Days of Our Lives - Thu., Apr. 12, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Kate is snooping around the bookcase in the DiMansion study. Paul enters, Harold let him in. (But yesterday, Kate needed a key.) She fears Vivian is on to her shadow operation (and it's implied that it was Paul to whom she was speaking yesterday) following her. She's unhappy with Paul's report and fires him. (I missed some of this due to a fake weather bulletin) but evidently he gets his job back.

In the Private area, Leo is upset as he meets with Vivian because Sonny avoided him all day. She orders him to get Sonny back in bed. He calls Sonny as Vivian looks on.

At the Station, Hope insists that ending her marriage to Rafe is the correct thing to do. He refuses to sign the annulment papers - she'll have to take him to court. Then he tries to kiss her, getting really close to her, insisting they love each other (shades of Eeej here in my opinion) but she pulls away.

At the Kmansion, Sonny laments lying to Arianna about Gabi's "trip." They talk about Gabi's appeal and worries. Sonny says he and Leo are over (after Justin offers to babysit) because Leo works for him at Titan. Justin thinks this is a good idea and then they mull over whether or not to fire Leo. Sonny's plan is to give Leo time to get a good reference and move on to bigger and better things. Leo calls and they arrange a quick public meeting. Sonny leaves, Rafe enters. They talk for a second about Gabi, then he asks Justin to represent him in the annulment. Justin advises him to accept the end of the marriage. Rafe wants him to stall, which is the best Justin can do, and he will invade her space to remind her how he loves her. Justin doesn't seem to agree, but Rafe points out that Justin didn't back down with Adrienne.

At the Pub, Adrienne and Will are celebrating The Spectator's talented new writer. His first story assignment is that of his resurrection. Specifically, the drug, and what Rolf's research could do for people; she relays her past as a breast cancer survivor and thinks of those who weren't so lucky. She wants him to interview Susan, he refuses. (I missed some of this due to a fake weather bulletin.)

Claire and Ciara encounter each other at Claire's work. Jibes are exchanged (mostly Ciara calling Claire a princess and a loser) as I vomit. Ciara goes to Hope's work and is annoyed that Hope is considering an annulment. She goes on and on about Claire's motives for disrupting the wedding, and has a plan to blow her smug face out of the water. Hope doesn't approve of Ciara's unkind actions. She tells her to withdraw. Ciara admits she started it out of spite, but seeing the chance to win made her feel wonderful. Ciara vows to keep on Hope's case about Rafe.

Meanwhile in the Square, Claire takes a break to mobilise her social media followers. She asks for Tripp's help. She pleads her case. He encourages her, but doesn't want to take sides; he is thankful for how she stood by him when he considered skipping town. This causes her to remember Theo's attempt to buy her followers, and she bolts, tossing her apron at Tripp in the hopes he'll cover her shift. Later, he runs into Ciara in the Square, says he voted for Claire.

Leo has redirected Sonny to meet him in the Private area. He kisses him, then proposes they keep going as a secret fling as Vivian listens on. Sonny seems tempted, he even smiles, but he says they just can't. They go back and forth a bit, but Sonny puts his foot down. We can't go there, it's final.

Later at the Pub, Will asks if he can join Kate. He tells her about his assignment. Kate is for it, as a survivor herself. He's not sure if he's ready to deal with Susan. Kate knows someone else he can talk to.

At the Teen Loft, Claire is talking to Theo via voiceless video chat. She wants his "computer genius" help winning the contest...no, not rigging it...unless that would help.

At the Police Station, Hope gives Rafe the papers, thanks him for cooperating. He says to talk to his lawyer.

At the Kmansion, Adrienne and Justin lament Sonny's woes, Sonny enters and explains Leo's proposition, which he refused.

In the Private Area, Vivian reminds Leo that Sonny is his prey. He's not giving up. Paul has overheard this. END.

Sure Rafe, that's the perfect way to get Hope back. Take her to court over the annulment! Please let this miserable pairing end!!! I am really not a Hope fan but I do agree with how she feels. I know everyone, including Rafe is saying technically they were on a break, but it says a lot when 3 hours after the "break up" he was in bed with another woman. It shows that he was apparently not into working things out with Hope. Please just let it end.

I hope this contest is over soon. I wish they would let Ciara and Claire be mature young women instead of spoiled brats.

Or Lordy, Claire calls herself normal & humble, and is then asking Theo about buying followers, or with his computer genius fixing it so she wins. Egads.

And Vivian gets her kicks listening to Leo attempt to proposition Sonny??

Agree with Jason here about Rafe's attempt to kiss Hope. That was NOT a good thing. In fact, seems like Rafe is acting towards Hope like Leo is being ordered to do so towards Sonny.

And yes, it truly is getting tiresome, watching all the businesses in Salem conduct their business in the Pub, Club, or park, let alone by cell at home. Can't they even mention being at work all day? Nope, they are around morning, afternoon, evening, easily available in blink of an eye for a drink, coffee, lunch, breakfast, dinner, even just a friendly chat. Grrrrr.

Delusions abounded in Salem today -- let me count the ways.

Vivian: She goes to the head of the deluded class. Why does she even try? All of her idiot plots have either failed or are in the process of ending in catastrophe: the magic sarcophagus, the failed takeover of Titan that ended with her and Gus marooned on an island; putting her idiot son in charge of Titan; threatening Victor, and now using foolish Leo as poisoned bait for Sonny. Vivian should admit defeat and head back to Ivan and Bollywood.

Adrienne: She actually thinks that interviewing batty Susan "Mean Mean Mean" Banks will lead to valuable information? She'd do better trying to get a story by "talking" to the shattered pieces of Fred the Elephant. He could provide the Spectator with a sordid tale of drug smuggling, treachery, and tainted love!

Hope: She now thinks that Rafe ended their relationship? If so, she knows an awful lot that isn't so. Frankly, if Rafe's resistance to the annulment buys him enough time to win back Hope, he'll be getting the booby prize. By now, he'd be better off back with Kate or sharing space with Jordan's pet cat, Arthur.

Claire: She thinks that winning the Face-of-Bella contest will be a grand coup? She ought to take a good look at what she'd be winning. Being the poster child for some tacky, doomed magazine run by two people who hate each other is a total dead end. She'd be better off entering Salem's annual Miss Town Dump contest.

I thought it was nice the way Will and Adrienne were celebrating the hiring of the Spectator's talented new writer. :) But then they started talking about Will's article and never mentioned who that writer was. :sarcasm:

Hmm, so Hope wants annulment because she can't stay in a marriage she feels is based on a lie. So Rafe's solution is to ignore Hope's feelings, badger her and make her go through the courts? Now I'm no relationship expert, heck I don't even play one on TV, but he might want to rethink that strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Jason.

Kate told Paul "Blind Steve could do a better job than he could". I'm glad
Paul finally heard Leo and Vivian together.

I laughed when Claire was talking to Tripp about her being humble, normal
and nice.

Did anyone else see Hope grin after Rafe left? Does she really want an annulment?

I hope Theo told Claire to fly a kite after she talked to him about fixing the contest.

Did anyone else see Hope grin after Rafe left? Does she really want an annulment?
YES! That was the biggest surprise of the whole episode. Well, and I guess what surprised me more after that was that she continued with her firm position regarding ending it. She clearly looked very pleased with Rafe's determination to NOT sign the papers.

Thanks for the summary. Finally a break from the nonsense storyline with Abigail and Stefan0! The previous two episodes were just too much! However, the teen drama along with Hope & Rafe is still a buzzkill. You know the soap is taking a turn for the worst when Kate is a character you look forward to seeing.

Back