Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 11, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Steve enters the Johnson home under cover of night. Kayla's sleeping on the couch, and is awakened as Steve knocks something over in the dark. She wants to know what happened. He learns she was trapped in a room in a building on the East side, and tells her the baby died in Jakarta of pneumonia. He says it's over, they can put it behind them. Kayla spots something in Steve's eyes, knows he's holding back something. She doesn't want any secrets, he vows to protect her. Kayla asks point black if Ava was with Steve when he learned about the "baby." Steve fesses up, Kayla knows Ava'll be back, decides to call Roman so Ava can be arrested. Steve is confident that Ava has what she wants, won't be back. (What a dork.) Kayla's skeptical but considers it. Steve relays how mad he was when Ava told him she'd imprisoned Kayla, how he almost killed Ava, but had to keep her alive to protect Kayla. Kayla realised while captive how much time was wasted, thinks maybe some good came out of Ava's return. Steve is adamant that no good came out of it, hates Ava for what she tried to do, etc. He wishes they'd sent Ava out of Salem immediately. Kayla wants to focus on them being together, Steve keeps going on about how Ava played them, including the leukemia scam. Kayla remarks that Ava's insane; Steve admits to mourning the possible loss of his possible child. They get an unbelievable text from Ava (see below). Joe comes in, is mad, Kayla gets a call, steps out. Steve and Joe argue in a whisper about what Joe saw, Kayla enters, knows Steve did what he had to do to save her life. Joe is still mad, needs a sandwich.

Ava lies on a bed and has a flashback.to the blackmail sex, Steve dumping her, learning "their" "child" was dead. Alone, she cries for Steve. (Now this is where her having a friend to talk to would come in handy.) She trashes the room. She cries a lot, then later, texts Steve goodbye, tell Kayla and Joey I'm sorry, you won't see me again, etc. (See above.) In Ava's hotel room, she puts on lipstick and books a one-way flight to Salem, USA.

At the penthouse, John is looking through the chest he got at Maude's, lamenting that he didn't get the chance to know Tim Robicheaux (I'm guessing at the spelling but that's how it's pronounced). They talk about the horror of Maude selling John, etc. He talks about the kind of man Tim was (gleaned from press clippings in the box). He wonders what life would have been like if he'd been raised by Tim & Maude. Marlena thinks he'd be the same fine man if he'd been raised by his bio parents, but points out they might not have met. Now John wouldn't change a thing, but thinks that fate would have brought them together, no matter what his last name was. Marlena looks at a picture of Tim, tells John he resembles him. A bit later, John is re-resolved to stop the folks who did this to him, Marlena is worried, won't let him take on the battle. They go back and forth about whether or not he should do this; Marlena is worried, John is resolved.

At the Brady home, repeat of Chase's backpack bursting into flames as the phone André planted rings. André is listening to a symphony (the same one Bugs Bunny used to play) as he watches on his webcam; Chase, Ciara, and Hope come downstairs, and Chase pulls up a rug to put out the fire. Hope tells Chase to back up, Ciara calls 911, Hope uses an extinguisher on the fire. (Ciara says their address is 526 Scuttlehole Road.) A bit later, she has put out the fire, paramedics are on their way. They speculate on the fire's start. The fire inspector is looking things over, tells Hope she needs to stay somewhere else tonight. Hope calls Jen, who gives permission for the trio to crash at the Horton place. Hope tells Jen things are OK, could have been worse, as she side-eyes Chase.

At the police station, Rafe almost makes a phone call to Hope, but doesn't. (Fun fact: Hope's number is 049-157-0156.)

At Jen's, she is sipping a warm drink when the doorbell rings. She hides her pills, answers the door. The trio exchanges thanks, she refuses, etc., then Hope tells her about the fire. The kids go upstairs, and the cuzzes talk about how rough it's been for Jen since the accident (she hasn't slept a full night, looks groggy). They talk briefly about Daniel, Hope thinks maybe she should have gone to Julie's. Jen has big plans, wants to make breakfast, no problem. Hope plans to return to the house, check things out, find out about the fire. Jen tries to talk her out of it, but loses; outside, Hope calls Rafe, tells him she thinks André's made his first move. Back inside, Jen is checking on the kids, who are both too wired to sleep. Chase tries to act casual, Ciara won't look at him, he suspects it's because she thinks he started the fire. She doesn't, although she considered it, because of Aiden's attempted murder of Hope, Chase's throwing matches at the blood stains, etc. Ciara thinks that perhaps Chase might have started the fire, to look brave by stopping it. Chase thinks Ciara thinks he's out of his mind. Ciara doesn't, but Chase still continues his fit, leaves, telling them he doesn't need them, go to hell. After he leaves, Ciara hollers after him, nobody wants you here.

At Hope's, Hope wants Shawn to investigate, Rafe wants this not to be official, vows to protect her, Hope wants to do something to stop Andre. Rafe 86s the idea of icing André, they discuss how to move forward, how André could have gotten someone to rig the fire. Hope has a flash, finds the webcam. (Meanwhile André is laughing and adding his own dialogue as he watches Rafe and Hope.) Later, Hope has gone to the DiMansion, Harold claims that André is gone, Rafe confirms this (saying it looks like André left in a hurry).

Thanks, Jason.
The music was the Ride of the Valkyries........and when anyone hears it, they will realize it is very familiar.
Ava texts Steve & family & then decides to book a flight to Salem? Gee, Salem in Wisconsin is such a small town, doubt there is an airport that could handle a big jet. LOLOL Bet Salem in some other states are in the same position.
So...Steve doesn't tell Kayla what he had to do in order to get her freed, huh? Sigghhh.
And Andre' has beat a hasty retreat.......while Harold mentions the foreclosure, and a buyer, but doesn't say who? Am glad Hope found the camera.

Okay, so I'm guessing that no one has told Chase that his father wasn't the Necktie Killer.

And with this show, which I am watching live, I'm back to not caring much, about anything. It just doesn't make sense. None of it makes sense. It's like they put ideas on a board on the floor and then dropped names from the balcony and that's how the stories are being written.

Thank you, Jason.

Chase knows his father tried to kill Hope. He may or may not know about the gambling. And I think it has been in the papers that the necktie killer was Ben. And yes, the editing on the show has not been done well at all When you cut scenes, or dialogue, it makes it difficult to follow along. But, I am thinking that this is being done to discard/change directions of certain story. Too bad they did not discard Ava & Steve sex.

Heck, today was the lst time Hope talked to Jennifer after the accident, there has not even been a mention. But obviously, from their conversation, they have.

So now, am guessing that Chase, running off like that, is gonna meet up with the slime ball andre'. What the heck is wrong with Ciara, talking to Chase like that, she already knows he is easily upset and hating himself. Then, she doesn't call out to Jen....or call her mom??? Ugh.

Misery (what else?) abounded in Salem today. At the Johnson home, Steve was tiptoeing around landmines, giving poor Kayla a highly selective account of his "adventures" with lunatic Ava, while Little Joey seethed over certain omissions in Steve's narrative. Over at Hope's the lady of the house may have put out the physical fire, but her internal inferno regarding the DiMeras reached new levels of intensity. At Jenny's, the hapless waif, Chase, was getting all the wrong answers from the insufferable Teen Ciara. And at the DiMansion, Andre was deprived of his new form of evening entertainment, and poor Harold was rousted out in his bathrobe to deal with the latest set of enraged visitors to the DiMansion. Finally, it wasn't a good day for the viewers who were forced to endure a flashback of Steve's erotic adventures with Ava. Thanks, writers.

I thought it was Chase's phone that was plugged into the outlet that caused the fire when it started ringing. Later I see Chase at Jennifer's on his phone.

Tim Robicheaux (I'm guessing at the spelling but that's how it's pronounced).

It would probably be spelled Robichaud. This is the usual way this name is spelled. And don't worry, Jason, I'm not correcting you to make you feel bad. I'm just taking this opportunity to say that this was the only comment that came to mind at first. Not that you didn't do a great job, Jason, but that is to say I do not care much about Days right now.

I can't believe what's been done to Kayla and Steve, but mainly to Steve. Ruined.

I FF Marlena and John cause I'm tired of John looking into his past.

I can't believe Jennifer didn't hear Ciara and Chase arguing. Then again, she's completely out of it because of the pills.

And lastly, Hope and the fire. Please, make this thing with Andre end. So many things wrong. First, Hope keeps letting the kids handle things on their own. While Ciara may appear to be a brat, I think she has every right to be scared. But she should be able to talk to someone, namely her mother, about her fears. Not Chase. Unfortunately, again, Hope is never really there, is she ? So, again, make this end.

Oh, by the way, did anyone catch what Hope said on Andre's camera ? I'm not that good at lip reading, plus not my first language, so... Thanks in advance !

O.K. I don't know why, but at jen's, Chase was fooling with a phone, but asking Ciara if she wanted to listen to JJ's music list. Made me think he was using JJ's phone???
However, yes, Andre' put something into Chase's backpack that was activated by his calling Chase's cell phone.
Chase had dropped his bag by the door........he never opened it or plugged in his phone. And would not have done it there, anyway.
What is wrong with this......Teens' phones are in their pockets/purses, on them selves at all times. Andre's ploy could easily have begun a fire in Chase's room...preventing him from escaping, etc. etc. The backpack would have been there as well.

WHY was it not mentioned at all, that Chase's carryall was burned up?
And.....folks, I give ALL firemen a great deal more credit than to just accept a homeowner's idea that it was a short in an outlet. SO, what was plugged into the outlet? Nothing.

It would probably be spelled Robichaud.
Thanks! That spelling does look familiar. I guess I prefer French names that end in -eaux because x is my favourite letter. As to what Hope said, I went back and checked. My guess would be she said "You sick creep," or something like that. I'm pretty sure of the vowels and the "p" at the end.

Having had my CC on......JasonD......your spelling of the name was very much what I saw. Robichaux
And let me say here......I have a good friend whose last name is Deveraux. He was at a lab getting tests, having folks coming up and mentioning Jack D. & was perplexed. I filled him in. But....thus, I paid attention.

I am thinking that Andre put another cell phone in Chase's bag and that is how the fire started. Weird, or typical I guess, that they didn't mention anything about the backpack being burned. At the very least Chase should have said "oh no my backpack was there!" And at first I thought oh Ciara is going to see Chase as being so brave and now maybe start to fall for him but nope. That went downhill very quickly. Did she honestly think he set the fire? Ugh. I do like how much Aiden is being mentioned. Even though they still think he was psycho but still, they are talking about him! Before it was like he never existed.

Thanks Jason. Poirot is correct, closed captioning spelled the name the way you did.

How long will it be before Chase realizes his backpack gone? Or was he in on
Andre's
plan so he could save the day

I loved the music when the fire was burning.

Too bad the camera was found. I enjoyed Andre's funny dialogue to what he was seeing :)

I just went back to see what Hope said. I think she said "You sick son of a ......"

So, Kayla and Steve aren't supposed to keep secrets. I hope Steve realizes it's better
to tell Kayla now what happened instead of later.

I enjoyed John and Marlena.

I wonder if Chad will keep the DiMera staff when he moves into the mansion.

Wow, if Joey is sickened by what he witnessed his father and Ava doing, wait until he finds out that Steve left the country with Ava and actually DID that with her! This is going to come back and bite Steve in the rear eventually. Even if Ava ends up dead after all this, her trail of destruction has left its mark. I'm just sickened by this storyline and I don't think I will be able to look at Steve or Steve/Kayla the same after this. Thanks writers. :angry:

This Hope/Rafe/Andre mess needs to end immediately. Re: the fire at Hope's house....who the heck just stands there in a smoke filled room, coughing, acting like there's not a door to the outside 3 feet away to get some fresh air?? :eek: And gee, I'm so glad that Hope could put her own messed up life aside for 2 seconds to ask her cousin how she's doing after the accident. Hey, it's only been 6 weeks.....

I'm just sickened by this storyline and I don't think I will be able to look at Steve or Steve/Kayla the same after this. Thanks writers. :angry:

My sentiments exactly. Steve Johnson, my favorite character ever, is ruined. And at the same time, my favorite couple ever is also ruined ! :angry::angry:I never, ever thought that would happen. Before, there was hope. Steve could come back from the dead (and I waited 15 years, like many other members here, for that to happen), he could regain his memory and remember his "sweetness", even when they got divorced, because of the previous stupid writing regime, there was hope, but this ? Nope. I just can't stomach it. :sick::sick::angry: Again, to me, this is the end of Kayla and Steve, because I cannot root for Steve anymore, I just want Kayla to find out and throw Steve out on his behind. Congrats and thanks, new writers, indeed ! :angry:

And gee, I'm so glad that Hope could put her own messed up life aside for 2 seconds to ask her cousin how she's doing after the accident. Hey, it's only been 6 weeks.....

For sure. Though I would have liked them to dive deeper and for Hope to sense something is wrong with Jen. Surely Eric can't be the only one with the Salem brain on this.

Can't believe Hope mentioned Shawn.

I fast forwarded most of this episode. Lots of characters I'd like to see but not a lot of writing I want to see. Terrible.

Back