DAYS OF OUR LIVES - Monday, May 26th, 2008

How do I hate Lucas...Let me count the ways. My jaw dropped when he threw 12/29 in Sami's face. Not cool, Convict, not cool.

But then it got me thinking and I came up with two points. First, Lucas says that she could have gotten out of it, yet he has always called it sexual assault ('r' word substitution there). Sexual assault is not something that one can avoid, it is forced upon a person. Essentially he contradicts himself there.

The second point I came to is that Sami did, whatever was done that night with EJ in order to save Lucas. Essentialy, him saying, I wish you never did it is like him saying I wish you never saved me. If I was Sami, I'd start thinking, hmm...Maybe I should have let you rot under that pole. She made a sacrifice and put herself in a situation that most women would not want to be in and he's saying he didn't want it? Jerkface.

Marlena stabbing John with the drugs...What is it with her and guns and needles?

Philip-Nicole-EJ (Oh that brings up some interesting imagery). Loved them. Those three really bounce well of each other. I'm glad that Pookie is all better. I remember when my cat was sick, it's really heartbreaking.

Chloe. Everyone's favourite buxom opera girl. As much as I liked watching her when they still had the 'teen' storyline, I really don't see a point to her now (other than trying to increase the percentage of male viewers). I liked Chloe when she was this smart girl with some bite, now she's just...there. I hope they start writting her a little bit better and give her something else to do other than troll after Philip because right now she really has no purpose. That whole Brady storyline was silly to begin with.

Thanks Poirot for the write up. =)

Ya know.......one of the reasons I do this is because of the really interesting observations made by the readers here. When I started this over a year ago, I thought I would just do a very short recap/summary, because doing this daily takes soooooooo much time. But you all ask these questions, then make these comments, and I just get caught up in it all.....and now the summaries are longer and longer. LOL

That said.....I really find it interesting the reaction to Lucas's "first time" reference (and I was just as shocked and appalled), but no comment at all to the fact he came back immediately apologizing, admitting he was lashing out and trying to hurt her, and he knows better.
I agree with Pie........no point to Chloe except to appear in low cut dresses. There was absolutely no reason for her to come to the Pub, other than to give the character meaningless airtime.
And now we come to Marlena's ever ready syringe. When John comes to, he sure as heck will not be as trusting of her. She betrayed him, in his eyes. do you wonder if this will make him sympathize with Lucas?
The tension prior to her jabbing John would have caused a Slinky to double time down the steps. LOL (think about it. LOL)

I did not like John constantly referring to Lucas as Convict. It was rather humorous the first time....but not after. Writers, listen up! Don't beat a good thing to a pulp. :)

Poirot said:
I did not like John constantly referring to Lucas as Convict. It was rather humorous the first time....but not after. Writers, listen up! Don't beat a good thing to a pulp.

Barb, that's the comment John made that was the final straw for me with the way he's behaving. I thought it was cruel.

But then it got me thinking and I came up with two points. First, Lucas says that she could have gotten out of it, yet he has always called it sexual assault ('r' word substitution there). Sexual assault is not something that one can avoid, it is forced upon a person. Essentially he contradicts himself there.

Lucas has never questioned the fact that Sami was raped because she's never given him a reason to. That obviously changed when he found her having sex with EJ. It's extremely difficult to comprehend how any woman could voluntarily be intimate with her rapist. The logical response is to begin to question whether the original incident was rape. I'm glad that Lucas apologizes right away and I'm certain he still believes Sami's account of that night. However, he shouldn't be raked over the coals for *going there*.

Personally, I thought it was hilarious. I love the 'convict' comment and it's only something RoboJohn could get away with.

I was not a John fan before, I'll admit. He was overacted and that constant eyebrow drove me nuts! Right now though, I really, really love the way he is being written and love how Drake has really changed the character around. It's the same actor, yet he created two completely different people. Kudos to him for a fantastic job well done. I know that many people want to see the old John back, but I for one want that disc gone! The writters have breathed new life into a stale character and he really brought some spice to the show.

Poirot - I know that Lucas came in groveling like a dog afterwards, but I just find his comment really appalling. That was a really low blow. My guess why people are talking about him throwing 12/29 in her face and not the appology is because people react to shocking things more. Just a hypothesis though.

Lucas may have come back & apologized quickly, but the damage was done. He has called her a cheating whore just the day before. How much more of his spiteful, juvinile behavior do we have to tolerate. In the real world, Sami would have personally called the warden to come & get him.
What happened between EJ & Sami the 1st time was settled between them. She has no one to explain her feelings to-especially the man she did it for.
Let us not forget that this whole rape story was poorly written & executed by the writers. In almost every interview the actors have so much said so. Now they need to fix the mess & move on. That being said, we should drop the whole 'was it or was'nt it rape', especially since the characters involved said THEY would never mention it again. If the writers are leading up to a big EJ/Sami love story (I hope) the past has got to be left there.

I guess Marlena was just suppose to stand there and WATCH John attack Roman.:rolleyes: It was obvious that John was out of control and he was going get himself in even more trouble. He wasn't listening to anyone. Sure, he probably will be angry with her at first, but once he see she was trying to help him, I think he'll forgive her.

Sounds like a good show again.

I'm just confused about Sami and Lucas they both say they want to work it out but then Lucas says he can never forgive her then walks out.

Just curious if Sami's feelings for EJ are much stronger than she is telling or willing to admit.

I personally think Lucas needs anger management classes.

:)

This is Lucas' schtick... He was never able to just accept Sami for who she is... she does something he deems not perfect, comes in, calls her all kind of ugly names and they separate for a while... then Sami gets down on her hands and knees and begs for forgiveness- which he finally grants after making her suffer long enough- but never says "Oh yeah- I'm sorry for calling you a ***** and whore!" He gets off scott free... I've got news for him... he's no prize pig himself!!!

But Lucas did apologize already.......and I DO think it was horrible of him to have said those things. One thing about Lucas and Sami is that they know each other very well, and have loved each other, warts and all. Lucas has forgiven a lot, Sami has too.
And Sami has forgiven EJ a lot....and he certainly has done a great deal. I do not think Sami has done to EJ anywhere near what he has done to her.......however she obviously has chosen to forgive him and that is that.
Whereever this story goes now, we will see. I just do not want this Day Ahead Summary to be turned into another Lucas vs EJ nasty debate. Thank you.

Rebecca Rose- you took the words out of my mouth. That Sami/Lucas-yell at her, belittle her, leave her, she comes crawling back, he thinks he is so forgiving"-enough already. Lets hope the writers get the message that the viewers are on to the formula and are sooooooo tired of it. Lets have these characters act 'outside the box'

Let Lucas & Sami say...I am finally through with you...I am moving on. Hopefully they can do it in 10-12 juicy episodes and not 1 scene.

Agree With Pie

This is my first post but I have been reading days ahead for some time and I have followed DOOL from when Hope was born.

I don't care for characters who are just there. Writers need to strive to give each character an interesting twist. The best examples of this is Calliope Jones and Eugene Bradford and the black magic voodoo story line. Sometimes I wonder if the writers rely too much on pretty faces and the hope there will be some sort of chemistry. They need to think outside the box. We have had enough of triangles, illness, yelling etc.. Lets have a little mystery and intrigue and a few more positives! There is some great acting talent that goes to waste that occasionally gets showcased with a new storyline. I also wonder if some of this is tied up in contracts where certain veterans only get to show their face x number of times a month?

NuJohn is great by the way. I like the chemistry between Sami and EJ but I think he will do her wrong eventually. I would not put up with Lucas.

I also want to mention that I enjoy the write ups very much. I work during the day and am unable to watch.

But Lucas did apologize already.......and I DO think it was horrible of him to have said those things. One thing about Lucas and Sami is that they know each other very well, and have loved each other, warts and all. Lucas has forgiven a lot, Sami has too.
And Sami has forgiven EJ a lot....and he certainly has done a great deal. I do not think Sami has done to EJ anywhere near what he has done to her.......however she obviously has chosen to forgive him and that is that.
Whereever this story goes now, we will see. I just do not want this Day Ahead Summary to be turned into another Lucas vs EJ nasty debate. Thank you.
ICAM! We had enough of that last year!:rolleyes:

Lucas moving on

And struggle Sami is doing. On Friday, her flipping out when the wine arrives from Nicole for EJ....is very telling. Here she is, trying to tell Lucas how she loves him, and right in front of him, she is immediately the jealous and indignant wife to EJ. LOL

I really love Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) but I am tired of them fighting constantly. These two could be a GREAT Super Couple if the writers would give them the chance. However since it seems to be the same old storyline for them.....Lucas needs to be able to have a great romance and let Sami get burned by EJ. Even though there is great passion between EJ and Sami, from the little hints we have been getting, Lucas is right EJ is still manipulating everything.

I want the old John back now.

I would love to see Phiip with Morgan!! I already see the fire. I think she would be the one he would truely fall for and that she is his match. And he sees Chloe and Nicole for exactly what they are. By the way, I used to not like Nicole, Love her since she has been back, loved the old Chloe and I cant stand what they have done with her character.

Max and Stephanie are ok...I guess.....but will they have a connection if she no longer has "crisis" going on. The writers need to do more with these two as the current sl is getting stale

Still dont really like Dr Dan/ Chelsea sl... they could do much better for each of these characters......separately

Can everyone see where things are going with Lexie and Abe.....AGAIN!? I just keep waiting to see who she will be jumping in bed with THIS time. The therapist?? Dr Dan??

Cant THEY be a stable couple?? Does Abe deserve this?? One good thing that could come from this is that Celeste could come back!!! Seems anytime Lexie is destroying her marriage, Celeste rides in and tells her what a mistake she is making. I was hoping that after they brought her out of "the caverns" they would have done something great with this couple.

Love seeing Marlena being strong again! Love seeing Hope back in action! I hope they do some great writing for Ava, Tamara Braun is an amazing actress and needs a great sl.

By the way, Philip is one of the BEST actors on the show!! (not to mention HOT HOT HOT!)

Yep, the Indy is on right now, Sunday afternoon. There should be a show Monday.

I am not quite sure what is going on with Abe & Lexie. We could speculate a lot. They both were rather "cheated" last year when Abe had to be written out and then only return for short periods. But tho Abe had done an "all is forgiven" to Lexie, she could be still guilt ridden over her affair with Tek. Or suffering repercussions from being a prisoner in that dark tunnel for 6 months. Heck she comes out of there, and suddenly her past indiscretions at the hospital are forgiven, and she is not only reinstated, but made Chief of Staff. Rather monumental (personally, I do not think Lexie is qualified, but that is just me).
It will be interesting to see where this goes. If the marriage problems are due to Abe and Lexie themselves, or an actual problem that Theo has.......or both!

Thank you for the write up evetyday. I don't know how you do it... just want to say i love the new John.......

This is only my second post and I'm a little nervous that I'll mess up, but here goes: I think EJ knows that Sami has strong feelings for him and that she denies it to herself because she would feel guilty if she admitted them. That's why he doesn't give up on her. And is anyone but me getting really tired of the Lucas/Sami conversations/arguments/whatever? It's always the same old things. They just don't have much chemistry between them (if they ever did).
Speaking of which, Dr Dan and Chelsea just don't make it as a couple. No chemistry there, either.
Back to EJ, I was disappointed with him for making out with Nicole in the sauna. He was kind of leading Nicole on, until he finally told her that he loves Sami. That seemed like kind of a betrayal of Sami to me.
Also, I'm always enjoying your summaries, Barb, and hope you keep them coming!

DOOL fan since day 1:welcome:...Don't be nervous dearie. You will have fun here.

I totally agree with you about EJAMI. Lucas irks me and I just hate the banter between Lucas and Sami.

I feel so sorry for John and wish he would get that DISC back so we could see the REAL JOHN again. ShaSha:smile:

Back