Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jan. 5, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
In the Square, Kate calls André. She's worried doing André's bidding will cost her relationship with Eduardo (who she says is the best man she's known in a long time). She flashes back to André threatening to use his own methods (in the Pub of all places).

In Hope's office, just kidding LOL, Myron is working on the project so that they can beat the DiMeras. Eduardo comes in for a pep talk.

At the Kmansion, Deimos leads Nicole into the living room where they seek sustenance before round 3. (Ed. note: :sick:.) She wants to go visit Chloe and Holly, worries that Nancy's trying to keep her from Holly. Lots of "I love you"s from Nicole to Deimos. Brady enters, gives Deimos the scoop, won't be long until they know if Holly is Nicole and Daniel's baby. Nicole already loves her, Brady states. The nanny (a new one) takes Tate out; Deimos learns that Eve has gone back to New York because Deimos is a "royal pain in the *bleep*." Deimos blusters at this. They get the results, inconclusive due to contamination. Deimos resolves to get proof, heads to the hospital.

In the hospital, Nancy begs Chloe to wake up to tell her what to do. Nancy does some mental anguished hand-wringing as Nicole arrives, happy to see Holly. Nancy lowers the boom, she's taking Holly to Chicago, Nicole pleads, Nancy refuses. Nicole blusters, feels a bond with Holly, etc. Nancy stands firm, must honor Chloe's wishes that the baby not be near Deimos. Nancy goes to sign papers, Nicole holds Holly and flashes back to her birth. Nicole is telling Holly good-by, wants to see all her firsts, but will visit her in Chicago (Nancy has entered, overhears it all). Nancy interrupts, is about to tell all. Deimos enters. Nancy flees.

At TBD, Eduardo and Kate have a lunch date. They trade cutesy talk; both get calls. Kate isn't going to take hers, but Ed does, and leaves to do so. While he's gone, Kate sneaks into the back. Myron is startled, Eduardo appears, he and Kate need to talk. Myron scoots. Kate and Eduardo play cat and mouse, she claims to have been looking for him. He talks about the first time he saw her, how he respected Eve and Adriana, but Kate makes him want to be respectable. Kate gets a beep, Adrienne needs her. Ed goes to get her some dessert; André is applying textual pressure. Later, Kate is by the office hallway, Eduardo comes out with the dessert bag, Kate claims she was in the Ladies room. Kiss, bye. Ed goes to his office. The goods is gone. Ed knows it was Kate.

In the Pub, Claire and Theo are listening to the bug from Valerie's purse, Claire is bored by it. Apparently they've listened to 12 hours. Claire wants to see a movie. Theo is obsessed with proving Valerie's a liar. Claire tries to recover, calling out her recent bad writing (she's addicted to social media, the mirror, and hipster slang, and calls herself "a bad millennial cliché" LOL). Later, they hear Valerie telling someone he's her favorite guy, there's nobody else. Theo thinks there's no way it's her son, nobody talks to a son like that. This is it. They decide to listen to the live stream, think she might be talking to Eli (whom she had texted).

In the Square, Valerie runs into Jennifer, thanks for welcoming her at her family Christmas. They talk about Jack's book. Jennifer thinks it's good Abe has companionship, invites Valerie (who is already sitting) to join her. They talk about Valerie dating Jen's cousin David, how it was controversial, and how things have changed. Valerie isn't sure she's ready to move back to Salem yet, would like to talk with Jennifer again. She finds the bug in her purse. She flashes back to Theo confronting her in the Hospital, says, "Hello Theo, let's meet in the Pub." Claire scoots.

Theo and Valerie meet. She gives him back the bug. Let's talk.

Thanks for the summary.

Good grief, after reading the "Worst of Days" list from last year, I just know that this stupid Theo and the bug storyline will be on the "Worst of Days 2017" list. It's just awful. It's silly, stupid, and a waste of time. The last time I saw a storyline this ridiculous was when Hope and John were "Gina and the Pawn" going after the Anastasia egg.

The Kate and Nicole stuff were the saving grace for this episode. Looking forward to the direction the soap will be going in with them for the next few weeks.

Days has just got to stop this stupid thing with Nicole & her baby. When Chloe was about to spill the news, she passed out. When Brady tried to get proof, Nancy made sure the swab got contaminated. Nancy begs Chloe to wake up, Nicole should have the baby, Nancy doesn't know what to do now, wishes Chloe never told her the truth. But Nancy hears Nicole talking to the baby, it brings Nancy to near tears, she decides to tell, and Deimos appears, Nancy clams up and takes off with the baby.

Now Deimos.......he knows how Chloe feels, and how Nancy feels. And especially after Brady just told him that Eve went back to NY, because Deimos proved himself to her as a pain in the butt. Why the blazes would he just appear at the door to Chloe's room, instead of waiting out there til Nicole came out? Oh, no, Days just had to put another stumbling block in the way. Grrrrr.

Thanks, Jason.

Arrgh!! This is so frustrating. I keep hoping Nancy is finally going to come to her senses and tell Nicole and just as soon as it seems like she's going to, Deimos pops up! Why do writers like to torture Nicole??!! They should have had Chloe tell her as soon as Holly was born. Let it be a happy story. Can we have a happy story every once and a while??!

Theo is so annoying, as is this story.

I feel those of you who were annoyed by Deimos interrupting Nancy at the end just as she was apparently about to spill the beans about little Holly's true paternity. But actually it didn't bother me that much. Probably because I just don't pay any attention to that mess anymore. I know that might be hard for some to do since that's one of the big front-burner stories but I just find it's made watching much more enjoyable. :)

I'm glad Valarie found the bug but I have a sneaking suspicion that she is going to agree to not say anything to Abe because Theo thinks he has a "smoking gun." I don't hate this like some do but I do think they are dragging it out way too long. Let's get this show on the road.

The microchip saga: I put this in the wait and see category. I think this could get more interesting more as it grows and involves more characters. Then again it might not. *sigh*

But on the other hand it is a New Year and I figure there's no harm in trying to be optimistic. :)

People really want Nicole to have her baby! When she said she never got a chance to hold her own babies, but got to hold this one, as soon as it was born, it just breaks your heart.

So, the writers are truly being cruel to the viewers, as well as to Nicole when they keep shoving these roadblocks in the way. Problem is, they do it on all fronts...whatever story. Just dragggggggg, no one is happy, or smiling. Look at Eduardo. He opens his heart to hard hearted Hannah (meaning Kate) tells her so eloquently how he feels, and...MAJOR S T A B in the back.

He opens his heart to hard hearted Hannah (meaning Kate) tells her so elequently how he feels, and...MAJOR S T A B in the back.
You know, I felt A Martinez (Eduardo) was pretty flat today while talking with Kate. And he's too good of an actor for that. I think he's playing her. (And not just because I want that to be the case, and I liked him better with Mami.)

Just a few comments on today's events.

Slim pickings: The quality of men in Salem must be quite low if Kate thinks slimy Eduardo is the "best man to come into [her] life in some time."

Self-awareness: Many Salemites have the self-awareness of a tree stump, but brat-girl Claire was right on target when she called herself "a mess" and a "Millennial cliche."

Cluelessness: How could the techie being used by Eduardo not have known who Kate was? To paraphrase a quote from Cheers, in Salem, "everybody knows her face." Kate should have been more angry about this than the theft of DiMera microchips.

Dumb criminals: Theo's and Claire's bumbling efforts to spy on Dr. Grant must have more successful Salem buggers like Tricky Nicky and EJ shaking their heads.

Cruelty to viewers: Watching the Nicole baby plot drag on is about as entertaining as a root canal. Almost as bad is having to watch the supposedly tough, smart Kiriakis men being outmaneuvered by Chloe's mother. Why doesn't Deimos simply have a Kiriakis thug burglarize Nancy's place and instead of stealing the family silverware, get a sample of Baby Holly's DNA?

Thanks, Jason.

Deimos did it again. He got there just when Nancy was going to tell Nicole
about Holly. Instead of saving the day, he ruins the day :)

I enjoyed Valerie and Jen's talk about her dating David and how things are
different now.

Poor Dopey, I mean Brady. The DNA test he took was inconclusive. I wonder
how long it will take to do a DNA test now since Nancy is taking Holly out of
town? Maybe Brady and Deimos can find some used diapers. Yuck

invites Valerie (who is already sitting) to join her.

This made me laugh out loud. Thanks Jason.

I thought Craig was a doctor in New York. So why is he in Chicago with Parker? Shouldn't Parker be in NY with him? Just asking. Loving Nancy!!!!!

My bigger issue with this entire storyline is why isn't Craig in Salem with his comatose daughter??? Parker could easily stay with Maggie or even Nicole while Craig and Nancy spend time at the hospital.

You know, I felt A Martinez (Eduardo) was pretty flat today while talking with Kate. And he's too good of an actor for that. I think he's playing her. (And not just because I want that to be the case, and I liked him better with Mami.)

This has been my hope all along even though it seemed to be the opposite today. I would really prefer to see Eduardo with Eve instead of Kate.

I agree Deimos has audacity barging into Chloe's room like that. I wish Nancy had called security too.

Nicole seems to be becoming a bit overly obsessed with Holly. Imagine if we didn't know that Holly belonged to Nicole and we all thought she was Chloe's kid still. Would this type of behavior seem normal? I do wonder if this is being done purposely to show Nicole becoming unglued. Perhaps it will cause her to do something irrational and when Chloe wakes up, that will give more of a reason to keep the truth from Nicole. Just speculating.

In terms of time, Holly has only been around for 2 weeks lol. The Sydney reveal took months. I don't want this to take months but if Nicole found out the truth now there would be no story. I feel like there is more to come here.

I liked the Jen/Valerie scenes and the Theo/Claire stuff and I liked Valerie finding the bug. I do hope she really articulates her anger towards Theo tomorrow or whenever we see them next, maybe 2 weeks from now.:rolleyes:

Back