Days of Our Lives - Thu., Feb 19, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Rafe and Victor are at "Edge of the Square," Rafe is enthusiastic that business will pick up tonight, Victor wants to talk about Clyde. What's Weston done now, Rafe wonders. Victor flashes back to Clyde's reveal about stabbing Sonny, tells Rafe to ignore prior instructions, treat Weston like a VIP. Rafe laughs. No joke, Victor explains, they've found an understanding. Clyde's trucks will continue making deliveries. Victor leaves Rafe in the dark on the rest, telling him just to follow orders.

Clyde sits down with Kate, cosies up to him, Kate asks Lucas to stay as he tries to beg off. Clyde and an icy Lucas talk about Will writing the article on the gay ballplayer, Clyde didn't read the article. Clyde gets a call, Lucas asks Kate what she sees in that wingnut. They trade barbs for a moment before she settles back on Adrienne. Adrienne's just a friend, someone he was helping while her husband went AWOL. Clyde rejoins them, invites Lucas to join him & Kate clubbing. Lucas declines.

At the Kmansion, Adrienne is acting frostily toward Justin. He wants to know if this is how it will be until he returns to Dubai. He came home because of Sonny, but he has to go back to Dubai to finish it. She reads him the riot act, she only knows what he tells her. (They're standing about a foot apart at this point.) Does he know what it's like for her, here? Justin snidely says Lucas filled him in. Lucas is a friend, nothing more...let's talk about your friends in Dubai? Justin tries to change the subject, there are only so many ways he can say, "I'm sorry." Can they call a truce? Change the scenery? They decide to go to Edge of the Square.

Serena is on the phone, talking to her mystery caller (Navidad), telling her the switch needs to be done, whether Eric is hurt or not. She goes to leave in a rush, but Eric's at her door. What's wrong, Eric asks. Serena says nothing, he pushes, she tells him to drop it. Cue shocked look. Eric then apologises, Serena says she was thinking about "us" right before he arrived. What are they doing? Where are they going? She doesn't want to pressure him, understands the trauma with Nicole and the priest thing...she just thinks that they're stuck in neutral. It was a mistake for her to come to Salem. Eric promises her it wasn't, then frenches her. Serena doesn't want to hurt him. They start kissing, he takes off his coat, then she removes his shirt, next shots of them writhing and groping and kissing on the bed.

Paul is pacing around Marlena's office. She asks him why he's upset. Is this about the article that's about to go public?

In Sonny's hospital room, Will slips the missing ring on Sonny's finger, repeating, "with this ring, I thee wed," while Sonny flashes back to his confrontation with Paul yesterday. Sonny stares at Will icily. Will finally figures out something is wrong, then surmises Sonny's exhausted from having visitors all day. Sonny tells him he just had a visitor, someone [Will] knows well. Caroline enters before Sonny can lower the boom. She waited until she thought most visitors would be gone. She's glad Roman found Sonny's ring, makes her feel grateful to see them together. She's going to leave, Will will walk her out. Sonny seethes as he makes sure Will's coming back.

After the break, Justin and Adrienne are chatting with Rafe about the Club, how it keeps Rafe busy, how weird it is to see Victor clubbing. A bit later, Justin has been doing some business, puts his phone away and declares no more business, proposes a toast to them, their son. They sit awkwardly for a moment, before Justin rushes off to say bye to Victor. Justin asks Victor why he never bought HIM a club, thanks him for trying to help Sonny, who's doing well. While he's gone, Adrienne looks at his phone. It gets a text from Elsa, declaring, "I'm thinking of you constantly." Justin had replied, "That means the world to me. I hope you know that." (That was apparently the end of the message, no idea why the phone buzzed, LOL.) Adrienne steams and storms off. Meanwhile, Justin tells Victor the Dubai deal is going well.

Clyde and Kate arrive at the club, Rafe goes to clear them a table. Kate spies Victor and is shocked that Clyde wants to say hello to him. Clyde explains that the turf wars are over. Later, Victor buys them some booze, they raise their glasses at him in thanks. Rafe comes over to Victor and tells him he's figured out what's going on. Meanwhile Clyde corners Justin, tells him he's heard he's a great lawyer, he needs someone to look over his corporate accounts, since his lawyer Aiden Jennings is out of town. Justin explains he's not going to be in town long, Clyde should wait for Aiden Jennings. A bit later, Justin is looking around the room; Kate tells him Adrienne left while he was talking to Victor. He leaves.

Paul is talking with Marlena about coming out to his mom, how she knew/felt it all along, why didn't she say something before? They haven't talked since he came out. How could she be perfectly fine with him pretending to be something he wasn't? She points out that he's assuming how his mother feels, but he doesn't know; how does his father feel? He died before Paul was born, Paul reports. [OH BY SAINTED TOM AND ALICE LET'S HOPE SO.] Why doesn't Paul call his mother. Paul feels the next move is hers, Marlena says in a perfect world, maybe, but somebody has to make the first move. Maybe she's overwhelmed, upset...Paul snips about his mother's last words to him, how his grandfather was in his corner, how he's a big disappointment to his mother. Does he really think that about his mother, Marlena asks. No, Paul admits, he's just confused, angry. Marlena suggests Paul's mother's ashamed of the way she behaved, maybe that's why she hasn't called. He didn't mean to hurt his mother, he didn't ruin her life, Marlena assures. He wasn't talking about her, but about the man he's in love with, Paul explains. They were together for a couple of years, Paul never stopped loving him. And now, Marlena asks. Paul tells her to read the article, how it evolved from his career to coming out, how his love proposed to him, but he couldn't say yes, for fear it would end his career. His love lives in Salem, he thought he'd have another shot with him after his surgery. Paul's messed it all up now, he babbles, Marlena tries to pull the facts out, reminds him that what he says here, stays here. Paul says he came out to Will Horton and they slept together. Turns out he's married to the man he's in love with. Cue BIG shock on Marlena's face, LOL.

Sonny's reading The Tablet, flashes back to Paul declaring that he's the only person [Paul] ever loved and how the "other guy" didn't mean anything. He throws the tablet, then has a stabbing pain at his wound. Sonny then flashes to Paul/Will in his imagination. He repeats Paul's "didn't mean anything" mantra, before starting to cry. Later, he is flashing back to his wedding to Will, their vows, their kiss. Will has come in, isn't it amazing that the police found his ring? Will asks if Sonny's OK, Sonny shakes his head. Will thinks he knows what's wrong, Sonny says, "No Will, I don't think you do." Will doesn't know exactly what Sonny's going through, but relates to the time he was shot, how it changed his life. Will reminds him he's lucky, he's going to make a full recovery. Sonny angrily says, "Lucky," Will is confused, Sonny continues to stall. Will asks Sonny why he told Abe he was going to their apartment to see Will, when Sonny knew Will wasn't there. Sonny says he just didn't correct Abe, but he was NOT headed to the apartment. You were coming to my office? Will wonders...Nope, because you weren't there either...I was on my way to Paul Narita's hotel room, because YOU were there. Cue shocked look.

Eric and Serena are cuddling on her bed, she had forgotten what this was like. She's glad he came over today. He remembers how she wanted to be surrounded by memories of their past, he wanted the time to be special. Serena says it was special. He's glad she's here in Salem, wants to make him dinner. Later, they are continuing to kiss, let's take a shower, she suggests. He should start the shower while she gets an overnight bag ready. While he's in the shower, she moves the elephant from her purse to an overnight bag. (Flashback to seeing Eric's statue.) She'll get this over tonight, he'll never know.

Lucas spots Adrienne dashing through the square, follows her, finds her crying in the bushy clearing. Is she allright? Adrienne looks teary, rattled. Just talk to me, Lucas urges. Adrienne hugs him. She pulls away, apologises. Lucas asks what happened; she recounts the attack on her son, Justin's home after months of not talking, he promises it will get better. He can't promise that, she says. Yes, I can, he says. They move close and start moving in for a kiss...

Victor tells Rafe he's too exhausted for another blood feud, now that Salem's finally gone. He's ready to turn the other cheek. Rafe speculates that that's what Victor wants Clyde to believe, he'd hate to be in that hillbilly's boots when Victor's ready to make his move.

At Eric's, Serena takes her bag back to his bedroom so he can start the dinner. In his bedroom, she removes her elephant, only to find his is gone.

Will admits he was at Paul's hotel room, because they were finishing the article...how did you know? Nobody knew that the article was about Paul at that point. Sonny clues him in on Derrick's spilling the beans about Paul having an affair with someone. With you, Will.

Paul really annoyed me today. He's more of a cliché than any of Marlena's questions were. Still don't buy that he loved Sonny so much to cause this kind of an attitude. AND OH HOW I HOPE THAT HIS FATHER IS REALLY DEADER THAN A DOORNAIL.

Loved Marlena's expression.

Will is such a dolt. My guess is that he'll spend Friday's episode denying, his next appearance admitting it over the course of an episode or two, and by three weeks from now we might have an apology. Oy...

I really liked Rafe & Victor's scenes but I'm not crazy about Rafe being filler. Why can't Victor let Rafe know what's up? Use him as a cleaner-cut, above board Damon? I also wasn't clear on whether this was a new Salem day or not. Seemed to be the same day yet suddenly, Rafe's back.

I want Kate to kill herself when she learns her lovebunny had Will's husband stabbed, but she'll find some twisted way to justify it.

REALLY GLAD I didn't get yet another hate boink episode!!! Though Eric/Serena came close...!

OK, I get it, Justin's been gone awhile. But why the icy frost between them? My first reaction when seeing my hubby is to give him a hug even if we've only been apart a few days. There's something bigger going on, maybe it's in Adrienne's head, maybe not. I just really have trouble buying that Justin would be untrue to Adrienne again. (There I go again, paying attention.)

Now on the other hand, I don't mind Adrienne & Lucas as much as I thought I would. But I also like them just as friends, if we can put the brakes on here for a minute!!!

Too much to hope the elephant is gone forever, and Eric gets "hurt" by Serena's mystery boss? AND THE STORY IS OVER?? Please, please, let me believe that...

Now we know all heck will break out. But after Caroline came in I began to think if anyone can help Will and Sonny work out this bump in their marriage it will be her. Caroline knows what it is like to cheat in a marriage and work it out because she has been there. For the sake of Arianna I do hope they will survive their marriage seeing how much they both mean to her. Sonny really does not have the full story, because yes it did happen once; but he was led to believe it was still going on by Derrick which was not the truth. I have to say Freddie Smith (Sonny) did a great job with his emotions today.

:OT: I remember reading a story in one of our Sunday School quarterly about a new Pastor had come to a church. He was seen having lunch with a younger woman out of town. The rumors began about him having an affair. When all was found out he was having lunch with his daughter who was visiting. So like Derrick he is assuming it is a continuing affair.

I'd almost agree with that sentiment, sway. But I'll be honest, if my hubby cheated on me, I'm not sure I'd ever be OK with that. We've been together 12 years. I wouldn't ask if it was once, twice, or ongoing. It would be a total betrayal of trust. Sonny & Will haven't even been married for a year.

I can agree though, Sonny may not have all the information. He currently thinks it's an ongoing thing, or was, unless he was listening when Paul said it was just once. I really don't want them to work this out, but if they do, I agree Caroline is the new "go-to" gal for infidelity advice.

I do wonder if they're tearing Justin/Adrienne apart just to make a parallel with Will/Sonny, or what. Really question these writers' motives sometimes.

Paul really annoyed me today. He's more of a cliché than any of Marlena's questions were. Still don't buy that he loved Sonny so much to cause this kind of an attitude. AND OH HOW I HOPE THAT HIS FATHER IS REALLY DEADER THAN A DOORNAIL.
:rotfl:I haven't seen the episode yet but I already just KNOW that I agree. Honestly, Paul has been annoying me since the beginning, especially now more than ever. I just don't care about him, to be honest. Oh well, maybe that will change. Though I do love that Marlena was FINALLY able (to some capacity) to be the psychiatrist she is. I mean she is Dr. Marlena Evans (Black :rolleyes:) after all....

All hell is definitely going to break loose. Run, Will! Or, actually, DON'T.
0747.png

While it's true that Caroline cheated on Shawn, he didn't find out the truth until almost fifty years later. This "bump" in Sonny and Will's relationship is a very serious matter. The fact that "it only happened once" doesn't make it any less wrong and hurtful.

:clap: Shhh...KathyLu!! The writers don't know this!! Only that she cheated!! LOL

I am not condoning what Will did, because it was wrong to break his wedding vow. Just a hopeless romantic hoping the best for Will and Sonny, by now I guess people know I am for them.

Loved Marlena's expression.

Will is such a dolt. My guess is that he'll spend Friday's episode denying, his next appearance admitting it over the course of an episode or two, and by three weeks from now we might have an apology. Oy...

I really liked Rafe & Victor's scenes but I'm not crazy about Rafe being filler. Why can't Victor let Rafe know what's up? Use him as a cleaner-cut, above board Damon? I also wasn't clear on whether this was a new Salem day or not. Seemed to be the same day yet suddenly, Rafe's back.

I want Kate to kill herself when she learns her lovebunny had Will's husband stabbed, but she'll find some twisted way to justify it.

REALLY GLAD I didn't get yet another hate boink episode!!! Though Eric/Serena came close...!

OK, I get it, Justin's been gone awhile. But why the icy frost between them? My first reaction when seeing my hubby is to give him a hug even if we've only been apart a few days. There's something bigger going on, maybe it's in Adrienne's head, maybe not. I just really have trouble buying that Justin would be untrue to Adrienne again. (There I go again, paying attention.)

Now on the other hand, I don't mind Adrienne & Lucas as much as I thought I would. But I also like them just as friends, if we can put the brakes on here for a minute!!!

Too much to hope the elephant is gone forever, and Eric gets "hurt" by Serena's mystery boss? AND THE STORY IS OVER?? Please, please, let me believe that...

You are a hoot and I agree with all of your comments. After watching or listening to soaps for 70 years, I don't expect anything to ever go the way it should!!

While it's true that Caroline cheated on Shawn, he didn't find out the truth until almost fifty years later. This "bump" in Sonny and Will's relationship is a very serious matter. The fact that "it only happened once" doesn't make it any less wrong and hurtful.

Nitpicking--more like 24 years. Bo was still pretty young, when the truth came out.

Amen. These writers really don't want to give the viewers a break. Just when they're happily realizing that the awful hate-boinkers won't be on screen today, they're "treated" to the sight of the ex-priest sinning between the sheets with Serena. What made them think that the viewers wanted to see Ted's "bluebird" panting with faux lust (we all know that all she was thinking about was the great elephant switch). Speaking of the elephant, if the sourpuss has given it to Ciara, Serena can forget her mission and skulk out of town in defeat. Once anything goes into Ciara's backpack, it stays there. Elsewhere, Salem's circle of misery continued to expand, swallowing up Adrienne and Will. Finally, here's hoping that Victor has come up with some subtle, diabolical plot to rid Salem of creepy Clyde. Otherwise, those viewers who think Kate's main squeeze has overstayed his welcome are in for a major disappointment.

Boy the saga surrounding Serena and what I've come to call the Dumbo Dilemma just gets more and more exciting!!! When Serena went into Eric's room and saw his elephant statue was gone I nearly shrieked like a schoolgirl because I was so startled by this unforseen development. What is poor Serena to do now? Whatever will she DO!!!???

*For the record I'm following the strategy Jason has adopted for Eve and J.J. I'm pretending to LOVE this mess in the hopes that it will end.*

It was good to finally see Rafe again hopefully he won't just be filler in the Clyde/Victor story and he was absent from the canvas just so things could get set in motion like Will was gone during November. Hopefully he will actually be given a role to play in this. Yeah I know and someday pigs will sprout wings and take to the air. But hope springs eternal.

"Looks up: Hey they're actually very graceful.*

Kudos to Freddie Smith (Sonny) on his performance the last two days and I can't wait for him to go full throttle on Will tomorrow. My question is since his memory loss only lasted a few days really what was the point? Aww well at least it was as painless as it was pointless I guess.

Oh, wow, today was actually decent. There was no Daniel, Melanie, or Brady! :rolleyes: and I'm actually liking the writing for the Sonny/Will/Paul storyline, especially now that Marlena has been put into the mix. No doubt she is in a huge dilemma. I mean I can't even imagine what she must be thinking/going through right now, especially since there's the patient confidentiality issue, which she obviously would not break (also I LOVE seeing Marlena as an actual psychiatrist again. I have missed that part of her so much). I can't wait until Paul finds out that not only is Marlena Will's grandmother, but that she also officiated Will and Sonny's wedding. Oh man. Marlena needs to excuse herself as Paul's therapist immediately. And there's also no doubt in my mind that we're going to have to deal with the "Who is Paul's Father" situation soon... and I just can't stop thinking that it's going to be John. Ugh, and I'm not ready for that! But I digress...

There's going to be a lot going down in Salem VERY soon. :clap:

I definitely could have done without that Eric and Serena sex scene, though. No thanks. I'm not sure she's still really even in love with Eric? Is it all just for the stupid elephant? I'm looking forward to the blowout when Eric finds out Serena has been lying to him, though. He can't stand to even be in the same ROOM with Nicole anymore after she lied to him, so I'm going to be really annoyed if he doesn't treat Serena the same way, to be honest. I'm sorry but I just hate Serena, so.....

Cue BIG shock on Marlena's face, LOL.
SHAWWWWWK.gif
SHAWWWWWK.gif
SHAWWWWWK.gif
SHAWWWWWK.gif

edited to show pic...Poirot

YEP.

Okay, watched it. I have to agree with most, I didn't miss Eve/JJ/Melanie/Brady et al one bit. I could have done without Serena/Eric rolling around in the sack, but that is why fast forward is our friend.

Marlena's scenes with Paul were first rate. It definitely is good to see her as 'the Doc' again. She won't say anything to Paul, but now she knows and it won't be long before he finds out who she is without her telling him. That cat will escape the bag on its own...well, it will be interesting to see how he finds out, hopefully sooner than later.

Sad that Adrienne saw those text messages on Justin's phone. And doubly sad that she and Sonny will be grappling with the same dilemma. The fact that Sonny's father-in-law is mixed up in the quotient becomes hurl-worthy.

:drunk:

I don't think Justin is cheating on Adrienne. I think Adrienne is, understandably, misreading the situation/doesn't have all of the facts and something is going to happen between she and Lucas before she finds out the truth. I'm trying to hold on to some hope that these writers didn't butcher another historic couples relationship before they were shown the door.

gramcracker said:
Nitpicking--more like 24 years. Bo was still pretty young, when the truth came out.
It's NOT nitpicking; it's my opinion. Whether 50 years, or 24, a lot of time passed before Shawn found out Bo belongs to Victor. Who knows whether or not he would have stayed with Caroline if he had known at the time?

Great acting today! And a good episode!! Thanks, Jason.

SO glad we got a break from the Jonases (Joni? ya know, like cacti?) as well as missing out on the hate boink of Eve & JJ. But that nastiness with Serena & Eric...boring! I also don't care for Adrienne & Lucas together, but I felt so bad for her. I'm furious at Justin!!!! But it's good to see him, Rafe, and Caroline on the show today, and I can't wait for the latest developments in the Victor and Clyde storyline.

The Paul & Marlena scenes were a hoot! Finally we got to see Doc working again! And I felt awful for Sonny, but the acting is incredible. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow! Is Will going to deny it? Or, since he's basically a repeat of his mother, will he blame Sami for ruining his life by having grief sex with EJ on the DiCouch?

A great show especially since Eve and JJ weren't on. Thanks for the summary Jason.

WOW, Rafe was on today. Marlena has been on four times this week.

Is Justin having an affair? Maybe, maybe not. Is Justin standing behind
Adrienne watching her kiss Lucas. Probably

Serena finally got her elephant in Eric's bedroom Oh oh.. where
did Eric's elephant go?

Nice to see Caroline on today.

Kate and Clyde said Howdy :)

Is Victor setting a trap for Clyde? We'll just have to wait and see.

Great stuff with Paul/Marlena and Sonny/Will. Will Marlena tell
Paul she's Will's grandmother?

When Adrienne mentioned Elsa the other day, this is who I thought of

img-thing

Back