Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 18, 2016

Um, today's show dragged along for me with no real story advancement.

Poor Ciara. How long until someone finds out what happened? Please do not drag this out.

What is the point of having Hope break the law if she is not going to get away with it?

Did like that they had Brady standing on real sand/beach.

Why does Nicole need to go traipsing along after Brady?

Eric & Jennifer? It just seems wrong.

I am so close to pulling the plug on this show. Terrible storylines. Nothing interesting and an insult to the actors and fans. I am still hanging on since I love A Martinez (Eduardo) and the guys on Dishin' Days. Otherwise I would be gone. What a mess this once proud show has become.

edited to add character's name - please remember not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters - JS

And it wasn't exactly a glorious day for the Salem P.D. either with dirty cops Rafe and Hope lying, lying, and lying some more. It's enough to make a viewer sympathize with Andre as incredible as that seems.

I know what you mean! Andre is a better detective than they are! I keep saying "but he's right!!" when guessing what happened to dear old dad, as awful as he was.

I'm glad they didn't show the actual act as well but to be honest I wasn't expecting to see more. The way it picked up today is exactly what I thought would happen. I must say as revolting as this rape story is, Vivian Jovanni (Ciara) is really showing some development acting-wise. I thought she played the rape victim very well. I'm sure many women, especially who have been raped by someone close to them, feel shame, guilt, and disgust with themselves. While they certainly shouldn't feel that way I think it's only natural. I'm so glad Theo was there for her today and I can understand why she didn't tell him what happened. She's probably in shock. It will be really interesting to see the interaction with Hope next time they see each other. I don't expect this to come out right away but it needs to happen sooner than later because if they drag this out until next sweeps period, I will scream.

Why is Belle such a witch?! Oh my goodness, the way she berated Shawn today was atrocious. I have no problem with Shawn moving on with someone else. I just wish it wasn't Lani. Ugh.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope Andre somehow turns the tables on Hope and Rafe and nails them to the wall for what they're doing. I'm sorry, but I can't stand this story and just because Hope and Rafe are supposed to be the "good guys" doesn't make me go rah rah and shake my pompoms for murdering Stefano, covering it up, and then framing Andre for it. I would be all for Hope to wake up soon in the psych ward with this all having been a terrible dream. Heck, this would give the show an easy out for the death of Bo should Peter Reckell ever decide he wants to come out of retirement.

Thanks Jason for the summary.

I'm glad the incident with Ciara and Chase ended yesterday and
we didn't have to see more of it today.

I hope Ciara will talk to someone soon about what happened.
Maybe she can talk to Claire.

Roman is suspicious of Hope and Rafe. Will a body be found? If not, no
one will be charged.. I loved it when Roman called Andre Andy.

Eric might be going to jail for three to 14 years. So he goes out and
gets drunk. I hope he didn't drive to Jennifer's house. Will Eric and Jennifer
go past kissing? I hope not on the sofa.

I loved seeing Brady on the beach. I wondered when it was filmed since
he was the only one we saw on the beach.

I'm sorry but I don't think it's "natural" for rape victims to feel shame, guilt or disgust with themselves. It may be all too common, which I suspect is what was actually meant by that comment, but natural, no. Those feelings are a by-product of misplaced societal norms that badly need to be dispatched ASAP. (What would be natural, in my opinion, is rage.)

As for Rafe, Hope and Andre, as much as I despise what they've done to the characters of Rafe and Hope, I hope they succeed in pinning the murder on Andre. As others have said, hoist him on his own petard and put him away where the sun don't shine because I just despise this character and not in the "love to hate" way. Then let's have Stefano's ghost come back and haunt the you-know-what out of Rafe and Hope, make their lives miserable until they recognize the error of their ways (without letting Andre off the hook).

A girl can dream ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Ciara will talk to someone soon about what happened.
Maybe she can talk to Claire.

If she tells Claire, all of Salem will know in a hot minute.

I'm sorry but I don't think it's "natural" for rape victims to feel shame, guilt or disgust with themselves. It may be all too common, which I suspect is what was actually meant by that comment, but natural, no. Those feelings are a by-product of misplaced societal norms that badly need to be dispatched ASAP. (What would be natural, in my opinion, is rage.)

Agree, to an extent, but I expect to see at least a little self-blame from Ciara. First of all because she's young, secondly because she DID kiss him back. She just didn't want it to go farther, nor did she have the capacity to think to really fight him off (her parents were both cops, we know she used to bully Chase, I'd think she had it in her if she'd been thinking straight, but she couldn't).

It won't bother me to see that touched on, because it, to me, would be a believable reaction. Today I got from her feelings of shame, fear, and guilt. Should she feel that way, no, but without any support aside from two teenage boys who don't even know what's going on, how else is she supposed to feel?

I hate what the story line is doing to Hope and Rafe as characters. They had to know that this pairing would be a hard sell for a lot of the audience and this is what they come up with to bring them together. I have two grand-nieces who are aged four and three respectfully; and I have two grand-nephews who are going to be two and a year old in a couple of weeks. I have another grand-nephew who is going to be a year old in May. I bring this up because I firmly believe that if all five of those adorable little tykes were to put their heads together they could easily come up with a story line for Hope and Rafe that is infinitely better then this nonsense.

Even with that being said I do not want to see Andre triumphant in in any way shape or form. Well I'll amend that to say since he didn't kill "Fatha" he shouldn't be sent up the river for it. And since I think there's more likely to be a blizzard in Hades before that ever happens I'm too worried about it. But as far as bringing Hope and Rafe down no I don't want him to be victorious in any way.

Back