Days of our Lives - Monday, November 13, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
32 minutes long

Jada in the roach motel sitting on the bed, Rafe finds her and Jada chews him out for not looking for Leo and Dimitri. They took her gun and her car. She’s a failure.

Nicole and EJ chatting in the car just prior to the crash.

The crash.

Eric runs into Tate who wants to know when he can meet the baby. Eric tells him that he wants to see his child first.

Replay of Sloan freaking out over losing the adoptive baby.

Dimitri and Leo survive the crash. They argue about just leaving or trying to help the other driver.

Nicole in her car, moans to Leo, calling out are you okay? Oddly her driver's side window is broken, but no other damage other than the air bag deployment, but then we only see the back half of the car.

EJ in a panic on the phone and Holly walks in, overhearing panicked EJ on the phone. EJ tells Holly to not overreact and he rushes out not knowing where Nicole is but he the all-powerful EJ will find her. Holly is to stay home and answer the phone. No matter what, stay home by the phone. Holly, a teen who always follows the rules, knows her mom has been in an accident, yet this will go well.

Roach Coach Motel, Jada tells Rafe that she is alive only because of Leo. Jada tries to prove to Rafe she’s fine, tries to walk but collapses. Proving Rafe’s point, he insists she goes to the hospital.

Sloan having a fit over losing the baby, that she didn’t know she was getting 5 minutes ago.

Eric is also telling Tate how exciting it is he’s going to be a father, something he’s always wanted. Hard to buy when months ago this guy was a priest sworn to celibacy

Leo and Dimitri stand outside the car with Nicole in it and argue about what they should do.

At the hospital, the nurse went to see that the doctor would be arriving soon. Jada explains that she was driving her car and not the department vehicle so they can’t track it. She feels she has failed. No, she’s just been in Salem long enough to become useless. Rafe tells her not to worry, it happens, we all stop becoming effective and thinking officers. Rafe assures Jada they will find those two idiots. Please don’t put money on it.

Nicole is now out of the car, holding her head and back. Dimitri wants to leave; Leo wants to help.

Sloan’s baby is being kept by the mom. The mom googled Sloan and determined that she will be a terrible mother.

Eric and Tate say their goodbyes as Holly "no matter what, stay by the phone comes into the pub girl" walks into the pub. She’s a wreck because she thinks something has happened to her mom.

More stupid Dimitri and Leo banter

Nicole recognizes them and realizes that the baby is coming, the stabbing violin music through the scene is annoying.

Rafe is on the phone directing officers to search locations looking for Leo and Dimitri when EJ runs in demands police drop everything to find Nicole. Rafe takes this well.

Nicole tells Leo that he has to deliver the baby.

Sloan finds out that the baby’s mother is a very moral person, so moral she is having a child out of wedlock, but I do understand accidents happen, but perhaps moral isn’t a word they should have used in this situation. But moral mommy Googled Sloan and doesn’t want that person to raise her child. Melinda tells Sloan that this may take time. They discuss Eric’s baby waiting to be born.

Holly explains to Tate and Eric why she left the house. After much useless conversation, Tate tells Holly his parents made him turn on the Location tracking on his phone so they know where he is every minute of the day. Holly, after hearing that, has a light bulb moment and realizes her mother has that turned on her phone too and starts playing with her phone. Eric is all concerned. Holly finds her mom, a dot on the road.

Leo gives Lamaze lessons, more stupid baby delivery sketch. Not funny, not mildly amusing. Highly annoying.

Rafe’s police department isn’t stopping everything to search for Nicole. EJ takes it well.

Hysterically, Melinda tells Sloan she’s not thinking rationally. Sloan has decided to tell Eric about Nicole’s baby being his, in case ANYONE is brand new to this show today or had forgotten this fact. Sloan has figured out that she is radioactive. She has figured out she shouldn’t have even been in the race. Eric wants to be a dad more than anything else in the world.

Holly, Tate, and Eric figure out where Nicole is but the last time the site was updated was 45 minutes ago.

Nicole is holding her son. Leo and Dimitri are so proud of themselves. Somewhere they found a red plaid blanket to wrap doll-in-blanket. A new blanket appears after the commercial break. Weird. Leo feels important. Nicole interrupts the boys, she needs to get the baby to the hospital. They don’t want to move Nicole because they don’t know how badly she's injured.

Leo talks Dimitri into taking the baby to the hospital. Leo will wait till the ambulance arrives. Leo explains to Nicole that she has to let the baby go. I’m guessing they’ve delivered the placenta and tied off the umbilical. Doll-in-blanket is handed off to Dimitri, who takes him to the hospital. Leo and Nicole sit by her crashed car.

Rafe and Jada argue over the doctor’s insistence that Jada stay in the hospital overnight. We never see the doctor, nor the nurse, guess it wasn’t a Kayla or Sarah film day.

EJ is on the phone, yelling at the person to get their reporters out searching the streets. EJ and Rafe thump chests each saying their cause is more important than the other. Dimitri with doll-in-blanket walks in and out of this scene. EJ goes to find Nicole himself, so there, humph!

Sloan and Melinda talk about the fantasy world of telling Eric the truth.

Leo is giving Nicole some water, Eric arrives to Nicole, she tells Eric she has had the baby. Nicole is dazed and foggy.

Holly has returned home with the hard-working Tate. Holly checks her phone again. She misses her mommy. Holly and Tate hug.

Rafe comes into the exam room to talk with Jada who has left the hospital.

Leo is in the park he is looking for Dimitri. Jada shows up.

Eric talks with Nicole, who now has forgotten who took the baby.

Sloan and Melinda continue to have the same useless conversation. Sloan opens the door to Dimitri, who is holding Nicole’s doll-in-blanket.

Doll-in-Blanket is very happy with all of their scenes today.

ad805a0768bb3dd92b896d6f45afb7ea.jpg

For one thing, it doesn't seem like they can actually afford babies.
Do you mean the show? Having live babies on the set is always expensive due to all the extra people who are required to be there. And if you don't have to see an actual baby, it's not a big deal to wrap up a doll in a blanket and call it good. Most TV shows and movies just use dolls wrapped in blankets. Cheaper and you don't have to worry about them crying/fussing/etc. when you're trying to tape a scene and holding up production.

Thanks, Robin. You got a short show today. Less stuff to complain about!

I, too, am in the dark with Dimitri bringing the baby to Sloan. Had he not heard Rafe talking about him, whole other plot, where things would have worked out for a change. But, as always, "duh plot" dictates this foolishness.

Dimitri does not know about the baby's real paternity, so what is the Sloan/Eric connection? I guess we will find out, though who knows how long it will take.

I hope the word "comforting," as in Tate comforting Holly, has no other meaning. She is not interested in him, but as these things go, any port in a storm.

It truly is despicable that they are going to mess up yet another baby story for Nicole. There are no words.

Do you mean the show? Having live babies on the set is always expensive due to all the extra people who are required to be there. And if you don't have to see an actual baby, it's not a big deal to wrap up a doll in a blanket and call it good. Most TV shows and movies just use dolls wrapped in blankets. Cheaper and you don't have to worry about them crying/fussing/etc. when you're trying to tape a scene and holding up production.
Back in the 80's, they had Roman and Marlena's twins in a scene. They may have been 18 mos. The little boy was bawling at the top of his lungs! You could tell they were hurrying the scene. Bo shuddered and utterered "jeez". It was pretty funny to watch. Actually, aside from being pretty funny, thanks to Dimitri and Leo, the birth was awfully sterile! All I could think of was the afterbirth and Nicole. Oh well, guess we aren't supposed to know any more than a 4 yr. old.

Last edited:
Back in the 80's, they had Roman and Marlena's twins in a scene. They may have been 18 mos. The little boy was bawling at the top of his lungs! You could tell they were hurrying the scene. Bo shuddered and utterered "jeez". It was pretty funny to watch. Actually, aside from being pretty funny, thanks to Dimitri and Leo, the birth was awfully sterile! All I could think of was the afterbirth and Nicole. Oh well, guess we aren't supposed to know any more than a 4 yr. old.
Yes, they do use real babies at times. They used them more often in the past, before their budget was slashed and slashed and slashed again. Now, unless seeing a live baby is vital to a scene, they tend to use a blanket-wrapped doll.

I am shocked that Dimitri just handed over a baby without trying to sell it first. Of course, that will come, but I am glad to know that Nicole knows her baby is alive. I just hope the parentage comes out soon. Actually, EJ and Sloan would be an OK couple. Both with serious ethics and non-existent scruples, they might be good.

I am not a Jada fan. And really not a Jada/Rafe fan.

Thank goodness it wasn't a head-on crash. I gotta say I loved Leo delivering the baby.

Why on earth is Dimitri at Sloan's? Does it make sense and I'm just dense? Because you know Sloan is going to tell Eric this is the baby they are adopting. Crazy! Can't Nicole just give birth to a healthy baby and be happy?

Thanks, robin.

How did Dimitri drive the car holding the baby? Maybe he put the baby on the floor of the car.

And of all the people Dimitri took the baby, is that woman Sloan. Maybe Dimitri thought he should take
the baby to a lawyer. Dimitri knows Sloan's reputation and she wouldn't say where she got the baby
since she would be his lawyer.

I enjoyed Holly talking to Eric. Glad someone remembered Eric was like a father until she grew up overnight.

Will Nicole remember what happened to the baby?

Back