Days of Our Lives - Thu., Oct. 20, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Jeannie Theresa is dreaming. She's looking for Brady, finds him bleeding. She wakes with a start, Brady is fine. He has brought her breakfast in bed. He's the luckiest guy in the world. Later, they recap how perfect things are at a picnic in the park, although Jeannie T is still traumatised by the interruption of their wedding. She can't let it go. She did something bad; lets the boom drop that she lied about Xander's attempted rape so Brady would protect her, care about her. She had to tell him, to see if he could forgive her. She was different back then, he was different, both agree they're in this for the long haul.

At the Pub, Nicole toasts to the end of the siege. She feels like the whole thing never happened; Deimos assured her it did. She wonders if he'll get over killing Xander; he reminds her he'd do anything to keep her safe. Blanca and Dario arrive. Nicole steps away from Deimos, tells Dario they need to talk now. They step outside. Nicole says she's glad Dario's OK but is mad about the Deimos/Chloe spy job Dario did. Dario claims he was trying to prevent Nicole getting hurt by Deimos. She insists she's happy with Deimos, that's all Dario wants. Deimos has followed them outside. They recap their talk and Nicole flashes back to Chloe admitting Deimos is the baby's father. Deimos has to go see Philip on the docks; he leaves. Nicole waits for a lecture from Dario, who leaves to go back to his date. Meanwhile, someone is looking at Dario/Blanca through the window. Later, Nicole has finished; she leaves.

Blanca has finished her meal with Dario, wants to pay. The stalker arrives, Blanca is mad at seeing him. Apparently Blanca and Dario have talked about him, this is her ex-boyfriend who slept with someone else and was involved in a major drug cartel. Dario tells him to back off after Blanca tells him to let her go. Dario begins to throw him out, Guillermo stands his ground. Blanca lowers the boom, she has the goods on her ex double-crossing his boss. She kept it in case 'no' didn't work on him. Guillermo doesn't believe her, Dario offers to call Rafe. Guillermo backs down, expects Blanca will come to find him when she changes her mind. Blanca is shaking after he's gone. She can't believe she ever loved him.

At the Kmansion, Dr Chen has made a house call. Victor wants a status update. The doctor thinks Maggie has a psychological block against walking. She's upset that the doc thinks she wants to sit in this chair; she tries to walk. Later, Julie arrives at the Kmansion, has received a call from an upset Maggie. Victor's glad that she's there, recaps the doc's summary; Julie reminds him of Maggie's previous successful leg surgery and her fear of losing Mickey, which kept her from walking. Maggie needs to feel loved. Julie talks about the red dancing shoes Mickey gave Maggie at that time; Victor feels helpless.

On the docks, Philip is talking with a customer on the phone, who is threatening to leave Titan shipping in favour of DiMera. Deimos arrives. Philip is furious at Brady's bungling, which has led to all of this. Philip wants Victor's help, to re-establish the connections he made. Philip feels he needs to be back at Titan; Deimos agrees, but it's Victor's call (even though he's temporarily running Titan). Philip asks for Deimos's help in this matter (reconciling with Vic) since it's Deimos's fault Vic disowned him. Deimos refuses as this may lead to Victor thinking they are working against Vic. Deimos hopes all of them living at the Kmansion might help. Deimos envies Philip's chance to reconcile with Victor, as Deimos's father considered him a mistake he constantly had to deal with. (Nicole is listening secretly.) It was years before Deimos realised love could be a thing that was real, rather than an exchange of power. This is why he longed for Chloe's baby to be his, to be the father he never had.

Philip goes to the Kmansion, where Victor is looking at a picture of his and Maggie's wedding. Vic doesn't want to talk now; of course not, laments Philip. He asks about Maggie's doctor (they crossed paths when Phil was leaving earlier). Vic recaps that Maggie has a mental block, needs reassurances. Philip says it's not as hard as one would think to show love. Vic considers stepping back at Titan, giving someone else in the family the chance to run it. Later, Maggie comes in, apologises to Victor. He announces he's going to retire from Titan and spend all his time with her. She wants to dance, now. They dance although she can barely move.

In the boarded-up square, Jeannie T and Brady are talking about Halloween. (Apparently, Tate is little again.) They discuss costumes; Philip happens upon them, will miss them when they move out. Philip recaps Victor's pending retirement. Philip wants Brady's support, realises Brady wants to make a run at it as well. May the best man win, they wish each other; Phil bolts. Jeannie T believes in Brady. Later, they're looking at Tate lovingly when Guillermo storms out of the Pub, sees them. He calls somebody and says he just saw Theresa Donovan.

On the docks, Nicole leaves a message for Chloe. She thinks Deimos needs to know the truth. She also sends her a text. Deimos happens upon her, wonders what she's doing there. She gives him his phone, which he had left at the Pub. Deimos is thankful, Nicole asks about the talk with Philip. Deimos admits he liked talking with Philip, it's like the son he never had. Nicole can't take it anymore, she has to tell him something.

Thanks for the summary. It was a decent show. Not as exciting as the other episodes over the past week, and yet it provided a refreshing break from the Aiden storyline and gave us some good scenes. Still don't like Nicole and Deimos as a couple, but shockingly, I can still watch them.

I thought this episode was awful and an extreme departure from what we've seen all week. They took away Belle and Shawn so that we could be subjected to Nicole and Deimos and Jeannie T and Brady? No thanks.

So Jeannie T tried to kill John and lied about Xander raping her and Brady is fine with it but Brady still had a hard time with his brother Eric because Kristen raped him? I'm done with Brady.

I'm confused by the Nicole stuff. What is she trying to tell Deimos? Last we saw, they were all in the room with Chloe when she got test results saying neither Philip nor Deimos was the father of her baby. I don't recall Chloe mentioning who the real father is. So who does Nicole think the father is? Either something was cut or this is very BAD continuity. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a combination of the 2.

Nicole thinks Chloe arranged for neither Deimos or Philip to be the father, and so still thinks Deimos is the dad. It does not help that Chloe won't return Nicole's texts or calls. (Tho I am surprised Nicole just doesn't call Nancy or Craig, Chloe's parents.)

Agreed this was not another edge of your seat episode. Why is Tate constantly sleeping, why still in a buggy, why has no one mentioned getting electric back at last?

Blanca's boyfriend part of a drug cartel, calls someone, probably his boss, found Theresa Donovan. Guess this was her drug contact in L.A., & she owes $$$$$. ???

Did not realize Deimos got so beat up.

Just a few assorted comments.

Jeannie T. had her wedding-disaster dream all backwards. Given the tragic track record of Brady's past fiancees, it should have been her covered in blood, with a healthy Brady rushing to the rescue.

Blanca's thuggish boy friend (Days seems to have an inexhaustible supply of slimy thugs) is sniffing around the wrong fire hydrant. If he messes with Salem's newest nurse, he's got to not only contend with fellow thug Dario, but with the mighty Rafe, the man who bounced EJ all over the Town Square, and an expert assassin who knows all about bombs. And if he bothers Jeannie T., hothead Brady has a small army of Kiriakis shooters at his instant disposal.

Finally, it was good to see the piers again in all their glory. That stairway in the background looked like the one that Tony fell off before being fatally impaled by some wood. If so, Mayor Abe ought to arrange for a historical marker.

Thanks for the summary. I haven't watched yet, but I don't like Nicole's plan to tell Deimos he is Chloe's baby father. It's going to cause a bunch of drama and it's not even true. Besides, if Nicole knew what Deimos is keeping from her and everybody else about Xander, she might not be so eager to be totally honest with him.

It also has been bothering me that Chad still has some kind of a bassinet-looking thing for Thomas to sleep in, and now I'm hearing that Tate is in a buggy. I really can't remember how old these two little ones are supposed to be but it just seems like they should be older than the way they are being portrayed.

They ARE older, and should not be in buggies and bassinets as the show is doing. But....in both instances, the child is not seen, so the actors "pretend", the show hides the fact they are not there, and doesn't have to pay for baby.

Thanks, Jason. You got a slow day in Salem to recap.

So Victor plans to retire. Will he still wear a suit at home? And who will he pick to
be in charge? Is it time for a new poll :)

I guess we have to hope Chloe calls Nicole before she tells Deimos the story he's
the baby daddy. Will he have the tests redone to make sure?

Theresa told Brady that Xander didn't attack her. Just in time when someone new
in Salem knows who she is.

I must admit I don't get this Chloe business at all. So Deimos is not the father. She should be relieved and should have told Nicole that. What was the "Nicole, you're too close to Deimos for me to tell you anything more" about ? Really, this does not make sense at all right now. Unless indeed, this is some kind of twisted Daniel is the father thing... Still, it does not make sense.

It also has been bothering me that Chad still has some kind of a bassinet-looking thing for Thomas to sleep in, and now I'm hearing that Tate is in a buggy. I really can't remember how old these two little ones are supposed to be but it just seems like they should be older than the way they are being portrayed.
Heck, we're lucky Marlena isn't still pushing Sami and Eric in a double stroller. :rotfl:

Yeah I was really bothered by the ParkerTate-is-young-enough-to-be-in-a-bassinet-type-thing thing. Last time he appeared on screen, his age had jumped up. The kid's at least 18 months since he was born in March of 2015 if I recall correctly. And last time we saw him, he looked easily 2.

I was confused by Nicole's flashback. Wasn't she listening when she found out about Deimos's extra recon? Also, these two don't trust each other one bit.

I'm sorry, I don't care about Maggie's walking, and I don't care about who's going to run Titan. Mainly because when DA PLOT suits it, they'll forget there's a company to run, and/or who's running it.

I like Blanca, but why should I care about her ex-boyfriend? She's not enough of an established character to warrant attaching someone to her. And Dario doesn't count, because he needs to be gone as well, or have something worthwhile to do to redeem himself for having his sister attacked (even if she wasn't his target).

On the plus side...there was no Hope or Aiden today.

Last edited:
Yeah I was really bothered by the Parker-is-young-enough-to-be-in-a-basinet-type-thing thing. Last time he appeared on screen, his age had jumped up. The kid's at least 18 months since he was born in March of 2015 if I recall correctly. And last time we saw him, he looked easily 2.

I think you mean Tate:)

I really like Blanca too and think there could be a place for her in Salem (ahem Lucas) but I have no interest in her past at this point. The character had a poor introduction and has had no development. I don't need her to have baggage.

Dario does need to go. I'm at a point where I can't even pay attention to his scenes. Give me back Shawn and Eric instead of Dario in Eric's jacket!

I thought I was all caught up but I must have missed something. Is Xander really dead? I thought Deimos slyly smuggled him away on a freighter to Greece, or was that part of the plan? And why does Deimos have a big bruise on his face?

Last edited by a moderator:
Deimos smuggled Xander back to Greece, but told everyone he shot and killed him (and that Xander's body fell into the river).

He also asked Xander to hit him in the face so it looked like they had a physical confrontation, to make his story of killing Xander more believable.

Ok, originally Nicole/Chloe thought the baby was Deimos' and that Kate would switch the paternity tests to say it wasn't. Yes, they were there when the test results confirmed that, but Nicole was not there when Kate admitted she arrived too late to change the test results. So Chloe knew the baby really wasn't Deimos', but Nicole still thinks only the test was fixed and Deimos is really still the father. Do I have this right??

Deimos smuggled Xander back to Greece, but told everyone he shot and killed him (and that Xander's body fell into the river).

He also asked Xander to hit him in the face so it looked like they had a physical confrontation, to make his story of killing Xander more believable.
Wow, I did miss a big chunk. Thank you JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Back