Days of Our Lives - Monday, Sept. 16, 2013

Nice to see "wandering" Hope today. We also saw "once in awhile" Kayla.

Question of the day. Will Marge and Timmy get to keep the money?

I enjoyed Melinda's questioning of Adrienne. She kept talking
about coincidence about finding the video and passbook.
I guess Melinda forgot "It's Salem".

It was funny how fast the weather changed from smoothie
weather to hot chocolate weather.

Today we saw several jury member's faces.

Chad and Abby may not have safe sex, but Abby was telling
Chad ok I'm ready now since she was wearing PJs :D

Abby is going to get a surprise when she leaves. It's going
to be too cold for that outfit.

This entire trial has been boring and contrived, and I will be so thrilled when it is over. The constant whispering between Sami and EJ is beyond dumb; if anyone should be whispering it should be Justin and Sami. Ej as a defense attorney.... ugh.. there are no words. The best part today was the look on EJ's face when he realized his stupid plot #3 had been foiled.

Abby and Chad... I could really care less.

Kate Mansi (Abby) and Casey Moss (JJ) did well in their scenes . in fact they rocked the show. Too bad they put that ugly print outfit on Abigail.

I hope we never have to see that horrible cut out dress on Melissa Reeves (Jennifer), again. Come on now wardrobe... that was just awful.

I've been a huge fan of Missy Reeves' Jennifer ever since I started watching the show back in 1987. I was literally blown away by the way they scripted her ultimate redemption of the irredeemable Jack Devereaux. Back in those days, rape (Jack - Kayla) didn't get such an easy pass on Days. Jack had to crawl over broken glass and hot coals and do a lot of serious soul searching before he was deemed worthy of true love. And he did. But I digress.

I mourned each time Missy left and I rejoiced each time she came back. But the last few times her character has been so badly trashed that I'm beginning to wish they'd left us with the memory of the Jennifer we all knew and loved. Jennifer and Hope are the closest direct links to Alice Horton on Days. They should be grooming them to someday assume the role of matriarch of the Horton clan. Instead, they've sidelined Hope and transformed Jenn into a selfish ditz whose main attractions seem to be her muscular arms and hyperactive neck (and all of her outfits seem to be selected with that and nothing else in mind).

I don't watch the show any more but I do sometimes watch the video excerpts here, which is more than enough. Honestly I usually find the summaries here much more interesting than the show itself.

Sorry. I went a little OT there.

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum....JS

As to the surprise witness..I am not a lawyer, but if I played on on TV I would insist on getting a list of the opposing sides witnesses in advance.

I never got to see the show, but I thought that was the law....that the opposition had to be informed of all witnesses, evidence, etc. before hand. ???

Really appreciate the summary, thanks js.....

Depositions are usually done before a trial starts, but remember the special prosecutor tried to get a continuance/postponement so that they could investigate the $100,000 that showed up in Timmy's account. EJ pressed Justin into fighting the continuance before they could find out the money was planted. So if the continuance had been granted, maybe Justin would have had a chance to question the FBI agent before he took the stand.

I found this on a legal website: "Not every case needs to have depositions taken. It depends on the facts and issues." I think DrBakerFan has some knowledge of the legal system and could maybe confirm/refute this.

Since the bank account deposit had already been entered into evidence, it makes sense that the FBI agent was allowed to testify even if he wasn't on the original list of witnesses. This all comes back to EJ's underhanded dealings and him not allowing Justin to do his job.

"Not every case needs to have depositions taken. It depends on the facts and issues."
Strictly speaking, depositions are not a requirement. However, a basic rule of good practice for trial attorneys is never to ask a witness a question if you don't already know how it will be answered. This makes depositions in certain instances a must or at least a good idea. As for surprise witness Craig, the Sami defense team should have been notified that he would testify so they could prepare a strategy for cross-examination. A good example of deposing witnesses in a popular film is in My Cousin Vinny, where defense attorney Vinny Gambini questions all the prosecution witnesses before trial and then uses the knowledge he gained to discredit their testimony. The film also has a scene where Vinny strongly objects to the surprise appearance of a so-called tire expert. There's also a good line where Marisa Tomei as Mona Lisa Vito correctly says about the prosecutor; "He's not allowed any surprises."

Abby is upset, but she thinks that being half-naked in bed with Chad is the way to remedy the situation!

but all the women in Salem think that is the way to go. Grief sex is the best kind :sarcasm: they dont know how to have any other kind. I just figured out what was wrong with everyone in Salem. They are all under a witches spell because of the Salem witch burnings. Revenge don't you know. :D

Back