Days of Our Lives Monday Sept 29 2008

DJM

Reaction score
The show starts off with a flash back of Caroline and Trent at the grave. Hope and Bo with the cops run to see what is wrong.

Dan and Kate are at the hospital talking about her diagnosis of cancer. They talk about the fact that she does not smoke. Dan lets her know that she will need a Biopsy. Dan tries to comfort Kate and she tells him to leave her alone. She says she will make the arrangements for the tests, but wants no one else to know. Nicole arrives at the hospital wanting to see Dan as she is sick thinks it is food poisoning. Kate thinks it may be alcohol withdrawal.

Philip and Chloe are at Chez Rouge They are talking about her and Lucas. She misses singing and would like to do it again. Philip says that she can also restart singing again. She points out that his father ruined her rep with Brady. Philip points out that with Brady alive that is over. She also says that she has been busy with Lucas and helping with Allie. Philip lets her know that he was upset when she got together with Lucas. She talks about not having enough time and having to travel etc. Lucas arrives and overhears this. He does not want her to give up her dreams because of him and asks for Philip to help her get back on track. Philip agrees and leaves he looks back at the two of them and is not happy

Mel and Nick are finishing eating at Chez Rouge. They are talking about going out to see all the hot spots in Salem. Nick wants to invite Steph and Max. Mel wants it to be just the two of them. Julie and Doug arrive at Chez Rouge and meet Mickey and Maggie. Julie wants to know who is with Nick. She says there is something about her body movements that she does not like..

At Papa Shawn's grave. Bo and Hope are trying to get Caroline to tell them what happened. She is in shock and not able to talk very much. Hope tells Bo that because it is family they have to be very careful with how they handle it. Bo agrees and says they will have to take Caroline into the station. He will call Mickey and have him meet them there. He asks the cops with him to read her her rights and they bring her in. He lets them know to radio in the murder and that they are bring someone in, but not to mention ant names.

Mickey gets the phone call from Bo and says he will be there not to let Caroline to answer any questions. Mickey lets the others know what happened. They are all going to go to the station. They stop at Mel and Nick's table to let them know.

Steph and Max are making out when Mel calls to let Max know that Trent is dead. When Steph hears the new she looks at the blood on Max's shirt. She looks upset. Max wants to know if she thinks he killed Trent. After a while she says no. He tells her that he had a fight with Trent at Papa Shawn's grave. He punched him in the face and that is how he got the blood. They are going to the station.

At the station Roman is informed that Trent is dead and that Bo is on his way with a suspect. Roman is shocked to see Bo come in with Caroline. She has blood on her hands. Mickey and the rest from Chez Rouge arrive. Mickey wants to talk with Caroline alone before she is questioned. Julie introduces herself to Mel and says she is sorry about her father. Nick later tells Mel that she does not have to be there. She wants to stay because she wants to know what happened. She says he was an rotten man, but he was her father.They ask her to ID the body when it comes in

Back at the hospital Nicole is on an IV they are waiting for the results of the tests. Nicole says she feels better, but would feel even better with alcohol in the iv. Dan says that she is going though a double whammy. Not only is she weak from vomiting she is also going though withdrawal. He thinks she should think about staying sober and having a clean start. They chat about their problems. Dan leaves.

Steve arrives at the grave site and meets with Hope. She askes him to continue with his investigation of Trent. Meanwhile she gets a report that shows not only did Trent have a knife in the back he had a cut lip (cut to Max's shirt) scratches on him (cut to Nicoles fingernails.) and other bruises (cut to Nicks hand) They also give Hope fiber that was found on him. She hopes that will lead to the killer.

Dan comes back to see Nicole. He tells her that the test results are back and that there is nothing wrong with her. She is pregnant. She has a shocked look on her face and say you have got to be kidding me. She was ready to sue Caroline for the food.

Back at the station they have just finished questioning Caroline. She says that she did not kill him. The DA has decided to press charges and they have to put Caroline in a cell. Roman offers to walk her down and he takes her to the cell she walks in and he closes the door and walks away. without saying a word. Max and Step arrive at the station eveyone is upset about Caroline knowing that she did not do it. Max and Mel just look at each other.

Hope I remember everything it was a very action packed show.

I know Dx means diagnosis...
Erm.. does Bx mean biopsy?
Etoh? Alcohol?

Thanks for the write up!!!

Bx means biopsy.....and etoh does mean alcohol, I believe. I don't think DJM is done with the summary yet. She is adding as she watches. When you see her name at the end.....she is done. LOL

Ah! Ok. Thanks :)

Poirot is right. I use the shorten way of saying it because I am a rotten speller.

The show just finished.

Aside from Poirot.....I fixed the Dx, Bx and Etoh, lol:wink:

thanks so much DJM, this is a wonderful writeup. It sounds fabulous show.

Thanks for the recap DJM.
:oops::OT:I know what you mean about spelling, I have three different dictionaries here on my desk. That way I hopefully will spell my words correctly. BUT it is very difficult to look words up when you don't know how to spell them. I looked for scissors for ever and never found it. I never would have guessed there was a c in it.:back:
Sounds like a good show. Of course we know that Caroline didn't do it. The first person accused it almost never the guilty party.

This SL is getting soooo good. I wish I could watch it on soapnet. But, in Waco, TX it comes on @ 11:00pm. I can't stay up that late to watch. :( It did come on at 10pm. When Poirot mentioned "this one is a really good episode" or "you don't want to miss this one" is when I'd stay up to watch.

I may have to stay up late when Galen Gering (police officer on Passions) and Eric Marstolf (lawyer) start airing! They're both from Passions. Two very handsome young men and if any of you haven't ever seen them on Passions, you won't mind at all when Days let's them go without a shirt (LOL). :)

My oh my, EJ is going tohave his hands full with Sami and Nicole. I can't wait to see all of that. Well, I mean, read about it!!! :)

Oh, I want to thank Poirot, DJM and KathyLu for doing the write ups and the time you sepnd on them. You all do a tremendous job at it and it's just like watching it. I imagine everything in my mind as I'm reading them, it's incredible. Thanks again. :)

:OT:I know what you mean about spelling, I have three different dictionaries here on my desk. That way I hopefully will spell my words correctly. BUT it is very difficult to look words up when you don't know how to spell them. looked for scissors for ever and never found it.

I use the heck out of www.onelook.com. It allows you to use "wild cards" if you're unsure on spelling. Also, it will sometimes take common misspellings and redirect you to the right word. I tried your example and purposely misspelled scissors as sissors and it gave me two listings, clicking on them led me to the correct spelling. s*sors gave me about 20 or 30 choices. s???sors got scissors and sponsors.:back:

I use the shorten way of saying it because I am a rotten speller.

It's amazing how used to the shorthand for your job isn't it. Half the time, I don't even realized I've confused the heck out of someone, until they ask "What a _____."

Excellent write up, thank you.

A Good Who Done it!!!!!

Thanks Donna. I think Trent’s murder mystery will be more interesting than we thought according to Friday’s show: Nicole talking about her dear departed husband, Caroline “talking to Shawn” at his grave telling how she got rid of Trent, Max’s shirt being bloodier than it was during the scuffle he had w/Trent at his hotel (think that was Thursday) when Stephanie sees it, Melanie having her dad’s wallet (other than hiding it from Nick, it didn’t seem to bother her than she had it??), and Nick’s hand being all swollen. Caroline seemed shocked to see Trent alive, but why oh why did she pull the knife out (she could hardly get in out) – they always do though don’t they or pick up the gun, etc. – LOL

Guess we can all start our guessing game now because we can rule Claude out – he didn’t have time to get to Salem to do it and wanted Melanie, I think, more than the money! Of course I hope it turns out to be some disgruntled student, faculty member, or other bookie in Salem – nobody we know!!

I just had a thought....maybe the prostitute from Wed.'s or Thurs.'s show did it!! Maybe Melanie had already stolen her dad's wallet (w/o his knowledge of course) and when he couldn't pay up, she went ballistic and killed him w/a knife from his apartment!

Philip and Chloe are at Chez Rouge They are talking about her and Lucas. She misses singing and would like to do it again. She also says that she has been busy with Lucas and helping with Allie. She talks about not having enough time and having to travel etc. Lucas arrives and overhears this. He does not want her to give up her dreams because of him and asks for Philip to help her get back on track. Philip agrees.

What??? Philip and Lucas need to help Chloe get a career? Chloe would have way more connections in her field than Lucas or Philip would. I think Chloe can help herself. Why do the writers make all women into damselles in distress? Both Chloe and Nicole should be doing more with their lives than chasing after men and hanging out in restaurants. I'd love to see some more realistic careers for the characters.

Thank you DJM for the thorough summary. Great job. Can't wait to see the show!

Usually in murder mysteries, the person who did it is the least likely suspect. If we figure out that, then we have our man/woman. Kate is preoccupied with her health, Daniel and meddling in her children's lives. Maybe she had an unfortunate crab and kill black widow experience. :D

I use the heck out of www.onelook.com. It allows you to use "wild cards" if you're unsure on spelling. Also, it will sometimes take common misspellings and redirect you to the right word. I tried your example and purposely misspelled scissors as sissors and it gave me two listings, clicking on them led me to the correct spelling. s*sors gave me about 20 or 30 choices. s???sors got scissors and sponsors.:back:

Thanks Curious for the info. It will sure help me.:smile:

Usually in murder mysteries, the person who did it is the least likely suspect. If we figure out that, then we have our man/woman. Kate is preoccupied with her health, Daniel and meddling in her children's lives. Maybe she had an unfortunate crab and kill black widow experience. :D

Ya know, I could see that.

It really was rather neat how when Hope is reading off the preliminary results of the examination of the body, the camera goes to several people. i.e. "he had a cut lip", and the camera pans to Max with the bloody shirt, bruised jaw, and it goes to Nick with his swollen hand. Good editing there.

Have to say, Peggy McCay as Caroline does a super excellent job of portraying shock, disbelief, horror, confusion.......as she sees Trent, he falls on her, she tries to get him off, pulls the knife out.....and then is unable to even speak when Bo comes up. Fabulous!

gramcracker,

I know there is a setting you change to make it spell check. I don't know where it is because I have it set at home but cant seem to get it set at the office. maybe most people don't know about it. I was also thinking there was some kind of download I did to make it have spell check.

Don't you guys have spell check? It underlines anything you misspell.

Some programs have spell check. If there is one for this board I have not found it.Let me know if there is one. I would not be able to use it while writing the summary as I have to get it written during the commercials. I leave for work shortly after the show is over, but I could go back and make the corrections at a later time.

Back