that hurts!!

Hear me out; I do like Hope and Aiden but this constantly fighting over Aiden representing He-Who-Must-Not-Named is beyond stale. While Hope realizing she has feelings for Rafe as well wouldn't exactly be new to the soap opera genre it would provide something for Hope and Aiden to do as opposed to the big heap of nothing I feel like they have right now.

On the other hand, I also like the friendship between Hope and Rafe which seems to be the biggest objection against it developing into anything else. I hear that, and I do agree with that, so I'm not saying I necessarily want anything to happen but I am okay with them at least toying with it.

On a side note I have to say I chuckled out loud at Rafe's attempts at distracting the Dixieland Dark Lord. In the annals of pathetic attempts at "small talk" that pretty much took the cake.

Xander: *sigh* When he first appeared I found him intriguing and today I got a real sense of menace coming from him. If only they hadn't tied him to all that Serena silliness, so much more could have been done with him I think. It was just a waste of much potential. *sigh*

It should be noted that Rory was not in attendance at that lame kegger. Funny, looks like he had better things to do than his "friends". Good for him.
Good point. If Rory isn't at an event, which provides free beer, there's something very wrong about it. JJ should definitely check with Rory before he agrees to attend any future Salem social events.
I'm ready for Clyde to leave and for his killer to be awarded a medal. (See above.) :)
OMG, yes. As I once said about shooting EJ back when he was at his very worst, such a murder would be a "public service" killing. Speaking of Clyde, he really needs to hire better help. Admittedly, the sight of Jeremiah at today's kegger would have had panicked students fleeing into the woods, but his current low-level drug dealer seems to be hopelessly ineffective. He looks as if he couldn't sell low-cut dresses to Bluebird, wrap-dresses to Anne, tanning cream to Dr. McScruffy, or concentrated lemon juice to sourpuss Eric.

Ok can we all see the hand writing on the wall? Xander and Daniel are in a fight, Daniel announces in front of plenty of witnesses that he will kill Xander if he doesn't stay away from Nicole. Xander winds up behind the bushes dead, dead, dead. Care to speculate who they question first?

LOL DrBakerFan, yeah, Kyle does come off as a seedy used car salesman that epically fails. He could either end up a suspect or another victim of Clyde's which could lead to his arrest if JJ is involved. With the JJ/Kyle/Clyde perspective.....if JJ gets mixed up with that.....it could be serious danger to not only JJ but as well to Abigail.

Seeing how Ben is Clyde's son and Abby is JJ's sister......then Clyde knows about the affair Abby had with Chad, (Clyde did say under his breath that Abby better stay away from Chad)....it wouldn't surprise me if the 2 Horton siblings end up in some sort of Weston danger.

Perhaps one can speculate Stefano and Chad may play hero for once.

Back