Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 15, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Replay of Chad entering Stefan0's office, checking around, jimmying open the drawer, pawing about in it, and finding the phone. Kate finds him and he shows her the phone. She tries to talk him out of his plan to use this to destroy Stefan0, fearing it will make him look irrational to the almighty board. He calls Lani.

Kayla returns to her office, no Abigail, no note, no glasses. Jennifer comes in, Kayla lets slip that Abby left before her tests, apologizes (thinking that Jen had been there with Abby) and stonewalls. A convenient phone call sends Kayla to a private area, Jennifer looks at her chart. Kayla catches her, Jennifer is worried about a brain tumor. Kayla gives her a minimum of information, no scolding, but does update her about Abby's vanishing. Jen calls Abby.

In the DiMansion study, Stefan0 leaves the secret passage as "Dr Laura" comes in. He demands she become "Gabby." "Dr Laura" refuses to cooperate until Stefan0 threatens to call the police. "Dr Laura" is mad at Stefan0 because "Gabby" is shattered. They go upstairs to end their stalemate. Later we see the end of the ham headache, and the arrival of "Gabby," who lays into Stefan0. He vows to protect her. "Gabby" is not happy that she's a coping mechanism. She plans to flee. Stefan0 warns her that "Dr Laura" will fight "Gabby" and resist these attempts. Bla bla bla. "Gabby" ignores the call from Jen, but listens to the message, alerting her that Abby's trying to get rid of her.

At the Pub, replay of Val upsetting JJ by objecting to his plan to marry her boyfriend's long-lost illegitimate daughter, with Lani coming in and interrupting. Even Abe starts to wonder why JJ is in such a rush. Lots of back and forth, nothing is really said, but Val does get some side-jabs in at Lani, who pleads with Val to let them (JJ/Lani) be happy. She claims she's thinking of her son and lays it on thick about her guilt in not telling her son's father. Again, no forward movement and Abe stops any chance of same by giving Lani the rattle for his first grandchild. Abe goes to get coffee, Lani sends JJ to fetch some tea. Lani tries to lay into Val, who stands strong about her concern for her grandchild. Lani points out that Eli made the choice to let JJ raise the baby, stay out of it. She gets a call from Chad, zips out to meet him at Stefan0's office.

Chad and Kate talk about Abby's mental state, her headaches and blackouts, which he seems to assume are related to grief, which will be allayed when the real killer is jailed. Later, they give Lani the phone, fib about how it was found, Kate confirms it was André's. Lani will tell Trask about this. Kate and Chad try to convince her not to, since Trask dined with Stefan0 on Valentine’s Day.

At the police room, Eli is talking via phone to Dr Evans, relaying messages from Gabi to Ari. Julie rushes in, having heard about Gabi's attempt to destroy evidence. Back and forth about Gabi's guilt. Eli doesn't want to hear it, says Gabi is similar to Julie. Rinse and repeat as she gasses on an on, and he threatens to choose Gabi if forced, missed you growing up, etc. And another rinse and repeat promise from Julie to hold it back with Gabi.

Back at the Pub, Val and Lani have run off to work. Abe and JJ are chatting, he's about to run off to study for his EMT exam. Abe apologizes to JJ for Lani's rude 'tude. Abe is thrilled and (here's a shocker) JJ's happy about the baby.

Once more at the Police Room, Val is talking to Eli about his decision to step back from the baby. He admits he told Lani that, but after his talk with Julie, he is rethinking it.

Outside Stefan0's bedroom, Chad (who still is the on-paper owner of the DiMansion) gives permission to Lani to search Stefan0's room. END

I almost feel like today's Abby/Gabby is a fourth character, a version of Gabby who knows she's not the real Gabi. The previous times we've seen Abby/Gabby, she thought she was the real Gabi Hernandez. Unless she was just Dr. Laura pretending to be Gabby for Stefan.

Can we stop this multiple personality story? Round up the suspects and duke it out. Why do writers insist on making one actor/actress the focus of all episodes. If Sami is on, we know it's going to be her. Kate has finally taken a backseat and has become a much more likable, tolerable character. Figure it out. This story is going round and round and not showing any progress. I don't think the addition of another character, Dr. Laura, helped things.

I also agree with a post on another thread that this is going to crash Jennifer's world, along with the "who's the daddy - oops we already know" story of JJ. Jennifer cannot catch a break. She always has to have the veins in her neck sticking out. She was kind to Eve and now this. Couldn't care less if she is with Eric but she seems happy at least. That all is going to end shortly.

PS: Can Lani just leave, puhleez?????

Today's episode raised some more questions about Salemites.

How can "Dr. Laura" navigate while wearing Kayla's reading classes? She's lucky that he hasn't taken a header down the infamous Town Square steps or the DiMansion staircase where Faye Walker fell to her death.

Does Lani suffer from chronic hypothermia? Today she was wearing a short, open, light jacket on a Mid-March day in the Upper Middle-West. Could it be that she's clinging to her JJ-baby fantasy because her brain has frozen solid?

How would Mr. Shin and the board react if they knew what the New DiMera Guy was up to? Instead of being the hard-charging CEO who's leading the company to new heights, he's spending all his time playing psychiatrist with a schizophrenic.

Does Lani know that Illinois has a grandparent visitation law? Imagine that Dr. Grant sued for visitation rights and the case was heard by batty Judge Rose Duncan (who once declared both Nicole and Chloe unfit). Lying Lani and Eli might just be declared unfit parents with Abe or Dr. Grant getting custody of the child, while poor JJ drowns his sorrows at the Pub.

Has "Gabby" heard of the Salem money tree? If she's going to flee town without money or credit cards, she'll need to stop there before going to the Salem bus station.

Eli and Julie: In the thread for the March 5th 2018 episode I expressed my disappointment in what I considered to be Eli's pathetic and mealy-mouthed attempt to curtail Julie's shameful verbal assault on Gabi at the Rafe and Hope wedding fiasco. I said I would call him a spineless jellyfish if that wasn't such an egregious insult to jellyfish. So while I was aware that they would have scenes today, I didn't have much hope for them, especially after the way Julie came bounding into the interrogation room, much like a kid on Christmas morning.

But Eli surprised me by, as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson called during his Pro-wrestling days, "laying the smack down" on Julie. I never would have expected him to actually threaten to cut her out of his life. Not only that, he spoke ill of Nick to her. I have to say I was actually impressed.

I know it would be easy to dismiss those scenes as another round in the rinse-and-repeat cycle but I don't know, I think there might have been some real progress made. I don't know for sure if Eli was bluffing or not, but I think Julie was wise not to call him on it. I was also genuinely moved when talk moved to David and by the hug at the end.

So for that reason, I'm going to choose to believe that Julie was sincere in her promise to at least make an effort to see in Gabi what Eli sees in her. While I'm at it, I will also be looking into the availability of beautiful ocean front property in Arizona. :)

Last edited:
It does seem that Gabby knows full well she is an alter now, and she blames Stefan. But, she thinks she is stronger now, and could possibly not be controlled by Dr. Laura. (who told Stefan that he really made things more difficult for Gabby & Dr. Laura). So Gabby was all set to run off, when Stefan reminded her that Abigail is the host, and she therefore is really the "boss".

This has all become so convoluted and hard to keep straight. Marci Miller (Abby) does a good job with the transitions, and different personalities.....but there she was, as Gabby, who was proclaiming to be REAL Gabi, but now is a different Gabby, since Stefan mentioned saving her by framing real Gabi.
Yep, think I have Squirrelly's headache. LOL

Don't believe Julie for a second.......Eli did call Nick a monster, but I really and truly want someone, ANY ONE, to list Nick's transgressions, especially those to Gabi. Julie needs to wake up about Nick.

Nick may have devolved into a pathologically disturbed person, but I remember him when he was first introduced. He was brilliant, sweet, lovable, quirky and ready to be a friend to all. That's the clever Nick that I remember and even miss. He also had a nice, inventive wardrobe. And I'm not talking about the pillow.

Thanks, Jason.

What a slow day in Salem.

So while Chad was searching Stefan's desk, Stefan searched
Abby/Gabby's
bolt hole. Something I learned after reading all those Sherlock Holmes books.

Did Julie really mean what she said about not picking on
Gabi anymore? Maybe
she can meet Gabby and pick on her instead.

I laughed when Gabby listened to the message from Jennifer.
She said "Mom,
always making donuts and wringing her hands"

I almost feel like today's Abby/Gabby is a fourth character, a version of Gabby who knows she's not the real Gabi. The previous times we've seen Abby/Gabby, she thought she was the real Gabi Hernandez. Unless she was just Dr. Laura pretending to be Gabby for Stefan.

I was wondering the same thing. Her referring to Jen and not Mami Hernandez as "Mom" was interesting.

I don't think Abigail is overexposed as a character but I do think the alter story is getting stale because we constantly see her in the room with Stefan. There is no movement and there are no stakes. One of these alters really should have been a villain going after Chad.

Kayla and Jen were just a blip today. At one point I forgot they were even on the show. I did love that Jen was checking on Steve.

What pray tell was Kate wearing??

The baby story needs movement too. Glad that both Valerie and Julie were put in their places.

How can "Dr. Laura" navigate while wearing Kayla's reading classes? She's lucky that he hasn't taken a header down the infamous Town Square steps or the DiMansion staircase where Faye Walker fell to her death.
I think there might have been some real progress made
You're right, if Eli follows through on his statements to Val from the episode's end.
That's the clever Nick that I remember and even miss.
I remember him, too, but I also remember the monster who killed one person intentionally, framed another, was culpable in another death, and stalked/terrorized Melanie.

Frankly I hated how Nick was written out the first time and wouldn't mind if we found out that was actually his twin brother Rick who did all that while impersonating him. :) Let the sweet brilliant geek come back.
he said "Mom, always making donuts and wringing her hands"
Which if we think about it, doesn't really make sense, unless this was Abby pretending to be "Gabby", since "Gabby"'s mom is Adriana (or at least was until fifteen minutes or so ago, in her "head").

Thanks for the summary!

Does Lani know that Illinois has a grandparent visitation law? Imagine that Dr. Grant sued for visitation rights and the case was heard by batty Judge Rose Duncan (who once declared both Nicole and Chloe unfit). Lying Lani and Eli might just be declared unfit parents with Abe or Dr. Grant getting custody of the child, while poor JJ drowns his sorrows at the Pub.
Very interesting idea! :fan:

Back