Days of Our Lives - Thu., Apr. 14, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the townhouse, Jeannie T is sketching. Brady emerges from the bedroom, announces the budgets Nicole & Jeannie T have provided are excellent. He estimates that they'll be in the black quickly. Jeannie T wants to eat, Brady says let's have a date instead...one where neither of them is wasted. Tells her to dress up, and later, they're at Edge of the Square, celebrating that Victor/Maggie are recovering, etc. They ask Donna, the hostess, to seat them privately.

Earlier, Summer had been drinking at Club TBD, remembering Maggie dropping the boom about intentionally giving her up. After Brady and Jeannie arrive, she stumbles over toward them (looking for the Ladies' Room), says, 'Hi.' Jeannie T boasts, but Brady gets concerned, even as Summer tries to go to the restroom, asking her to join them for something to eat. Summer refuses, is planning to leave, Brady pushes, thinks that something else is up. (Meanwhile, Jeannie T is trying to convince Brady to let Summer leave.) Summer insists on going home, the walk will do her good. She departs, heads to the bar (to pay her tab?), and Brady and Jeannie T sit down. Brady goes back over to Summer, who's looking for her phone. He asks her what's up. They talk about Victor, Maggie, Salem (really seems like a whole lot of nothing, and forgive me folks, but the EBS test came on during a majority of their conversation, but what I did hear was round-and-round). Later, Brady and Jeannie have finished their meal, Jeannie T wants dessert, but Brady's still worried about Summer. Jeannie T says Summer is an adult. Brady chastises himself for not thinking things through, Jeannie T reminds him that Summer's an adult. At the Inn, Summer boozes, then goes to a table and grabs the red shoe charm. (Sorry folks, my signal was blipping, not sure exactly what it was.) She throws it in the trash, then pulls it out, grabs her purse, and dashes out.

At the Horton House, Rafe and Hope pull out of their kiss, stand awkwardly. Rafe decides to get out of there, Hope offers him a drink instead. Later, they're sitting awkwardly as they drink, Hope tries to break the tension, they're friends, they've known each other a long time, etc., but tells him it can't happen again. All the crazy things with his family, etc. His phone rings, it can wait. Hope says they can't mess up their friendship. She loves being partners, feels inspired by him, is afraid of losing that friendship/partnership if they get involved. Rafe tries to make a case for how their partnership, etc., would be better, but is understanding about her recent travails with men, and with Ciara, and is OK if he doesn't feel the way he does, but he loves her so much he can't hold it back, is tired of waiting. Gets a text from Chad, has to go. Their convo is to be continued. Later, Hope is alone, picks up Tom & Alice's picture (she's apparently been talking to it, again, the EBS cut off a few seconds). She's worried about opening her heart to someone new.

At DiMansion, Abby is sleeping when she hears Thomas crying. She gets up and hollers to put her baby down, shocking Ciara. She apologises, thought it was Ben. Ciara explains that Chad called and asked her to watch Thomas, so Abby could sleep. Abby takes Thomas, begins frantically looking for her phone. Thomas is crying, Abby trying to comfort him. Ciara says Hope told her babies soak up emotions, gets Abby to give Thomas to her. She takes him, he stops crying and Ciara sings that Irish song. Abby is shocked, her Nanny Bridget used to sing that to her. Abby's worried that she couldn't calm Thomas; Ciara says it's okay, Abby's just worn down from the terror of Ben. Abby flashes back to burning Ben's legs, gets ill, rushes out of the room.

Rafe and Chad meet in a dark area, Chad is worried that Ben will go back to the institution he broke out of, Rafe reasons that Ben's recent actions have indicated he's sane enough to stand trial, etc., but it's a judge's decision. Rafe implores Chad to let him deal with Ben, lest Chad go too far defending Abby/Thomas. (Chad says they're the best thing that ever happened to him.) Later, Rafe finishes a beer as he thinks about Hope. He calls her, wants to talk, but Hope says Ciara just came home, they'll talk tomorrow.

Chad comes home, Ciara has Thomas on the couch, tells Chad that Abby's vomiting. Chad says she's had a rough day, Ciara gets it, talks about how it sucks to feel like a victim, and how it feels like "we" didn't do enough because it still happened. (She couldn't stop Chase, Abby couldn't stop Ben.) Chad asks her to work tomorrow, even though she was to have the day off. She agrees. Abby comes back in, takes Thomas, who starts crying. Ciara leaves. Chad offers to take the still-crying Thomas, Abby tries to comfort him, assures him she can do this. She gets increasingly desperate to calm him, offers him a bottle, and snaps when Chad again offers his help.

At EOTS, Jeannie T worries about Brady being too stressed, even without the Summer issues. Brady asks her to dance. As they dance, she talks about finding a calligrapher for the wedding invites, wants everything to be perfect. Is happy about how wonderful the last year has been. A bit later, they're home, kissing as they approach their door, where Summer is huddled, waiting, she couldn't be in her room anymore.

Chad finally convinces Abby to let him hold Thomas, and Thomas stops crying instantly. Cue two-shot as Abby looks on tearfully, and Chad looks worried. Abby starts to cry, Chad turns around. Abby bolts, Chad calls after her (quietly).

but [Rafe] loves [Hope] so much he can't hold it back
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Great acting by Kate Mansi (Abby), Billy Flynn (Chad), and nice scenes with Teen Ciara as well.

Brady, Jeannie T, Summer, and for that matter Victor and Maggie can all go fly a kite in a lightning storm for my money.

Rafe & Hope...no, thank you. While not as revolting as the poker-swinger and the druggie, I'm just not feeling it. Keep them platonic friends.

OK so, Summer is 30ish, or whatever, and knew she was adopted, yet she is hurt/surprised that her birth mom gave her up? Yes, sure, first Maggie said she didn't know, but this storyline is so ridiculous. Summer, cry us a river and float away please!

Not a fan of Rafe and Hope.

Summer story ridiculous. She would have to be close to 60 if Maggie was young. And why so devastated? Is it just because Maggie originally lied? Needs to end.

Poor Abigail. While I'm sure she might be giving off a bad vibe, I don't think he'd be hysterical with her and calm down completely with someone else. Make her feel like bad mom on top of everything else.

I'm not feeling Rafe and Hope together either. The scenes were actually a bit cringeworthy for me because the actors seemed to be trying too hard to force chemistry. Leave them as friends and let Rafe find someone younger so he can have kids of his own. And no Days, showing me Tom and Alice's photo isn't going to get me to change my mind.

Not interested in Brady, Jeannie T or Summer. Why are they out on a date the night before Eric is going to jail?

Let's all be thankful we didn't actually have to see Abigail get sick. For a minute, I thought we were. I agree that Thomas being upset was a bit of overkill. The first time was fine but the second time was too much. I was also surprised they used a real baby for most of the episode.

The scenes with Ciara were interesting. Not sure I like where they may be leading.

I think Kayla, Jen and Eric should have been on today as well. Bad continuity as usual.

Thanks, Jason.

I enjoyed the conversation with Ciara and Chad. She tried to explain to him
how she was feeling and maybe Abby was feeling the same way.

I thought it was interesting the lullaby Ciara was singing and Abby remembered
Bridget. Bridget hasn't been mentioned for awhile.

I guess Brady's spidey senses were working overtime since he worried about
Summer. I wonder how many bedrooms the townhouse has if Summer
spends the night.

Does Salem have bugs? Chad left the door open to the garden and Hope's
front was open when they were kissing.

Last edited:
Bah I was disappointed by today's episode. In my opinion it was flat and dull, I was actually hoping it would finish faster lol. Perhaps maybe because Rafe and Hope romantically kind of bores me nor does it seem right. Then again we were bombarded by Summer today as was Brady and Theresa just oh man was annoying to watch. Girl Summer get it together geez!

Also did not enjoy the once again awkward scenes between Abby and Ciara in my opinion. They act like strangers then relatives and it's great to see Ciara handle the baby calmly after Abby freaked out on her. Of course yes Abby has every right to feel the way she does. A young mother who can't help her son would make a woman upset. But ya let's see what's on for friday.

OMG Nikkifan! That actually crossed my mind when I saw Chad talking with Ciara. If you thought that and so did I.....I wonder if they both end up "comforting each other" so to speak. Hope would freak out! Theo would be crushed if something happened with Uncle Chad and Ciara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preferred hypothetical Hope-to-Rafe line: "I thought you said that you just wanted to be friends!" :rolleyes: Noticed that when she scooted away from him on the couch, he scooted closer. :rolleyes:

I can do without Rafe's boyish, "aw, shucks" (while kicking a rock with his gym shoe) approach. I realize that I am the cheese standing alone on this! :)

Kudos to Ciara for her measured, adult conversation with Chad. At last!!

Abby's mentally-disturbed act is starting to stress me out. :eek: Will she go to Nanny Bridget's for an extended recovery visit? Did that lullaby foreshadow?

Abby, Chad, and Ciara were all wearing black, today. Do they make black onesies? :rolleyes:

It seems that the garden French doors have become the main entrance at the DiMansion. :)

The Brady/Theresa date night was very romantic! :love: :love: Until Summer showed up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back