Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 8, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At DiMansion (Stefan0's bedroom), Stefan0 receives the text saying "It's done." Wigged-out Abby comes in, wondering why she hasn't heard anything about the case. He tells her he's arranged to frame Gabi Hernandez. This confuses "Gabby" a whole bunch. Big Zero attempts to explain that "Gabby" is an alter of Abby's, and Miss Wig kisses him to prove she's not Abby. He shows her a mirror to prove she's not Gabi. She says she's Gabi, she killed André like she killed Nick Fallon. He manhandles her to help her, then rips off her wig. Abby undergoes one of her hammy headaches. Stefan0 calls a doctor, but "Dr Laura" stops him.

In the Square, Gabi pulls out the coat from that awful pink bag, freaks as she also finds the urn lid. Arianna asks her what it is, thinking it might be her birthday present. Gabi reminds her that her birthday is two months away. Will comes up, encourages the early opening of this present. Gabi dodges that it's part of a theme, can't spoil it. Will pulls a dollar from Ari's ear, she runs over to the toy kiosk she loves so well. Gabi thanks Will for stepping up even though he doesn't remember her. He looks forward to making new memories. She is thankful he is here, Ari will need him. He assures her it will be OK because she's innocent. Will will watch Ari for the afternoon so Gabi can take care of something. She goes to the Private Area and leaves a desperate voicemail for Chad.

Victor is at Doug's Place, talking on the phone to Brady at the Kmansion. Tate was sick, which delayed Brady's plan to marry the drunken Eve. Victor wants to hear those wedding bells soon. Later, Brady spots Eve tenderly singing to Tate, while at Doug's Place, Victor gives Maggie a rose and orders her to come home. The sticking point is still whether or not Eve knows the truth. Since she doesn't, Maggie stalks away. Victor pursues her, saying he'll put family ahead of business. Maggie finds Victor and Brady's manipulation of Eve to be out of character and especially nasty. Victor tries to claim innocence, and even offers to let Eve keep the company. Maggie orders Victor to tell Eve the truth.

Brady and Eve tend to Tate and talk about their misery. Brady kisses her and tells her he loves her. Later, she has put Tate to bed (sorry I can't tell if they're in the same room or a different room from before) and tries to get him to take back what he said. He refuses. They kiss, and she says she's in love with him, too, despite her best interests. He suggests they marry...today. Eve finds this crazy. She says let's do it.

At the Hospital, Lani listens to the message from Eli, admitting he told Gabi about the fling, but not the baby. Lani panics as JJ enters. She says it was a work-related call from Eli. He wants to take her home, she wants to go back to work. He will take care of the paperwork, she zaps the voicemail.

At the police station, Trask comes up to Eli and says he should focus on the real killer, not random people. A lot of back and forth in what seems like a highly unethical conversation, and no real plot advancement. Later, Lani comes to him, and they talk privately about why Eli confessed and how he lied to Gabi when she asked him straight out about the baby's paternity. Eli will keep lying to protect Lani and JJ. He suggests Lani tell JJ the truth. Lani's not sure how to do that, since JJ's turned his life around. Eli promises he won't ever tell JJ, then flips when it appears (due to Lani's hospital bracelet) that his baby might have been endangered. He silences a call from Gabi as they back and forth over the substance (or lack thereof) of her hospital admission. He still cares about his baby.

Will takes Ari to the Pub, where she runs up to JJ. Ari sits aside at a different table, and JJ tells Will he's going to be a father. (Will spent a lot of cash at the kiosk.) They talk about surprise parenthood, and the filing of Will & Sonny's divorce papers.

At the police station, Gabi happens upon Trask plotting her demise. She bolts back to the private area, calls Eli (see above).

In the interrogation room, Trask enters briskly, demands Lani follow up on a lead. Eli protests, Trask claims it's her call. (Seems out of her jurisdiction to me, but hey.) Outside the private room, Trask tells Lani to apprehend Gabi and the evidence they need. Eli overhears, calls Gabi with an urgent missive to call him back promptly.

By a dumpster, Gabi is wiping prints off the urn lid with the coat (some things fall out of the pockets, confuse Gabi, she stuffs them back in). She tries to stuff it in the dumpster when Lani appears, orders her to stop. END

Does seem like Stefan is trying his uneducated, unmedical best to get thru to Abigail that she has a problem. And here, I am guessing, comes Dr. Laura to set him straight???

Gee, wonder who called Trask to tell her that Gabi was in the square with evidence, thus sending Lani out to arrest. And since WHEN does the D.A. or asst. D.A. designate just who goes out on calls? Why did Trask avoid talking to the Police Commissioner, or Commander? Tsk....

Aww Gabi, I'm afraid you've really stepped in it now, girl. :cry:

But before we go there, I want to focus a bit on the good stuff: namely the Will and Gabi scenes. It's been a pet peeve of mine that we haven't seen him interact with Gabi since November. I've found the amnesia story boring and one-note because we only see Will with Sonny, Paul and Marlena when there are other people affected by his resurrection than just those three. I liked the scenes between Will and JJ for the same reason. We finally see him trying to rebuild relations from the ground up. Let's see more of that. This story should be about more than just Will's love life or lack thereof.

Getting back to Will and Gabi, what I especially appreciated was his belief in her innocence because I thought since he didn't remember her, he might be a bit wary. But I liked that he wasn't.

Now getting back to poor Gabi. I get that she was scared and I understand why she did what she did in the end. But what she should have done instead of calling Chad :rolleyes: (more on that in a minute) was call Justin. Then they could have gone to the police together and handed over the evidence, which I think would bolster Gabi saying it was planted because it would show she wasn't trying to hide anything. That's probably why she went to the police station, then she heard Trask on the phone. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I really don't like that woman. :angry:

I kind of get why Gabi called Chad because he's the one the one that came up with the theory that the Nameless One was framing her to begin with. But having her call him indicates that there's a part of her that sees Chad as her savior and I really thought she was over that. I've taken the liberty of compiling a list of people I think it would have more sense for her to call about her predicament before Chad:

1. Justin, for the reasons mentioned above
2. Eli
3. Rafe
4. Sonny
5. The Ladies Rotary Club of Salem
6.The Vatican
7.The estate of the late Bob Keeshan (better known as Captain Kangaroo.)
8.The General Manager of the NHL hockey team the Philadelphia Flyers.
8.Then MAYBE Chad.

Abigail/Gabby and the Nameless One: I can't deny I found those scenes to be very well acted, especially by Marci Miller (Abigail). But my righteous anger with the other character on the screen affected my ability to fully appreciate those scenes I fear. What he's doing to Gabi aside, those scenes should have been Abigail and Chad, not him. I just can't deal with that guy. :angry::angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's time to award a few :eek::eek::eek: to those Salemites who richly deserve them.

:eek::eek::eek: D.A. Trask: Apparently, this blood-thirsty barracuda has forgotten that the district attorney is an officer of the court whose job it is to be an instrument of justice, not to railroad hapless defendants like Gabi. She also seems to think that she can waltz into police headquarters and give orders to the cops. Sorry, Melinda, it doesn't work this way. On the original Law & Order if Sam Waterston's D.A. had attempted to order around Jerry Orbach's tough detective, he would have been invited to take a flying leap into New York Harbor.

prd_007177.jpg

Barracuda: "Hey, Melinda Trask
is giving us real barracudas a
bad name!"

:eek::eek: Gabi: Troy42 is right on target here. Instead of heading for Salem's only alley, which contains its only dumpster, and thus making herself easy prey for the inept, clueless, goat-phobic Lani, she should have immediately called Justin. He certainly could have rushed to her aid immediately because most of the time he doesn't seem to have much to do.

:eek::eek: That New DiMera Guy: OMG, now this idiot thinks that he's a psychiatrist. Thanks to his great work, Salem now has a new Abigail personality. Who is she this time, Kristen DiMera, Willow Stark, or psycho Summer Townsend?

Thanks, Jason.

Troy, thanks for the laugh. Captain Kangaroo :)

So, who's fooling who, Brady or Eve? Brady keeps looking at
her with those eyes when she's not looking at him.

Nice to see Ari and Tate on today's show.

I'm not surprised if someone called about Gabi and the coat. She
wasn't hiding it very well. Unless Vivian made the call.

What's going to happen to Gabi now? And how did Vivian get the
stuff in the bag? I hope there are cameras on the square.

I was shocked when Stefan took off the wig. I thought he read in
the book he wasn't supposed to confront an alter.

Today closed captioning only showed Abigail's name.

Wow! After all these years, the usually discernible Maggie doesn't know either of them.
That's what I thought, too.
On the original Law & Order if Sam Waterston's D.A. had attempted to order around Jerry Orbach's tough detective, he would have been invited to take a flying leap into New York Harbor.
This certainly happened more than once!

I am hoping Eve is conning Brady.

I don't care about Maggie and Victor.

I'm glad the 12-year-olds weren't on today.

So I wonder what exactly made Abigail split? I have to say I think Marci Miller (Abigail) looks good with dark hair. But I don't understand how framing the real Gabi will help the alter Gabby. I honestly thought they'd try to frame Kate.

I wonder if Arianna thought it was her birthday present because that is what whoever put the stuff in there told her? It was nice to see Will. It's been awhile.

Oh my gosh Gabi! I would have high tailed it out of the square so fast and boo to calling Chad.

I really want Eve to be playing Brady too.

I was really surprised when Stefan pulled the wig off!

Loved seeing Arianna and Tate today, have they ever crossed paths at the Kiriakis place?

The split could have happened BEFORE the murder, thus the alter, Gabby, MAY have done the deed??? After all, the person went in wearing the coat and wig, came out with the lid to the urn. Doesn't mean she did it.......but in re: the split. Possible to have gone in, found the body, picked up that urn lid in shock, and then left????

Gee, wonder who called Trask to tell her that Gabi was in the square with evidence, thus sending Lani out to arrest. And since WHEN does the D.A. or asst. D.A. designate just who goes out on calls? Why did Trask avoid talking to the Police Commissioner, or Commander? Tsk....

D.A. Trask: Apparently, this blood-thirsty barracuda has forgotten that the district attorney is an officer of the court whose job it is to be an instrument of justice, not to railroad hapless defendants like Gabi. She also seems to think that she can waltz into police headquarters and give orders to the cops. Sorry, Melinda, it doesn't work this way. On the original Law & Order if Sam Waterston's D.A. had attempted to order around Jerry Orbach's tough detective, he would have been invited to take a flying leap into New York Harbor.

This bothered me too. She did explain that she was giving the orders because Hope was out of town but that's not plausible. In that case, another cop would be standing in for Hope or someone could simply call Hope for direction. Give me a break.

I think Marci Miller (Abby) gets better and better. She's doing a great job showing the differences between the 3 characters. And lol at the Gabby accent. That said, I do want her to get out of isolation and start interacting with Chad, Jennifer and JJ more. It's time for Stefan to say something to Chad too. Chad doesn't have to believe him yet but he needs to put it out there.

Nobody is rootable in the baby story.

Eve is taking care of a sick child who is in bed fully dressed with shoes on? OK.

Arianna is too cute. You could tell she was patiently waiting to say her line while Gabi was searching the duffel bag. Nice to see Will with them too.

Once upon a time, there was a police commissioner, and a police commander (Abe & Roman)

And yes, if the commissioner goes out of town, suddenly, as apparently Hope did, there has to be a POLICE person in charge. Captain, Sgt., or ??? Not the D.A. ordering ...

I do not like how they are treating the mental issue (disassociative identity disorder) that Abigail clearly has. Stefan-O shouldn't have been confronting the alters because that could cause even more issues. Not that television should be responsible for mirroring reality, but don't stereotype based on what you've seen in bad Lifetime movies. Or how you *think* they should be behaving.

Alters, in general, have specific names and personalities for a reason. Avengers, protectors, etc.

So, let's be real about this with the limited knowledge that we have (unless someone here is a psychiatrist or psychologist who has dealt with this. I'm just a regular person who has met two people with DiD in my 46 years on earth). Why would Abigail split into Gabi? She doesn't hate her (anymore), she isn't emotionally threatened by her (anymore), so what's the deal?

As far as I can tell, there are at least 3 alters: Abigail herself, Gabi, and the one that is in-between the two. So what is the purpose of the one between the two? Is she just a facilitator or something else? And then, how many more are there (if there are more, or are they staying with the average reported number).

Back