Days of Our Lives - Thu., Dec. 6, 2018

Yeah, but it sure has never been mentioned since. But then, they have changed the square a lot. The white sofa is gone, as are the open fire pits. It got smaller, narrower. But everything stays green all year, even the adjacent park. They must have an area where you can check your coat, hat, boots, gloves, scarves, which is why in mid-winter, no Salemite is seen wearing any. LOL

I don't see a problem with whether or not the Salemites wear coats unless they are in a blizzard. We have had highs in the forties the past few days and I wear long sleeve or three-quarter length dresses, with no coat! In fact, I wear that type of clothing year round, ALWAYS without a coat. I prefer cooler weather. I moved to Georgia, from Michigan, 38 years ago and I am tired of having people say, "Where's your coat?" I just smile and reply, "Which one?"

Well, KathyLu, I am from Chicago, and Salem is less than an hour away, and one HAS to wear a coat, a scarf, gloves, and at times, a hat/cap. Many wear ear muffs. It is winter, it is cold, ...heck, when it gets to 40s, some midwest folks are in bermuda shorts/flip-flops...maybe just a sweatshirt. As that would be WARM after temps near zero. I have been in a snowstorm/blizzard in April in Chicago.
The average Dec. temp for Chicago area is 2°, today they are lucky and will get to low 20s. In January, minus 8....
Yep, my daughter lives in your state, and when she first moved there, was complaining about it being 65 on Thanksgiving. She now will complain the other way. :)

Poirot, your comment on bermuda shorts in the Upper Midwest because it feels "warm" reminds me of a mid-January day in Evanston, just north of Chicago. After constant temperatures between two and the teens, the thermometer reached the mid-twenties and people on the Northwestern University campus were walking around with open coats because it felt warm. That said, let's not forget wind. Add that to the low winter temperatures, and University Hospital would be flooded with lightly-clad Salemites suffering from hypothermia and frostbite.

...one HAS to wear a coat, a scarf, gloves, and at times, a hat/cap.
I understand what you mean but, again, it depends on the person. If I wore a coat into Wal*Mart, I would be dripping with sweat even if it's below freezing outside. I keep a coat, hat, boots and gloves in my car during December and January in case I need them. I just never have. :)

You are very lucky.....Our Wal-Mart is always freezing (in grocery section, due to coolers, freezers, produce, meat, etc. all needing the cold air) All the checkers and personnel wear sweaters.
My daughter in Houston is freezing at 40+, she walks early every morning. She is very acclimated to the temps down there. Heck, she was up here last summer and complained about our high 70s/low 80s. All in what you get used to. I have had to go outside our WalMart to warm up at times, as it is terrible how cold it is.

For some reason, he is always the writer when there is anything violent on the show.
I'm curious about how these break down. Do the head writers say, "Let's make a fight between x and y," and then assign it to this writer?
Or do the heads say, "X and Y should have a confrontation," and then when it's assigned to this script writer, he decides to make it a fight?
I remember an episode where Sami fantasizes about Allie and Johnny as adults, Johnny was a mobster and Allie had weight and alcohol issues.
Fun fact - Young Johnny was played by the future Nathan Horton, Mark Hapka.
Allie being around an inebriated Sami.
Sorry if it wasn't clear in the summary - Allie got drunk, not Sami.
If so, they really need a throwaway line about the roof.
How long until we just admit that Salem is a mall that stretches from an airport to a pier and all outside scenes are in the parking lot?
Nice to see Lani and Eli finally get together. Hoping for some good story for them.
Am I the only one who hopes that André or Tony is playing them, and David Abraham is really alive? After all, I think he once was in a love triangle with David. An adventure story that reunites them with their child after they have healed would be welcome.

After all, I think he once was in a love triangle with David.
He was indeed.

latest

@Jason......I do believe the headwriters do the basic story outline......then the breakdown writers break the outline into the various scenes, throwing in the "filler" where needed.........then that is given to the dialogue writers, which includes David Kreisman. After all is said and done, then there is the editing, which changes some stuff.
Couple years ago, don't remember what exactly happened, except it WAS nasty, and I looked to see who wrote it. David K. Since then, I have checked when there is anything violent, he is usually the writer, 9 times out of 10. I also notice that Carol Culliton is usually the one who is listed when there is something really emotional.
However, Days does film scenes from 2 or 3 shows in one day, which are then edited into a single show, so writers or directors are listed in credits, when maybe for one scene, wasn't them.

Days does film scenes from 2 or 3 shows in one day, which are then edited into a single show
I would imagine the shows are written as episodes, and the filming (aside from the bad edits) is just incidental to who is credited (i.e., David K. wrote today's episode, parts of which may have been filmed over 2-3 different days). So I'd guess that episodes with planned violence are handed to the writer who likes it/does it well (though I don't care for it).

Lucas is going to Italy to take care of who, now?

Oh, riiiiiiight. He's got a daughter. Interesting how he almost never mentions her to anyone, but now she's his excuse for leaving Salem. Children are so convenient for that. :sarcasm:

Erm... Lucas has mentioned Allie in almost every episode he's appeared in for the last several months. And in all major stories. He talked about her during Will's resurrection, his alcoholism and recovery, and during the Baby-Bonnie-oops-I-mean-Emily story, too.

I'll agree that it's lousy writing to send him to Italy rather than to bring her home, but apparently Ron Carlivati wanted to give Lucas a "rest" so he can tell more StefanNO stories.

My husband (on the rare moment he catches some of the show) is often confused about whether the characters are inside or outside.

I imagine other new viewers feel the same. I second Heather's comment that they should talk about it a bit more often. E.g., "Wow I'm so glad for the roof on the Square - I can get my Christmas shopping done without a coat and without being in a stuffy mall!" or "Why's the square so dark today?" "They're still clearing the snow from the roof." etc

Back