Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 16, 2017

According to background info, from when Days first began, Tom Horton was born in 1910, dated Alice in high school, she was a year younger, she graduated in 1930, and they wed a few years later.

So, that would make Alice 107 years old this year. LOLOL. Therefore, it would seem the Hortons all had children at very young ages. Except Tom & Alice, who seemed to have waited a while. Ha. (After all, I don't think hunky Bill Horton is in his 80s, do you? heheheh) And if Addie was in her 80s... Well, let's see....again, according to the background, when the show began in 1965, twins Tommy & Addie were born in 1931, Addie married Ben Olson in 1949. Their kids, Julie & Steve were teens in '65.
Mickey was then 33, Marie was born in '42.(making her 23) Bill was 25, in final year of Harvard med school.

This was how the family began in 1965 when Days began.

Hope was born around 1973...However, in 1984, she was celebrating her 18th birthday, lol. So...that would put her around 51 today. Shawn Douglas was born in '87, But the Last Blast dance & then graduation was around 2001/2002.

Thus, aging has gone on. Hope was 21 in '87........

However, her son now has a 20 yr. old daughter. When you age the kids, you age the parents as well. :whack:

...and I'm My Own Grandpa.

I’m My Own Grandpa

Many, many years ago when I was twenty-three

I was married to a widow who was pretty as could be

This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red

My father fell in love with her and soon they too were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law and really changed my life

For now my daughter was my mother, 'cause she was my father's wife

And to complicate the matter, even though it brought me joy

I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to dad

And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad

For if he were my uncle, then that also made him brother

Of the widow's grownup daughter, who was of course my step-mother

Father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run

And he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son

My wife is now my mother's mother and it makes me blue

Because although she is my wife, she's my grandmother too

Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild

And every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild

'Cause now I have become the strangest 'case you ever saw

As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa

I'm my own grandpa, I'm my own grandpa

It sounds funny, I know but it really is so

I'm my own grandpa

Written by: Dwight Latham & Moe Jaffe

Just a few belated comments.

If Eli knew the true history of Rafe and Hope at the Salem P.D., he'd be shaking his head and reaching for some heartburn tablets. And when he gets over to the Salem FBI office, he's sure to catch an earful about Salem's "other" law enforcement organization. As for Rafe, maybe the writers should take him off the Salem P.D. and reinvent him as a spokesperson for a bubble bath brand.

Regarding Tripp, how trite that the viewers learn that he's got a record. Why can't they change things up and have the kid be a chess champion, avid birdwatcher (where are you Percy?), or a big fan of Ultimate Frisbee.

Finally, ranting, raving Deimos never learns. If he'd read up on Salem history, he'd learn that all this kidnapping and targeting stuff never works. In fact, it usually backfires.

LOL, ahhh, chips off the old block, right? Steve was not always on right side before he met Kayla and fell in love, was known back then always as "Patch".

Joey, too, ran away from school, got brought back to salem by Dad, meets up with Jade, does his run away to that stupid camp where they all steal to support each other, lots of troubles, and when he gets home...there is troublesome Ava, who dies via Joey's pillow. But.....hey.......good kids, as they like to say on Days.

KathyLu, I've always gotten a laugh out of that song! Could never remember all the convoluted family connections though. Thanks for posting the words.

I rarely agree with Kate on anything she says or does, but I was cheering her all the way in her conversation with Chad about his intention to tell Abigail about his feelings for Gabi. Kate put a term to it, which was perfect but not something I would have thought of: gratuitous honesty. I am very much against lying, but I think there is a misguided line of thinking today that says we have to tell someone every single thing we think and feel, in order to be honest. Not true.

Sometimes telling all only serves to hurt the one we love, and doesn't solve anything, as Kate pointed out. If Chad tells Abigail of his feelings for Gabi, it will put a doubt in her mind that cannot be dispelled, and it will ruin their marriage. Kate was right--don't do it, Chad, until/unless you are prepared to move on your feelings for Gabi. Chad has been one of my favorites but this storyline is ruining him for me.

Could never remember all the convoluted family connections though.
I first heard that song at a neighbor's house when I was about ten years old. I am still surprised that I, somehow, was able to remember all the words just by hearing it that first time...and still do, to this day.

I first heard that song at a neighbor's house when I was about ten years old. I am still surprised that I, somehow, was able to remember all the words just by hearing it that first time...and still do, to this day.

Wow! What a memory you have! I do remember the words to songs I learned as a child, after all these years, but I don't believe I ever learned one the first time I heard it, and certainly not one that is as hard to follow as that one.

LOL, Tis funny, but I remember that song well, but only the first few lines......Many, Many years ago, when I was 23, I was married to a widow ....well, just the first verse. After that, tho I know the whole convoluted logic in the lyrics, I could not begin to sing it from memory. KL, take a bow!

Back