Days of Our Lives - Thu., Jun. 28, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Kayla goes to DiMansion and gives Stefan0 the "evidence to destroy Kate." They recap Kayla's suspicions that Kate put Leo up to the lawsuit. Big Z talks about once seeing Leo with Vivian, who never gave up more information to him because Kate murdered Vivian before she could tell him her connection to Leo. He plans to live up to his end of the bargain, but Kayla stops him. They hash and rehash.

Kate and Leo are in a hotel room, where she tells him that destroying Titan is no longer in her best interests. She wants him to accept the settlement because "Chad is like a son" to her. Leo is worried that this is not the big payday he had planned for. Kate tells him he'll still get a chunk of cash to support his work as an artist. He will pursue it on his own, Kate says she won't let Ted turn over the evidence. His only way to get cash is to sign. He will think it over. Later in the private area, he texts Sonny, asking to meet. Meanwhile Kate gets a delivery from Big Z - a picture of her with Leo.

In the Square, Chad is on the phone, thankful for Sonny's support. Steve calls to him; they talk about how Chad's grateful Abby's back, but Steve thinks Abby sounded sad. He backtracks quickly and they talk about how Chad became CEO of Titan "this morning." Chad explains the tough sell to Victor, and his plan for revenge, which Steve thinks is ill-advised.

At the Cabin, Ben and Ciara discuss her hygiene. She will take a sponge bath and he will wash her shirt, outside. Later, she has completed her washing, except for her feet. She calls Ben in and he washes her feet. She thanks him for her rescue. She has ticklish feet, Ben is careful, but when he tries her splinted leg she reflexively kicks him with her good foot. He's fine. Later he takes a pill as he shakes mildly. He has made some food, and plays music on his phone.

In the Pub, replay of Abby telling Gabi she's pregnant with the spawn that could be Stefan0's. Gabi suggests Abby keep it a secret until a paternity test can be done (at 8 weeks). They rehash what Abby's alters did to people and their consequences. Chad comes in, senses tension, updates them on Ben (they're shocked that he's free despite killing 3 people). Abby says she has something important to say, Gabi interrupts with the news she's working for Big Z. Chad is upset, wants Gabi to work for him, she refuses. He departs and Gabi promises to keep Abby's secret.

In the Police station, Rafe tells Hope Tripp's gotten a call from Ciara. Hope isn't listening, because she has realized Ciara could be with Ben Weston based on the boot manufacturing lead and Ben's dropoff point. Later, Rafe has confirmed Ben had a pair of those boots and informs Hope that Ben needs to check in with his doctors soon, and refill his medication.

At the Bench in the Square (guess Steve's been sitting there while everyone moves around), Kayla meets with Steve, tells him DiMera sold the technology to another company, and she knows someone high up there. Steve's thrilled that the tech he needs is no longer in his niece's rapist's hands, but doesn't want to get his hopes up.

The show ends with a music montage over Ben/Ciara, Kate/evidence, Kayla/Steve, Stefan0/Vivian's picture, Abby/Chad and Gabi eyeing her phone as she seethes.

Leo: Now the starving artist knows how it feels to be Salem road kill. He should count himself lucky if he doesn't end up dead like such tools as Sy and Fake Rafe.

Kate: Sure, things look bad now, but Ms. Blue Chunk will land on her feet. There's nothing like being a favorite of TPTB.

Chad-Abigail-McPerv: Their current plot is so "been-there-done-that" that the viewers can practically predict the dialogue in their minds.

Ben: If anyone's in danger at the Super Cabin it's him. Who knows what might happen if trigger-happy Hope charges into the place waving her trusty pistol. Imagine Jordan conversing with her beloved cat, Arthur.
  • Jordan: Oh, Arthur, I'm so worried about Ben. Why did he ever go back to Salem? That awful Hope Brady is liable to shoot him like just she's done to other unlucky people.
  • Arthur (baring his claws): Meow, mee-ow, growl, meee-ow [If Hope harms Ben, I'm going to seriously mess her up].
angry-tabby-cat-grey-striped-40290739.jpg

Arthur: "If Hope harms Ben, she's toast!"

I did not see the show, but did see one scene...evidently where Ciara was getting her feet washed by Ben, and she had some kind of reflex with her foot, hit him in the nose, sending him flying backwards. Funny.

Thanks, Jason.

The episode can be called "We've got a secret", because we know Gabi/Abby, Kayla/Stefan,
Kate/Leo have one.

I enjoyed the scenes with Ciara and Ben. I laughed when she kicked him. What's
going to happen now because he took his last pill?

Don't tell any secrets close to Steve. He heard all of Chad's conversation on the phone.

It was interesting that Stefan remembered Leo talking to Vivian months ago.

Wow, Hope solved the mystery where Ciara is.

I hope Gabi won't do a "Sami Brady" with the DNA test when Abby has it done.

I enjoyed the song at the end.

I'm tired of Steve being in the background of his own story. Steve Johnson is not a supporting character.

I'm tired of Abby playing a wallflower to everyone. She should not have allowed Gabi to snatch that test out of her hands and she should not allow Gabi to call the shots. Find another friend or call Stephanie.

I'm tired of Rafe and Hope conducting their investigation from inside the Salem PD. Come on and go out and look for her. You've figured out the general vicinity of where she could be.

I'm tried of Ciara seeming to now have any needs other than for a shower. I would stiffen up on a bed for that long.

I'm tired of Kate.

The song at the end was awful but the montage was good.

Back