Days of Our Lives - Thu., July 27, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At her office, Kayla is clearing her office out (the Board is appointing someone during her suspension and wants the office). Steve arrives - he's working on the case to clear her. They cross-reference every person who worked on the three shifts where the "mistakes" were made. Shelley's the only nurse/doctor/resident/intern who meets the criteria. Steve gets the results of a background check, which show that Shelley was fired for insubordination at her last job. Later, Kayla is looking at mementos from patients, Steve vows to get her back to work, perhaps today.

At Teen Loft 1, Joey and Tripp have finished a run. Tripp gets a text from Jade asking about Kayla's payback. Tripp lies and says that it's nice she has a chance to make up with her mom, which he never got. Joey changes the subject, Tripp detects this and brings it back to how Ava looked so nice on the DVDs, blah blah. Tripp slips, lets his hatred of Kayla show for a second, Joey talks her up. Tripp says she'll never be his mom; Joey discusses how losing her job will affect his mom. Later, Joey updates him on the case, is confident Steve will clear Kayla and find the culprit. Tripp flounces, leaving the pictures (which he had made from the DVDs).

At DiMansion, Chad is working on selling the ring. He assures Gabi that it's not because of her reaction to it. Gabi reads about Dario's arrest, freaks out, Chad promised he wasn't going to go to the cops. Chad is stymied. Gabi has to go, Chad wants to accompany her, but can't.

Elsewhere in the DiMansion, André is talking to Abby on the phone (she's at the Martin House) and they conspire to protect Chad. Abe hasn't left yet. Abby reveals that Dario is trying to blackmail her into leaving with him (André has some great lines). Dario arrives home, out on bail. Abby pretends she's talking to her mom, updates André (who is flummoxed that Dario was released). Dario smarms all over her.

At the DiMansion study, André enters, asks where Gabi was going in such a rush. Chad updates him, and André is not subtle in his attempts to get Chad to scoot out of the house. Abe arrives, and he and Chad and André talk about firing Theo in exchange for the laptop. Round and round. The upshot is Theo will keep his job, André wants the laptop. He won't tell Chad why though; Gabi enters, André leaves. Gabi tells Chad about Dario's witness deal, and that Abby is leaving with him, without Thomas. Chad is peeved, bolts before Gabi can tell him why Abby married him.

At the Station, Eli and Rafe discuss Dario's flight risk. Eli says Dario's only hope is to meet the plea agreement.

Dario pressures Abby to come with him, or Chad will fry for murder (gad this is awful). On and on. Gabi arrives, lays into Dario, how could he do this (Rafe has updated her on the scam marriage and the drug cartel). Gabi thanks Abby for saving Dario's life, but now she's out of this. Dario says Abby's going with him, Abby fails to use her brain and instead claims she's grown to love Dario, doesn't want to leave Thomas, but knows Gabi will love him like her own. Gabi leaves. Later, Eli calls, the deal is approved. Dario and Abby have to go the station, ready to leave and with the evidence. She quickly calls André when Dario is out of the room, learns they didn't get the laptop. She's basically stalling for time. Unfortunately Dario returns, checks her phone (but there is no caller ID, so Abby is safe). She claims she wants to say good-by to Thomas in person.

At Teen Loft 1, a morose Joey looks at Ava's pictures, pleads that he is sorry.

At Kayla's office, Steve leaves, goes to check on Shelley. At the nurse's station, Tripp approaches Steve, asks if he can prove Shelley set Kayla up yet. Steve relays the letters, knows that someone set Kayla up - maybe Shelley, maybe someone else.

At the police station, Rafe interrogates Eli about the deal, Eli has some tells but we don't get any information.

In the Martin lobby, Dario and Abby are leaving. Dario promises this is a chance for her to start a new life. Chad enters - going somewhere?

I don't think Abby is actually planning on leaving with Dario. She just wants to appear to be going along with it. He cannot be gone fast enough!! Black mailing a woman to be with you?! Does he really think he can make her love him? And one day they'll just look back on this and laugh at how hard to get she was. Needs to end!!!

Has Joey ever told Tripp that Ava was trying to seduce him to get at his parents. How on earth can Tripp not believe the stories EVERYONE tells him about his mom just because of a short video of her.

It seems to me the fans of EJ and Sami fell for the blackmailing someone to be with you. It was just as disgusting then but for some reason a lot of people liked them together.

Please let Raines have an exit story. Maybe they will make Rafe Commissioner. Who knows.

Good job, Jason. Gad, when you think Dario cannot get any worse, he proves you wrong. Gabi was yammering yet again. Egads! What the heck does Abe think Theo will be doing when Abe is not around at all? He is grown, is in college for heaven's sakes, and his uncle (Chad) gave him a job with computers, and he is a whiz at them. Abe did not see Theo with Andre, he was alone with the computer, why is Abe picking on Andre (not that he does not deserve it...cannot blame anyone for not trusting him) when Chad did the hiring and asking him to do whatever.

Would that ring not be Abby's to sell? O.K. she returned it. So he has to get it appraised, doesn't remember how much he paid for it, huh? LOLWould that ring not be something Thomas might have wanted to have when he grew up? ??

The silly season continues in Salem.

Dario: He thinks the FBI will send him some place near a beach? Why should they accommodate him? It would serve the slime master right if he ends up in some hot, dry, treeless, and thoroughly beachless location.
old-derelict-trailer-9683222.jpg

Dario's new domicile courtesy of the FBI.
Sure it needs a little work, but there's
no place like home.
Seth Burns: He really hires the best. :sarcasm: First, it was a drooling hospital-gown fetishist, then a dingo doctor from the Outback, and now it's the habitually-insubordinate Nurse Shelly. When this mess is all over, Burns should get down on his knees and beg Kayla not to take her services to a real hospital.

Helicopter Abe: He's doing his best to outdo Sami as an interfering parent. Perhaps, to prevent problems in the future, he should give Theo a list of jobs that he finds acceptable.

Trippy: If he wants to avoid suspicion in the Kayla mess, he'd better quit wearing that black muscle shirt. As Dario demonstrated last week, it's the wardrobe choice of Salem lowlifes.

Andre: He thinks that the police have lost "their bloody minds." As he should know from the years of failed Salem P.D. efforts to bring down the DIMeras, the cops in Salem don't really have any minds to lose.

Last edited:
Would that ring not be Abby's to sell? O.K. she returned it. So he has to get it appraised, doesn't remember how much he paid for it, huh? LOLWould that ring not be something Thomas might have wanted to have when he grew up? ??

Yes!! I couldn't figure out why Chad would be selling it if it is Abby's ring!!!

Thanks, Jason.

I'm sure everyone was glad it was a new day. Everyone had something
different on except Dario.

Gabi's dress with interesting with the pattern of lipsticks and mascaras on it.

I wonder why Tripp's name didn't come up on the list Kayla made. He was there
all three times. Doesn't he have to clock in like a regular employee?

I got lost during the discussion with Abe, Chad and Andre. Abe didn't want Theo work
with the DiMeras. Then he said it would be ok if Andre was fired. I think now Abe is
deciding if he's going to bring laptop back. Maybe the battery on laptop is so low Abe
can't see anything if he does open it now.

Last edited:
I wonder why Tripp's name didn't come up on the list Kayla made.
Because they only looked at different types of doctors (interns, residents, etc) and nurses, not other employees/non-staff. I feel like Steve is zeroing in on Tripp, which is why I looked up if he had told Tripp about Shelley.

I am still uneasy about Gabi living in the DiMeara mansion - it's all weird since Abby was her best friend and lived there, etc.

I am enjoying the suspense of the laptop - will they or won't they retrieve it? Even though I thought the convo with Abe went on a tad too long.

I also must point out that Tripp is NOT following the rules to be a good character. He has no friends (unless you count his unhealthy obsession with his dead birth mom's DVD), he has not made anyone laugh, and his only plot point he has made happen has been to frame one of the nicest and most well-loved characters on the show.

This needs to turn around fast.

Thanks for the write-up. This was a decent episode. Glad the investigation to help Kayla is going somewhere. That's probably the best storyline on the soap at the moment. Everything else on the show was alright too.

Back