Days of Our Lives - Thu., July 6, 2017

This was my actual previous post. I don't know why it ended up in italics as though it was a quote from a previous poster. Oh well. Here it is again.

Blood and DNA aren't always prerequisites for good parents. If age or fertility are an issue, then move on. Many folks adopt children with special needs, from different cultures, and older kids. It takes the unconditional love and commitment to be a "real" parent 24 hours a day. A parent who adopts is no less a REAL parent than someone who has a child biologically. Adoptive parents are not "stand-ins" nor are they chopped liver. They are REAL parents. Sadly, there can be unfortunate parents in any circumstance, regardless of genetics.

Susala, I know there are others here who would agree with you about children. I have three adopted grandchildren myself. One is from another country and has special needs.

Maybe the scene with Brady being told about the kiss was cut. I didn't see it either.

Did anybody else think that fruit Sonny was about to eat at the end of the show looked artificial? What he had in his hand looked more like a very ripe tomato than anything else. I kept wondering if he was going to take a big bite out of it.

@gramcracker Julie always acts like an idiot.

Abby, Abby, Abby. She made bad choices with Ben and EJ, but for the most part, she was a pretty tenacious, straightforward, relentless, dog-with-a-bone character. WHAT HAPPENED? The writers certainly made her gullible, clueless, spineless, and downright stupid. This story isn't the least bit believable in any way, shape, or form and is actually to pathetic to watch.

big-boy-sonny-jpg.3983
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

For the record, I was expecting Brady to react more to the kiss news. I wasn't aware he knew they kissed, or that they remembered that, for that matter. Sloppy editing or bad writing? Now taking bets, LOL.

Meanwhile Mrs Garland, Noodle's owner, seems sharper than the average Salemite. She not only noticed something out of place, she actually acted upon it, helped people, and then was helpful with the police. At this point she should be running Salem.

First off, Nicole's outfit! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: A tight, unbuttoned top, worn to work with a former lover. And their relationship is supposed to be platonic? Give me a break!

Unusual that the Martin House garage has to be unlocked from the outside. A fire code violation, for sure!

How is hypnosis able to correct drug-addled memory? GIGO: "Garbage in, garbage out." A fail, writers!

I appreciated Julie's cautioning Hope about taking people for granted. Pointing out that sometimes there is no tomorrow.

Thought maybe that line "there is no tomorrow" was a cue for someone to break out and sing the song! LOL

Let's see, Marlena has already done hypnosis on Lani (we saw that) and JJ (unseen, just mentioned). Some of the drugged guests ARE having vague memories, so if they are, perhaps it IS possible they have memories that they cannot consciously recall??

I just get a kick of how easily Marlena puts them under....Seems to take her less than 10 seconds. Ha.

I've always wondered about that. Is it really that easy to hypnotize someone? I don't think I've ever known a person in real life who's been hypnotized and I wonder if it would even be possible to hypnotize me.

Hope has a 20 yr. old granddaughter. that would be rather difficult if only 50. her son, Shawn has to be past 30 about 40 if he has a 20 yr. old daughter...& she was 20 when she had him
I guess Kristian Alfonso's (Hope) real age, 53, got in the way. However, John and Marlena should be over 70 and at times, act like teenagers.

There are many hypnosis CDs, etc., around, that are supposed to help you with various issues; they seem harmless. I have one on my phone that can put me asleep for a short time, but maybe I was just tired. :)

The subliminal message stuff is a little more alarming, but has pretty much been deemed ineffective.

Back