Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 15, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Replay of Eric stopping Henry from eating Jennifer's donut at their dinner. Eric says he has to apologize, and explains that Anna jumped to the wrong conclusion, and the information Anna shared was incorrect. Dr Shah is uncomfortable. Eric declares that he is over Nicole, wants Jennifer. He pleads and she rejects him, but he keeps the donut. Eric leaves. Later, after an apparently uncomfortable end of the dinner, Henry says that although she's been courteous, he's known all along that her heart belongs to Eric Brady.

Chad and Abby are leaving the DiMansion for a Valentine's date. They needle Stefan0 on the way out. At DiMansion, Stefan0 is playing chess with himself and talking to Stefano's portrait. He muses about taking out the King, and winning the Queen.

At Doug's Place, Eli and Gabi arrive, Julie is surprised to see her. Eli plans to prove Gabi is innocent, Julie feels this will be a mistake. Rehash of the Nick ordeal, and Eli reaffirms that he is on a mission to clear Gabi's name. Julie declares (after Gabi stalks off) that Gabi could be guilty; she's not (Eli); she is/could be (Julie). Back and forth for about 50 years on this point. Then Trask walks up, says she's got Gabi dead to rights. (Gack this is awful.) Gabi comes up, claims innocence, and Trask keeps needling her about the statement of what Abby said Gabi said. Gabi bolts; outside, she runs into Chad and Abby and lets them have it.

In the Private Area, Gabi has zipped away from the club and Eli catches up with her. She was stressed by the scene(s) at the club, Eli affirms he believes in her innocence and will do everything he can. Gabi worries that's not enough. Eli believes she was framed; Gabi tells Eli of her & Chad's suspicion re: Stefan0. Eli won't let the woman he loves go to prison for a crime she didn't commit. She wonders what she did to deserve such a great guy, she will always be there for him.

Back at Doug's Place, Julie gives Trask a drink and they talk about the case. Meanwhile, Chad tries to refocus Abby's energies away from Gabi/the case. Julie then brings them some champagne from Stefan0 and blabs about the case, saying all the cops need for a slam-dunk is the coat and the lid to the urn. They affirm their belief in her innocence. Julie has a soufflé emergency, so stalker boy--oops, Stefan0 pours it for them. He claims he just wanted a drink alone (rather than to play cards with Vivian). Later, Chad gives Abby a charm for her bracelet and can't stop looking at Stefan0.

At the bar, Stefan0 thanks Trask for her work on the case, but Trask (now) doesn't want to talk business. He suggests they get down to pleasure. She remarks on his watching Abby.

At Doug's Place, Jennifer's table, Julie asks where "Harold" is. Jen recaps and Julie admits the part she played. Jennifer walks out dazed and confused. Doug comes out in a chef's hat, apparently they are down to one cook, he declares Doug's Place a success. Julie recaps the love disasters that flounced through the restaurant, and Doug reminds her Eli's an adult. He also updates her on JJ's pending proposal.

Later at the Pub, Eric is eating his donut and downing coffee when Jennifer walks in. They kiss.

In Chad & Abby's bedroom, they are getting changing out of their dinner-clothes and Abby is planning a trip to the park with Thomas. Chad is miles away, however, and admits he thinks Stefan killed André.

JJ meets with Doug in the Square. He gives JJ Alice's ring to give to Lani. Doug gives him a talk since his "father and grandfather" are not available. The gist is he wonders if JJ is rushing things with Lani. Doug asserts that having a baby doesn't necessitate getting married. The marriage should be based on love. Lani arrives late, having been held up at the station. Doug congratulates them, and leaves before Julie "short circuits." He tells her of their talk, then gets down on one knee and proposes as extras look on, and Gabi and Eli walk by.

Edited to Add: It's still Valentine's Day in Salem.

Last edited:
This is undoubtedly the most boring sweeps month I have EVER experienced.
:cry::angry::sad:

In the words of the Pope to Michelangelo: "When will you put an end to this?"

Bet Louise Sorel (Vivian) is so glad she came back for this booorrrring snooze fest.

Julie was horrible to Gabi, & really to Eli as well. I missed more than half the show because of another news break from NBC, so only saw beginning and end. thank you to Jason, as it seems I did not miss all that much.....except the commercials. LOL.

Trask tells Julie she cannot discuss the case in public, though she already did with Gabi & Eli, and now assures Julie that if convicted, there will be no chance of Gabi leaving prison. Ugh.

I am assuming it is still Valentine's Day is Salem, which started on Tuesday, since couples are still going out to dinner, etc.

Julie!! :angry: I like her but sometimes I just can't deal with her and today was definitely of of those days. I especially saw red when Julie and D.A. Trask (who was totally out of line for butting into the conversation) basically double-teamed Gabi. I hope Eli isn't too quick to forgive Julie. I know he will, but she deserves to stew up for this one in my oh so very humble opinion.

And don't get me started on Julie serving the D.A. an "Alabama slammer with empahsis on the slammer" which I'm sure was on the house. :angry:

As far as the D.A. fliritling with Stefan (a family member of the victim) is concerned, I kind of wished I could take her aside and tell her the cautionary tale I read about on the internet concerning that kind of fraternizing: There was a D.A. in western Washington state a couple of years ago who engaged in a affair with the mother of a victim in a case his office was prosecuting. Then he engaged in another affair with the mother of the defendant in another case his office was prosecuting. Not surprisingly that gentleman no longer holds that position. It would be such a shame if something like that were to befall her. :)

Gabi and Eli: Unfortunately my affiliate broke in with a special report on the Florida shooting so I expect I'll have more to say when I re-watch the episode On Demand. But I'm torn on them. I think the writing's on the wall and I don't see them making it once the truth about the baby comes out. I think she will eventually be reunited with JJ and obviously I have no objection to that. But darn it all, I sill think she and Eli could have potential. What, oh, what is a Gabi fan to do? :confused:

Thanks, Jason.

What happened to Julie? She was ok with Eli dating Gabi. Did she change
her mind because Gabi was arrested again?

I can't believe Trask told Julie they are looking for a coat and lid of an
urn. Maybe she should have also told Julie Gabi's house was searched and
they didn't find anything.

Gabi and Eli see JJ proposing to Lani. Will Eli try to stop it since he's the
baby daddy?

Poor Henry. Eric took his donut :)

Nice seeing Doug and Julie during one of the Valentine episodes. I wonder
why we didn't see John and Marlena doing something romantic?

I thought the Jennifer/Eric stuff was pretty dumb. Stop! That's my donut!! Poor Dr. Shah. I still really can't get behind Jennifer and Eric. I guess just because the characters have been on for so long I just don't buy that they suddenly love each other.

Julie! Yes, I just want to smack her! Does she not realize Nick was not a nice person? Julie was funny with Doug and she can't get over how cute he is in that hat. I can't get over the fact that the man is 92!!!

Lani and JJ are cute. Drunken one night stand that he didn't remember turning into a lifetime but I think I'd still rather have JJ and Gabi or honestly JJ and Paige! At least Casey Moss (JJ) and True O'Brien (Paige) are together in real life just not reel life. :rotfl:

Who knew?: Apparently, Melinda Trask does have a social life of sorts. Based on past episodes, viewers would have thought that all she did after hours was go home, chew the carpet, and work on prosecuting hapless Salemites who don't have connections.

Understatement: Dr. Shah's comment that being interrupted by an eccentric, rude, donut-obsessed, sourpuss was "awkward" was being kind. Instead, he might have asked Jenny, "Who was that idiot?"

Dumb question: Doug doesn't know it yet, but he was right to warn JJ against a precipitous marriage to Lani. However, his question: "Are you always going to love each other?" ignored Salem history. How many couples there have performed this incredible feat?

Hyperbole: Eli says that he'll work 24/7 to exonerate Gabi? Really? Most Salem P.D. officers rarely devote more than a few minutes a week to police matters.

I've got to agree with others that this was a boring episode. The donut shenanigans was an attempt at being cute that ended up looking silly. Julie continuing to nag everyone about Gabi and Nick when he's been dead for like 4 years and the truth about what he did is widely known isn't entertaining, just tiresome and annoying. And Trask was incredibly unprofessional---but I guess that's to be expected, given the reputation of Salem's medical staff and police department. All I have to say is thank goodness it wasn't a Friday episode.

I wasn't watching from the very beginning like many here, so did not know teen/20 something, etc. Julie. But I will say, that when I began, in the 80s, when Julie did appear, yep, she definitely was not nice at all to some of the characters. This thing now about ol Nicky has gotten out of hand, as has her verbal attacking of Gabi every chance. Seems to me that Doug was a victim in the Salem Slasher story, as was Alice, and that was all due to Andre. Plus all the misery and heartache he caused others she loved, thruout the years...one would think Julie would be happy he FINALLY got what he deserved, but no.........because Gabi is accused, she is dancing in the streets!

Seems to me that Doug was a victim in the Salem Slasher story, as was Alice
I had totally forgotten about that. That's a terrific point. I hope Mr Carlivati (Head Writer Ron) uses this at some point.

I wouldn't mind Julie singing the same song if it were to a different beat. Here's an example.

Julie: Now darling Eli, I know you didn't know me back when Nick was murdered by Gabi, but I could be a bit overbearing. And judgmental.

Eli: [strains facial muscles trying not to react]

Julie: [clearly looking for a reaction from Eli] And harsh. [Beat] And...well, darling, what I'm trying to say is...I'm trying to change, but I just can't forgive that Hernandez woman for what she did!

Eli: To your poor Nicky. [Julie's face falls.] Grandma, I know how you feel about Gabi.

Julie: And I was willing to put that aside, for your happiness, but now that's she's murdered...

Eli: [interrupting] accused of murdering André DiMera. And I'm going to prove she's innocent.

Julie: Eli darling, I don't want you to ruin your career. Someday, you could be Commissioner, you could follow in your Great Aunt Hope's footsteps, as long as you don't get into serious [Half beat, turn to camera, then back] trouble.

Eli: Grandma, that's a long way off. And this conversation isn't going anywhere. I'm going to the station.

Something that pokes fun at the repetitiveness or has a comedic element to it can do a lot to alleviate the tedium in an overbaked story. Just my opinion.

Back