Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jun. 11, 2015

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the Horton House, JJ is talking with Abigail about what really killed Paige: the fact that it wasn't a one-night stand with Eve. Now she's not Paige anymore. JJ wonders how Abby can stand to be around him, knowing what he did. She flashes back to her romp with Chad, saying she can understand. JJ is too busy looking sullenly out the window to notice. But he does remark that what happened between Abby/EJ was different. More gab about how Ben is awesome, and at least Jen has one kid that's not a screwup. Abby assures him that although it feels like the end of the world, it isn't, he'll be able to move on. JJ takes this the wrong way, declares he's going to win Paige back. She tries to talk him out of it, but can't stop him...he leaves; she's flummoxed.

At her dorm, Paige finds the music box JJ gave her, imagines Eve & JJ...tosses the box, breaking it, as she cries.

Eve arrives at Jeannie Theresa's apartment. Jeannie is feeling overwhelmed as a single mom. Jeannie needs help even though it's been "100 years" since Eve had a baby, she still knows more. Eve looks angry, tells her that "Jennifer Horton and that skank son of hers" have ruined her life. Eve babbles, and Jeannie hasn't a clue what she's talking about. Paige enters, demands Eve tell Jeannie T what happened. Paige has showed up to ask Jeannie T to get some stuff from Eve's, Jeannie remains dumbfounded, finally tells her aunt what happened. Jeannie is shocked, wants Eve to deny it, then turns to Paige and apologises. Paige describes the sadness Eve felt post-surgery-fail, JJ's sadness over their breakup, etc. Paige vows never to speak to Eve again. She leaves. Jeannie wonders how this happened, Eve is downcast, begs Jeannie not to tell Daddy or Kim. Jeannie wants to know how Eve could have sat here all those months ago, hating JJ, then gone to bed with him. Eve blames Jennifer, thinks she should be shot, Jeannie is understandably baffled, Eve rails on about how Jen forced her to keep the secret, and she still has her family, Eve has nobody. Jeannie T is upset by this, Eve goes on, ignoring her, about how awful Jennifer is, and she has to pay.

At Daniel's, Jennifer has arrived to talk to him about what happened (after making sure Parker is gone). She grants him permission to say "I told you so" and they hug. Daniel acknowledges that her intentions were pure, the situation was odd. Daniel surmises it's easier to blame herself than JJ. Jennifer continues to place 100% of the blame on "that woman" Eve. During a break, she apparently tells him about the Eve-planting-drugs bit, he wants to call the cops, she talks him out of it, laments how she hurt Paige. He goes on about what a great mom she is, how the kids know it, etc. She goes home, talks with Abby after JJ has left, Abby apologises for kicking her while she was down. Jennifer says she "felt like she became a different person" and had only vengeance for Eve and trying to get JJ/Paige back together became the only important thing for her. Abby is glad the old Jen is back, pep talks her about what a great mom she is, how they'll always have each other. Jen talks about how a mom can only be as happy as her saddest child. Abby makes a sad remark, Jen overlooks its context in order to gas on more about how great Ben is.

Hope appears at the Kmansion to talk to Victor about Clyde Weston. "The hillbilly Kate's hanging out with?" Victor asks, as he tries to play dumb. Hope sees through it; she points out that he gave up his trucking business to Clyde. Victor keeps the dumb line, wondering what's happening. Is this official business, or a fishing expedition. She points out that Victor didn't like Clyde at first, he says Maggie helped calm him down. She pushes; he says Clyde's not that important. She says he's lying, he claims his feelings are hurt (LOL). She "forgot how fragile he was." Asks pointedly if this re-assessment's happening 2 days after Sonny's stabbing was just a coincidence. Victor keeps pushing her off, gets a call, begs her to leave this alone. He angrily tells her for her sake and for his, LEAVE IT ALONE.

At the Brady Pub, Ben and Clyde talk about how Ben's still upset with Chad DiMera. Gets a call from an operative, who tells him Det Brady's at Victor's. He tells the caller he needs time to process that information, hangs up, evades Ben's questions. Clyde tries to convince Ben that he should put a completely untraceable app on Abby's phone to keep tabs on her. Ben refuses. Then Clyde calls Victor, telling him it's time they meet.

At the DiMansion, Chad's shocked that Stefano's back, despite the tax evasion charges. Stefano assures him that they're close to getting rid of the charges, and nobody knows he's here. He wants to toast Chad & Abigail's boink. (Harold informed him.) Stefano claims that women love DiMera men, Chad points out Kate's happy with Clyde. Stefano diverts; Chad wants to know why he's really here. He claims that Chad's his only son left, and he wants to make sure he doesn't repeat the same mistakes with Chad as with the others. Harold comes in and says that Miss Deveraux is here, Chad says he'll meet her in the garden. (See below.) Stefano gloats despite Chad's warning not to.

JJ has gone to Daniel's, Daniel places all the blame on Eve, that "world-class *bleep* who zeroed in on destroying JJ's family and then set her sights on JJ." (My gosh is this guy delusional.) Daniel wishes there were some way he could help JJ. JJ asks for help getting Paige to understand, Daniel shoots the idea down. Daniel says JJ is the one who needs to understand that JJ/Paige are over. JJ continues to beg, Daniel stands firm, he's not going to work on Paige. In fact, JJ should leave, Paige will be here in a half an hour. JJ leaves...and guess who's waiting at the door? Paige is upset, offers to come back, JJ reaches for her, she shrugs him off, is glad he's leaving. JJ leaves; Daniel asks how Paige is doing. Paige is sick of everyone lying to her...has he been, too? Daniel admits it, tries to apologise, but Paige says he's "pretty low on the list of people who should have told" her. He wants to help. She says he can tell the Deveraux she's done with them, stop pushing. He offers to find her a therapist, she's unwilling to talk anymore about it. He says she needs love, she doesn't want love, if what Eve/JJ offered her was love.

Later, Abby is going through the mail, finds out that Jen made a donation in Kristen's memory to the Children's fund. Talks about how she had hope for Kristen, and this leads to how DiMeras are evil, and she's glad Abby's not involved with Chad anymore. This causes Abby to rush over to the DiManse.

At the Horton House, alone, JJ hears an effects montage of Paige telling him, "It's over, JJ." He realises he's lost her.

In the Square, Jen is talking with Abe, showing him something she got for Laura, who's doing well (it's her birthday). Abe thinks she deserves some "serenity" after everything she's been through. Eve is eavesdropping, and starts repeating "Laura Horton" over & over. Later, she's looking at a tablet reading an article about Laura being committed, while Jen is telling JJ [over the phone] that Laura'd love to hear from him on her birthday.

At the Kmanse, Clyde has appeared, wants to talk about Hope Brady. Victor doesn't...Clyde tells him to listen, and not to talk to Detective Brady. Victor says she's family, and he couldn't tell her anything. Not that would hold up in court, Clyde boasts, "Unlike what I have on you." Victor scowls. Clyde shows himself out. Victor doesn't want to see him here again, people can still be shot for trespassing, and this time he'll make sure himself Clyde is dead. Clyde laughs.

In the DiMera garden, Abby is flashing back to her night with Chad when Ben calls to check on her. He doesn't like seeing her upset, wants her to be happy. "I love you," he says, and she says "I love you too, Ben," as Chad appears behind her.

Some really odd, choppy editing. Ben & Clyde's scene just ended suddenly, and he's calling Victor...methinks & mehopes he's not long for Salem.

Nice to see Abe, but WHY does he get 45 seconds of screen time only?

Really ham-fisted writing over Chad/Abby/Ben, but I can't even get worked up about it. It's just so boring. I'm glad Chad/Abby have a fan base & they're happy.

JJ's long hair is nice, but doesn't suit the role he's playing now. My opinion only.

Daniel/Jen really overestimate Eve's power. ALL THE ADULTS in this story are bonkers.

Loved Victor & Hope's scenes!! I will forgive the show a lot if Victor actually DOES shoot Clyde.

I actually feel sorry for Eve a bit. She has lost everything. Of her own devise, of course, but still, great performance today. Felt even MORE sorry for Jeannie T, almost. She and Eve treat each other like dirt. Nobody really to like in this storyline. And Daniel is not only tacked-on, he's creepy.

I'd like to see Paige try to kill Eve and accidentally kill Clyde, then run off with Ben. It would fix a lot of problems LOL.

Clyde telling Ben he needs to track Abby is a red flag if I've ever seen one. Ben reconciling with his psycho daddy will make so much sense if he starts to take Clyde's creepy advice and gets possessive of Abby and starts stalking her, which could lead to all kinds of trouble for Abby like rape or a forced marriage (anyone else getting Sami/EJ vibes lol).

I haven't watched yet, but if Daniel actually told Paige that she needs love, I'm worried LOL. How long before the good doctor is falling into bed with Paige. Just gives me the hebbie jebbie's thinking about it. :rotfl:

JJ and Eve are idiots. Eve blames Jen for her problems and JJ actually thought he still had a chance with Paige. However, in JJ's defense, maybe he looks around town and see things others have forgiven their significant others for, and he figures sleeping with his girlfriend's mother shouldn't rank that high on the unforgiveable meter.

When Daniel's track record with women is taken into account, there's very good reason for one to squirm when he tells a young woman she "needs love", especially when you consider Chelsea was Paige's age when he started whatever it was he was doing with her.

gramcracker I don't think that was the writers' intention to be sure. But it still came off as very creepy given his history. (In fact, while looking for a clip of Parker/Chloe/Daniel on youTube, all I could find was a bunch of Chelsea/Daniel channels. ICK.) Also given the fact that he really has no place in this storyline.

Maybe it wouldn't have been as creepy if he had not summoned her to his APARTMENT, but rather his office, as her mentor...?

I FF'd most of the show today. I wasn't super creeped out by Daniel's remark to Paige but can understand others' feelings on it. I do however like this new and improved take no crap from anyone personality that Paige has. She is way more interesting now than she ever was but I just can't take Eve and her antics, JJ's moping, or Daniel polishing Jennifer's crown about the whole thing. Blech.

OMG....if I have to see Clyde and Ben sit in a booth and talk about Abby/Chad one more time I will scream! They better be heading toward a whodunnit with Clyde. He seems to be building up some enemies and doesn't seem long for this world. I hope it happens soon. Jason, I love your idea of Paige accidentally killing him and running off with Ben. LOL. Maybe Kate can go after her for killing her precious hillbilly boyfriend. Is there a way we can fit Will into this scenario as well? :rotfl:
I suppose we'll be spending the rest of the summer with both Chad and Abigail having flashbacks of their romp and near misses of Ben finding out or whatever. I could definitely see Ben going psycho over the situation and becoming his father.

Good job, Jason.....
I think Eve is the creepy one. She insists that her doing the horizontal tango with JJ several times is Jen's fault! Huh?
Daniel asked if Paige has someone she can talk to (since she is so bitter). When she said no, he offered to get her a therapist's name. But she doesn't want to talk to anyone. Is tired of talking. And he said everyone needs love.
(sorry, only saw a bit at the beginning..........and managed to find a video clip of part of the end. Didn't Jeannie T. come to see JJ???? Why?

LOLOL...just saw this.........
CHJsupWWsAAgsTb.jpg

As other posters have said, JJ is definitely delusional, but Eve is totally bonkers. You know things are bad when Jeannie T. comes across as the saner sister. And Eve should really reconsider her mad plan to get revenge on Jenny. As Salem's master of revenge, Stefano, would admit seeking to seriously get even often backfires.

So, we have Eve, Clyde, Victor, Stefano, all seeking revenge for imagined slights. He wasn't on today, but probably could add Will to that list.Maybe Ben as well.
We have Chad, Abby, Jennifer, Daniel, JJ, all feeling guilty about something or other, so get those down in the dumps faces.
And then we have Jeannie T. flitting around, happy as a lark, probably ready to rub it in to whoever she can. And the angry Paige, bottling up everything she is feeling inside.
Yep, sounds like big trouble is on the horizon, probably for a number of people.

... Didn't Jeannie T. come to see JJ???? Why?

Yes, she did, forgot about it as it passed so quickly; she appeared at the door right after JJ and Jen talked on the phone. Looks like she came to gloat...so much for her being the sensible one in this mess. (Wonder who's watching Tate now?)

A cute moment, too, that didn't make it into the summary - Paige asked for a BIG picture of Tate from Jeannie T. :)

I think Eve is the creepy one. She insists that her doing the horizontal tango with JJ several times is Jen's fault!

All the adults in this scenario are bonkers. Jen thinks Eve is 100% responsible; Daniel thinks this was some master manipulation of Eve's; and Eve blames Jennifer (not for the sex but for the fallout/blackmail/losing Paige). Sami syndrome has run amok!!

I don't mean to seem insensitive but I think heartbreak actually looks good on Paige. What I mean by that its giving her character the added bit of oomph she needed. However, I don't want her to walk with nothing but a chip on her shoulder indefinitely. A character who is simply bitter can become just as boring and one-note as one who is too nice.

I don't have a problem with Daniel saying to Paige that she "needs love" as far as his intent is concerned. But did anybody else find themselves saying aloud to themselves: "Oh my God, did he just paraphrase the Beatles?" Now I'm as big a fan of the Fab Four as the next guy but I don't have nearly enough chutzpah to even attempt to co-opt their words as my own. The man has nerve I gotta give him that.

After listening to various members of the Deveraux/Brady/Horton rhapsodize about Ben I've come to the conclusion that he was the one who painted the stars in the sky and hung the moon and the sun. So I wonder if Daniel is even aware that he even has competition for the title of the Second Coming of Salem?

Ah well, even if Ben did those things I mentioned above the good Dr. Jonas doesn't need to worry. After all, we still know Daniel's the one who "wrote the Book of Love" AND "put the bop in the bop-she-bop-rama-lama-ding-dong." I mean am I right or am I right?

Tate is still in hospital I assume, since Theresa was unpacking supplies and reading instructions. Which kind of has me baffled, I never used formula with my kids but the actual bottle part is pretty straight forward no? Push nipple in the top, screw ring to bottle. Couldn't they have given her something more complicated to get frazzled over? Baby monitor or something?

I enjoyed Abby and JJ bonding over past (current) discretions. They need more sibling moments. Could have lived without the anointing of Blessed St Jennifer after though. And did we have to segue from "I made a donation because Kristen used to be a good person" to "All Dimeras are evil"? Couldn't we have waxed lyrical about how Kristen used to be a good friend to Jen or something? Do we have to kick the dead?

JJ’s hair today makes me think of Jack. I'm starting to get quietly optimistic that Jack is coming back and that maybe for once they are going to actually surprise us rather than give us spoilers 5 months in advance. I know, its unlikely, but let a girl dream.

SHUT UP McSCRUFFINS. Do not feed JJ excuses. He deserves to feel bad right now. And DO NOT ASK OTHER PEOPLE TO GROVEL FOR YOU JJ. Its gross. Actually Daniel, I’ll give you a point for saying no to JJ. Actually no, I'm going to take it back off you for making eyes at Paige and mooning at her about needing love.

Theresa’s face when Paige told her about Eve/JJ was hilarious. She went from "Oh no she didn't!" to "Oh yeah, she did!" in seconds.

Oh Stefano, you creepy old man you. I laughed, but its gross and awkward to be congratulating your son on his sex life.

Day FOUR of Ben and Clyde talking about Abby in the Brady Booth. I think this is my new signature count.

Eww Clyde, you old creeper! What the hell is wrong with the old men on this show?? Does this mean that app is on Kate’s phone? Kate's got a poor track record of fidelity, I wonder if they are laying something out for the future here.

Jason, thanks for the summary.

I wonder if Ben will put the app on Abby's phone.

Nice to see Harold. I bet he was happy the DiMera couch
didn't need cleaning.

It took him awhile, but JJ finally realized he shouldn't go after Paige again.
And was the mention of Laura foreshadowing for him or Abby.

I guess Abe was on today wandering around the square since Rafe was
on yesterday :)

I can't wait to see Theresa and JJ tomorrow. I wonder why she's not at
the hospital with Tater Tot.

Daniel did Marlena's job since he talked to Jen, JJ and Paige.
Will he send them bills?

Kudos to Jason and everyone else who watched this episode in its entirety. I salute you. I tried 2 passes and couldn't do it.

The pacing and editing for this show is atrocious. It seems like everybody is on 1-2 times a week only and even then it's either just filler or it's or repetitive junk. Nicole, Xander, Eric should have been on yesterday or today. That story was warming up and then we don't see them again. Not okay.

For someone "in love" with Nicole, Daniel sure was cozy with Jen today. And I've never once seen him look at Nicole the way he was looking at Jen today. I say marry these 2 off and push them to backburner status permanently.

I'm not a fan of JJ's new hairstyle. Great acting by Jen Lilley(Jeannie) and True O'Brien(Paige). I do NOT feel an iota of sympathy for Eve and quite frankly she comes across as someone bat crazy right now. And that dress wasn't doing her any favors either.

Also, the hallway outside Jeannie's apartment looked like Eve's hallway. I realize we are supposed to think they liven the same building but I'm pretty sure we've seen a different exterior for Jeannie's apartment before. The elevator wasn't dark wood.

I've been saying for a few weeks now I think they are building up to a July sweeps murder mystery with Clyde as the victim. I also think Xander will end up dead but we will know who did it right away.

I'm still not taking Ben seriously with that beard. And OMG enough with the Brady Booth!!!!!!!!

Back