Days of our Lives - Monday, November 6, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
35 minutes of repeat conversations, uggy faces

Stephanie and Everett talk and then hug, and Chad walks up.

Ava gives Tripp a lava cake to go. Tripp and Wendy had dinner at Ava’s.

Harris comes up to Wendy, who is trying to get a hold of her brother. Li isn’t responding.

Stefan walks in to see Gabi kneeling by Li with a knife. Yes, Gabi is holding the weapon because she has forgotten being in prison before.

Stephanie introduces Everett to Chad, Everett says "yes, I’m her boyfriend." Chad gets all green-eyed jealous monster on him. Chad claims that Everett treated her like dirt. Pot meet kettle.

Gil and Ava blah blah about Tripp and running a drug front, Harris walks in and looks serious

Wendy and Tripp continue to discuss what Gabi did to Li, blackmailing, et al., while standing in the town square holding a baggie of Llava cake. It’s terrible how Gabi stabbed Li in the back, quips Wendy.

Stefan and Gabi talk stock shares over the body of Li. Li lured Gabi to the apartment with news he signed fake shares, he still has all the real shares. But that’s not the case, claims Stefan.

Everett explains to Chad where he has been for the past year or so. Chad doesn’t believe a word of it, because he is Chad the all mighty.

Harris and Ava and Gil continue to blah blah double speak about it being a drug front. Harris doesn’t like Gil.

Wendy and Tripp small talk in the square about how upset Li was feeling. In case you forgot about everything about the Li/Gabi story. They FINALLY decide to go home and share their lava cake with Li

Stefan and Gabi discuss how stupid Gabi was for touching the knife. Who stabbed Li if it wasn’t Gabi?

Roman, Brady and Marlena are eating frozen cake from the freezer, discuss the wedding of Eric and Sloan. Roman goes home, Marlena and Brady discuss how untrustworthy Gabi and Stefan are.

Stefan and Gabi discuss how Li set up Gabi for his murder.

Everett and Chad continue to have a really silly conversation about ownership of Stephanie’s favors. Chad is upset that Stephanie didn’t tell him Everett came by the apartment the night before. Poor Chad.

Harris thinks Gil is too slick, so Harris asks if he’s being too overprotective?

Stefan and Gabi continue to talk about who stabbed Li. Eventually Tripp and Wendy walk in, Wendy screams.

Brady tells the sad tale of woe about blackmailing Kristen. Brady tells Marlena she was correct about everything.

Wendy becomes angry about Gabi killing her brother, Tripp says no, Li’s still alive.

Stephanie tries to defend herself to Chad. Why? Chad tries to make nice. Everett talks of sticking around Salem. Smirky Chad is feeling uncomfortable.

Harris and Ava talk about a kiss, and the promise he made to take her out to dinner, once they got their lives together. Ava is worried about her job becoming a problem. Harris tells her that it’s only 1 dinner and possibly a dessert. With the offer of a dinner plus a dessert seals the deal.

Tripp finally yells, at the murder club to call 911, he can’t help Li alone.

Everett tells of working for the Spectator as he has medical bills to pay off. Everett hopes he and Chad can be friends. Stephanie looks at Chad with complete disdain.

Harris talks of failing to catch Leo and Dimitri. Ava gives him atta boys.

Gabi and Stefan continue to stand in the apartment after EMS took Li away.

Li is now moaning loudly in the ER. He is on his side on the table. Wendy sits on the bed and talks to Li. Li says don’t leave me. Li moans and flatlines.

Gil and Ava discuss Ava being careful when talking with a cop. A new shipment is coming in and Gil wants Ava to supervise the unloading. She leaves her phone on a table because everyone does that when they leave a public place so she misses the text from Tripp saying call me before you come home, there’s been a stabbing at the apartment.

Stephanie and Chad talk. Chad is angrily discussing being friends with Everett. Chad compares Alex and Everett. Stephanie is confused by Chad. This is a totally bizarre conversation. Between two people who last month were deeply in love. Stephanie tries to stand up for herself. But Chad gets his baby boy panties in a twist. Chad tries to talk his way out of it. Stephanie leaves to go home.

Wendy can’t believe Li is dead. Tripp says they did everything they could. Everything appears to have been putting on a heart monitor, and turning Li on his side.

Gabi and Stefan chat calmly in the living room where the almost dead body of Li was minutes/hours ago. Gabi can’t believe she didn’t call 911. Harris arrives, breaks the news that Li didn’t make it. Apparently, Li told Wendy/Tripp/the nurse that Gabriella Hernandez DiMera stabbed him. Harris arrests Gabi.

So, EJ has a good alibi, he was busy getting married. But I assume he is behind Li's murder. Did he have time to plant the fake text message to Gabi, luring her to Li's apartment? Did his henchman have time to commit the murder before Gabi got there? Did Li really name Gabi???? We didn't see that. Will IT genius Wendy be able to find out who actually did send the message to Gabi? So many questions.

After watching Monday's episode, am I the only one who did not hear Li name Gabi as his killer?

Harris told Gabi that he had just spoken to the hospital, and said Li had named her.

The only thing I heard out of Li's mouth in the hospital was him moaning in pain, and saying don't leave me, supposedly to his sister, but wondering if it was meant to say to Gabi. He looked like he was out of it when he said it.

Also was wondering if Li actually committed suicide, in his altered mental state, to frame Gabi, as his final bow :head scratch: :head scratch:.

I was trying to remember if Days had ever done a suicide story, and one that was actually carried out? Depressing, yes, and very personal but the state of mind he was in, it's definitely in the realm of possibilities.

I'm sure Days will have a few people that will be wrongly accused of killing Li, and the story will drag on for months, and Salem PD will most likely go from wrong person, to wrong person, ad nauseam, till it's finally revealed in a flashback, to the viewers, followed by many near misses at finding the killer, and eventually the Keystone cops will finally get the real killer (probably about sweeps time next year). Heck watch it end up being one of Clyde's henchmen, for some stupid far-fetched reason that makes no sense. He's done it before with Abigail, why not Li? :rotfl:

I’m not at all pleased with the demise of Li who still had potential as a character. The only way that his death could be a plus is if his grief stricken, infuriated father strips Gabi and Zero of their company shares and names EJ permanent president. This would finally put an end to the annoying, interminable plotting over control of DiMera shares.

Not saying it wouldn't be difficult to do, stabbing yourself in the back, but could be done. But maybe he had someone help him do it, which technically would still be murder, even as an assisted suicide, but who knows with Days. I understand it's reaching, but it would be the ultimate "screw you" to Gabi, to know that she drove him to this, and he would definitely get the last word by doing it. Wouldn't put it past Li to get Rolf involved, since he's in the area again anyway.

EJ would be another good suspect. He has no use for Li, but killing Li, or having him killed, and framing Gabi for it would make perfect sense. He hates her, and would love to have revenge. What better way then to get rid of dead weight (pun intended), get rid of his nemesis Gabi, and neutralize Stefan, all in one blow. Probably a red herring though.

Please send Stephanie, Chad and Everett to Timbuktu! Chad makes me ill. and I sure don't like Everett. (I have a nephew Everett, great guy). Gabi is supposed to be so smart, but she grabs the knife and then stands there holding it. It would destroy any other prints on the knife.

If I was a customer at the place Ava works, I would wonder why that guy was so grouchy with her.

I was trying to remember if Days had ever done a suicide story, and one that was actually carried out?
I can't remember any characters who actually committed suicide They've had characters attempt suicide, but none were successful. (unless there was a random bit-part character that I'm not remembering; Jason47 would know)

On the reboot of Dallas, JR Ewing found out he was terminally ill, so he had the guy who did his dirty work shoot and kill him, then frame Cliff Barnes for his "murder." JR left a letter for Bobby telling him what he did.

Am guessing they were just referring to the 2012 reboot, when it was written in 2022. They love confusing people.
1699307340306.png

If you watch the above YouTube video (just a minute and 1/2) you will see it says 2022. It is the opening of Dallas

Back