Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 16, 2017

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
In the Private Area, Jennifer is with Abby, worrying about her relationship with Abe, who was such a rock for her when JJ was having his teen troubles. Abby is sure that Abe is only worried and lashing out, and he didn't mean it. A bit of back and forth before parting. Later, Eric is with Jen in the same area, as she is requesting that Eric go to comfort Lani and be there for Abe. Eric thinks she's the one who needs consoling.

JJ is at the scene and he recalls seeing Theo's face. Later, he is pondering, and Abby comes up to him. JJ tells her that Theo froze when ordered to. He is worried that Theo turned around because JJ was familiar. JJ is now sure he saw Theo's face. He second-guesses himself, and Abby tries to reassure him because she has so much experience with delusions. JJ insists he saw Theo's face, and could have stopped from shooting Theo.

At the hospital (waiting room), Lani reports to Abe that JJ didn't see Theo's face. Abe wants someone to pay for shooting his son. Lani tries to get him to see that nobody may be at fault; he orders her to stay away from JJ. Chad rushes in with an apology; Abe takes that as an admission of culpability. Abe has not forgotten that the DiMeras put Theo in harm's way with Dario. Chad loves Theo and would never put him in harm's way again, and he has André's word to the same effect. Abe is dismissive. Kayla comes out, explains (to Abe, Lani, Claire, and Chad) that Theo is in a coma from which he may never come out. They react. Valerie emerges; she blames herself, worried that her personal relationship with Abe and Theo might have made her shaky and unreliable. Kayla denies this, Valerie was in top form. A nurse informs them that Theo's out and ready to be seen.

In Claire's hospital room, Kate claims she is en route to Commissioner Brady's and will deliver Theo's phone (as Tripp eyes up that she has been calling). Tripp refuses, Claire gets angry that he's refusing. Tripp and Kate go to the hall to talk about it, Kate spins lies. Tripp recalls that Kate said the word "illegal" when talking with Theo, and how worried Theo was that Tripp would talk about what happened. He refuses to give her the phone, which she says is his choice. As he is leaving, she says he will go to jail for attempting to murder Kayla (because she overheard Kayla talking to his father) if he turns the phone to the police. She vows to get the information she needs to get him if it comes to that. Tripp stands his ground. Kate points out that Kayla's cover-up will destroy her own reputation unless Tripp complies. He doesn't believe her, at first. He hands it over, and then she orders him to get the password from Claire.

Outside Theo's room, Claire is worried that Theo will never know that she loves him despite their fight. She cries on Tripp's shoulder. Tripp consoles her, then asks for the password, despite it not being a good time. Claire admits that she knows it, although Theo initially didn't want to give it to her. The password is C-L-A-I-R-E. He goes back to Kate, who deletes the message. She claims to care for Theo. Tripp tells her about the coma and stalks off. Kate tears up.

Chad (whom Abby texted for an update) arrives at the crime scene, and tells Jennifer, JJ, Abby, and Eric that Theo is in a coma that he may not come out of. Jennifer tries to restrain JJ from going to Theo/Abe, but fails. Eric comforts Jennifer.

At the hospital, Abe and Lani look at the comatose Theo (whom we do actually see on-screen).

Also, it is really hard for me to believe that no one at all has given a thought to the fact that Kate, the current CEO of DiMera Enterprises, could possibly be the one who got Theo involved in something.

Yep, of course Theo has to be in a coma, thus he cannot tell on anyone.

Kate must really think Theo will keep his mouth shut.....when he comes to. Heck, she was asking for that phone before she even knew he was in a coma.

I think there is a way to get deleted messages back. Hopefully (not likely, tho) the Salem PD can do so. Then again, Eli was with the FBI, maybe he knows the way, or someone who can do so.
Seems like nothing is gone forever when it comes to digital stuff!

About five years ago, I damaged a flashdrive that was a complete backup of my computer. My computer had died not long before that and I got a new one. I hadn't yet loaded everything from the flashdrive to the new computer. A techie friend gave me the info for a company who does government work of retrieving info from damaged devices. I sent it to them and they not only retrieved everything on the flashdrive, but they also restored stuff I had previously deleted from it. Took just a few days. (not cheap, though; I paid $1,000 for the service)

Heck, I had a handful of pictures on Facebook that I deleted years ago. I keep my page bare. Recently, Facebook added an option of "featured photos" on the left-hand side of your profile page. When I looked, it gave me the option to show the pictures I had deleted years ago. While they're not showing on my profile anywhere, they're on the FB server somewhere and there is no way for me to delete them. Granted, I didn't click on them to be shown, but they're still there.

I took a screenshot and sent a complaint, but received a "form letter" reply of "thanks for reporting a problem, blah, blah, blah."

I liked that Tripp stood his ground with Kate, "I was responsible for what I did, if prison, so be it, I don't care". But of course Kate has her next piece of knowledge.....how Tripp was responsible for those med errors, and Kayla did not tell. (Too bad she threw in the mob money, as that can get thrown right back at her with the DiMera "donations". )

Kate truly needs to go down, but good. Too bad she learned a lesson about saving money, or she could easily be back at the Hudson St. Diner, sleeping in a woman's shelter.

So frustrated with Kate getting the phone and deleting. But I was thinking the same thing, that deleted messages can be still be retrieved. I hope they think of that. I did like that Tripp took responsibility and was "do what you want to me". I still can't believe Commissioner Brady didn't go straight back to Tripp to get the phone before going to talk to Andre? The phone is more important!!! And I am sure that message Kate deleted wasn't the only thing on Theo's phone from her!

Now JJ is annoying me. Listen to your sister!! You only think you saw Theo's face because now you know it was Theo. Had you seen Theo, you would have lowered the gun and incredulously said "Theo?". I was absolutely expecting Lani to be behind him when he said I knew it was Theo when he shot him. Glad she wasn't but sure seems like he's gonna say it again. And oh yay Valerie, give Abe someone else to blame for Theo's situation!! Besides Theo who was breaking into a building and running from the police. Abe attitude is just killing me.

When Theo is able to tell what he was doing, & who told him to do so, Abe is going to be eating a lot of humble pie. Theo is autistic, definitely high functioning, thus Abe probably feels even more protective.

Slightly off topic, but the other night I watched a new series, The Good Doctor, who is autistic, very smart in the medical dept......just as Theo is with computers. An agitated patient was brought in to ER, he happened upon the ER team trying to get the young fellow calmed down to treat him. The doctor knew right away what was wrong, told the team the guy did not like being touched, and just stop trying to restrain him. It worked. What was interesting was the good doctor not only helped this young man throughout the show, but also was able to see how others view him, when they learn he is autistic.

And while I understand Abe's worry & pain, I honestly have a hard time with him not remembering his own years as a cop, detective, the split second decisions he had to make, so his venom at JJ and JJ's family seems too over the top.

Just a few questions based on today's events.

When was the last time Abigail made such sense? She was right on target when she told JJ that he's manufacturing after-the-fact memories.

Should Kate really mess with Little Trippy? If looks could kill, Ms. Blue Chunk would have been breathing her last after Trippy caved and gave her the phone. It looked as if he was channeling his dark inner Vitali. And as others have said, Theo's messages are recoverable. Steve's surprise son should immediately place an anonymous phone call to the Salem P.D. telling them to put their tech experts to work.

Why is everyone so distraught about Theo being in a coma? Salemites in comas always bounce back stronger than ever. In addition to coma king John Black, other shining examples of this are JJ, Rafe, Marlena, and Chloe.

Whom will Abe rip into next over the Theo situation?
  • Roman for putting JJ on the Salem P.D.?
  • Hope for taking JJ off suspension after the Ben incident?
  • Jenny for not talking JJ out of a police career?
  • Judge Goldberg for not sending JJ to jail after his window-smashing escapade?
  • Rory for not convincing JJ that life as a stoner was a better alternative to catching crooks?
  • Eric for depriving Theo of St. Daniel's miracle surgical skills?
  • Doug and Julie for hosting such a dull party that Theo left early?
  • Nicole because she's Nicole and usually gets blamed for anything and everything?
  • Claire because she's such a dull girlfriend that Theo would rather break into warehouses than be with her?

These writers either know nothing of the law, assume that none of their viewers do, or just don't care either way. Kate could go flap her jaws to the police until she's as blue as her hair and they couldn't do anything. It's called hearsay and is never admitted in a court of law. I was so excited when it seemed that she wouldn't get her way this time. I should have known better. Blechhh.

And whereas it's true that deleted messages can be recovered, will the Salem PD even think of that?

I liked that Tripp stood his ground with Kate, "I was responsible for what I did, if prison, so be it, I don't care". But of course Kate has her next piece of knowledge.....how Tripp was responsible for those med errors, and Kayla did not tell. (Too bad she threw in the mob money, as that can get thrown right back at her with the DiMera "donations". )

Kate truly needs to go down, but good. Too bad she learned a lesson about saving money, or she could easily be back at the Hudson St. Diner, sleeping in a woman's shelter.
Or working below on a fishing boat!

Oh boy, JJ is always in situations like this, his story-line is awful. Just a few months ago he thought he killed Deimos. Instead of standing around the last two days beating yourself up, go work the case, and figure out what Theo was doing and why? By the time they start investigating the evidence will be gone. Why did Hope not take Theo's phone right then and there? It was evidence!!!!

Thanks, Jason.

When Kate was deleting the messages, I kept thinking what about the cloud. The
cloud saves stuff.

Jen is lucky to have Eric for a friend.

Today Abe asked Lani if she could face the fact her boyfriend shot her brother.
I said that in Monday's summary.

Today Abe's girlfriend put Theo a coma.

And why was everyone in shock Theo in a coma? It happens all the time in Salem.

Back