Days of Our Lives - Thu., Oct. 11, 2018

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Kayla and Marlena fret about Hattie's role, which while crucial in Marlena's recovery, could hurt Kayla if the unpredictable Hattie runs afoul of the plan. Later John meets with them, Hattie is missing.

Hattie has strolled to the Pub to talk to Roman. Roman is furious - Marlena's recovery isn't at the point where she should be strolling out in public. Roman takes her back, texting John along the way. John meets Hattie when Roman brings her back to Marlena's room. She blackmails John into playing nice as he tries to keep her in line.

Brady is lurking around some warehouse or something. He can't get in because he needs a code. He tries several obvious codes that don't work. He tries to take it off, and gets zapped.

At the DiMansion, Sami demands to learn about her late rapist husband from the rapist currently occupying DiMansion. She offers him $63 million now and $62 million later for information on what Kristen did to her rapist. Stefan tells Sami that Kristen told him she injected the rapist (EJ) with the same drug given to Will and secreted him away. The ashes weren't her rapist husband's; that guy is in a secret facility. Stefan won't say where EJ is until he gets the rest of the cash. Sami is angry, expects that Stefan is afraid EJ will overthrow him at DiMera. Stefan says that "if EJ returns to the land of the living" he would welcome him - he came to Salem to reconnect with his family. Sami begs (it's pathetic). Stefan doesn't know where EJ is, but he gives her a scrap of paper with an address that was left by Kristen.

At Daniel's apartment In Nashville, Nicole tells Eric that their only way out may be to kill Xander. Eric can't believe she's serious, but she is - she would kill again to protect Holly. Holly stirs; Eric wants to see her. Eric is surprised by how big she is; it's been nearly a year. They try to hold her together, but Holly fusses. Later, Eric says. Nicole thinks that Holly, though shy, liked Eric. She asks Eric to take Holly away from here, lest she grow up a prisoner like Nicole had to. He won't leave Nicole with Xander. He won't ever leave her - they're in this together. He plans to follow Xander tomorrow when he goes to work; he and Nicole start kissing.

At the hospital, Kayla and Roman talk about crazy Hattie and John's unfortunate marriage. Roman is proud of Kayla's strength saving Marlena in spite of her own tragedy. (Shane is still working to clear Steve's name.)

IN a warehouse, Xander meets with Kristen, who is his boss. (He is carrying around the recorder with the confession.) She needles him about his lack of sex with his wife. He informs her that Eric has found Nicole. Kristen's surprised Eric made it here so soon. Kristen didn't know that Xander shot Marlena; he explains trying to use the chaos Kristen was creating to kill Eric. (Kristen scooped up Xander's services after Victor rejected him despite saving Jeannie T.) Kristen and Xander have some other project cooking. She wants to see the patient. He says okay, you're the boss (sotto voce: for now). She calls the unconscious Brady to say she misses him. Xander goes into a room marked "E.D.".

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right, as glossed in -line. I can't bring myself to write their names because this story is sickening. A thief paying her stolen mob money to a rapist to find a rapist.

I don't object if the moderators feel the need to change it but I can't dignify this story with their names.

This Hattie thing is absolutely ridiculous. Did the two woman at the bar at the pub not take note of "Marlena" being there. Just so dumb and i'm afraid they are going to drag out John and Hattie being "married".

Eric has just completely forgotten about Jen hasn't he? Holly was so cute!! And about the right age too!!

So Xander was at the wedding on his own and not at Kristen's order. Can't wait to see the patient.

Xander: The job market must be tight in the hired muscle area. Why else would Xander stoop to working for the deranged, erratic Kirsten.

Kristen: How cheap is this one? She allegedly is caring for EJ, but instead of placing him in a luxurious, discreet clinic, she stows him in some grungy warehouse and uses Xander for his babysitter.

Eric: Who does he think he is, Nancy Drew? And why does he think he can successfully tail Xander? People doing that kind of work need to be able to blend in. Who wouldn't notice scruffy Eric with his perpetually anguished expression?

Brady: It's a good thing that Victor never decided to skimp on electrical repairs by pressing Brady into service. Even if he avoided electrocuting himself, he probably would have fried the wiring in the K-mansion.

Stefan Zero: Large numbers of viewers despise this creep. Many more have probably joined the McPerv haters club now that he's spoiled their dinner by announcing that EJ is still alive.

Admittedly, by now, both Hattie and Bonnie have overstayed their welcome. There is no humor any longer, tain't funny, McGee. (old radio program reference)
And so has Sami, if that is all she is going to do is go into raptures over her dead evil lover possibly being brought back to life. Been there, done that, over and over and over. Wasn't interesting to begin with, and is snoozeville now. FF time for those who tape. And yes, I know, there are those who want and hope she is not on a foolish mission. Sorry folks. Just my opinion.......

Thanks for the summary, Jason. I wonder where Kristen gets her money, since she's always in hiding and is disconnected from the family.

I also wonder if there is an exit plan for Hattie. It seems to me that the real Marlena is well enough now, they could sneak her back into the bed Hattie is occupying, and get Hattie out of there. What is the point of continuing to keep her hidden away? If they don't know how to get rid of Hattie now, they're not going to know a month from now.

Thanks, Jason.

Hattie still makes me laugh. I wondered about the women at the pub too.
Maybe they can say Marlena forgot who she's married to and went to
see Roman.

Poor Holly she doesn't want anything to do with Eric, aka the daddy killer.

I liked it when Brady was smarter. Remember when he stopped the video of Melanie
and Philip (I think that's the guy on the tape) before it got on the internet.

Did Kristen leave the address behind on purpose? Probably.

My question is did Nicole redo the kitchen squares to look like Daniel's kitchen?

Line of the day goes to Xander to Kristen "your old sex tape partner. The
fallen
father, Eric"

I enjoyed part of the interaction between Sami and Stefan-O. Was great to see that she could turn the tables on him when everyone else seems to stick their tail between their legs and retreat.

Agree that Hattie and Bonnie need to go. No storyline for either since Marlena woke up and the baby is Mimi's.

Glad to hear Roman and Kayla talking about Steve. Could it be that he will come back? Here's hoping.

I know some of you have theorized about Eric being Holly's father, since way back when. I've always liked the idea but thought it was pretty unlikely. After watching today's episode I'm feeling a little bit hopeful they might go that direction with it. Eric made such a big deal about loving Holly, and wanting to hold her and all. Nicole's suggestion that he take her and raise her as his own. Several comments that could be hints.

Lots of anvils in that Nicole/Eric conversation. I feel like Eric raising Holly will come up again. Hopefully she really is his kid. Also ironic since this seems like the opposite of what just happened with Marlena should something happen to Nicole.

I'm ready for Sami to go back to her kids Sydney and Johnny now. Allie can move to Salem to be with Lucas since he is the only one who acknowledges her.

The Kristen/Xander thing is random.

Sami has all that money but nobody in her family has a place to live? Sure.

I'm over Hattie too. Let's move this along. I want to see real Marlena with Belle and Eric.

The show is so much better with Eric as the lead than Brady. I wish they could retcon the car crash, somehow blame Deimos, and then make Eric a cop.

Brady puts his Black family roots to shame. I'm sure Paul could have opened the door easily without getting electrocuted.

Last edited by a moderator:
And so has Sami, if that is all she is going to do is go into raptures over her dead evil lover possibly being brought back to life.
Let's all stop to consider whether or not Sam-me would have paid $63 million to resurrect Will. I don't think so.

Again - she's mourned him longer than they were married and it's getting ridiculous.
What is the point of continuing to keep her hidden away?
To keep John and Marlena apart, I would think, lest they run out of story ideas. (I'm not agreeing, just speculating.)
Eric, aka the daddy killer
Personally I think/hope these scenes are leading to a retcon of Holly's paternity.
I wish they could retcon the car crash, somehow blame Deimos, and then make Eric a cop.
Love it! Except I'd rather put the blame on Brady and we probably don't need Eric innocent to become a cop. His Aunt Hope sure ain't innocent.
Allie can move to Salem to be with Lucas
Yes! I'm hoping when the idiocy of the "Baby Bonnie" story is over we get something like this.

There was a flashback scene of the procedure. A nurse came into the room and apologized for the delay. She said she was tied up due to "some drunk". The comment was weirdly random and led many to think Eric was the drunk and that he somehow substituted his sperm for Daniel's, or samples were mixed up, before the "ingredients were mixed" and implanted into Chloe.

Back