Days of Our Lives - Thu., July 14, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Horton House, Doug gives Jennifer a list of respected lawyers whom he and Julie have met on various cruises. Julie suggests Jeff Taylor because he's handsome; Doug suggests sharklike Larry Zabner. Julie questions if Jenn really wishes to go through with the custody suit. Perhaps Chad has cooled off "by now." Furious knocking at the door; Chad asks Jennifer what the h- she's doing. Julie suggests everyone cool off, Chad yells at her, Doug calls him on it; Chad apologises but is under stress. Needs a minute to talk to Jen. Julie and Doug go upstairs, but Doug will be listening and ready to throw Chad out. They talk nice for a minute, but then she slings mud about his housekeeping and choice of Ciara as nanny, and he brings up her pill addiction. She also mentions he's a DiMera because that's completely relevant. They do go round and round with this concept, bad DNA, no DiMera ever plans to do wrong, blah blah. Says it was a mistake to let Abigail be with Chad, they get loud as they scream at each other. Doug and Julie have come down, kick Chad out. Chad agrees to leave, but will be damned if he'll let Jennifer take Thomas away from him & Abby.

At the police station, Justin arrives and Roman informs him that Hope is in with Aiden. In the interrogation room, Hope tells Aiden that he married her, and was with her right up until the end. He married her intending to kill her. Aiden tries to explain, Hope says, "Wait until Rafe finds out." [Ed Note: Eye Roll.] Now Aiden is silent. She lowers the boom about digging up their marriage licence blood tests. Hope's angry, about to leave when Aiden admits he lied about when he was kidnapped. He never could have killed her; she has to believe that. Stefano and André threatened Chase, but he couldn't kill her. Flashbacks to their wedding and wedding night. Hope wants to know "the rest." He recounts how he went downstairs, was going through the motions, knew he couldn't do it when Hope came downstairs and saw how beautiful she was. (Really cool screen effect as flashbacks are played with Aiden superimposed on them as he speaks.) She wonders why the DiMeras didn't switch him sooner; he doesn't know. He asks if she believes him; she asks what it matters. She declares she will hate him forever because he never stopped lying to her.

Hope goes out to the main room, asks Roman if Rafe's checked in. He needs to know about this - he was right about Aiden all along. Hope can't believe she believed Aiden over Rafe, tells Roman he should take her badge. Roman talks her down, makes her feel better. She wants to call lockup, Roman says there's nothing to charge him with. Justin returns, Hope lists potential crimes, the only thing they could do would be to charge him with fraud for adding his name to the insurance if they can prove he did it. (Justin fears that Aiden, who has already confessed to same, will recant and charm the jury.) Hope wants him held for 24 hours.

In the DiMera Drughouse Dungeon, Rafe comes to in his chains. He sees a blinking red light and a clock counting down (about 58 minutes left). Rafe reasons that Aiden couldn't have done this even though Aiden bought the house from André. He spies a pliers or something on the ground, tries to reach it with his foot and pull it to him. It takes him awhile as we see the time is about 30 minutes. After spending about 90 more seconds struggling, Rafe damns André.

At Shady Hills, Chase drops a book and Ciara picks it up. Ciara asks what's wrong; he says he hates this place. He's not in the mood for a lecture; she just wants to set something straight. She wants to know why he lied about seeing her in the reading room when Abby escaped. Now she's mad, because she has to support his lie, or tell JJ the truth which will make him think she had something to do with the kidnapping. Ciara lays into Chase about the rape, gets angry. Chase wants her to keep her voice down, but she lets him have it. He has a coughing fit, but doesn't want help, doesn't want drugs. He needs to stay alert because people know what he did. Apparently these coughing attacks last 15 minutes or so, but the doctors don't know. She says that's not how it works, he asks how therapy with Marlena is going. Ciara shuts him down, but he wants to know that she's happy. She refuses to give him any part of her, tells him to focus on his recovery, and she on hers. She leaves, telling him never to speak to her again.

At the Horton House, Jennifer tells Doug and Julie that Abby would want her to protect Thomas. Nobody seems to question this odd assertion. Edited to add: Chad calls Belle and says he'll need an attorney.

Hope has called Mami, who hasn't seen Rafe. She's also called Gabi and Eduardo, no luck. Shawn-D comes in, calls Hope MOM, updates him on Rafe's search at the DiMera-Aiden property. Roman comes in as Hope is about to leave, there's a bank robbery and all hands are needed. Hope sneaks out anyway. She gets to the house with 20 minutes on the clock, Rafe begs her to flee. Hope wants to shoot it, Rafe tells her it's rigged to blow if she does that.

Last edited:
I think Jennifer is crazy for suing for custody of Thomas. What has Chad done that has endangered Thomas? And for Doug to be encouraging it! Chad made a lot of good points, lack of sleep and carrying him around might hurt her back and lead to more pain pills. She hasn't been clean that long.

Still hating the fact that they actually had Chase rape Ciara. No redemption there but she is annoying.

Hating every minute of Hope and Aiden. She of all people should know what the Dimeras are capable of getting people to do. Lord knows she has made plenty of mistakes. Am I remembering right, didn't she actually sleep with Stefano during the whole Gina thing? Or was that actually Gina? Was glad Aiden said they were threatening Chase. You can't tell me Hope wouldn't go to extremes if someone was threatening her kids?

I do not like her holier than thou attitude. Has she forgotten she killed Stefano in cold blood and dumped his body! I just hate what they have done to Aiden. And now Hope "Rafe needs to know he was right about Aiden all along" So yes please, the big strong man knew better than me. I love him, I must be with him now. Yep hating it all. :rotfl:

Oh and another thing, how is Hope still a cop? Besides killing a man in cold blood, today Roman says "bank robbery, all hands on deck" and she turns and runs the other way.

Last edited:
Am I remembering right, didn't she actually sleep with Stefano during the whole Gina thing? Or was that actually Gina?
Hope did sleep with Stefano, because they had an online audience poll to determine who the father of her baby was, Stefano or John. The winner was John and for quite awhile he was the father of JT (really Zack). Then they rewrote the story to say Hope (as Gina) had sex with Bo who was a street mime under mind control and neither one remembered the encounter.

Hating every minute of Hope and Aiden. She of all people should know what the Dimeras are capable of getting people to do. Lord knows she has made plenty of mistakes. Am I remembering right, didn't she actually sleep with Stefano during the whole Gina thing? Or was that actually Gina? Was glad Aiden said they were threatening Chase. You can't tell me Hope wouldn't go to extremes if someone was threatening her kids? I do not like her holier than thou attitude. Has she forgotten she killed Stefano in cold blood and dumped his body! I just hate what they have done to Aiden. And now Hope "Rafe needs to know he was right about Aiden all along" So yes please, the big strong man knew better than me. I love him, I must be with him now.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hope needs to be backburnered to once a week and be shown as a meddling mom and grandmother for a while. No reason why she can't stay single. I'd like to see Rafe focus on non-Hope related police cases and maybe explore things with Blanca.

Still hating the fact that they actually had Chase rape Ciara. No redemption there but she is annoying.

Completely agree. At this point I don't understand why we keep getting these contrived scenes between them when there are other characters I'd rather see.

Right now, I'm Team Chad in the custody battle. That is subject to change at anytime but I am Team Chad. I am happy to see increased air time for Jen, Julie and Doug though.

Pop Up Shawn strikes again!

The wardrobe editing was WAY off today. It's the same Salem day as the rest of the week yet Jennifer, Doug and Julie were in new wardrobe.:rolleyes:

A good title for today's episode would be "Angry Grannies Day." Over at the police station angry Granny Hope was using the police interrogation process as a vehicle to express her rage at Aiden and then compounded her sins by holding the shyster overnight on no charge and also had the unmitigated nerve to suggest to Justin that he's "scared" to bring charges. (Victor might have a a few choice one-liners for Hope for daring to suggest that a Kiriakis is afraid to act against some shyster lawyer.) Things were even worse over at the loving Deveraux home as the ranting, squawking, irrational, pill-addict Grandma Jen Jen, outdid herself in spewing nonsense at poor Chad. (When is she going to get it into her addled mind that Chad was brought-up as a Peterson-Woods?) It's too bad that Teen Ciara wasn't there instead of having yet another pointless confrontation with the pathetic Chase. She'd have scalded Jenny's hide. That said, Jenny may have escaped the wrath of Hope's angry daughter, but she could be in for a world of hurt if Chad unleashes Barracuda Belle on her.

The wardrobe editing was WAY off today. It's the same Salem day as the rest of the week yet Jennifer, Doug and Julie were in new wardrobe.
Some of Julie and Doug's dialogue had me questioning this, as if Chad and Jen's confrontation at the DiMansion was awhile ago. Who knows with this show anymore.

Jen was accusing Chad of having DiMera genes, of being dangerous, etc. even though he has never committed a crime. So....if having those genes MAY cause Chad to go rogue at some point, then what about Jennifer having her mother's genes. After all, Jen could have a breakdown at some point, leave Thomas on a bus all by himself (which is what her mother did to her)

And what was with her spewing off about her home being warm and inviting, while Chad's is cold and a mess???? Huh?

Thank you, Jason, appreciate the writeup.

When Hope told Aiden that he was going to be sorry when Rafe found out the truth did anybody else hear this ditty from the Sixties: "My boyfriend is back and you're gonna be in trouble. Hey La de dah My boyfriend is back!" No? Well what can I say other then my brain goes to odd places sometimes and at my age I've just learned to roll with it. :)

I haven't been posting this week because frankly the show hasn't been giving me much to work with lately. But today I decided to break that self-imposed embargo because I wanted to be sure that I heard something correctly: Did Hope actually say the name "Gabi?" Because I'm thinking if Hope did say "Gabi" then could this mean our... okay MY... long national nightmare may be coming to end? That we may ACTUALLY see Gabi in the near future? Dare I dream?

On a related note Camilla Banus (Gabi) has tweeted that she will be airing again soon and she went through a peroid where she just wasn't taping. Obviously that dark period is airing now. She hasn't offered any explanation as to why that was. I do know from following her on twitter that about five months ago is about when the current episodes were being taped she was shooting an independent film called Speak Now and I was wondering if she was still on "Days", this is before she announced she resigned for another year. So that probably explains things somewhat, I'm kind of glad to know she wasn't taping and it's not a matter of her being in a bunch of scenes that just got cut.

This update on the career of Camila Banus (Gabi) has been brought to you by the letters M and Q and the number 5. LOL

Last edited:
Jen was accusing Chad of having DiMera genes, of being dangerous, etc
And if this were true (all DiMeras are genetically evil), why even bother with baby Thomas? He's cursed anyway. Methinks Jennifer is not as clean as she thinks she is.
did anybody else hear this ditty from the Sixties
No, I was too busy vomiting. I'm sick of Hope running to Rafe, like she can't solve her own problems. Dumb.

I actually thought of you Troy when they mentioned Gabi. I laughed and meant to remark on twitter that "Hey Gabi IS still...somewhere."

LOL, Troy, yep.....that song immediately came to mind......My boyfriend's back, & you're gonna be in trouble". LOL, maybe the dialogue writer was thinking that as well. Ha.

Hey, Jason, good thought about baby Thomas, & DiMera genes. Oooooh, I sure hope it gets mentioned. I was soooo happy today (since I mentioned it the other day) that Chad brought up Jen's pill addiction. I am thinking a mediator is needed here, calm cool, and unrelated. Calling Marlena.

So, who was impressed with the Ciara confrontation of Chase, and his "meltdown" (according to spoilers). Yep, didn't think so.

You know, I love Julie, & Doug as well, I honestly do. But Doug threatening Chad? O.K. But Chad immediately apologized to them, never got physical with them, and they heard his passionate statements about his son, & attempting to take him away. He did not threaten or anything. Will that not give them 2nd thoughts? I honestly find it hard to believe Doug suggested the suit, plus his list of lawyers were ones they met on cruises?? Give me a break!!!!

The continuity on this show is so weird. I guess we're just supposed to assume all these stories are happening concurrently but it's just so jarring to see a cliffhanger on Tuesday of Rafe with the bomb and Hope punching out and arresting Aiden but then we don't see the follow up until today. I just don't get it.

I'm glad that Hope confronted Aiden about his lies and has found Rafe but I still hate the story. I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of bringing Aiden back. It seems so utterly pointless. If they needed someone to be a foil for the budding relationship between Rafe and Hope then they should have considered bringing in the never before seen presumed dead fiance of Rafe's from before he showed up in Salem (sorry, her name escapes me right now). I could have been on board for that. Heck, dare I say, I'd have taken a Sami return over this garbage.

I totally skipped through the Ciara/Chase scenes and still feel like my time was wasted. LOL.

I thought Chad was great today. I liked how he softened when Doug admonished him for verbally attacking Julie and Jennifer. To be honest, I think both Chad and Jennifer bring up valid points. I like Poirot's idea of a mediation with Marlena to come to some sort of agreement. But what's the fun in that when we can have a custody battle? :rolleyes:

Thanks, Jason.

Heather, I got confused what day it is too because Doug, Julie, and Jen changed clothes.

Interesting to learn Doug's list of lawyers are names he got on cruises. I wouldn't use
any of them. Aiden was a lawyer that came from out of town. Look how he turned out :)

I'm not surprised Chad brought up Jen being an addict and Jen called Chad a DiMera
in their heated argument. I hope they won't be going to court because Thomas will be the
biggest loser.

Today Hope found out she actually married Aiden and not the impostor. Are they still legally married?

I enjoyed Hope's line to Roman "Take my badge, I don't deserve to carry it". That's a fact since
she killed Stefano.

Great come back Jen said to Chad "I light up every time I see Ciara"

Ummm, Jennifer, have you been asleep for the last century? Because, ummm, no judge would side with a Dimera? Psst, 99% of the time a Dimera is in front of a judge, the Dimera wins. Jen Jen, did you forget whose best friend Kristen was, who took Kristen back as a bestie? Nice throwing Lexie's name in as a criminal. I'm sure Abe, your friend you campaigned for, would love to hear you calling his wife that.

Oh how I wish Rafe would say "frankly Hope my dear I don't give a hoot". Or he should say "gee golly Hope, I am so glad I am your back up plan, your second choice, NOT"

The Ciara storyline makes me ill. She is not anywhere near ready to be volunteering in a mental hospital. Her telling Chase off again is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Today Hope found out she actually married Aiden and not the impostor. Are they still legally married?
Only if the marriage certificate was filed. Since Aiden "died" on the wedding night, I doubt that the certificate would have been filed. Of course, this is Salem, so anything could happen.

Of course rules are different from state to state, and in Salem, but after the ceremony, whoever officiated your wedding has the duty of filing your marriage certificate with the applicable recording agency in your county. If that person fails to do so, it does not invalidate or nullify your marriage; it just may make it harder to document your marriage.

f that person fails to do so, it does not invalidate or nullify your marriage; it just may make it harder to document your marriage.
I think it depends on what state. A couple in my church got married (20+ years ago) and somehow the marriage certificate was not sent in after the wedding. (or sent and lost in the mail) About 10-15 years later, they separated and she filed for divorce. During the preparation of the complaint in divorce, her attorney found that the certificate was never filed at the courthouse. He said they were not legally married and there was no need for the divorce. At that point, she just filed for child support.

JS, this situation sounds like the exception to the rule. I decided to double-check on this and went to the online version of one of the two major legal encyclopedias, American Jurisprudence 2d, and it stated flatly that a failure to file a marriage certificate does not invalidate a marriage, but can make the fact of the marriage harder to prove. Additional information included that laws requiring the filing of certificates are aimed at the celebrants and fines are imposed on them for failure to carry out this duty. What does invalidate a marriage is the absence of a marriage license. One interesting footnote mentioned a case where an accused bigamist tried to claim that a prior marriage was invalid because no certificate was filed. The court completely rejected this argument, which Kate and Philip should keep in mind if they ever decide get rich by dabbling in bigamy.

Last edited:
Back