Days of Our Lives - Monday, Sept. 26, 2011

NicoleMarie

Reaction score
This was such a wonderful episode. Oh boy. It was very hard to write, because the setup and pace of the show was a lot faster. This time I’ve included a “Clothing” summary for the women (the men almost all wore suits and ties and wore nothing too exciting) because there has been a lot of discussion on that, too. Have a wonderful day and sorry for the delay.

Short Summary:
• Everyone gets ready for the party.
• Kate and EJ are going to the party without an invitation. EJ’s date is a million dollar matchmaker, Patty Sanger.
• Hope and Bo unveil the new town square that Abe declares is called “Horton Town Square.”
• Carrie and Austin return.
• Chloe is getting ready for an audition; Kate comes in to taunt her.
• Jack is feeling jealous of Daniel; he keeps trying to confront Jennifer, but keeps getting interrupted.
• Jennifer accidentally tells Rafe about the job interview.
• Marlena and John return!!!

Full Summary:
Hope walks out and notes that it’s a perfect day for a party. The doorbell rings, Jennifer says she’ll answer the door. It’s Daniel, Doug, and Julie. They are all excited to see what Bo and Hopes big surprise is.

Jack is fastening his tie and looks at a newspaper article that reads; “Huge Party to Celebrate New Town Square.” He then smiles sweetly at a picture he has of Jennifer and Abigail.

A ton of people are at the Kiriakis Mansion: Will, Chad, Abigail, Justin, Adrienne, Victor, Melanie, Sonny, and Gabi. Melanie is looking very solemn, but the teens cheer her up. Victor announces that the limos are here, and they can leave. Maggie slowly enters; Victor tells her lovingly that she takes his breath away.

Brady enters Chloe’s hospital room. Chloe is all ready for the audition. She thanks Brady for setting that up for her. Nicole enters the room, too. After a talk about moving to Chicago, Chloe tells them to get to the party, she’ll try to see if she can stop by later on. Brady awkwardly offers Nicole a ride, she declines.

Rafe paces around the apartment. He yells at Sami to hurry up. Sami says that she’s almost ready. She also mentions something about a “pre-party” for all the Salem kids. I’m assuming this is probably where Caroline was the whole episode. Sami emerges, and they kiss. Rafe says he doesn’t care if they’re late, and starts to untie her dress.

Kate and EJ are in the DiMansion living room, EJ is looking through a huge stack of mail. Kate asks if their invitations to the party came. EJ emotionlessly says that it did not. The doorbell rings, it’s EJ’s date, Patty! He hugs her, kisses her on the cheek and welcomes her to Salem.

Sami and Rafe are naked and snuggling on the couch. She looks at his watch and notices how late they are. Rafe pulls her back to him and smiles that the only thing that could happen now is they could be later. Sami smiles and kisses him again… and once again, they kiss.

This is where the actual party starts:
We hear music and the camera pans overtop of some balloons and down over all the people of Salem. Hope and Doug are dancing, people are walking around. People are entering through gates; it just seems like everyone is having a good time already.

Maggie and Victor are sitting on the new and improved “Benchie” and talking about all of the fancy new parts of the town square. Bo stands up at a podium and tells everyone to gather around. Hope starts off a speech by thanking everyone for being there to celebrate this day. She talks about Gran and Grandpa and the stories they told. Bo mentions how Alice and Tom always thought the town square always had so many events going on, that the town square got run down. The city never had enough money to rebuild. She continues to talk about Gran. She then unveils the new Salem Town Square. Everyone runs into it to see all the new buildings, and ect.

EJ gets out of the Limo and helps Patty out, as well. Bo and Roman say they’re surprised to see EJ there, especially since he wasn’t on the guest list. EJ introduces Bo and Roman to his date, Patty Sanger: the matchmaker. She tells Roman and Bo that they are handsome, are they looking for love? The awkwardly laugh and tell her that no, they aren’t.

Abe takes the podium and asks for attention. He officially thanks Tom and Alice for this gift for the town of Salem. He says that in honor of them, he’d like to name the town square, “The Horton Town Square.” He then reveals a beautiful plaque of Tom and Alice.

Jennifer walks away, and walks right by Jack without even realizing it. Jack sees her standing by herself, and attempts to talk to her, but she runs away to see Daniel and starts kissing him. He wonders who that is.

Nicole gets to the party, and recognizes the million dollar matchmaker. She is a little taken aback when she realizes that she’s EJ’s date. Adrienne comes over and asks for a picture with Patty, they leave to find better lighting. EJ and Nicole have an awkward conversation.

Sami and Rafe enter and are amazed. Sami is a little sad when she sees the plaque and realizes that she missed the whole ceremony. Again, more comments on how amazing it is.

Bo and Hope take the podium again and announce that they have an announcement. They have some special guests. It’s Carrie and Austin! Sami is flabbergasted and there is lots of cheering. Everyone rushes over and starts to talk. But Bo and Hope aren’t finished! They call everyone’s attention again. They have two more guests coming, but apparently there was a little problem, so they’re going to be late. So they’ll just keep the party going.
Carrie and Austin and talking to Sami and Rafe. Carrie is now a lawyer and Austin is now a forensic accountant. It could just be me, but it seems that there is some tension between Austin and Rafe. Roman hugs Sami and Carrie; he’s excited that everyone is getting along.

Chloe is looking VERY pretty in her hospital room. Kate walks in and tells her that even if she passes the audition and gets the singing job, she’ll never get Parker back. Not even partial custody. Kate knows that Chloe was a hooker, and she is willing to testify against her. Kate leaves.

Jennifer asks Sami how her job interview went. Rafe asks what job interview? Oops! Jennifer runs away to talk to Adrienne. Daniel brings Jennifer a drink and Adrienne complements what a great couple they are. Jennifer realizes there is something else Adrienne is feeling that she isn’t saying… Adrienne simply says that she just feels terrible that Jack blew it with such an amazing woman. Jack hears the whole thing and is about to run up to Jennifer, but Daniel returns and he backs away. Daniel and Jennifer kiss.

Sami brings Will and Gabi over to Carrie and Austin to catch up. Will introduces Gabi as “Rafe’s sister.” Gabi is angry that he didn’t introduce her as his girlfriend. They make up quickly though, and go dance.

Rafe is angry that Sami didn’t wait for him to approve the job interview wasn’t a scam before she went. Will asks Sami if they’ve seen Carrie and Austin. Sami uses this as an excuse to get away from Rafe.

Everyone is dancing now, and Bo gets a phone call. He runs up to the podium and asks for attention. He announces that the guests of honour will be here shortly… after a short speech, she announces that they’re here. In comes Marlena and John.

Next time:
•Marlena says to Sami, “We are on a long journey and it isn’t over yet.”
•Hope asks John, “So… what’s up?” He replies, “You’re going to just have to wait and see.”
•Marlena says, “This moment is your moment.” It looks like John is trying to stand up!

Outfits:
Hope: She is wearing a very snug white dress with a bunch of shiny gold patches on it. It’s very sliming and it’s very pretty. Her hair is in a basic up-do of curls.
Jennifer: She is wearing a black dress that is very loose on top. It has lots of “bling” on it. It’s sliming at her waist. Her hair is in a bun, at the bottom of her head.
Doug: He is wearing what looks to be a brown suit and dress shirt, with black pants and tie.
Julie: This one is going to be hard to describe. It has full length sleeves, is very loose and is a taupe-brown and grey design. It sort of looks like paisley, but there isn’t ever any close-ups of it.
Maggie: a black and white striped dress with a short black cardigan, hair is down.
Melanie: The horrifying Rorschach test dress. It’s white with a black design on the front and makes her look frumpy. Her hair is curled and in an up-do, but very polished and perfect.
Adrienne: She is wearing a long sleeved black top, with a long purple skirt. Her hair is just down.
Gabi: A beautiful purple dress that warms up her face and makes her eyes look piercing. It does have a diamond shape hole on each side under her arms that show some skin. Maybe a little too much for me, but everyone has a different opinion on that.
Abigail: A greenish dress that has a corset-design top. Her bangs are pinned back on top of her head and her hair is down and curled
Nicole: A gorgeous knee length black dress. It’s very sliming on her. Her hair is in a curled up-do.
Chloe: A gorgeous blue dress. It’s very plain but it’s absolutely stunning. I like how she isn’t showing any cleavage.
Sami: A glittery, and very short black dress with a high up-do.
Kate: I was expecting something very crazy, but alas! It’s simply a long purple dress with a large V-neck and long sleeves. It actually looks… normal! Her hair is down with NO colored streaks. She took this “fancy” thing seriously.
Patty: A silky blue dress.
Marlena: An off-shoulder black dress.

Sorry! I was trying to get it up as soon as possible, thanks for poiting that out. I'll fix it :)

Rafe is angry that Sami didn’t wait for him to approve the job interview ...

And that is the main reason I can't stand them together! Sami should have gotten her big mouth in gear and told Rafe she doesn't require his approval for everything she does. Granted, Sami will probably goof big time about the job but she needs to grow up and learn a thing or two. I would like them better as a couple if Rafe didn't always have to clean up one of Sami's messes caused by her chronic stupidity.

Oh, wow, Nicole......above and beyond. What a lovely thing to do, add the clothing & hairdo descriptions. Boy, sounds like everyone is there. Wonder why Stefano did not crash, too. LOL

"new and improved" Benchie??? Hmmm, did he get a fresh coat of laquer???

And let's be fair here...Rafe was sure it was a scam, and was only going to check and see if it was legit. And Sami PROMISED to wait til he did.

As it is, I am more aggravated that she apparently is all dressed for the gala, and they both have to take time out FIRST to do the horizontal mambo, thus arriving late.
(and yes, I know this is all because they have to work around Ali's "Biggest Loser" schedule...but would rather they just appear to have been there all along. )

Just about everyone was there. We were missing Caroline, Stephano, the little kids, Kinsey and T. That's all I can think of for "main" characters that are missing.

I think for the most part, everyone looked awesome. I am so so so so so so so SOOO sad about Melanie's dress. She is sjust a cute young lady and could have pulled off a fabulous dress.

Thank you so much, Nicole. You did a super job with all this. I wasn't going to read it until Saturday evening anyway. It breaks up the weekend for me that way.

I just want to add that there was a lot more in this episode that was just little chit-chat here and there. I didn't think anyone would care if I left it out.

It seems like they're back to their jump around style every 1-2 mintues. Instead of gowing through like 5 minute segments throughout the show. I like the fast paced jumping around better, it's more interesting and I find myself on the egde of my seat going, "NOO GO BACK TO THAT." And it makes me want to stay and watch the rest. It makes it worth while. Does that make sense? :rotfl:

For an event like a party...yep it is fine. but usually, jumping around every 30 seconds loses the continuity....and it doesn't help then, that there is a commercial every 5 minutes that lasts 6 minutes. :wink:

Thank you Nicole!

Can't wait to see this episode. So looking forward to the new sets and to see what everyone is wearing....thanks for the lovely hair/dress descriptions! I really am not looking forward to that hideous sack that Melanie is wearing but I guess I'll suffer through it. :zip: I'm also looking forward to seeing everyone's reactions to the returning characters! Yay, the new Days is here!! :clap:

Oh, wow, Nicole......above and beyond. What a lovely thing to do, add the clothing & hairdo descriptions. Boy, sounds like everyone is there. Wonder why Stefano did not crash, too. LOL

"new and improved" Benchie??? Hmmm, did he get a fresh coat of laquer???

And let's be fair here...Rafe was sure it was a scam, and was only going to check and see if it was legit. And Sami PROMISED to wait til he did.

As it is, I am more aggravated that she apparently is all dressed for the gala, and they both have to take time out FIRST to do the horizontal mambo, thus arriving late.
(and yes, I know this is all because they have to work around Ali's "Biggest Loser" schedule...but would rather they just appear to have been there all along. )

ITA but you know our Sami .Can't
Wait for tomorrows show.

NicoleMarie,

Your description of Melanie's dress is "spot on"! The other thing that really ruins her look more is that she appears to be wearing little ankle boots (or slightly above the ankle) with that dreadful dress.

Thank you for the summary NicoleMarie, and for getting it up as quickly as you could for those that wanted to read it before they saw the show. Today's show was absolutely wonderful.

Loved this episode. Hope and Jennifer looked particularly fabulous.

Laughed at Rafe being able to keep a straight face with his "something came up" line!!

I think Nicole and Hope were stunning in this episode. Just beautiful from the dresses to their hair.

As for Melanie's dress, there are no words. Well dreadful comes to mind. Really, who did she tick off in the wardrobe department?

I enjoyed this episode so much and can't wait for more. :smile:

The spot on joke made me spit my water across the room. Good one, Just Samantha! :rotfl:

And it's no problem. I'm sure you could find it on youtube it's just a pain in the butt to load sometimes.

Back