Days of Our Lives - Thu., May 18, 2017

While I think the writers have done Chloe a huge disservice in the storyline here, the fact remains.........Holly is Nicole's baby. Chloe should have told her that when the baby was born..........before she ever slipped into the coma. She did not.....and she held on to that fact for some time after she came out of the coma. She secretly used Nicole's egg & Daniel's sperm to get pregnant, and while she did not need permission to do so....her agreement was if the pregnancy was viable, she would turn the baby over. She never told Nicole, throughout the pregnancy and afterwards.

I saw a poll with about 8500 viewers responding....and 95% think Chloe is in the wrong.

Yep, there is fault to be laid at the feet of others.....but Chloe herself decided she would steal Nicole's child. Right now, she has really spent very little time with the baby, but even though that baby was not hers, she instituted nursing via meds. She was bound and determined to keep the child from it's mother.

And if Justin would have been on the ball, he could have recounted Chloe's own affair with Deimos, both when he used a fake name in Chicago, and then later in Salem, after she helped him from the river. And it was why he thought he was the father.

So, was Chloe jealous that Deimos fell for Nicole and did not stay with her? Don't know, don't care. The fact is, Chloe's actions and decisions are what set everything that followed in motion.....including the stupid and bad decisions by Nik and Brady, Deimos, too.

I think most folks get irritated hearing her say "MY" baby, which is how and why they get on her case about NO, it is not YOUR baby, she is Nicole's.

Last edited:
Chloe said she can't bring Parker home because it's crazy here (or something to that nature). To me, that shows she is a terrible mother. She is choosing to wander around Salem, trying to get a baby that is not hers, instead of being a mother to her own son.

Maybe Parker should be taken away from her. Maggie, granted she is getting up there in years, but she is his grandmother, could file for custody based on abandonment. Yes, Parker is with his grandparents, and the show has not really told us how often Chloe visits, but in my opinion, Chloe has abandoned him.

Chloe seems to have abandoned shot-girl dresses! :clap: Gabi has taken them over. :)

Drug lords are threatening Dario? Maybe the resolution of his problem will result in Theresa's rescue. Two birds with one stone? :rolleyes:

Dario's scene with Chloe revealed some chemistry potential.

Lani is becoming very likable.

That horse left the barn in Florida.

Not really, since JJ has no memory of the Florida incident. As far as he is concerned, a romp with Lani would be their first. :drunk: Probably best to not go there, but JJ was unable to consent to intimacy in Fla. Therefore, he was raped by Lani. A Kristen/Eric redux. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really, since JJ has no memory of the Florida incident.
JJ's not remembering doesn't mean it didn't happen. We also don't know that JJ didn't consent...or that they were both equally drunk. My comment about the cow's having already left the barn is that it DID happen, and the only way it can be changed is if a writer comes along and tickles her/his keyboard in that direction.

he fact is, Chloe's actions and decisions are what set everything that followed in motion.....including the stupid and bad decisions by Nik and Brady, Deimos, too.

Sorry, I disagree with this. I mentioned in another post that even if Chloe had agreed to share custody with Nicole and Nicole and Brady had not went on the run, Deimos was still bound and determined to get Nicole (and Holly) back, and would most likely have plotted to have Xander come to Salem instead of Canada to kidnap them in order for him to play the hero and "rescue" her. Brady might still have been shot in order to prevent Xander from taking Nicole and the baby.

No matter how selfish Chloe acted regarding the baby, the fact remains that she legally went to court and was granted custody of Holly. The judge awarded custody to her because of Nicole's current bad decisions (she had just been arrested for stabbing that guy in the square and was still defending Deimos' actions). Nicole should have immediately had Justin file for appeal and blocked Chloe from leaving Salem with Holly until the appeal for the custody issue went through. Instead, she further broke the law by chloroforming Chloe and taking the baby.

Chloe shares blame for the events that have happened, but she is in no way the one responsible for Brady lying in the hospital or Nicole and Holly held by a maniac (Xander and Deimos are to blame for that). Justin and Lucas were both wrong to blame her for that.

I agree A Guy, Lani was very likeable today. I enjoyed her for the first time. I suspect today's plane scene with Eli is heading to pairing them as a couple eventually.

Wyatt really hasn't done anything wrong. Am I supposed to dislike him because Ciara offered to write a paper for him? What a villain!

@Jen67........The thing is, Chloe set things in motion initially by not telling Nicole immediately that Holly was her child. She would never gone to court, etc. if she had done what she agreed to do. Everything that happened was due to her choices, not anyone else's. By that, I mean none of it would have happened.

And currently, constantly referring to Holly as "my child" is not gaining her any sympathy. Yes, lots of bad choices & decisions were made by others, but it was all because Chloe refused to admit that Holly was Nicole's bio child.

And if she felt that Deimos would be a really bad influence, that is what Child Protective Services are for. Again, she did not have to sue for custody, but that was the writers' way of causing duress.

...the fact remains that [Chloe] legally went to court and was granted custody of Holly.
You are correct, Jen7, when you say that Chloe did what she did according to the law; however, since she made the original agreement with two friends (one of whom fathered her own child), I think she crossed the line big time. While I do think she was afraid of Holly's being around Deimos, I think she should have given Nicole the benefit of the doubt when it came to making the right decisions for Holly's welfare. History has shown Nicole to be an excellent mother, and I don't think she would do any less for her own child. Chloe exacerbated things even further when she began to nurse Holly, in Nicole's presence, and seem to lord it over Nicole. Chloe did not have the right to dictate who Nicole could marry. I do think she has Holly's best interests at heart, but she went too far.

Back