Days of Our Lives - Thu., Oct. 12, 2017

I have absolutely no sympathy for Brady at all. For months he has pushed Nicole for this relationship, even in Canada when she was not ready, and then when they had it, he became suspicious every time she was out of his sight and figured she was with Eric. He has been totally obsessed with Nicole and Holly, and he has not spent any time with Tate in months.

I am so ready for Bonnie to be found out. Victor of all people should be able to figure out that "Adrienne" would not be trying to marry him. Hopefully he puts the pieces together.

Well it was easy to figure out that it was Rolf who revived Will. It will be interesting to see them go find Rolf who will lead them to Will. The only drawback is that Marlena called the screecher to tell her of the news.

It's good that Chloe and Julie worked out their differences. While I want them to decide to keep the club name Doug's Place, Julie had no right to go ahead and name the club without consulting Chloe, as they are equal partners.

Reality check: Bonnie should guess again if she thinks that she has anything on Victor. Her allegedly overheard conversation just creates a he-said-she-said situation with no corroborating evidence since Xander certainly won't help her. And If Bonnie ever dared to take her story to the Salem P.D., she'd probably be quickly shown the door.

Revenge of the "butler": When everyone was wondering why Dr. Rolf would get involved in a plan to resurrect Will, they could have recalled that RoboJohn once forced Stefano's mad scientist to be his butler at the DiMansion, Could it be that Rolf was looking for a little payback for this humiliation?

Blast from the past: Chloe may have a point about the name Doug's Place. Will it conjure up images of an old-time night club where well-dressed men and woman danced to the music of the big bands of yesteryear. If so, the club will be a hit with the Salem Senior Center crowd, but the young and hip will be looking for other options.

Last edited:
What about just "THE Place".....?

Well, I am terrible at that, but then writers have been terrible, too, which is how we got Club TBD (to be decided), lolol.

Have been really puzzled about Bonnie's plan (glad Sheila said no, thanks) a phone conversation? he said, she said, as Dr. Baker noted.

I am glad Eric Martsolf has been getting some meaty material, but hate what he has become overall (Brady).

The only drawback is that Marlena called the screecher to tell her of the news.
My thoughts exactly!
While I want them to decide to keep the club name Doug's Place, Julie had no right to go ahead and name the club without consulting Chloe, as they are equal partners.
Agreed. The only other name I'd like as much would be 'Wings.' I'm personally hoping they go for a split time name - call it "Doug's Place" and cater to the 50+ crowd Monday-Thursday, and call "Club C" and cater to the happening young ones Friday-Sunday. :)
Her allegedly overheard conversation just creates a he-said-she-said situation with no corroborating evidence
Actually, in Salem, this is enough to give Victor the chair. *wink*

I absolutely loved the four grandparents, (yes, I am including John) talking at the Brady pub. Hope they have this camaraderie continue!

I am also enjoying that the writers are connecting all the dots. Mentioning things in the past, realizing that the actions of one thing, actually effect many things, for example, John leaving to go talk to Sonny, since this definitely impacts him. Or when Adrienne and Victor were talking, Victor mentioning that Hope is family. As someone stated above, mentioning Cassie and Rex. Many writers in the past failed miserably in remembering who is tied to who. Kudos to the writing staff for all of the mentions of people and events that are important

I am giving a great deal of credit to Sheri Anderson, who wrote for Days in the past, is very familiar with the "dots" that should be connected, mentioned, etc. Am glad she finally agreed to come on as consultant, bless her heart.

It is smart thinking overall, recalling for those whose memory might be cloudy, who perhaps were not watching back then, going over past events so in their own minds (the grandparents) they can make the right assumptions or conclusions.

I was most shocked that Kate actually brought up Cassie and Rex again. It's very rare we hear or speak of them, thank you Dr. Rolf! Once again brilliant acting by everyone and I am finally glad too see the storyline progressing. I do feel its time to ship off Brady and send him off to rehab for a good year.

Thanks for the summary. Yep, an amazing show. Even the "filler" material with Julie and Chloe was actually good.

Really nice, emotional, raw acting with Nicole and Brady. I'm very disappointed with who Brady is turning out to be. There was no reason for him to abuse Nicole that way. I bet he's just gonna hit the bottle again soon. It's a good thing Nicole is getting out before it gets any worse.

Dr. Rolf. Will he say "it didn't take" when asked about Will's death?

Thanks for the summary Jason!

I hope Deimos' death is swept under the rug and never revisited.
Nobody seems to care who killed him, so let it be!
I'm pleasantly surprised that Nicole's confession wasn't dragged out.
I would have liked it more if Nicole had called Brady out on some of his own shortcomings. Plus she never mentioned what he did to Eric with the job situation.
The writers are beginning to give some of the female characters more spunk, like Chloe standing up to Julie. Why not Nicole?
Agree that Adrienne is an idiot, her love declarations to Victor rang so false. You remember on Laugh In...Sock it to 'em? That is what I hope happens to Adrienne.
If only...
Victor has got to know this isn't Adrienne. This story needs to stop. It is insane how crazy "Adrienne" is acting. Not a red flag to anyone?
Everyone still seems so wrapped up in their own stuff they don't notice the obvious.
I am so ready for Bonnie to be found out. Victor of all people should be able to figure out that "Adrienne" would not be trying to marry him. Hopefully he puts the pieces together.
I'm about to give up hope we will ever see Adrienne back in Salem. I still hate this storyline!!!!!!!!!

Reality check: Bonnie should guess again if she thinks that she has anything on Victor. Her allegedly overheard conversation just creates a he-said-she-said situation with no corroborating evidence since Xander certainly won't help her. And If Bonnie ever dared to take her story to the Salem P.D., she'd probably be quickly shown the door.
YES! The reality check applies to Brady telling on Nicole too! I wish the writers would add some reality to some of the stories. Just sometimes would be nice, I think.

I did enjoy the grandparents all discussing the pros and cons, the what ifs, and bringing up past exploits of good ol Dr. Rolf.
I totally agree - this was an excellent scene and a great way to include history. I liked the smoothness of the interactions!

I love that I am enjoying more and more of the shows! Just dump Bonnie PLEASE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was most shocked that Kate actually brought up Cassie and Rex again. It's very rare we hear or speak of them, thank you Dr. Rolf! Once again brilliant acting by everyone and I am finally glad too see the storyline progressing. I do feel its time to ship off Brady and send him off to rehab for a good year.

I was happy (feeling almost vindicated? Hehe) after years of saying that Rex & Cassie still exist even if they aren’t mentioned, and years of others telling me they have been removed from Days canon. So my thought now is 1) Do you think it’s only a matter of time before he brings them back? He was great at mixing history and nostalgia with new storylines on his previous shows. And 2) if yes, what kind of stories would you like for them? I have one I think I would enjoy. The previous reveal of the twins being Roman and Kate’s, only being half true. I'd like if one of them is Marlena’s surrogate baby, but the other is actually her and John's biological child.

They've never said Cassie and Rex were wiped from Days' history. Kate mentioned going to see them around Christmas of 2011. And not too long ago, Eduardo bought her a charm bracelet. It had an initial charm for each of her kids, including Cassie and Rex.

No, I doubt they are being brought back.

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post directly above your own post - JS

Hi Just Samantha! (I’m new by the way, that was actually my first post lol. I like your avatar by the way). Sorry I didn’t mean the show ever said they had erased them. I meant on the message board I used to belong to for years until they did away with it a few months ago, had many commentators always saying that they no longer exist. I would always say that just because they aren’t mentioned for a long time does not mean they erased them from history. That’s why I was glad to hear them mentioned recently.

edited to write out text speak abbreviations - JS

Heck, Kate even mentioned once going to Chicago to visit Cassie and Rex

There are many family member characters never mentioned....Andrew Donovan is one, Melissa & Sarah in Tenn. (Maggie's children). They finally mentioned Allie after how long, but Sydney? Long list.

Admittedly the Cassie/Rex saga was not very favorably received, (alien twins in a space ship, etc.) So perhaps they have not been brought back on canvas as they are not characters most want to remember. :)

Last edited:
Back