Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb. 18, 2016

Chase ran over to Andre's room, looking for him, am thinking that perhaps chase is appalled at himself, at what he did. He obviously ran out of the Horton house, leaving Ciara alone, is ashamed, maybe wanting to apologize, try to make things right, (and that won't happen, and he knows that as well).

I'm sorry but I don't think it's "natural" for rape victims to feel shame, guilt or disgust with themselves. It may be all too common, which I suspect is what was actually meant by that comment, but natural, no. Those feelings are a by-product of misplaced societal norms that badly need to be dispatched ASAP. (What would be natural, in my opinion, is rage.)

Perhaps that was a poor choice of words and I'm sorry if that came across wrong in my post. I didn't mean that a rape victim should feel that way (and said as much) but that it is common, like you said. And as I included in my post, I suspect this is even more so with people who are raped by those close to them as there is a level of trust there that is irreparably broken. Rape is all about control and the fact that Chase said "this is what we both want" probably left Ciara feeling confused and helpless in the moment and then shame and guilt afterwards. I'm sure she's feeling rage too. There are probably about a million emotions going through her right now. I just wanted to reach through the screen and hold her. I hope she can find the strength to tell someone about this, and to be honest, I'm kind of irritated they have Jennifer high as a kite right now because she would be the perfect person for Ciara to open up to. We haven't had any scenes with Ciara and Shawn since Brandon Beemer took over the role. Maybe she can talk to her brother about this as going to Hope will be useless since she's too busy covering up a her murder of Stefano and blaming it on Andre. :rolleyes: I would love to have Marlena happen upon a distraught Ciara. Here's hoping they treat this story right.

You know, I was thinking about the two actors who played young Ciara (Lauren Boles) and Chase (Connor Kalopsis) and was wondering whether they and/or their parents continued watching the show after they left and what they think of this turn of events with their former characters. :eek:

How strange was it that Chase texted Ciara asking her if she was ok and he wanted to see her? Perhaps Andre really did do something to Chase? Maybe something similar like what he did to Chad? Maybe instead of familia, the word was Ciara?

I had a similar thought when Chase first started kissing her. It did seem rather sudden. However, I'm also wondering if this will end up being a Chase/Claire love story a la Jack/Jennifer and that's how Chase is ultimately redeemed. It would also create tension between Claire and Ciara which I'm sure would put Shawn and hopefully Hope in an awkward position.

I fast forwarded most of this episode. I'm also disappointed in Belle's behavior. Since when did Shawn get so judgmental? I'm not buying it. I don't want him with Lani either but I suspect it will make Belle jealous.

Nice to see scenes with Belle and Eric.

Chase ran over to Andre's room, looking for him, am thinking that perhaps chase is appalled at himself, at what he did. He obviously ran out of the Horton house, leaving Ciara alone, is ashamed, maybe wanting to apologize, try to make things right, (and that won't happen, and he knows that as well).

I hope he stopped before he went through with the deed. Otherwise any sort of redemption is going to be nearly impossible, it will be extremely hard as is.

Chase/Claire love story a la Jack/Jennifer
I wondered if that was their ill-conceived plan, as well. I just don't think Chase is connected enough to keep him around logically and in a way that's rootable. They also didn't do enough buildup. And with the André scenes, it adds a pervy EJ/DiMera slime level that will destroy any chance of him being actually redeemed. My opinion only.

Also caught up on some of this episode (I'm avoiding all of the Ciara/Chase unpleasantness) and I've got to say, Drunk Ranty Eric is my favourite Eric. And Dumb Jennifer is kind of interesting too. I was a bit worried there'd be more iffy consent going on but she appeared to be into it, so whatever happened, it appears that there was as much consent as it can be between someone who is drunk and someone who is off their face.

I do hope that this gets pegged back to Jennifer being lonely post Jack's second death or something, rather than being pegged on mourning for Daniel.

I don't think a prosecutor would charge Andre; not enough evidence (yet.)

Wonder if a commercial airline would have flown Brady, considering his medical situation?

Is Stefano's secret jail escape tunnel still extant?

When drunk Eric started waving his arms around while standing in front of the fireplace, I was yelling, "Break the clock, break the clock!!" :sick: :sick:

It was good to see an actual location (beach) shot! :clap:

If I recollect correctly, Rafe assured Hope that he put Stefano's body "someplace where he'll never be found." :rolleyes:

Back