Days of Our Lives - Thu., Nov. 2, 2017

Well so far I’m not impressed with the NEW writing staff. I do like the mentions of historical connections, but aside from that it seems like just another long line of unimpressive, juvenile, long, drawn out, segments.

On a side note, Sami needs to go, they should tone down Lucas a bit, and Adrienne being the heartthrob of Salem just doesn’t fit. Oh, I like the actress, Judi Evans (Adrienne), but come on.

Probably in the minority, but Lani ranks right up with Paige on my bor(e)-omoter. Saccharine characters we are being forced to accept. Eve can now leave town. She just waltzes into the mansion and announces she is family...blah and more blah.

The new writing was going well. Now grinding to a halt. The Sami show is ridiculous. Marlena stumbled around looking for clues while Sami is flipping books and checking clothes. John and Marlena appear incompetent and Sami is postal. While I get the hope Sami has for Will to be alive, if she says one more time about "the love of my life" I may upchuck. Sheesh.

8f2KlZ9R0KWXu.gif

OT, but I wonder why no one on NCIS (show from above post) has reported Mark Harmon's character for slapping them. I love Mark Harmon, but would report his butt in a minute! (Yes, I know some people think it's cute, but it's harassment in the workplace.)
:back:

Awww, those are love taps from Gibbs. His co-workers know he cares about them when they get one. :)

While I do think stories are being stretched out too long, I prefer the writing, the use of all the cast via this team of writers to the previous Higley team. EXCEPT for the Sami show. For those who are fond of the character, it was nice to bring her to Salem, but to have her then dominate everything going on is a disservice to all the viewers.

And then, as noted, a 40 year old woman who is still acting like a petulant teen age brat is just not likeable at all.

While I do think stories are being stretched out too long, I prefer the writing, the use of all the cast via this team of writers to the previous Higley team. EXCEPT for the Sami show.
Hear, hear, on all counts. The writing is better, but not as sharp an upturn as we're used to when a new headwriter takes over. And some of the stories just aren't working. But we have fewer static days (days in which one plot point is spread across four-five scenes in one episode).

However this is also a "sweeps" episode and was very underwhelming as such.

I wish she would
think about how many people in Salem were stupid and didn't even realize it was
Bonnie the whole time. Even Justin.
And I hope she brings up Elsa if they're going to reunite. While reviewing posts yesterday, I found the Elsa episodes, and after Adrienne found out, he went back to Dubai to continue boinking Elsa, not caring a smidge for how Adrienne felt. I hope her bug-addled brain remembers that, too.
Frankly, I wish that Susan would fire a few shotgun blasts in the direction of "mean, mean" Sami, chasing out of Memphis, out of Salem, and off the viewers' TV screens. Truly radiant she isn't.
We think alike, DrB.

Thanks for the summary. What a bore this one is, especially for November Sweeps.

I can't stand Sami, and even more I can't stand the continual references to EJ. I also wish she came back saying that she realized EJ was a terrible mistake. Ugh!

I'm surprised that Lucas dumped Adrienne. I didn't like them as a couple before, but I started to warm up to them. I wish they could have had a happier reunion and split later, but maybe this is for the best. Either way, it feels sloppy to me.

Also feeling sloppy to me is the way the Eve return has been handled. Her scenes with Victor, Maggie, and JJ just don't seem well thought out. And it's beyond ridiculous that Abe, who has long known JJ and is close friends with his mother, is so hesitant about him dating a daughter that he never knew. I hope the writers wrap this up already.

I'll cut the writers some slack for this stupid Will is back from the dead story. It couldn't have been easy to think up how they could bring him back to the show. Nothing they could write would make it plausible. So, it is what it is. It's what they do with the character AFTER he's discovered that I'm interested in. Please make Will likeable again! I loved Chandler Massey's version of Will.

They could've avoided the whole "back from the dead" by saying the Will who came back from California was an imposter, while the real Will was being held somewhere.

Yes, they could have gone with their other famous storyline of the doppelganger! Hahaha! :) That certainly would have been quicker! Either way, I just hope after all is said and done, it's a Will we all will enjoy watching.

Thanks for the summary. What a bore this one is, especially for November Sweeps.

I can't stand Sami, and even more I can't stand the continual references to EJ. I also wish she came back saying that she realized EJ was a terrible mistake. Ugh!

I'm surprised that Lucas dumped Adrienne. I didn't like them as a couple before, but I started to warm up to them. I wish they could have had a happier reunion and split later, but maybe this is for the best. Either way, it feels sloppy to me.

Also feeling sloppy to me is the way the Eve return has been handled. Her scenes with Victor, Maggie, and JJ just don't seem well thought out. And it's beyond ridiculous that Abe, who has long known JJ and is close friends with his mother, is so hesitant about him dating a daughter that he never knew. I hope the writers wrap this up already.

All these are things I've been thinking. Thanks for saying them.

Back