Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 26, 2020

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Hospital: Brady and Kristen are talking about the charity. Kristen gets a text from Chad. She promises to tell Brady if Steve-aNO has been seen by Chad. Brady's going to check with his dad.

Hattie's Room: Hattie demands to know why Roman thinks she should stay. He reminds her of how special and brave she is, and how invaluable she is to him as a Pub employee. She makes Salem better. She says she doesn't need a man, and essentially ends whatever sort of psuedo-relationship they had. There are 37 scenes of her talking about opportunities and what she might do. (After all she's an ex-con who's had at least 2 waitressing jobs and her main skill is impersonating Marlena.)

Maison Blechh: Steve-aNO is playing chess. Marlena enters; she had difficulty sleeping because she was thinking about someone. This makes the phony Phoenix squeeze a pawn. She deflects, saying she's worried about Gabi and Kate. She states that if Kate is murdered, they will have no future. He protests, but demurs, and has to make the call; he has a present for her upstairs in her closet.

Townhouse: John is yelling at someone on the phone about catching the Evil Essence, who has left no trail. There's a noise and he finds an envelope outside. Later Brady is there, John shows him the divorce papers dated today. Brady knows the person who notarized it, will check it out. Later, there's no security footage outside the building, but Brady confirms a cash payment from Steve-aNO to Carter Wilson. John thinks this will lead them to Doc.

DiDungeon: Gabi frets and Kate paces. Robo-Chad enters, brandishing a gun. Kate tries to talk through his programming. He is about to shoot them when fake fatha calls, telling him to pull back for a bit. He demands the meeting happen now. There are a few more scenes of them in the dungeon, including Kate reminiscing about being there with Ted. Gabi empties a bottle of champagne, to Kate's chagrin; Gabi will use it as a weapon.

DiMansion study: Abby is fondling the secret panel; she is startled by Tony and Anna, who were summoned by Chad. Tony/Anna realize that Abby was unaware of the family meeting. Kristen arrives, they talk of the rats in the tunnels, and Kristen wants to investigate. They are quibbling (with Tony staying neutral and Anna defending Abby) when Chad emerges, the meeting is family business, Abby looks angry but goes to the pub with Anna. Chad wants to take them to the Phony Phoenix, but won't tell them where he is. This upsets Kristen, who wants to alert Brady. Chad scolds her. Tony refuses to believe this is really Stefano. Chad insists it is. Kristen is worried about the effect protecting their fake fatha will have on their love interests. Chad says nobody will know, and if anyone else finds out, Marlena dies. Kristen has trouble believing this; Chad says that he wants Marlena safe, and Steve-aNO would rather see her dead than with someone else.

Maison Blechh: Upstairs, Marlena finds a wedding gown. The imitation Italian says he's shown his devotion to her, gets on a knee and says it's time for her to show hers.

Townhouse: Brady tells John that the notary indicated that the phony Phoenix wanted to marry Marlena tonight. He worries about what will happen after the wedding.

Maison Blechh: Marlena learns about the DiMera Deception (described above) which has allegedly ended their marriage.

DiMansion: Anna and Abby return as the siblings are clasping hands over their decision to follow Robo-Chad's advice to protect Marlena. They claim they have to scuttle off to a DiMera business meeting. Neither Anna or Abby trusts her slimy spouse.

Maison Blechh: Marlena realizes the party Steve-aNO is planning is their wedding, which his children will attend. She accepts but has an over-the-shoulder reaction. The siblings arrive and the phony Phoenix goes to greet them, bidding Marlena put on the dress. Alone, Marlena reacts; as she looks at the dress, the dummy DiMera looks in on her, then closes her door.

DiMansion: Abby and Anna worry about their spouses, whom they love but don't trust when it comes to Fatha.

Maison Blechh: Steve-aNO greets Kristen, Tony, and Chad. He apologizes to Antony for not revealing himself in Prague. Tony understands, wants to start the meeting. The Italian impostor announces it's not a meeting, they're invited to his wedding to Marlena.

Townhouse: John looks out the window. He implores Marlena not to marry "him", as the scene cuts to Marlena in her wedding gown.

Last edited:
Good question, Heather........They don't even mention him. i.e. "Shawn is trying to locate Stevano's den". Tracing calls, etc. etc.

I am hoping Hattie is gone now. I don't like her character at all.

This Queen of the Night garbage is creepy as all get out. Seriously, a wedding dress? She's a little old for a dress like that, isn't she? Is everyone dishonest? The notary did it without Marlena present. Done! This needs to end.

It is also very creepy that Chad and Kristen treat him as if he is Stefano. He is not Stefano! Though I do hope this brings out evil Kristen so she and Brady can end.

Ya know Kate, I don't think reading that letter and saying "La Famiglia" was the smartest.

Kristen: Did the writers have to start the episode with her and Brady? Are they trying to get people to switch off their TV as soon as Days begins? And since she claims that: "Nobody knows the [DiMansion] basement better than I do," why doesn't she do everyone a favor by moving into it?

John: He's certainly right about a Steve-ano/Marlena marriage being a sham. That so-called decree isn't worth the paper it's printed on. A person can't divorce their spouse by surprising them with a document that in effect says: "Guess what? We're divorced. Ha, ha."

Steve-ano: Some Mr. Romance he is, choosing Marlena's "wedding" dress for her bigamous wedding at Maison Barf. What woman wouldn't want the likes of him choosing a dress for even a faux wedding? On another subject, unlike the real deal, Steve-ano seems to stink at chess. The piece placement on his board today made little sense. From the looks of things, even a member of Father Louis's little tots chess team at St. Luke's Academy would make short work of phony Phoenix.

Last edited:
I'm just waiting for the ratings 'boom' from people being laid off, off school, etc, so the writers can claim how great the show is. (I'm guessing Days is getting some new/returning viewers based on twitter activity and general trends.)

Because this was truly a dreadful episode. I hate Robo-Chad. I hate Kristen. I despise Brady. I loathe Steve-aNO. (I also want to know where this magic cabin is that nobody's found it yet. Did RoboChad blindfold his siblings?) Usually I like Tony and Anna, but they seem like filler (and I hate to say it, but both actors appear to be going through the motions only). I like Abby most of the time, but not in pouting-about-DiMera mode. I usually like Gabi, but not the whimpering simpering goof we saw today (until the end).

It's very hard for me to buy that John is just hanging out instead of kicking down every listed DiMera property with Rafe and the extrajudicial Salem Squad (Lani, Eli, and any other recently fired cops).

As to Roman and Hattie - I don't mind Hattie but this was laying it on a bit thick. She's a waitress and ex-con ex-secretary whose key skill is looking like a better qualified individual. Though I'm looking forward to DrBakerFan's "Hattie's Hints" advice column. I also didn't like that she got a much longer goodbye than Lucas. Or Adrienne. Or...well everybody except Sheila and Dr Tan lately.

I think Stevano has just redecorated a couple of the rooms at DiMansion, to resemble/copy ones at Maison Blanche (or Blecchh, as Jason so accurately described them). Surprising that no one there knew it was going on. This storyline is so full of holes, it would not even make a good fishing net. It honestly is hard to understand why the well paid producers of this show do not question these glaring questionable items.

Thanks, Jason. I really enjoyed your personal comments.

DrBakerFan, I hope you're right the divorce isn't legal. But it's Salem
and John and Marlena might have to marry again.

How many wedding dresses has Marlena worn? Is she the woman in Salem
who has worn the most?

Nice to see Anna and Tony.

I'll miss Hattie and it odd remarks.

Was about to say the same...There even was an episode where she pulled them all out of a closet, one by one, ranting all the while.

Inasmuch as there really was NO divorce, nor a marriage...John & Marlena are still legally married.

Stevano forged Marlena's signature, even getting it notarized, & being it was all done in 1 day...could not have been filed in court. Chad is not any sort of official JP, so the wedding is not even legal. And if there is/was a wedding license, Marlena's name had to have been forged on that as well. He was sooooo anxious to get Marlena into his bed, he had it all done in a day, including the wedding, & his immediate honeymoon. Egads.

Back