DAYS OF OUR LIVES - Monday, May 26th, 2008

Betrayal?

I hope the sedative bit doesn't ruin it for John & Marlena. Of course she can always tell him she did it so he wouldn't get into more trouble. Let's hope he believes her.

This is my first time posting, but I want to thank you for the enlightening conversations about each Days Ahead posting. I do get to watch everyday and this just helps me to look forward to the next show.

:welcome:tis always good to see new peeps:welcome:

I know we don't discuss the "R" scene here but did I understand that in the days ahead Lucas told Sami she wanted it the first time? Is he refering to December episode? I was kind of impartial up to this point but if it is true what I thought I read he would be living in the dog house outside the DiMera mansion that is totally uncalled for and would drive me away from him even if he didnt yell it.

What if John were to awaken from the sedative having had some memory-inducing dreams?! Guess he's not faking his deprogramming ... It's so sad that Lucas called Sami a whore. She has never technically cheated on any husband that I can recall -- but her explanation about EJ is just indicative of her very mixed emotions -- understandable but also infuriating. EJ is charming, for sure -- I think since she knows he loves her, she couldn't resist but that would NOT be an acceptable answer for Lucas!

nice show summary poirot thanks and glad you have your feed back..

my musings:

well again dena is soaking both fan bases..and i both love it and hate it.

when lucas finally gives in and tells sami what he has always thought about 12/29 i was like ok..game over..

but then back he comes and once again, the take no b.s sami is back to being an overcooked string of pasta with him,

i have often heard people say that lucas is the only thing that gives sami any humanity..but i say that sami is what makes lucas in human..and absolutely unlikeable to so many. separate them!!

I know we don't discuss the "R" scene here but did I understand that in the days ahead Lucas told Sami she wanted it the first time? Is he refering to December episode? I was kind of impartial up to this point but if it is true what I thought I read he would be living in the dog house outside the DiMera mansion that is totally uncalled for and would drive me away from him even if he didnt yell it.

ITA. from what I read he was refering to December and I am a well known LUMI fan but I just don't think I can get over Lucas saying that to her. I know that the "R" word gets things heated on here but the bottem line is that is was unwanted contact and Sami was forced to make a decision to save Lucas's life and then he throws it in her face. I am thinking "You idiot, GROW UP!!!!" I think the Dog house is too good for him right now. Calling her names is one thing, but the make the victim responsible in this case is just plain WRONG.

I have to say that some of things Lucas has said to Sami were appauling. But in reverse, the lame excuses Sami is flinging back are just cause. Lucas is hurt and is lashing, Sami is bewildered by the events of the last 12 hours, not really understanding herself the whys and wherefores.

The writers certainly have listened to viewer complaints, and seem to have thrown it all out there, for both of them to say. My mouth dropped when Lucas made the crack about "the first time", and I bet Bryan struggled with having to say that.

This is not over yet, of course, not for Sami, not for Lucas, and certainly not for EJ. There is probably going to be a lot more slings and arrows.

OMG! I never get to watch the show and rely on this to keep up, but my son was sick and I was home today. I can't believe how much better these write ups are than the actual show. I am kind of glad that I don't get to watch and rely on this site. Thank you so much for keeping all of us up to date and for making it so interesting.

I am not sure what to think of Marlena and the meds, I am sure that she has been carying them around since she got John out of the hospital to take to Ireland with her. Kind of shocking, but hopefully John understands why she did it.

Interesting how they have played Sami and Lucas and EJ. And good for the writers for mixing the cast up, adding other people to the story line.

OMG! I never get to watch the show and rely on this to keep up, but my son was sick and I was home today. I can't believe how much better these write ups are than the actual show. I am kind of glad that I don't get to watch and rely on this site. Thank you so much for keeping all of us up to date and for making it so interesting.

I am not sure what to think of Marlena and the meds, I am sure that she has been carying them around since she got John out of the hospital to take to Ireland with her. Kind of shocking, but hopefully John understands why she did it.

Interesting how they have played Sami and Lucas and EJ. And good for the writers for mixing the cast up, adding other people to the story line.

It's not really anything new for her to have those meds with her. Even when they were on Melaswen, there was a medical bag that was supposedly hers full of stuff for her to give Hope at one point. She's had her medical bag around and handy at convenient times for a while. I don't think it's anything suspicious.

Marlena carries hers around more than Lexie.......and certainly more than Dr. Jonas, who never has one. LOL

Well after reading about Mondays show it goes to show the level of disrespect that Sami and Lucas have toward each other. If you really love someone the respect needs to be there or else the love is not real. Sami needs to start learning how to be a real woman. She has a daughter and has to set an example for her. Her daughter cannot see that her father treats her mother with such disrespect. She will assume that men can treat women like that. On the other hand, as horrible as EJ is he at least treats Sami with respect and treats her daughter the same. I understand that Lucas is hurt about Sami sleeping with EJ but grow-up, Lucas. Even Shawn had more respect for Belle when he found out about her and Philip. He needs some anger management classes and to move on without Sami. Learn to be "civilized" as EJ said.

I don't want anyone to take this as me bashing the actors because I'm not. But...I wonder sometimes if the actors don't get the memo as far as who the character loves. Sometimes I feel like the writing is pulling the story toward the EJAMI pairing but maybe the actors are still playing it LUMI. USually you can tell which couple is the end game, but it's really hard to tell with this particular triangle. I just feel like the acting doesn't necessarily go with the writing. If EJAMI were where they were headed, I don't think LUMI would be having civil conversations about EJAMI sleeping together, and I don't think we would feel like Sami really does love Lucas. He would seem more like an obligation. Sami being jealous of Nicole and EJ doesn't mean much to me. Sami is jealous of any woman that's with a man. She always has been.

Well, gee willikers! That's the drama and the romance and what keeps us hooked! Lumi fans are saying yes yes yes...then oh no no no! Ejami fans are saying no no no, then yes yes yes! I think the BIG point here is that Sami really doesn't know either. Going over it in her own mind, she loves Lucas, but how does she explain her feelings for EJ?

My personal take (from one that has been cheated on) - is that Lucas loves Sami and wants to find a way to be with her, but he can't move on until he feels vindicated. I think he wants Sami, but is afraid that maybe she really doesn't want him. He doesn't want to forgive and then look like a fool.

I also think EJ is being the eternal optimist, and is refusing to believe that he might lose Sami to Lucas. It's much easier for him to be rational because he isn't the wounded party (although I thought it was great the way JS cringed when Sami said she didn't love him and loved Lucas. What a slap that must have felt like!)

I can see this going either way and I love not knowing. Which makes this particular triangle MUCH more interesting then the ones in the past. I applaud the writers for actually attempting to resolve the 3some storyline on an emotional level. Before it seemed to eternally drag out...we all knew who would come out on top...and some silly plot device was used to end the storyline when they painted themselves in a corner. Kudos to the current writers!

I don't think EJ should be surprised to hear Sami say she doesn't love him. He can't be so naive to think that just because they scrumped, she loves him. On the contrary, she has always made it clear that she doesn't love him. I was glad to see that look on his face when he heard her say that. It's what he gets for trying to force someone to love him.

On the other hand, as horrible as EJ is he at least treats Sami with respect

Ok - first off...this is not defense of Lucas or slam of EJ....just my observation on this issue.

Here, to me, is the contrast I see:

EJ treats Sami with respect on the surface - the way he speaks to her, the way he treats her, etc. However, under the surface his behaviors can be very disrespectful - ie - paying Nicole to testify, manipulating her by asking Nicole to try and make her jealous. Although he is very upfront about his feelings, his methods still are questionable. EJ still does what it takes to get what he wants. Just like Sami.

Lucas can speaks very disrespectfully to Sami. I think the "lying whore" comment was a bad bad call on the part of the writers. Just not appropriate to use those terms ever. Just like the "my ex-****". Not liking that stuff. He is always willing to assume that Sami did something wrong, but again, this can be justified somewhat by their history. However, Lucas has shown true dedication to Sami in many situations. He respects (although disagrees often) with her opinion, and although he may confront her, he will usually call her on something in private. I think Lucas has a desire for their relationship to move onto a more mature level, but so far they've been sidetracked every time they make progress. I think they really understand each other, and sometimes that is where the distrust comes from. They both know what the other is capable of. Lucas understands love but not real trust. Just like Sami.

I am just loving John. Marlena is waaayyy wrong to inject him again, knowing his feelings about people taking control of him against his will But Marlena always thinks she knows best, and thinks that justifies doing whatever she wants. So does Roman. Poor Sami has the genetic cards stacked against her....LOL Also loving that John is sooo enjoying discovering all the little secrets and quirks about his family that he is finding out. And that he loves pointing out how wierd they are. LOL

I don't think EJ should be surprised to hear Sami say she doesn't love him. He can't be so naive to think that just because they scrumped, she loves him. On the contrary, she has always made it clear that she doesn't love him. I was glad to see that look on his face when he heard her say that. It's what he gets for trying to force someone to love him.

I agree there...he shouldn't be surprised. But that is part of EJ's charm...he is just arrogant enough to believe he CAN make someone love him. He ignores what Sami says, and keeps pushing what he perceives as the truth. (Not saying Sami does or doesn't love EJ - just that EJ believes she does.)

I think Sami does love EJ. Even Lucas said that she wouldn't have slept with him if she didn't. And mentioning that would be something Nicole would do.

Sami only said that because Lucas was in the room. Sami is hard headed she is not ready to say those feelings out loud because she thinks it is wrong but can't help feeling the way she does.

I guess we'll all see in time.

It's getting good. :smile:

I am so tired of Sami letting Lucas treat her like dirt, YET, she would never let anyone else speak to her like that. I personally hate Lucas-always have. I just find his character grating, sniveling whiny. ugh. I do LOVE EJ. I think he truly loves Samantha. He is unbelieveably optomistic that she will come around, but, every time she says No NO NO, she turns around and says or does something to show she cares. She has him by the nose & knows it. Maybe not consciously, since she is too wrapped up in "Oh Lucas, I am so sorry Lucas.."" yeah yeah yeah.
Let me just say...I have been happily married for 15 years & have 2 kids-good times & not so good times. IF my husband ever spoke to me like Lucas does...I would be out the door-no questions asked.

I believe you are wrong if you think that Sami doesn't love EJ. She most certainly does. Even Lucas said that she wouldn't have slept with him if she didn't. And mentioning that would be something Nicole would do.

Sami only said that because Lucas was in the room. Sami is hard headed she is not ready to say those feelings out loud because she thinks it is wrong but can't help feeling the way she does.

I never said Sami doesn't love EJ. I said Sami doesn't understand love. I think that is part of the fun. She is really torn. It wouldn't be nearly as interesting if she didn't have feelings for both. Hope the writers really work this out well. One of my grudges is that they cheated Lumi out of a happy ending after all that build up. Whether she ends up with EJ or Lucas...Just write it so she picks the right one and give us some romance and happiness for a couple for a change!!

You are right, we will see in time.

I believe you are wrong if you think that Sami doesn't love EJ. She most certainly does. Even Lucas said that she wouldn't have slept with him if she didn't. And mentioning that would be something Nicole would do.

Sami told EJ before Lucas got home and after they scrumped that it was just sex and it did not change her feeling for him. She still loves Lucas. I do think that she cares for EJ because of his affection toward her babies but that don't mean she loves him.

Back