Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jan. 28, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
In her apartment, Nicole is reading about Eric's bail on the iPad. She cries that it's not fair, and is about to smash the iPad when there's a knock on the door. Chloe and Parker have arrived; Parker gives her a big hug. She admires his suit, Parker goes to the fort. Nicole and Chloe talk briefly about how Nicole's holding up, but Parker's sobs interrupt them. He's unsure of how to act at a funeral. Days like today aren't for rules, they're for thinking about how much they loved the people they've lost. Chloe offers to let him bring something from the fort to the church. Parker selects the stethoscope.

At the Horton House, Jen is walking in a pained way and assures Abby she's fine to go to the funeral. She asks JJ to get changed, but he says he has classes, leaves. Abby worries about Jen, who didn't sleep well and doesn't want to depend on her pills. Abby pursues JJ. Jen fondles her pill bottle.

Maggie and Melanie are at the Kmansion weeping.

At the hopsital, Brady is being discharged. Victor has arranged for a car to take him to the Kmansion, over Jeannie T's protestations. They fight, Brady gets out of his wheelchair and demands an end to the farce, takes Victor aside so he can look him in the eye and tell him, "Back off. Now!!"

Abby has tracked JJ to the gated-bushy area in the Square. She found out he has no class today. He's not going to the funeral. JJ feels bad about taking out his grief over Jack on Daniel, and how he kept screwing up. Abby says going to the funeral is the first step in letting Daniel go.

At the townhouse, Jeannie T is trying to give Brady an out from the funeral, since he just got out of the hospital. Brady excuses her because of her checkered past with Daniel. She's upset she never got to apologise for how nasty she was. Now he's dead, and she has a fantastic future. They decide they'll both go to the funeral.

Fynn is walking through the square, notes something, but we don't see what. At Club TBD, Victor eulogises Daniel, how great he was as a father, surgeon, etc. How Daniel was the one everyone turned to, how everyone has to go on without him now. He wants each of the attendees to talk about what Daniel meant to them. Maggie talks about missing him growing up, but also about being reunited with THE PARENTS WHO RAISED HIM to be the man she's proud of. Jennifer talks of how Daniel saved her life, literally and figuratively. Chloe tells Maggie and Melanie they're Parker's family, so they're her family. Brady is reminded of Daniel with every beat of his heart. Melanie thinks of Dad whenever she's got a hard decision. JJ will never forget everything Daniel did for him. Everyone looks to Nicole, but she has nothing to say. Maggie offers food and drink and camaraderie for all. Chloe tries to get Nicole to talk, while JJ holds Parker and Melanie hugs Jen. Nicole doesn't think she can get through that.

Brady and Melanie hug, she hopes she didn't hurt him. They're glad to see each other, and she's glad he wasn't taken, too. Jeannie T comes over, sorry to interrupt, tells Melanie she's incredibly sorry about Daniel, and in general. Melanie hopes they'll be happy together. Parker comes over and gets a hug from Melanie. Brady notes the stethoscope, lets Parker listen to his heart (Maggie and Victor watch). Fynn announces "something amazing" in the square, and they all go out and look at a shrine to Daniel. Nicole and Roman interrogate an extra (whose life Dr Jonas saved) about who organised this, etc. She saw a notice at St Luke's. The extra left a picture of her baby, Parker leaves the stethoscope. Nicole hugs him, and speaks to the crowd about how Daniel changed lives, and taught her the meaning of forgiveness. A music cue scares Brady away. Eric walks by, skulking, looks at the group, and runs to the gated-bushy area. Roman saw him, and has followed him; he has deduced that Eric started the love-shrine to Daniel. Eric admits it, can't ask the mourners to accept him or offer him forgiveness, after Roman implores him to grieve with the rest of them.

By the store Hourglass, Brady sits thoughtfully. Nicole comes over, asks what's wrong. He talks about a memory he had while he heard Nicole talking. It's not his memory, it's new, Brady reports. Jeannie T looks on. He heard the song from his dream again, tries to hum it, asks if it means anything to Nicole. Nope, she says. Jeannie T wants to go home, Brady tells about the image he sees with the odd music, has found Point Doom in Malibu through an image search. He needs to talk to Fynn (who shared an apartment in Malibu with Daniel).

At the Kmansion, Melanie tells Maggie that she's flying out this afternoon. Carly's clinic is understaffed, and although she's been offered all the time she needs, Melanie doesn't want to do that to her mom. Victor goes out, will have Henderson pack Melanie's things, so Maggie and Melanie can have more time together.

At the Horton House, JJ and Jen come home. Abby is there (couldn't find a sitter for Thomas). JJ has some studying to do, Abby goes up to check on Thomas. Jen goes to pop a pill, but the bottle's empty.

At Nicole's, Parker and Chloe are leaving. Nicole tells Parker he can visit anytime. Chloe is glad that Nicole was finally able to talk at the funeral. Nicole promises to leave Parker's fort up for him. She flashes back to her hospitalisation (after the furnace incident), him asking her to move in, his proposal, etc. She is woken from her reverie by a knock. She opens the door. There stands Eric.

Last edited:
This was a tough one to write. Let's hope Daniel is never mentioned again. Talk about Overkill. Bo and Will didn't get this kind of turnout.

The shrine being an anonymous action on Eric's behalf- I'll admit that was a good twist. But, too much.

I liked the Parker/Brady moment and I really liked Maggie mentioning Daniel's real parents. The rest...:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

There must be a sale on black plunging sleeveless vest as today we are treated to Jennifer and Abby wearing them :sick:. I think it's ridiculous how they are acting as if Brady and Melaine barely know each other, also I don't think Brady even said hi to Chloe. Theresa swoops in anytime a female talks to Brady, I'm surprised she isn't jealous of Maggie talking to him! As I said in a different post, of course no Hope to support Jennifer and no Rafe to support Nicole nor pay his regards.

Deepest sympathies, Jason. Not for the loss of Dr. Gropey Jonas, but because you had to watch this garbage today to do a write up. Seriously, kudos to both you and Poirot for your stamina. I've taken unplanned naps several days recently between 1 and 2 because I can't keep my eyes open - and not just because the wardrobe and writing make them hurt.

Goodness, the death of Dr. Jonas and subsequent fall-out has lasted much longer than the historic storm of the same name.

Thanks, Jason !

So, I agree : this is taking way too long. Really, it's a slap in the face of other actors who have played beloved characters for so long. I know it's not the actor's fault (the one who played Daniel) but still. This is beyond ridiculous now.

And speaking of ridiculous, the wardrobe was way off, indeed. Jennifer's dress, the high heels, again, while in pain, :eek:, Melanie's number, and please, enough of Nicole wearing Dan's jacket. :beat:We get it, she loved him, she's hurting, but this is too much. As I've said in another thread, I know in reality, people do that, but this is a soap. Again, Bo, Will, Jack, never even had that much. Enough, please !

Also, Theresa should have never gone to this funeral. It wasn't her place, period. She should have had the decency to stay away, like she should respect Brady's need to talk to Nicole or Melanie. (Not that I ever liked Melanie and Brady, mind you). But Theresa had no business being there, she should have stayed with her son instead.

And... the shrine ! :eek: Yeah, O.K., good for Eric to do something. But a shrine ? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: And does Eric need to look like a stalkerish zombie, hooded jacket and all, while walking through the square and going to Nicole's ? And here I thought we couldn't get worse than his martyr face ! :rolleyes::rolleyes: I swear, today, I rolled my eyes so many times, I got dizzy.

Now, can we move on from Dan The Man, please ? I did not hate him, but... I'm beginning to !!!!

We have complained many times over the years about the number of cast members who have just exited stage left and are almost never mentioned again. I choose to hope that the writers and TPTB have heard our complaints and that devoting time to Daniel's departure is an indication that future departures will be given appropriate attention. [A person can hope.] I wasn't a huge Daniel fan, but nor did I hate him the way many on this board do. I think devoting time to his funeral is appropriate to the role he played.

And I am hoping the last tear has been shed now for ol Dr. Dan.
Some intriguing things....Chloe had very little to say, but when Parker was in the fort crying, he did not want to tell Mommy why, but told Nicole!
I have seen a pic of Chloe & Parker kneeling by that shrine, but sure did not see that happen at all today. Again....it was Nicole w/Parker (and yes, he really did fantastic.

Also, we were told yesterday the service would be in the church...the luncheon afterwards at the club.....but obviously, the memorial was it, and held at the Club. Slight change of plans, I guess.

Why was Jen dressed like she was going clubbing, or on a special dinner date...especially in that dress, not really one usually worn in mid-winter? And again with the heels when she is having all those pain spasms? And Melanie in that backless number???

I kept thinking of Jason having to write this tearful episode, and he did a very good job. I liked that John & Marlena were there, even though they really said nothing, to anyone. I am glad Abby was able to talk JJ into going, & that he acknowledged how Daniel helped after his father died.
As to Rafe & Hope....Guess they are busy opening up the Horton cabin today!
Oh, yes.........Brady is truly amazing that he can get around so well. I thought his scene with Parker was very well done, am looking forward in the future to him and Jennifer swapping heart transplant stories! :sarcasm:

OMG, let's all give thanks that today's Dr. Feely-Gropey love fest has come and gone. This one one last, weepy spasm of Daniel worship, was quite the event, featuring some inappropriate attire and dry martinis. And move over Tom and Alice, there's a new Town Square icon. Other late Salemites whose passing received a fraction of the time must be spinning in their graves. In one of the few developments today that wasn't devoted to weeping over the Love Doctor was Victor once again dumping snark on Jeannie T. With Deimos in town, Victor ought to forget the former brat girl and start worrying about his ethically-challenged younger brother.

Watching today's episode I couldn't help thinking I bet when December rolls around it will be announced that the good people of Salem have changed Christmas to Jonas Day. Which means families will gather around the Jonas trees and sing Jonas carols while drinking Jonas nog. Seriously enough already.

I wish that they just shut down whatever's going on with Brady's visions because I'm getting the filling that we may be in for a lot of New Agey mumbo jumbo and I have little patience for that kind of stuff.

TPTB have heard our complaints and that devoting time
Perhaps. Doubtful though. They are certainly not reacting to outrage over Bo or Will's death at this point. I think this was because Higley was Dan's creator.

Let's hope because of that, this death propels story for six-eight months, like soap deaths should.

...enough of Nicole wearing Dan's jacket. We get it, she loved him, she's hurting, but this is too much.
After my husband died, I slept with the last shirt he wore in my arms for a year. After 14 years, that shirt still hangs on the bedpost on his side of the bed.

Indeed, KathyLu, I do understand. In fact, I said as much in another thread, that in reality, this is quite the normal reaction. But I just don't want to see this when in comes to Daniel Jonas, an overused character, now even in death. Not that I hated the guy, but this is just too much, considering the lack of mourning for other beloved characters.

So please, believe me, I was just talking about the show. In no way did I intend to offend anyone.

Back