Days of our Lives Peacock Christmas special

LOL, I got a kick that, at the end of the movie, when it is snowing and all the people are looking upward & smiling, most of the santas with their red jackets on over the boxers, ...but Johnny...in his boxers, stands with the jacket wide open, in the "cold and snow"......

However, those fund raising events near the end were much fun to watch. "@We 3 Queens should have had a chance to actually perform perhaps, but maybe it got cut as I can see where it all was running long, all the different stories. The little gal playing Sydney did great job, and wow, looks like she could easily be Johnny & Allie's sibling.

Was nice to hear them mention Grace.

Was also fun to try and figure out which sets were repurposed to make the Inn and Sonny/Will's apartment. I also liked the different establishing shots they used of houses, buildings, etc.

The Inn looked like the K-mansion entry hall, with a different door and a fireplace attached to the right side.

Sonny/Will's apartment looked like Charlie's apartment.

GabiChic's office was Princess Gina's lair.

John and Kristen's living room was that den in Hope's house.

Just have to add, the best part, in addition to the Santa strip dance, was the appearance of Eric! I was SO happy to see him, tho he was hard to recognize, but sure did recognize the voice. (I thought the person sleeping on the bench was gonna be Gabriel, lol, tho thankfully, the devil was kept out of this movie.

I hope they do lots of stuff like this, giving the actors the chance to stretch and have fun.

That said, I'm not enough of a fan of these cheesy holiday movies to watch it since it's so centred around the golden couple. Not for money, anyway!

While I am a huge fan of Hallmark, their timeline for Christmas movies is way overdone. (they should wait til after Thanksgiving) Thus one gets reruns galore. But, still a fan, there, Lifetime, UP.........but...for Days, this was something different, and while some parts or stories were not enjoyable, the effort is appreciated. However, if Peacock thinks this is a way to pull in new viewers, or get departed viewers to return, plus PAY.......it's a fail in that respect. And it would seem even current viewers who would know and understand the gimmicks, would be reluctant to have to pay for a viewing.
Unless one is a long time viewer, who would know who the heck Nick is, or why Gabi would be with him. Plus the now completed bearded face is not recognizable. Same goes for Eric. Same comment about his appearance.

I liked that that it seemed that:
The Titan boardroom table romp never happened and Sami and Marlena were great friends. And apparently Doc and Roman stayed together until his death.
That Nicole got away with the Sidney charade until she was found out here.
That John and Kristen were together, but not madly in love
The cuteness with the young couples being with the wrong pairing.
The fun that was the "Talent show"
John looking up as it starts snowing and saying - isn't there a roof over this thing? And Doc saying that it was a Christmas miracle.
The whole thing reminded me of a cheesy Christmas movie, but it was such great fun that I thoroughly enjoyed it and laughed out loud several times.

Of course I've heard all about the Hallmark Christmas movies, but not having cable, I've never seen one. I'm not sure I would enjoy them if they didn't have my Days characters like this did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an aside, but some Days actors do appear in Hallmark movies. Sami has made several & then Eric, Will, Marlena for instance.
Meanwhile, I agree about the Santa dance. And obviously, the guys had a lot of fun doing it. And yes, watched that a couple of times, mostly as it was hard for me to tell who was who, so I was stopping and starting. LOLOL Overall, I think they did a good job, (even though Will was talking small town America, but they were showing huge bldgs., huge neighborhoods of homes, etc. (Living in a small town....that is not the way it is, however...since Salem is home to a few huge corporations, give them leeway. :) Yeah, I liked it, thanking Linda again.

Back