Days of Our Lives - Thu., Apr. 28, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the hospital, Philip enters Victor's room. Victor had him summoned. Vic tells Philip he's forgiven, welcome back to the family. Apparently, it was a dream, as Philip awakens to the sound of an alarm. The staff kicks him out to tend to Victor. He watches panicked as the staff deals with Victor. Later, the staff member informs him that Victor had low oxygen stats, but is OK now. He gets a call from Belle (see below).

At the police station, Theo continues to try to defend Ciara, Mark is denying anything to do with Ciara. The judge says he's pressing charges for the vandalism anyway. Ciara enters, wants to take full responsibility. Then Claire, Joey, Henry, et al, each take responsibility. Kayla and Hope attempt to pay for the damages, the judge wants the kids arrested, orders Rafe to begin processing them. The kids are taken out, Belle tries to get the judge to see Mark's part in it, of course he doesn't, blah blah blah. Abe tries to take Theo home; he won't leave without Ciara. Theo explains what happened at the prom, Abe says that doesn't excuse vandalism. Abe's grateful that Theo wasn't involved, Theo says he would have been by her side if she'd told him, stalks off. Abe and Hope talk about Ciara and Theo's bond, had each other's backs since they were kids, Abe worries he's overprotective, but has to look out for Theo, who has to learn to navigate adult challenges. He lowers the boom: Theo should see less of Ciara. Abe recognises (and Hope doesn't contest) that Theo cares more for Ciara than she does for Theo, and re-iterates how Theo wanted to stand by Ciara.

In a separate room, Shawn-D asks Belle how Claire got dragged into this, Belle thinks Claire may have been the mastermind. Shawn-D and Belle argue about who was the least attentive parent.

At the Kmansion, Deimos rifles through some papers in a box (money? I can't tell).

In the holding cell, Jade kills a bug, alarming Claire. Ciara is at the bars as Claire tries to comfort her. Later, Claire is glad she stood by Ciara, talks about a Romeo & Juliet line she was planning to swipe for a lyric. Meanwhile, Joey's in an adjacent cell, tells Jade she's not as tough as she seems, thanks for sticking by them. Then Ciara and Claire talk about whose parents care more, Ciara is worried she will be grounded, Claire is sure her parents will be too busy fighting to ground her.

Shawn-D and Hope have a brief scene, like strangers, she worries the kids won't get out tonight, Shawn-D thinks it will do them well. He goes to the other side of the room. Kayla enters, has decided not to call Steve to tell him about Joey. She and Hope hug, leave. Lani comes over to Shawn-D (who has walked back on-screen, Hope did not say good-by to him), says Roman wants them on a stakeout. Shawn-D could use the distraction, since he at least knows where Claire is. (Yes, Claire says to Ciara, "Your parents.") Later, Claire is singing a torch song as the camera pans over her, Ciara, and Jade. Pan to Joey, who is dreaming of his encounter with Jade. When she's done, Henry tells her she's awesome, reveals he uploaded her song to YouTube.

In the park, Belle calls Justin, leaves a message asking for legal advice. Then she calls Philip, wants to meet at the hotel. Give me 10 minutes, Phil says.

In Hope's office, Rafe comforts Hope over Ciara's travails. Hope has to find a way to get through to Ciara. Later, he has taken her home, this wasn't the evening they'd planned. They kiss and he leaves; she looks at a picture of her with Ciara (Lauren Boles).

At the seedy motel, Shawn-D is looking out the window with binoculars. Someone in a uniform is checking in, he and Lani give a play-by-play, until they realise it's a delivery guy. Lani jokes about taking the plates so they can get takeout later, Shawn-D laughs, she compliments him. They hear moaning from the next room, and kiss. Shawn-D pulls away, they could lose their jobs. Lani says she made up the stakeout, she could tell he needed a distraction. They hear something from the next room, go over there, guns drawn. They enter the room, find a woman who just shot her husband and his lover. (She complies with their order to drop the gun before telling us what happened.) Later, Shawn-D congratulates Price on the good work, scene is secured, they should head back to the station. Lani is turned on by this, Shawn-D looks flummoxed. She just meant she's turned on being alone at the motel with him.

Philip arrives at his hotel, Belle is waiting. He says he was worried, she pulls him into a kiss. Sex scene follows. Later, Belle tells Philip about the prom fiasco, how the kids were provoked, how Shawn-D thinks it was her fault. Philip denies this, says it's tough to be a single parent, she asks him to marry her.

At Victor's hospital room, Deimos sits by the bedside. Deimos says Nicole is intriguing, Victor says Nicole is a gold-digger. Deimos is wise to the plan, Victor admits that's what he wanted, but says Nicole refused. Deimos isn't about to let a woman get close to him. Deimos reminds Vic that he saw right through Philip's act when Vic sent him after [Deimos]. Deimos appreciates the warning, has things under control. Victor wants to know why Deimos is here; Deimos says he forgives him.

At the cell, Jade comes over to Ciara, asks her what she wants out of life. (Jade apparently has some ideas of where she's headed.) Ciara doesn't know, and it scares her.

At Hope's, she gets another call from Mystery Voice. Somebody needs to stop Deimos before he takes another life.

Victor tells Deimos that he doesn't want forgiveness, even if he didn't kill Helena, he is responsible for her death. Had it not been for Deimos, Helena "wouldn't have been on that cliff, and would never have fallen." Victor tells him he should be begging for forgiveness, which he will never grant. Deimos vows to send him there now, starts to suffocate him.

Thank you for the summary, Jason.

The Victor / Deimos scene sounds good. I think I could do without the rest of the show.

Lani is just plain creepy! Did Abe ever do a background check on her? It seems like she could be a police detective as she said, but maybe she escaped from a mental hospital before coming to Salem. Conniving and manipulating describe her. Wait a minute, that describes half the characters on the show.

Belle....:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: She's a disgusting tramp in my book. (Trying to be nice compared to what I called her out loud.) Talk about grief sex.....she seems to jump into bed with Philip every time she has a confrontation with Shawn.

Are we getting new writers soon? Is this the best they can do?

The teens in jail....silly, boring.

Belle - this actress is so much better than what they have been giving her. Can the writers go back and look at her acting when she was on before? Why are they writing her as this insecure, flip floppy, one note character?

Hope and Shawn-D. - They used to have a wonderful mother and son bond. Now they are like two strangers.

In her cell, Claire sings the song she sang at the prom - but with no music accompanying her. Henry had already uploaded it to you tube at the prom.

Agree this jail stuff is stupid, do they really toss teens into a cell until morning? Judge or no judge, where is Roman. Abe is mayor, Roman commander, Hope a detective, as is Rafe, Belle an attorney, Shawn D. was supposed to be working in forensics (so no idea why he would go on a stakeout) and yet combined, or individually, NO ONE could arrange for bail to be set??

And why would no one ask, listen to what had happened? Hope gives a silent Ciara a big lecture, deserved, yes. But has Ciara told her mother about Mark grabbing and kissing her?
Thank goodness Theo was able, finally, to tell about the labeled pictures.

Well-connected teens in jail? Whatever happened to Salem in-crowd privilege? That said, based on the many negative comments about the teen crowd on this board, the writers might just be doing the viewers a favor if they simply left the whole group in jail. Speaking of the jailed teens, good luck to Kayla castigating Little Joey for his part in the car vandalism. What does she say after he says, "Mom! This is nothing! I recently got away with murder! Another mother who might not have a comeback is trampy Belle. What's she going to say when Claire asks where she was while she and her friends languished in jail? -- "Oh, I went over to the Salem Inn for a hot night with Philip."

Last edited:
I really liked Jade today. The writers are giving her more depth than Ciara. The teen scene should focus on Claire, Henry, and Jade, in my opinion.

I'm tired of Victor and I hope Deimos does him in. Then we can get Victor as a snarky ghost/vision, which could be a blast.

Lani, Shawn-D, and Belle make no sense. I hope Philip figures out that Belle wants him more after fights with Shawn-D, and gets some self-respect. (I won't hold my breath, though.)

I'm completely lost on who the Mystery Voice is...theories...?

Thanks, Jason.

It was nice to see little Ciara's picture. She sure has changed since last year.

Hope told Ciara revenge feels good at the moment, but later there is a price to
pay. I thought of Hope shooting Stefano and wonder if her paying the price
is coming soon.

I wonder if Roman had been on duty if the charges would have been
dropped and
kids sent home not jail. Will someone in the Salem PD go to the club and find the
slides Mark had inserted. Nah, that would be too easy.

Since Shawn mentioned the woman who shot her husband and lover would
be taken to hospital, will we see her later with Abby?

I can't believe Belle thought it was fine and dandy to sleep with Philip while
her daughter
was in jail. I think she just passed Sami on making bad mother choices.

The thing is, since Judge McNair is the "victim" more or less, he has NO say so in what is done with the kids. Another judge could have been talked into coming down.
Actually, the judge had no business being there except to file a complaint about his car being vandalized. (How often did a judge ever show up at the police station in the old Law and Order? Ans.: Never.) He then should have taken his reprobate son and messed-up car and gone home. And as a victim, he won't be able to handle the teens cases. Of course, they could end up before JJ's old pal, Judge Goldberg. If so, they'll soon be wearing orange vests and picking up the trash in the Town Square or perhaps scrubbing Snow White the former Town Square couch, which may be looking dingy gray these days after collecting dust in a municipal warehouse.

Back