Days of Our Lives Monday Sept 29 2008

Oh, I want to thank Poirot, DJM and KathyLu for doing the write ups and the time you sepnd on them. You all do a tremendous job at it and it's just like watching it:)

Amen!!

we can rule Claude out – he didn’t have time to get to Salem to do it

He did have time to make a phone call, though.

Don't you guys have spell check? It underlines anything you misspell.

Is there a grammar check too? Sometimes I find it hard to understand what a poster is trying to say when there is no punctuation and everything is written in lower case.

We have both!!!!!

http://www.spellchecker.net/spellcheck/ If you go to this link and copy and paste your text into the box on the page, another box pops up with your text in it. There are three tabs at the top. One is for spell check, one is for grammar check and the third is for thesaurus. Once you do the checks after alternating in the top tabs, your text is corrected in the original box you pasted into. You can then copy it and paste it in this text box. You have to click the finish checking button to save the changes before you copy it.

There has never been a post on this board that I could not read or understand because of spelling, grammar or punctuation. Some of us have a good grasp of those things while others do not and I don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things.

I say to everyone to keep posting and, if someone can't figure out what you're saying, let them ask.

I don't care how many typos DJM, Poirot (myself), or anyone else makes in the summaries. It's the summary I'm interested in, not the spelling.

'Nuff said.

I can teach you. Take your mouse and left click the cursor (the blinking vertical line where the typing shows up) at the end or beginning of what you want to copy. Hold the left mouse button down and scroll over what you want to copy and it will highlight it. When you have what you want to copy highlighted then let go of the left mouse button. Right click over the highlighted text. Select either cut or copy from a drop down menu box (copy only copies but cut removes and copies both). Next put your cursor (blinking line) where ever you want to transfer the text you just copied. Right click then select paste from a drop down menu box. Your text that you copied should magically appear where ever you just copied it if it is a Word document or a text box somewhere. It doesn't have to be on the same page or document. You can rearrange paragraphs in the same document this way if you want.

Another way to copy and paste can be by using the same steps but after you get the text highlighted you can use the control and the x keys simultaneously to cut, control and c keys simultaneously to copy and control and v keys simultaneously to paste. You have to use this way sometimes as the drop down menu box may be disabled because somebody doesn't want you copying their stuff. They make it hard for you to highlight their stuff also, but if you work at the edges hard enough you can usually get it to highlight.

The windows people call this copying to clipboard. Its like you have an invisible clipboard you transfer information to and then take it off the clipboard to put it somewhere else. Every time you copy or cut something it changes what's on the clipboard to what you last cut or copied. You can copy links and pictures too and paste them in other places.

I hope this helps. I figured you are not the only one who doesn't know how. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey folks, this forum is summaries for Day of Our Lives, and in particular, DJM's wonderful summary for Monday, not spell checking (and personally, I don't care, I can read misspelled words quite easily and we do not grade here). Check the How Do I forum.

:OT: I can always read and understand 99% of the posts, so I wasn't concerned with spelling or grammar. I guess I was just trying to be helpful since it was brought up. I in no way was criticizing the fantastic jobs that You, Kathylu and DJM do. If it was taken that way I sincerely apologize. :back:

I know everyone may have had good intentions, but if you count the posts that are NOT about the summary itself.......well, everyone went far off topic. And THAT is not fair to those who come to read the summary and others' comments about it.

ROTFL......:rotfl:
So Trent is murdered, and Roman putting his own mother behind bars was heartbreaking. Gotta say, Doug & Julie are just such a handsome couple. Some day, I would love for them to be talking and reminicing about their lives together, and we could get treated to a lot of flashbacks.
Julie thinks Melanie is nothing but trouble, I liked that Mickey was immediately called by Hope to rep Caroline.....even as they had to go "by the book".

The part I liked the best was Nicole finding out that she was pregnant. It was just the whole interaction between her and Dr. Dan. I also liked the part of Caroline at the grave with Trent and the cops. The acting in this was amazing.

The part I liked the best was Nicole finding out that she was pregnant. It was just the whole interaction between her and Dr. Dan. I also liked the part of Caroline at the grave with Trent and the cops. The acting in this was amazing.

Can't wait to see it. May have to have the hubby record it on the DVR for me. Don't know when I'd get to see it though.

I agree about the Emmy. Her performance is outstanding.

Thanks so much for the write up!! You did an excellent job & it sounds like a great episode!!!

Back